PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili and Arroyo (needs translation)

Kori Ellis
06-10-2005, 08:02 PM
MANU GINÓBILI

Tuviste un comienzo lento en el juego, luego cambiaste el ritmo y terminaste muy fuerte, ¿qué puedes comentar al respecto?
Sí, tuve problemas en el primer cuarto, especialmente al comienzo. No se si estaba nervioso, fuera de ritmo o lo que sea, pero no jugué bien. Lo entendí cuando fui al banco, me di cuenta que no estaba viendo lo que pasaba, pensaba mucho en avanzar y en finalizar las jugadas. Debes pensar más, buscar al compañero más abierto. Estaba muy molesto al final del segundo cuarto, traté de calmarme y de jugar más lento y ahí todo mejoró.

Obviamente el aporte ofensivo fue importante, pero también otro factor fundamental fueron los rebotes. ¿Puedes comentar sobre el poder reboteador del equipo?
Sí, esto fue algo que hemos venido hablando en los últimos tres o cuatro días. Sabemos que contra este equipo hay que luchar contra jugadores que son fuertes en los rebotes ofensivos, como Rasheed, Ben, Tayshaun y por esto hay que tomar muchos rebotes y creo que estuvimos bien. Creo que los superamos como por 14 rebotes y ellos son muy buenos en esto. Creo que el cuerpo técnico debe estar muy orgulloso por lo que hicimos.

Comparado con lo que viviste hace dos años, tú hablas de paciencia. ¿Eres un jugador más paciente, con más confianza?
Sin dudas, mi confianza ha crecido mucho. Ahora se que así no juegue bien al comienzo, sé que estaré en la cancha y probablemente en el último cuarto voy a tener el balón en mis manos. Eso es una gran diferencia con respecto al primer año, donde salía a jugar, tratando de finalizar algunas jugadas y pelear en defensa pero ahora es diferente.

¿Háblanos de los ajustes que piensas hacer para el juego del domingo?
Bueno creo que ellos tratarán de jugar con mayor agresividad por períodos más largos de tiempo. Conocemos muy bien a los dos equipos y sus diferencias, sabemos que no podemos dejar de jugar por cuatro o cinco minutos en un nivel aceptable porque ese lapso puede ser perjudicial. Creo que va a ser un juego muy complicado para mí porque no tendré la facilidad de penetrar, quizás como ocurrió en el primer cuarto donde no encontré espacios. No necesito marcar 20 puntos para sentirme bien, lo que importa es aportar en otros aspectos.

Tu aporte en el último período fue fundamental, ¿qué piensas de esa chispa que lograste aportar a tu equipo en ese momento definitivo?
Hay partes del juego que son muy emocionales. Cuando comencé sentí que todo me salía bien y que iba a lograr anotar un triple definitivo, el que tuve en el último cuarto. Estas son las NBA Finals, siempre el primer partido es fundamental.

CARLOS ARROYO

¿Cómo calificas el trabajo ofensivo de tu equipo?
Hicimos un buen trabajo en la primera mitad. Tenemos que entender que estas son las Finales y que debemos mantener el ritmo del comienzo al final del juego. No logramos controlar su intensidad en la segunda mitad. Manu jugó una excelente segunda parte y debemos entender que son un muy buen equipo y que les gusta jugar en la pintura. Tenemos que mejorar.

¿Qué sucedió con la defensa en la segunda mitad?
No creo que nos comunicamos tan bien como lo hacemos regularmente. Tenemos que hablar más y comunicarnos.

¿Y qué ocurrió con la ofensiva?
Fallamos muchas canastas que debíamos convertir. Pero no estamos preocupados por esto.

Manu Ginóbili anotó cuatro puntos en la primera mitad y explotó con 22 en la segunda. ¿Cuál fue la diferencia en la defensa de los Pistons para que él pudiera anotar con mayor facilidad?
No podemos permitir que se sienta cómodo en la cancha. Tiene que sentirse incómodo y no darle espacios. Es un gran jugador y debemos entender que marcarlo será fundamental para que nosotros ganemos.

Useruser666
06-10-2005, 08:50 PM
MANU GINÓBILI
I played very well and am awsome.

CARLOS ARROYO

I suck and we will lose.

~Chris~
06-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Sloppy babel fish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) translation... :angel

MANU GINÓBILI

You had a slow beginning in the game, soon you changed the rate and you finished very hard, what you can comment on the matter? Yes, I had problems in the first quarter, specially in the beginning. Not if he were nervous, outside rate or what is, but I did not play well. I understood it when I went to the bank, I realized that was not seeing what happened, thought much about advancing and finalizing the plays. You must think more, look for the most open companion. He was very annoying at the end of the second quarter, I tried to calm and to play slower and everything it improved there. Obvious the offensive contribution was important, but also another fundamental factor was the bounces.

You can comment on the reboteador power of the equipment? Yes, this was something that we have come speaking three or four days in the last. We know that against this equipment it is necessary to fight against players who are strong in the offensive bounces, like Rasheed, Horseradish tree, Tayshaun and by this is necessary to take many bounces and I believe that we were well. I believe that we surpassed them as by 14 bounces and they they are very good in this. I believe that the technical body must be very proud reason why we did.

Compared with which you lived two years ago, you speak of patience. You are a more patient player, with more confidence? Without doubts, my confidence has grown much. Now that thus it does not play well in the beginning, I know that I will be in the field and probably in the last quarter I am going to have the ball in my hands. That is a great difference with respect to the first year, where it left to play, trying to finalize some plays and to fight in defense but now it is different.

Speak of the adjustments that you think to do for the game of Sunday? Good I believe that they will try to play with greater aggressiveness per longer periods of time. We know or both equipment very and its differences, we know that we cannot let play by four or five minutes in an acceptable level because that lapse can be detrimental. I believe that it is going to be a very complicated game for me because I will not have the facility to penetrate, perhaps as happened in the first quarter where I did not find spaces. I do not need to mark 20 points to feel to me well, which matters is to contribute in other aspects.

Your contribution in the last period was fundamental, what you think of that spark that you managed to contribute to your then definitive equipment? There are parts of the game that are very emotional. When I began I felt that all it came out to me well and that was going to manage to write down a definitive triple, the one that I had quarter in the last. These are the NBA Finals, always the first party is fundamental.

CARLOS Arroyo

How you describe the offensive work as your equipment? We made a good work in first half. We must understand that these are the End and that we must maintain the rate of the beginning at the end of the game. We did not manage to control its intensity in second half. Manu played excellent a second part and we must understand that they are a very good equipment and that they like to play in the painting. We must improve.

What happened to the defense in second half? I do not believe that we communicated as well as we do it regularly. We must speak and communicate to us more.

And what happened with the offensive? We failed many baskets that we had to turn. But we are not worried about this. Manu Ginóbili wrote down four points in first half and exploded with 22 in second.

Which was the difference in the defense of the Pistons so that it could write down with greater facility? We cannot allow that one feels comfortable in the field. It must feel uncomfortable and not give spaces him. He is a great player and we must understand that to mark it it will be fundamental so that we win.

WalterBenitez
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
MANU GINÓBILI
CARLOS ARROYO

This is the Spanish translation of the interview published at www.woai.com/spurs, which means ... if you want to listen in english I think it would be better

Kori Ellis
06-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I thought this was the questions asked by the Spanish reporters last night?