PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans, do you think the addition of Chandler was the main difference this year?

lefty
06-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Not the only one of course

But he is by far the best center they have in years, and when healthy, he is a heck of a player
His positive attitude is great too

DirkDoesWork
06-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Absolutely. He's brought a physical presence, toughness and a great positive attitude to a team that really needed all three of those.

Ghazi
06-13-2011, 12:10 AM
obviously..

DAF86
lol Chandler
lol Barea
lol Carlisle
lol Mavfans wrong about them Mavs

dirk4mvp
Of course. The difference between Dampier on the court looking like just wants to take a nap and Chandler's positive energy is night and day.

Shawn turning into Based Marion is up there tho.

lefty
06-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Of course. The difference between Dampier on the court looking like just wants to take a nap and Chandler's positive energy is night and day.

Shawn turning into Based Marion is close.

I thought Marion adjusted to his new role beautifully

Decent D, key hustle plays

mavsfan1000
06-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Barea played much better this year. So did Terry. The whole team had a different confidence. This is one of the few occasions where it didn't seem to matter who was on the court. Everyone played their part.

Sigz
06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Marion played a good series, but his offense is just ugly as hell.

I'm not even talking about his wack shot either....

frodo
06-13-2011, 04:40 AM
nigga's on contract year this year, playing hard all the way through the season & postseason w/ few injuries. mavs definitely gonna re-sign him and he's certainly getting overpaid. just wait & see if he continues to play this good next season, or if he turns out another contract whore like haywood.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Also gotta give credit to Stojakovic. Though he had a terrible matchup in this series. He was key against the Lakers.

CubanSucks
06-13-2011, 05:05 AM
gay serious thread

TJastal
06-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Marion played a good series, but his offense is just ugly as hell.

I'm not even talking about his wack shot either....

It's not that bad, he's got a nice post game with a soft touch around the basket. The set shot may look ugly too, but it goes in enough to be effective.

JamStone
06-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Certainly one of main keys this year.

I also think Barea was a huge difference maker in these playoffs. Carlisle took a huge amount of crap for sticking with JJ, especially over Beabois when he was healthy. But I guess he knew something. I never thought Barea could play that well, that consistently. And I kept waiting for his play to backfire on the Mavs and cost him. There may have been one or two games where his forcing things hurt the team. But his positive play well outsweighed the negatives. He was great. It was shocking how well he would play at times.

ambchang
06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Chandler was key because he complimented Dirk perfectly on the defensive end. Chandler is quick enough to guard PFs, and strong enough to guard Cs. This gives Dirk the luxury of guarding the weaker of the two spots against the opposition, and there aren't too many teams that have two bigs that require a top-notch defender on them.

Chandler is also mobile enough to cover a lot of area on defense, and allowing the perimeter players to gamble more. He could help out and rebound, and essentially changed the way the Mavs can play defense.

Didn't think the Mavs had enough to win the championship, but was obviously wrong. The Mavs played amazingly throughout the playoffs, and Dirk was simply phenomenal.

Venti Quattro
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Chandler was everything that Dampier never was in 2006.

LOL 2nd best center

mariners
06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Definitely, also Haywood had some nice moments in the LA series