PDA

View Full Version : Do we repeat next year?

Muse
06-13-2011, 02:27 AM
If the mavs somehow doing a s&t for dwill and hang on to chandler do we repeat?

Ghazi
06-13-2011, 02:29 AM
:p:

Blouses
06-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Dirk
Deron
Dwight

...its fucking happening

John Basedow
06-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Christ, just enjoy this one.

If there's no lockout, I give them a slim chance.
If there is a lockout, then I give them no chance in 2013 w/o a big FA splash. Their core is getting old, but it was good to see them beat the clock.

Just enjoy this. One of the most improbable runs ever and the quality of teams they beat is astounding. It will never get better than this moment, just know that.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2011, 02:44 AM

If there is a lockout, then I give them no chance in 2013 w/o a big FA splash. Their core is getting old, but it was good to see them beat the clock.

Just enjoy this. One of the most improbable runs ever and the quality of teams they beat is astounding. It will never get better than this moment, just know that.
This

pass1st
06-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Depends more on the competition than the Mavs themselves. OKC and Bulls are full of potential and if the Heat don't get blown up they can only get better.

Enjoy this one, talk about repeats after the next AS game.

badfish22
06-13-2011, 03:02 AM

Frenzy
06-13-2011, 03:13 AM
The first is always the best tbh

Ice009
06-13-2011, 03:22 AM

Actually, Pop said the same thing after the 2007 Championship that he is really going to enjoy it. I think he enjoyed it a little too much as they didn't improve the team for the following season.

You gotta make sure you do everything u can to improve the team if you want to repeat. I didn't agree with Pop's strategy then and still don't about bringing back the same team. I thought we were going to bring Scola over and reload, but the Spurs sat on their hands while the Lakers and Celtics made the moves to give themselves a better chance to put them over the top.

IMO it's never too early to start looking at next season because the NBA is so tough that if you don't get to work right away you might not stay on top for too long.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Well we get Butler back next year but I got a feeling we need another guard.

endrity
06-13-2011, 04:00 AM
They have one more run in them. But Butler's gotta be healthy, and they have to manage Kidd's minutes a lot more, as well as Dirk and Terry a bit.

Let no one forget that this team was steamrolling through the league with Butler healthy. And they also had about as tough a road as you could ask for to get the title, and they did pretty well. So the quality is undeniable.

Will they have the mentality to get after it again? Dirk and the rest of the veterans have to set a tone early in training camp to get everyone after it.

And if French Allah gives us anything....

Ice009
06-13-2011, 04:12 AM
I think you're going to need Butler and maybe another piece or so to repeat.

When you look at the Lakers and Spurs we controlled a lot of games from start to finish. These playoffs Dallas had some amazing comebacks. Not sure you can keep doing these crazy comebacks like you did during this playoff run. Maybe you can, maybe Dallas is that good in crunch time, but IMO you want to look at improving the team so you can consistently be in control of the games most of the way and still close it out like you did these playoffs. Not a bad problem to have though.

Is it a given that Butler is definitely coming back? Is he still under contract next season or does it expire this season?

endrity
06-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Butler and hopefully Beaubois is that other piece. Maybe they have another trade or signing in them.

That Marion MLE contract looks genius right now.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
06-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Well, as things stand now, Mavs will be the favorites in the west next season. The rest of the pack is closely bunched and not far behind. Only a few teams have repeated in recent times. Working backwards; Lakers twice, Bulls, Rockets, Bulls, Pistons, Lakers. Those teams won in bunches. the Spurs didn't repeat but still won 4. Everyone else, but once. (Celtics, Heat, Pistons). The old adage applies; make history, or be history. Also, now everyone wants to beat the Mavs, something I am sure you will enjoy hearing for the first time.

frodo
06-13-2011, 05:33 AM
I think you're going to need Butler and maybe another piece or so to repeat.

When you look at the Lakers and Spurs we controlled a lot of games from start to finish. These playoffs Dallas had some amazing comebacks. Not sure you can keep doing these crazy comebacks like you did during this playoff run. Maybe you can, maybe Dallas is that good in crunch time, but IMO you want to look at improving the team so you can consistently be in control of the games most of the way and still close it out like you did these playoffs. Not a bad problem to have though.

Is it a given that Butler is definitely coming back? Is he still under contract next season or does it expire this season?

butler is an expiring contract but i believe they will re-sign him to a mid-level contract rather than let him go free. cuban has a mount of money to spend, after winning da championship this year its almost certain that he'll continue to spend, unless the lockout or hardcap or shit actually happens.

frodo
06-13-2011, 05:42 AM
they only concern is after winning their rings this season dem old nigs might possibly start to loosen their nerves and suck, maybe we need to insert another ringless vet into our squad like steve nash for example. da vet would be so desperate for a ring he would play 200% hard like dirk/Kidd/JET did this past season, and keep the team's passion high like finley's impact on the spurs

Ice009
06-13-2011, 06:23 AM
they only concern is after winning their rings this season dem old nigs might possibly start to loosen their nerves and suck, maybe we need to insert another ringless vet into our squad like steve nash for example. da vet would be so desperate for a ring he would play 200% hard like dirk/Kidd/JET did this past season, and keep the team's passion high like finley's impact on the spurs

I'd love to see Nash win a ring, but his lack of defense is the problem. Even if you could get him not sure how well he'd fit in because of his lack of defense. Dallas does not need players that can't defend.

If you can get Butler for a mid level type contract then he is definitely worth resigning, even if you have to overspend I would still sign him as you could use him in a trade later on if he doesn't fit it. He seemed like he was becoming a team player though so I'd say he wouldn't ask for much more would he? I guess it all depends on the CBA though.

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2011, 06:47 AM
3 of their players that were part of the 8man rotation in the regular season were out injured for the playoffs...

butler, haywood, bb

mind you these guys were on pace to win 65+ games if dirk didnt pull a injury, i think most of there losses come from dirk missing games then with a full team...

i doubt they have the pieces to pry either howard or deron, mind those 2 teams would look for something in return then shredding salary....

TheManFromAcme
06-13-2011, 06:49 AM
no repeat for this team

enjoy the win

endrity
06-13-2011, 07:02 AM
3 of their players that were part of the 8man rotation in the regular season were out injured for the playoffs...

butler, haywood, bb

mind you these guys were on pace to win 65+ games if dirk didnt pull a injury, i think most of there losses come from dirk missing games then with a full team...

i doubt they have the pieces to pry either howard or deron, mind those 2 teams would look for something in return then shredding salary....

that's exactly what I tried to say earlier. This is a team that had massive talent, but due to the injuries made it seem like they were an average team. They're not. The talent is there. But as Mono/freddo says, it depends on whether the vets on the team have the will to go through it again.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 07:12 AM
that's exactly what I tried to say earlier. This is a team that had massive talent, but due to the injuries made it seem like they were an average team. They're not. The talent is there. But as Mono/freddo says, it depends on whether the vets on the team have the will to go through it again.

If Dirk's game 6 performance is any indication going forward, I'm a bit worried. I don't know if he was gassed or intimidated but that was an awful shooting display mavs are lucky other guys stepped up.

Axe Murderer
06-13-2011, 04:55 PM
i really don't give a shit if we turn into the bad news bears and average 11 wins a season for the next 20 years.

1 ring is all I wanted. Unless you're the Lakers or Celtics, you can't take for granted any championship

ohmwrecker
06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Enjoy this championship, Mavfan. It's hard to ring and 10x harder to repeat. Congrats, btw.

But, to answer the question, I doubt very seriously that the Mavs repeat. The odds are heavily stacked against it.

TimmehC
06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Y'all staaaaaacccccckkkkkkkkkked.

florige
06-13-2011, 05:10 PM
If Dirk's game 6 performance is any indication going forward, I'm a bit worried. I don't know if he was gassed or intimidated but that was an awful shooting display mavs are lucky other guys stepped up.

That was only one bad half for pretty much the whole playoffs. He was due for a stinker. I wouldn't worry at all about that because he started heating up again in the 4th when it mattered. I highly doubt Dirk was intimidated.

Jacob1983
06-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Who the fuck cares? Honestly, who cares? The Mavs have a damn championship now. Yep, that's right. They have a championship. Like Dirk said, no one can ever take it away. :toast