PDA

View Full Version : I have much more respect for Kobe after this!

endrity
06-13-2011, 03:56 AM
I have never been a Kobe fan, though admitting his unquestioned greatness. But I will accept that I often thought the criticism he gets is fair. But after watching Wade and especially LBJ during these finals two things stand out in comparison to Kobe:

1) Their arrogance. Now Kobe is arrogant as shit, but it's more self-belief and confidence. The kind of stuff you see a lot from Dirk lately as well. It's a kind of "I got it" attitude. Other than that you never hear from Kobe off the court. From the Miami guys it's more like self-entitlement, believing they own the world and people should lay a red carpet whenever they walk. From The Decision to the Heatles, Wade verbally abusing the refs anytime he wanted to mocking Dirk's illness, it really makes you wonder whether these guys believe the world is at their feet.

2) Kobe's work ethic. For a moment there in the ECF I thought LeBron had started to improve his technique like Kobe, but the Finals shattered that belief. To see how well refined Kobe's moves, footwork and pretty much his game are, makes you appreciate how hard he works. You certainly don't get that from LeBron, but with Wade approaching 30 you'd think his outside shot should be a bit better now as well.

Let me know what you guys think. But don't turn it into a Kobe-wankfest.

NewJerSpur
06-13-2011, 04:04 AM
The arrogance and self-entitlement of Bron Bron seemed to rub off on Wade as the season went on.....it's like he brought the plague of immaturity he spread in Cleveland down to Miami along with his "talents". Hopefully Wade steps back, evaluates himself/his attitude in the offseason and shakes all of that lest the Heat become the circus the Cavs were for some many years upon James' arrival.

Sidenote, on with the Kobe analysis.....

endrity
06-13-2011, 04:08 AM
The arrogance and self-entitlement of Bron Bron seemed to rub off on Wade as the season went on.....it's like he brought the plague of immaturity he spread in Cleveland down to Miami along with his "talents". Hopefully Wade steps back, evaluates himself/his attitude in the offseason and shakes all of that lest the Heat become the circus the Cavs were for some many years upon James' arrival.

Sidenote, on with the Kobe analysis.....

I might be biased here, because since 2006 I always hated Wade, but it seemed to me like he always had a lot of diva in him as well. One thing I won't deny though is that he plays like a man possessed, he really lays it all on the floor.

NewJerSpur
06-13-2011, 04:15 AM
I might be biased here, because since 2006 I always hated Wade, but it seemed to me like he always had a lot of diva in him as well. One thing I won't deny though is that he plays like a man possessed, he really lays it all on the floor.

Definitely had an air of confidence that could put him into the diva category at times in the past, but some of the antics he's displayed since "The Decision" have taken it elsewhere. But as you stated, there's NO QUIT in dude, whether he has it on any given night or not and he won't allow much to stand in his way.

Venti Quattro
06-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Bron and Wade don't shoot their team out of the game like Kobe does though

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2011, 06:43 AM
watchin the series, the mavs were allowing lebron space and daring him to shoot, but he chucks up uncontested 3s or passing it off to rack up stupid assist columns, when in parts of the game where they need him to score, he doesnt score...

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Bron and Wade don't shoot their team out of the game like Kobe does though

it's called emptying your clip, or going out fighting....I'm sure none of your boys would be caught alive in a foxhole with you....:lol

Had Lebron and Wade did the very thing you mock they might still be playing...:lol

LkrFan
06-13-2011, 07:08 AM
it's called emptying your clip, or going out fighting....I'm sure none of your boys would be caught alive in a foxhole with you....:lol

Had Lebron and Wade did the very thing you mock they might still be playing...:lol

Be easy on him. English is his 2nd language & he is a pendejo.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 07:23 AM
I have never been a Kobe fan, though admitting his unquestioned greatness. But I will accept that I often thought the criticism he gets is fair. But after watching Wade and especially LBJ during these finals two things stand out in comparison to Kobe:

1) Their arrogance. Now Kobe is arrogant as shit, but it's more self-belief and confidence. The kind of stuff you see a lot from Dirk lately as well. It's a kind of "I got it" attitude. Other than that you never hear from Kobe off the court. From the Miami guys it's more like self-entitlement, believing they own the world and people should lay a red carpet whenever they walk. From The Decision to the Heatles, Wade verbally abusing the refs anytime he wanted to mocking Dirk's illness, it really makes you wonder whether these guys believe the world is at their feet.

2) Kobe's work ethic. For a moment there in the ECF I thought LeBron had started to improve his technique like Kobe, but the Finals shattered that belief. To see how well refined Kobe's moves, footwork and pretty much his game are, makes you appreciate how hard he works. You certainly don't get that from LeBron, but with Wade approaching 30 you'd think his outside shot should be a bit better now as well.

Let me know what you guys think. But don't turn it into a Kobe-wankfest.

Lebron and Wade may have acted like wankers for much of the year but at least they aren't dirty players. Kobe & his crew of perennial crybabies (Odom, Fisher, Artest, Bynum) sully the game much more with their dirty cheap shots. And who can forget the raging roid-freak Fisher & his temper tantrums over the years, knocking down Scola and now this year Bynum letting it all hang out while getting punked by JJ Barea. Lebron and Wade may have acted immature all year long but it really pales in comparison with the despicable actions and conduct the lakers display year in year out.

ElNono
06-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Wade and Bron are arrogant indeed... Dirk is definitely at the other end of the spectrum in that department. Now Kobe, he crossed the line when he rapedPERIOD and snitchedPERIOD.

Leetonidas
06-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Lebron and Wade may have acted like wankers for much of the year but at least they aren't dirty players. Kobe & his crew of perennial crybabies (Odom, Fisher, Artest, Bynum) sully the game much more with their dirty cheap shots. And who can forget the raging roid-freak Fisher & his temper tantrums over the years, knocking down Scola and now this year Bynum letting it all hang out while getting punked by JJ Barea. Lebron and Wade may have acted immature all year long but it really pales in comparison with the despicable actions and conduct the lakers display year in year out.

Bah, it's a man's game. I have no problem with them steppin to each other on the court. Bynum elbowing Barea was a pussy bitch move but it's certainly better than Wade/James mocking Dirk's cough and then fucking lying about it. To me, if players got beef they need to man up and settle it on the court instead of being shit talking pussies in the media.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Bah, it's a man's game. I have no problem with them steppin to each other on the court. Bynum elbowing Barea was a pussy bitch move but it's certainly better than Wade/James mocking Dirk's cough and then fucking lying about it. To me, if players got beef they need to man up and settle it on the court instead of being shit talking pussies in the media.

So what about Terry, Stevenson? They talked shit off the court too. So are they shit talking pussies too... Or are you only a shit talking pussy if you talk shit and don't back it up? :lol

Sooner or later, a guy is going to have his career ended because of a cheap shot like the one Bynum did on Barea.

We'll see how you feel about it then, especially if its a spur player.

cheguevara
06-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Kobe was never nowhere near as mentally weak as Lebum. Lebum is nothing more than a pre-Celtics Garnett or a Karl Malone.