PDA

View Full Version : Dwight will not sign extension

Riddler
06-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Dwight Howard (http://spurstalk.com/topic/sports/basketball/dwight-howard-PESPT008416.topic) continues to say his preference is to remain with the Orlando Magic for the long haul, but on Monday, he reiterated that he has no plans to sign the contract extension the team has offered him and said he plans to become a free agent in the summer of 2012.

During a stop in Treviso, Italy (http://spurstalk.com/topic/intl/italy-PLGEO000004.topic), during his adidas promotional tour of Europe, Howard told an NBA.com reporter what he's been saying for a week now: that he's told the team's owners that the Magic need to upgrade their roster.

According to NBA.com, Howard said: "I just told them, 'We've got to have guys who are going to play hard 48 minutes and who are going to battle the other team, who are going to fight night-in and night-out for a championship.' "

Howard's contract with the Magic runs through the 2012-13 season, but he can terminate the deal one year early and become a free agent in July 2012.

http://ht.ly/5gCwJ

dbreiden83080
06-13-2011, 12:47 PM
So does he wanna be a Knick or join Kobe and his ailing knees in LA?

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2011, 12:55 PM
might not be a 12 season...should just pick up his option to get paid and play one more season and see out the following season FA

NewJerSpur
06-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Code for: "Get Jameer out, get CP3 in."

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 01:04 AM
I'd like to know what the hell the Magic are going to give the Hornets to get CP3, unless he's wants out and they're willing to compromise...

NewJerSpur
06-14-2011, 01:09 AM
I'd like to know what the hell the Magic are going to give the Hornets to get CP3, unless he's wants out and they're willing to compromise...

Whatever the Hornets want outside of Howard, including draft picks. Got to sellout....if they trade Howard because they can't get him help Otis admits he's failed at his job and likely won't be around for the rebuild.

ElNono
06-14-2011, 01:09 AM
I bet he's signing with the Spurs! :lobt2:

N:lolA = F:lolcked

NewJerSpur
06-14-2011, 01:12 AM
I bet he's signing with the Spurs! :lobt2:

N:lolA = F:lolcked

Wish the Spurs had that kind of coin and cache (marketability) Nono, but we'll be good......Ryan Richards is on the way. :hat

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Whatever the Hornets want outside of Howard, including draft picks. Got to sellout....if they trade Howard because they can't get him help Otis admits he's failed at his job and likely won't be around for the rebuild.

I agree that Magic will be willing to give up anything outside of DH, but would the Hornets want any of it? I love Agent Zero, but he looks like he's done. J-Rich is getting older, Turkoglu looked shitty this year and I've never really thought much of Jameer Nelson. Who else? Maybe Daniel Orton and Brandon Bass, because of Orton's potential and Bass being a pretty good player.

If New Orleans trades CP3, I'm pretty sure that entire franchise has given up.

Blouses
06-14-2011, 01:16 AM

LMAO Dirk and JET in the muthafcukin flip-flops

Game, Casualness.

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 01:18 AM
LMAO Dirk and JET in the muthafcukin flip-flops

Game, Casualness.

That's why I put it in my sig

ElNono
06-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Wish the Spurs had that kind of coin and cache (marketability) Nono, but we'll be good......Ryan Richards is on the way. :hat

N:lolA = F:lolcked either way! :flag:

mariners
06-14-2011, 01:22 AM
good chance Orlando can franchise him after this year

NewJerSpur
06-14-2011, 01:41 AM
I agree that Magic will be willing to give up anything outside of DH, but would the Hornets want any of it? I love Agent Zero, but he looks like he's done. J-Rich is getting older, Turkoglu looked shitty this year and I've never really thought much of Jameer Nelson. Who else? Maybe Daniel Orton and Brandon Bass, because of Orton's potential and Bass being a pretty good player.

If New Orleans trades CP3, I'm pretty sure that entire franchise has given up.

Agree that Agent Zero and Turk's stock has all but plummeted to rock-bottom status. Richardson is getting older, but he's still a quality wing who can put up numbers though the athleticism is leaving him. Package him, Reddick (an upgrade over Bellinelli), Jameer and Bass (if necessary) or draft picks for CP3 and a throw-in.

N:lolA = F:lolcked either way! :flag:

:hat:lobt2:

good chance Orlando can franchise him after this year

I've heard talks about the tag the NFL uses being added to the new CBA. Do you think it will pass? And if so, would it be something administered immediately or would it take a few years to work in?

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
I think it will be administered immediately. The small-city teams will push this hard, IMO. These guys don't want to lose their "homegrown" superstars. Guys like Duncan and Durant don't come along often. Most of these guys want to bolt for the big city.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Is he gonna take his talents to South Beach?

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/854/374/110041643_display_image.jpg?1302614168

"I'm gonna take my talents to the Big Apple, and join the New Yahk Knicks"

NewJerSpur
06-14-2011, 01:54 AM
I think it will be administered immediately. The small-city teams will push this hard, IMO. These guys don't want to lose their "homegrown" superstars. Guys like Duncan and Durant don't come along often. Most of these guys want to bolt for the big city.

Yeah, I was shocked that Durant signed the extension so early in his career.

With regard to the instatement of the Tag, definitely got to think the smaller market owners will be pushing for it to happen sooner or later if it does go through, especially with everything that happened the past offseason/season (LeBron, Melo) and with Shaq in Orlando 15 years ago.

Be interesting to see/hear where the players stand on the subject.

4>0rings
06-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Just like Tim and Manu, Dwight wants to experience the free agent ordeal. He will sign with the Magic, but he wants teams to beg and plead, throw private planes, dinners, night life activities, and everything else that goes along with bribing a player to come to your team.

frodo
06-14-2011, 03:00 AM
nigga should ask shaq for some advice imho, dem nigs be friends i think.

BRHornet45
06-14-2011, 03:40 AM
selfish ass nig***

Frenzy
06-14-2011, 08:19 AM
He's going to new York or Chicago. He would love the weather up there compared to Orlando.

dunkman
06-14-2011, 08:37 AM
KG wasted many prime years in Minny. Another example is T-Mac with the Magic, Shaq's career went up when he joined the Lakers, but I'm not sure if the Lakers can give him the best shot to win championships. Kobe's still playing strong, he's already 33 though.

Howard made the finals once. Since then the East has become much better and the Magic don't have much chances. He doesn't have enough help and it's not clear how could the Magic add another prime super star.

It will be interesting what happens.

Agloco
06-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Trade to LA coming in 5,4,3,2,1........

djohn2oo8
06-14-2011, 09:08 AM
selfish ass nig***

Epic meltdown from you if CP3 is traded

it's me
06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Miami needs a superstar..... he'll probably sign with the Heat to win multiple championships.

Ace
06-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Is he gonna take his talents to South Beach?

Bosh or LeBron for Howard... :wakeup

mariners
06-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Bosh and LeBron for Howard... :wakeup
fixed