lefty
06-13-2011, 09:15 PM
PES:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBaUNZzouI&feature=player_embedded

FIFA:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-30-fifa-12-preview

Sense
06-14-2011, 02:22 AM
I've played both for 2011.. and I have to say I like FIFA more, because the teams aren't fucked up...

When I played PES I was like, wtf is this shit? So I stopped playing..

diego
06-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I still play pes 3/winning 6-7 (2001-2002), not for lack of computing power or budget, its just that the new ones have gone too far. I dont want a game that plays like a physics simulator and nothing happens the same way twice; I want a game where I have control over my team. The new versions feel sluggish and overly complicated, the new rosters are not worth the crappy gameplay. My friends and I mostly play with the classic teams anyways, and several of our own master league teams.

the Konami series has always felt better to me in terms of team strategy, being able to defend effectively, and a much more refined passing and shooting mechanic, but I hear from a lot of people that the FIFA series has improved a lot the past couple years, cant say personally though

MannyIsGod
06-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I play PES all the time. Still love it.

diego
06-14-2011, 10:36 PM
yeah, Ive been playing it for like 12 years, since the first winning eleven titles for PSX. When I went to the US (2001-2004) I learned to mod a PS2 just so I could play winning (a couple months later it came out on PC and the US PS2 version WE 6 international, :lol).
Still, the PS2 versions are better than PC, it was the lead platform and it had a solid 60fps that made it the best system for local multiplayer (ie fighting games and sports).
There are thousands of mods for it too, you can get just about any team/league that ever existed (thought the quality of the mods is definitely hit or miss). Now that I think of it i've never actually played a match on a ps3 modern version, only a few PC releases which I didnt like at all.

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
the only reason some hate pes, is because they dont have the rights to the teams logos and names bs...thats why you have to self edit or dl the edit packages

resistanze
06-15-2011, 07:34 AM
I've played both for 2011.. and I have to say I like FIFA more, because the teams aren't fucked up...

When I played PES I was like, wtf is this shit? So I stopped playing..

One thing I like about the PC version. Custom packs that give you all the new jerseys and recent transfers. You even import custom commentators and ESPN/itv/BBC/EPL/Li Liga scoreboard themes for the game.

I played three games last night, still love it. I'd wreck Manny but I'm too settled in my PC version. Maybe PES 2012.

lefty
06-15-2011, 08:24 AM
The PES patches are also available for PS3, right?

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 08:25 AM
You get those same packs on PS3. They take longer to copy over but they are there.

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 08:26 AM
I have an MLS patch right now. Its pretty damn sweet.

lefty
06-15-2011, 08:55 AM
You get those same packs on PS3. They take longer to copy over but they are there.
Yeah I just saw your post about it in the PES11/FIFA11 thread
I'm not a very patient guy, but I'll make an effort, since Arsenal sounds better than North London :lol

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah - I can't play with the fake player names and with the fake team names. Drives me nuts.

lefty
06-15-2011, 09:22 AM
By the way, I'm still playing FIFA 09 and FIFA WC 2010 :lol

resistanze
06-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah I wasn'teven thinking about the PS3 version, they do indeed have custom option file and such. The XBOX 360 version was the weakest, imho.

lefty
06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah I wasn'teven thinking about the PS3 version, they do indeed have custom option file and such. The XBOX 360 version was the weakest, imho.
Once again, PS3 shits on XBOX

resistanze
06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Once again, PS3 shits on XBOX

Unfortunately PS3 also shits on your credit cards. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 04:15 PM
:lmao

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 04:15 PM
I will be giving FIFA a shot this time around just because so many more people seem to play it.

lefty
06-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately PS3 also shits on your credit cards. :lol

:lol

But i've never enteres my CC info

lefty
06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I will be giving FIFA a shot this time around just because so many more people seem to play it.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Muser
06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
FIFA 11 was by far the better of the two IMO.

symple19
06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
FIFA 11 was by far the better of the two IMO.

I agree.

Also, FIFA 12 for PC will finally have the same features/engine as the platform versions.

Fuck yeah! http://easf.www.easports.com/uk/football/news/fifa12-pc-02

lefty
06-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Our man at E3 sends us his quick impressions of PES 2012!
Kitana Media’s new acquisition Asim Tanvir has played the most recent build of PES 2012 at E3, and below you can read his impressions!

Goalkeepers
Often the difference between a good football game and bad one, you’ll be glad to know that the shot stoppers in the E3 build of PES 2012 are rather good.
During my time with the game, which consisted of six matches (set at 10 minutes), I only encountered one genuine mistake. Now, I don’t know about you, but I think that is an impressive ratio for a football game that is still in development.
If you were to compare the goalkeepers in the E3 builds of PES 2011 and PES 2012, the latter would be vastly superior in every single aspect. That includes animations (more on those later), realism and reliability.
For instance, in my second match (I was playing as Spain), Iker Casillas made a superb double save which you would struggle to come across in the retail version of PES 2011 let alone the E3 build. The fact that he reacted so promptly to the rebound after his first save, is what made the entire scenario so impressive. The Spaniard didn’t get up and then stand around like a zombie admiring Pique’s beard for a couple of seconds; he got up as soon as realistically possible and made the second save.
One area where the virtual shop stoppers could use a little work is one-on-ones, but that is just me nitpicking. Standout moments like the one mentioned above combined with the general reliability, even at this early stage, provide enough evidence to suggest that the goalkeepers in PES 2012 could be the best in the series to date.
Passing and Shooting
The passing and shooting systems in PES 2012 are pretty much exactly the same as PES 2011. However, there are a couple of new additions which influence these particular facets of the game ever so slightly. Thankfully, both additions have a positive effect.
First up, you have the tweaked ball physics which provide a much more realistic feel to the overall passing and shooting. It’s extremely hard to describe the exact effect, but don’t be surprised to see the ball occasionally bobble across the turf after a poorly hit pass or shot.
Secondly, in a move that is sure to delight the hardcore football gamers, Konami have finally included an option which allows players to adjust the level of support they get with their passes. The option, known as Pass Support, throws five different settings at your disposal. By default the Pass Support settings are set to three bars, meaning you have some control over the weight, direction and speed of your passes. If you want full control over everything, you just need to adjust the settings accordingly.
The fully manual passing system takes a while to get used to as you’d expect, but if you can get to grips with its intricacies, you can really pull off some wonderful passing moves. Think of it like getting used to the new passing system back in PES 2011 and you’ll get some idea of the learning curve.
Unfortunately, the fully manual settings have only found their way to the passing system at the moment and do not apply to the shooting system is PES 2012. With a while to go until the game is released, there is a possibility that Konami could announce fully manual shooting at a later date, but it is more than likely that particular feature will not make the cut in PES 2012.
Set Pieces
Good news, the penalty system in PES 2012 is nothing like the one in PES 2011. Gone is the system that only Einstein could understand and back is the more traditional penalty system seen in PES games of the past. It might not be the best penalty system ever, but it works well and is dead easy to get to grips with.
Right, with that out of the way, let’s move onto the best new feature in PES 2012. I am, of course, referring to off the ball control during free kicks, corner kicks, goal kicks and throw-ins. It’s a feature which you will forget to use during your first few matches in PES 2012, but when you eventually do, you will wonder how you did without it.
Just received a free kick in a dangerous area on the wing and want to knock the ball into your star striker so he can try and score?! Flick the right stick in the direction of your star striker’s position and he will be highlighted. You can then move him around to a position you like, press the cross button and whip the ball in. He might not score, but you have certainly given him a better opportunity to do so. It’s incredible, it really is. It’s also very intuitive and easy to understand, meaning players of all skill levels can give it a go.
During my time with the game, I actually managed to use this new feature to score a goal via a corner kick. It felt genuinely rewarding and satisfying, just like scoring a goal should. It was all my work; I didn’t need to rely on anything or anyone else.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Even the most ardent PES fan would admit that player AI in PES 2011 wasn’t perfect. For every great moment, there was almost always a silly one on the horizon to counter it. Well, it seems like Konami have taken on board the feedback in regards to AI and, I must say, the results are very impressive.
First of all, AI players on your team will now actively make realistic overlapping runs. Think Patrice Evra for Manchester United or Dani Alves for Barcelona and you’ll get what I mean. In fact, I played as Barcelona and just as he does in real life, Dani Alves was bombing forward at every single opportunity. Not just like a headless chicken either, the runs he was making were intelligent and, more importantly, realistic. You know that long ball Xavi and Iniesta love to play to Dani Alves, it’s possible to replicate that in PES 2012 (if you’re good enough) with a stunning degree of accuracy.
The intelligent running doesn’t just apply to the full-backs either; it applies to pretty much every single attack minded player on your team. Midfielders will make dummy runs to create space and they won’t just run in straight lines either. They will make intelligent diagonal runs as well, something which was very rarely seen in PES 2011. Of course, it’s up to you to decide how you want to utilise these runs and which player you want to pass to. Do you let a dummy run be just that or do you pull a fast one and try to get that player through for a scoring opportunity? The decision is yours, but the fact that you have all these options at your disposal is just mind boggling.
Konami have also paid some attention the defensive AI in PES 2012 as well. The defensive AI in PES 2011 was quite good, but at times players has the tendency to bunch up which hurt the overall gameplay and, well, didn’t reflect the overall realistic nature of the game very well. Those days have now gone, as defenders and (to a certain extent), midfielders perform their non-attacking duties with a high level of realism.
For instance, if you have a 4-4-2 formation, your team (depending on your strategy/tactics) will consist of two banks of four and the defensive movement of the players (defenders and midfielders) will be much more realistic when compared to PES 2011. Defenders won’t just follow and track one player, if they sense danger in a nearby area they will swoop in to try and cover. It’s all very subtle, but changes/improvements to the AI like this will only help enhance the overall quality of the gameplay.
Visuals
Much like its predecessor, PES 2012 looks great; even at this early stage. Player likenesses are even better than before, kit detail has been upped a level and, most noticeably, the lighting is vastly superior to PES 2011. Oh and square nets are in too, but you knew that already, right?!
Animations have also received some attention, quite a few new ones have been added and the majority of the older ones have been tweaked for added fluidity and realism. These improvements in the animation department shine ever so brightly during gameplay as you glide across the pitch with Messi like a graceful ballerina. Not that Messi is a ballerina, of course!
Finally, PES 2012 might not have a super slick looking collision system underneath its hood, but it doesn’t really need one. This might sound a little crazy, but it has its own little system and it uses it rather well from what I have seen so far. There’s no over the top coming together of players, instead everything just looks natural. Players “bounce” off each other quite realistically, falling or stumbling to the turf without much fuss. It’s not flashy, it’s just simple and, you know what, it works really well.
Verdict…so far
The foundations for a truly great football game were laid down by Konami with PES 2011. The next game in the series just needed to build on those foundations by adding a few key gameplay elements. From what I have seen so far, if PES 2012 continues to improve at its current rate, there’s a strong possibility we could be graced with the best PES game to date.
So there you have it!
Watch out for a more indepth preview from WENB later today, as well as a quite epic podcast from myself and Suffwan early hours.

resistanze
07-09-2011, 10:58 AM
tbh I played FIFA 11 at a BBQ last week and I actually came home and fired up my copy. Although I like the offensive flow in PES more, FIFA does many things better than PES (presentation, defense, refereeing, commentating). I'll have to look into FIFA 12 as well.

jag
07-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd buy FIFA 12 but I can't stand how you can't edit player ratings. Last FIFA I bought was 10 and FIFA WC 2010.

MannyIsGod
07-09-2011, 07:21 PM
When is the FIFA release date? I've been playing a lot of PES again lately and sometimes the stupid AI really gets to me. To have one of my players just sit and watch a ball go out of bounds drives me nuts.

Also, FIFA will include all MLS teams now so thats a bit plus for me.

resistanze
07-09-2011, 09:00 PM
FIFA 12 should be out Sept 27.

The AI in PES 11 does many idiotic things:

- chasing an airborne ball heading out-of-bounds and touching it for no god damned reason
- When you tackle a player, his body might just lie in front of you as a barrier until he resumes possession (you can hop over people easily in FIFA 11)
- pinpoint clearances that land on the feet of the forward at midfield

I hope both games really bring it this year.

MannyIsGod
07-09-2011, 10:26 PM
LOL when the AI runs at a ball with no one around that is about to go out of bounds and then their first touch sends it flying over the line I feel like punching a baby. Its so bad.

Master League is still the best feature around though. If FIFA doesn't match that then I may still go with PES.

resistanze
07-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah Master League is still top notch.

I also lol @ PES whenever you've sprung the offsides trap and the slow ass defenders suddenly start sprinting like Usain Bolt. There's no God damn way you can change directions and catch up to the forward in 3 seconds. Again, in FIFA 11 once you're in, you're in.

resistanze
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM

- chasing an airborne ball heading out-of-bounds and touching it for no god damned reason
- When you tackle a player, his body might just lie in front of you as a barrier until he resumes possession (you can hop over people easily in FIFA 11)

Been playing FIFA 11 for a while, and it had many flaws, just like PES 11 that makes you want to bash your head in.

-Defensive animations are much better, but just like PES11 (especially the CPU), defense just relies and crashing into the offensive playing at full speed.
-90% of deflections off the CPU always ends up right in the CPU's lap. Same with tackling, whenever you tackle the CPU the ball gets essentially passed to the near CPU player.
-Advantage play is there but damn does it need work. When the CPU gets advantage they can make several plays then after like 10 seconds, trip over the ball and they'll stick get play called back

lefty
08-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Been playing FIFA 11 for a while, and it had many flaws, just like PES 11 that makes you want to bash your head in.

-Defensive animations are much better, but just like PES11 (especially the CPU), defense just relies and crashing into the offensive playing at full speed.
-90% of deflections off the CPU always ends up right in the CPU's lap. Same with tackling, whenever you tackle the CPU the ball gets essentially passed to the near CPU player.
-Advantage play is there but damn does it need work. When the CPU gets advantage they can make several plays then after like 10 seconds, trip over the ball and they'll stick get play called back
There is something "robotic" about FIFA that I don'T like

Bob Bradley
08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
After playing the shit out of PES 11 online ML, I bought FIFA 11 a few months ago and it's great online. That is, if you don't mind playing Real Madrid 90% of the time.

I can't believe PES 12 is coming out in North America first before Europe. I'll probably get that and wait for the Euro 2012 version of FIFA.

lefty
08-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Hands-On Preview (http://www.gameplaypress.com/pc/70131-pro-evolution-soccer-2012-hands-on-preview.html)

Thursday, August 11, 2011
http://www.gameplaypress.com/templates/ja_sanidine/images/emailButton.png (http://www.gameplaypress.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nYW1lcGxheXByZXNzLmNvbS9wYy83M DEzMS1wcm8tZXZvbHV0aW9uLXNvY2Nlci0yMDEyLWhhbmRzLW9 uLXByZXZpZXcuaHRtbA%3D%3D) http://www.gameplaypress.com/images/M_images/printButton.png (http://www.gameplaypress.com/pc/70131-pro-evolution-soccer-2012-hands-on-preview.html?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=)

We find out how PES 12's new AI improvements and off-the-ball controls feel out on the pitch.
At this year's E3, Konami unveiled Pro Evolution Soccer 2012's new feature set, promising--among other things--improved animation, AI updates for more realistic player positioning, and tighter, more accurate controls. Last year saw PES catching up with its archrival FIFA, but not surpassing it--at least in terms of critical reception. Is this year's string of updates enough to see PES to glory, or is it destined for a humiliating relegation?
[ Watch Video ] (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/news/6328476/pro-evolution-soccer-2012-hands-on-preview)

Comment on this video (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/video/6323629?tag=embedded_video#generic_comments)
Watch this video in High Def (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/video/6323629?hd=1)

Before you jump into a match, PES asks you to create a player that you can make as realistic, or as horrifying you like. There are lots of customisation options, ranging from your player's body and facial characteristics, through to his kit colour and poses. Such is the wealth of options that it's all too easy to create some horrific looking players. There's a simple pleasure to be found in seeing a big-eared guy with a perm, blue goatee, and a bright pink strip run around the pitch, though, even if your opponents might not agree. On the more serious side of things, you also have the option of adjusting the level of pass support, i.e. the degree to which passes automatically home onto receiving players. This is a welcome addition, particularly given how tricky the new passing system in PES 11 was. Tweaking extends to the AI too, so you can specify if it should automatically pass, shoot, or clear the ball when you're not in direct control.
Customisation done, you move onto Training Challenge; a mode that carries over from PES 11 with a few tweaks. There are trophies awarded for each training challenge you complete--bronze, silver, or gold--depending on your performance. For example, one challenge has you taking penalties, with the goal divided up into three sections worth a different amount of points. The more points you score, the better the trophy you receive. Each challenge is divided up into difficulty levels, ranging from one to three stars. This means there's a lot to play through, so if you're the type of person that has to complete everything, expect to spend a lot of time in Training Challenge.
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/157/630498_20110607_embed005.jpg (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/images/6328476/5/?path=2011/157/630498_20110607_embed005.jpg&caption=%2522What+do+you+mean%252C+FIFA+sold+more% 253F%2521%2522&cvr=Y4I1)"What do you mean, FIFA sold more?!" (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/images/6328476/5/?path=2011/157/630498_20110607_embed005.jpg&caption=%2522What+do+you+mean%252C+FIFA+sold+more% 253F%2521%2522&cvr=Y4I1)

Most of the changes in PES 12 have been made to AI players on the pitch, via improvements to make their actions seem more realistic. The first is AI overlap, which is designed to improve the performance of players off the ball, so long as you've enabled AI assists. As we played the ball to an open area of the pitch, we noticed players running forward to receive it, making intelligent runs that allowed us to set up chances on goal. If you choose not to enable AI assists you're given greater control of players off the ball, allowing you to control two players simultaneously. Doing so is a little fiddly, though, requiring you to highlight another player by pointing the right stick in his direction, and pressing down on it to select him.
While this feature can be very tricky to use out on the open field, it really comes into its own during set pieces such as corners and free kicks. While lining up a corner, we could move another player in the box at the same time, making use of space and ensuring someone was on the receiving end of the ball. Further enhancements have been made to penalties, which are now much simpler to take. One button controls the height and power of the kick, while another controls the direction. By holding down R1, we could perform finesse finishes such as chips, something that would have required well-timed double taps of the analogue stick in PES 11. Also gone is the side-on penalty view, replaced with a more traditional viewpoint in front of the goal.
Various enhancements to dummy and diagonal runs made our time on the pitch more enjoyable, with our AI teammates drawing out defenders and running across the field, rather than just down one side of it. We noticed our defence was tighter too, with players marking the opposition, automatically chasing them down, and launching tackles. This extended to our team's formation. Players maintained position, allowing us to make better judgements and defend our half of the pitch with more confidence. Combined, the AI improvements made each match more enjoyable, with fewer goals conceded from frustrating AI mistakes.
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/157/630498_20110607_embed002.jpg (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/images/6328476/2/?path=2011/157/630498_20110607_embed002.jpg&caption=The+teams+line+up+for+the+traditional+pre-match+River+Dance.&cvr=4Zm1)The teams line up for the traditional pre-match River Dance. (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/images/6328476/2/?path=2011/157/630498_20110607_embed002.jpg&caption=The+teams+line+up+for+the+traditional+pre-match+River+Dance.&cvr=4Zm1)

While this year's updates aren't entirely revolutionary, they build upon the substantial improvements introduced in PES 11. Matches were smooth, exciting, and a lot of fun, feeling noticeably faster than FIFA. It remains to be seen whether PES can catch up with FIFA's excellent online features, but we were left suitably impressed, making this year's battle between the two football games that little bit closer. Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 is due for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on October 14. Look out for more coverage on GameSpot soon.

http://www.gameplaypress.com/pc/70131-pro-evolution-soccer-2012-hands-on-preview.html

lefty
08-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Zorgasm

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes2012-gamescom-gameplay-videos/

lefty
08-22-2011, 08:28 AM
CROFL I just installed the patches for PES 2011

latetotheparty

diego
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM

I dont know abut pes 11, but in the winning eleven 6/7 (I think pes 3 is the equivalent) version:
- chasing an airborne ball heading out-of-bounds and touching it for no god damned reason without pressing any direction or any other button, hold R1 and R2 to give up on a play- this works regardless of what the ball is doing

- When you tackle a player, his body might just lie in front of you as a barrier until he resumes possession (you can hop over people easily in FIFA 11) tap R2 to hop, works better when you have possession but can also be done w/o the ball (also, if you do it as you are receiving a pass the player will let it go through

- pinpoint clearances that land on the feet of the forward at midfield this sounds more like a specific issue of 11, but in the versions I play, holding L1 anywhere between the two penalty areas will make you crosses work the same as in the crossing zone, allowing you to clear straight to your forwards from almost anywhere on the pitch; the precision depends on the passing player's ratings and position/orientation but you can choose for a high cross by pressing circle once, a mid cross by pressing twice, and a low cross by pressing three times- if you can do the same as the AI, it probably wont feel as cheap. I play with passing style set to type 5, so that crossing with circle is always manual, unless i hold L1 to do automatic crosses and I probably use the automatic crosses more to transition from defense to offense than I do to attack (those I do manual)

I suggest you check the controls on Gamefaqs.com for the version you play to see if you can remedy some of those issues, the chasing the ball out of bounds problem was solved long ago

SAtown
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Apparently the pc demo for PES 2012 is already out, and will be out for PS3 and 360 on Wed.

From what I've read, there will be 2 demos released, one this week, and the next one mid September.

lol Fifa

SAtown
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Link to PC demo: http://www.gamer4eva.com/2011/08/pes-2012-two-demos-announced.html

lefty
08-23-2011, 09:07 AM
The (first) PES 2012 demo had gotten very good reviews on teh internetz

ElNono
08-23-2011, 09:19 AM
lol Italy

lefty
08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
ZOMG PES 12 demo is orgasmic; and that's only the 1st demo

FIFA :lmao

lefty
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
:lmao :lmao

FIRST PES 2012 DEMO NOT APPEARING ON XBOX 360
http://www.newgamenetwork.com/images/ccms.png
Publisher was unable to resolve issues with Microsoft

Posted by Alex 'The_PC_Gamer (http://www.newgamenetwork.com/profile/2/thepcgamer/)' V on Sep 7, 2011 - 11:41am EST (2 hours ago) Fans on Xbox 360 who have been waiting to play the first of two demos for Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 should not hold their breath.

It has been revealed by PES Team Leader via Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/JonMurphy_PES/status/111413430191267840) that the demo won't be appearing on Microsoft's console. "Sorry to confirm that due to issues on both sides we can’t release the 1st PES2012 demo for 360. We’ve tried hard but have to give up," said the message.

No detials of the problem were specified, and it was later added: "We – Konami, the PES team and myself – are all really, really sorry."

There is no word on if the second demo will make it to the service. The first demo was already released on PC and PS3 over a week ago.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 is coming to PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on September 27th in North America and October in Europe.

lefty
09-16-2011, 09:49 AM
OMG

PES 12 is gonna be so fucking amazing :cry

SAtown
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
OMG

PES 12 is gonna be so fucking amazing :cry

Have you tried the second demo??? Holy shit man. I'm playin on the pitchside camera, -1 game speed, and it's the closest thing to real football i've ever seen. The player movement is ridiculous, you can't just stop and turn directions in an instant.

lefty
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Have you tried the second demo??? Holy shit man. I'm playin on the pitchside camera, -1 game speed, and it's the closest thing to real football i've ever seen. The player movement is ridiculous, you can't just stop and turn directions in an instant.
Yep

Got the 2nd demo with a Japanese PSN account :lol

I will try your settings

SAtown
09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
YAR6I_T-uVc

lol

lefty
09-19-2011, 07:44 PM
YAR6I_T-uVc

lol

EA has done it again

resistanze
09-19-2011, 10:40 PM
:lmao @ first 10 seconds of vid

NASpurs
09-19-2011, 10:48 PM
:lmao @ the part where Arsenal players were tripping and falling on each other. I thought I was watching the Blackburn game from Saturday.

NASpurs
09-19-2011, 10:49 PM
They just need to recreate the Torres miss and I would consider this day one.

IronMaxipad
09-19-2011, 11:15 PM
They just need to recreate the Torres miss and I would consider this day one.

KT5xNOUzcJk

NASpurs
09-19-2011, 11:52 PM
:lol The creativity and amount of time people have never ceases to amaze me. Great video

lefty
09-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Played FIFA 12 demo just to kill time

Not bad, but PES FTW

Sense
09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Lefty we get it.. you're a PES guy... I don't think anyone really cares.

lefty
09-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Lefty we get it.. you're a PES guy... I don't think anyone really cares.
But PES is better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/Nerd-rage.gif

SAtown
09-22-2011, 01:52 PM
/\/\/\ :lmao

MannyIsGod
09-22-2011, 02:01 PM
That gif has to be staged. :lmao

SAtown
09-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Can't wait to edit the shit out of PES 2012 then start a ML :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

lefty
09-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Can't wait to edit the shit out of PES 2012 then start a ML :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
I may use the 2011 patch (already on my PS3)

I'm still traumatized by all the files I had to copy one by one

SAtown
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Playing it right now on the PC!!!! :cry :cry

lefty
09-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Playing it right now on the PC!!!! :cry :cry
Lucky bastard :cry

I may get both lol

1st FIFA and PES later when it's down to 30$

Plus, I think the PES patches won't come out until 2012 (I guess)

SAtown
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM

SAtown
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Yea I don't think and good PES patches will come out until at least Dec or Jan, after the Winter transfer

lefty
09-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Yea I don't think and good PES patches will come out until at least Dec or Jan, after the Winter transfer
Thanks for confirming

SAtown
09-26-2011, 01:29 AM
I played FIFA 12 all weekend, hated the new defensive controls - a new button to "give in" when there was already a button to do that when you already pressure an attacker (A=XBOX X=PS), hated that there was no option to choose "legacy controls" ONLINE (game killer for me because I spent a lot of fucking years playing football games perfecting defenses) but I guess it's ok if you only play offline BUT who the fuck plays FIFA offline??????

Sorry if that's confusing, but you'll see what i mean if you're a FIFA player.

Aside from that, it's the SAME EXACT FUCKING GAME, just new soundtrack. And new uniforms. That's all. New songs and jerseys. I played the game throughout the weekend, but could only play about 1 hour at a time, it was that stressful. I played ranked matches online, you choose your team, your formation, your uniform selection, BEFORE you see your opponent, their team, and their uniforms,,, SO you choose Arsenal, your opponent chooses United, boom the game fucking loads and you can't tell the fucking difference between teams. You quit?? You're fucked.

My 4 hours so far with PES 2012 have been a breath of fresh air. Responsive controls, responsive menus, the editing, the options, the licenses (Yes! Champions, Europa, Libertadores, and the ability to edit EVERYTHING else including club teams >>>> having club team licenses [lol MLS] when every fucking player plays the same (In FIFA, Messi is identical to Pato, or Villa, or anyone else). Players have personality.

I just wish Konami had enough money to throw around like EA does with FIFA, and a large part of that is EA's extreme marketing machine.

Buy whatever you want tho, it's your money.

lefty
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
I played FIFA 12 all weekend, hated the new defensive controls - a new button to "give in" when there was already a button to do that when you already pressure an attacker (A=XBOX X=PS), hated that there was no option to choose "legacy controls" ONLINE (game killer for me because I spent a lot of fucking years playing football games perfecting defenses) but I guess it's ok if you only play offline BUT who the fuck plays FIFA offline??????

Sorry if that's confusing, but you'll see what i mean if you're a FIFA player.

Aside from that, it's the SAME EXACT FUCKING GAME, just new soundtrack. And new uniforms. That's all. New songs and jerseys. I played the game throughout the weekend, but could only play about 1 hour at a time, it was that stressful. I played ranked matches online, you choose your team, your formation, your uniform selection, BEFORE you see your opponent, their team, and their uniforms,,, SO you choose Arsenal, your opponent chooses United, boom the game fucking loads and you can't tell the fucking difference between teams. You quit?? You're fucked.

My 4 hours so far with PES 2012 have been a breath of fresh air. Responsive controls, responsive menus, the editing, the options, the licenses (Yes! Champions, Europa, Libertadores, and the ability to edit EVERYTHING else including club teams >>>> having club team licenses [lol MLS] when every fucking player plays the same (In FIFA, Messi is identical to Pato, or Villa, or anyone else). Players have personality.

I just wish Konami had enough money to throw around like EA does with FIFA, and a large part of that is EA's extreme marketing machine.

Buy whatever you want tho, it's your money.

Is it possible to use the 2011 patches on PES 2012?

I don't feel like copying each file one by one again :(

SAtown
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
From what I've read, you just copy one file over and it copies formations, kits, and all that other stuff. Unfortunately the version I have is French and German only :lol, and I don't speak either language but understand most of the French. In the Edit menu, there is an option to import stuff from the previous version. How much you can import I'm not 100% sure

MannyIsGod
09-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Someone will come out with option files pretty fast. I'm still going to get both. Actually a lot of people play FIFA online (way more than PES) so thats the main reason I want to get it. PES online has ALWAYS sucked.

lefty
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Someone will come out with option files pretty fast. I'm still going to get both. Actually a lot of people play FIFA online (way more than PES) so thats the main reason I want to get it. PES online has ALWAYS sucked.
Good point on the online play

lefty
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
From what I've read, you just copy one file over and it copies formations, kits, and all that other stuff. Unfortunately the version I have is French and German only :lol, and I don't speak either language but understand most of the French. In the Edit menu, there is an option to import stuff from the previous version. How much you can import I'm not 100% sure
ok thanks

lefty
09-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is the day we rejoice
Tomorrow is the day we fap fap fap

MannyIsGod
09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Man you worry me sometimes, Lefty.

lefty
09-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Man you worry me sometimes, Lefty.

I am totally sane
:D

IronMaxipad
09-27-2011, 12:18 AM
OaaHdD4DhT8

:wow dat #1 goal was sick

lefty
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
So?

Anyone fapping fapping fapping yet ?

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I won't be home till 7pm tonight and even then I have a few things to get done by tomorrow so I probably won't have time to fire them up tonight. Maybe a game or two of FIFA.

lefty
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Bought FIFA 12 during lunchbreak

I'll probably fire it up around 8 pm

(trying not to fap fap fap at work while looking at the box)

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Manny let's play a game today. Beaners vs Patriots. I have no mic, yet.

IronMaxipad
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
UPS just dropped off my copy. :hat

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm msalgad80 on PSN - feel free to add me and if I'm able to play a game tonight I will.

lefty
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Manny Salgado?

lefty
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
FUcking Donovan on the North American cover

Aaaaargh

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 03:23 PM
LOL you get to stare at Donovan. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I love it. Yes, Manuel Salgado.

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 03:23 PM
It was bad ass, the old early versions of WE and PES would all say my name and not my friends. :lol

lefty
09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
LOL you get to stare at Donovan. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I love it. Yes, Manuel Salgado.

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Still waiting. Damn you, UPS.

badfish22
09-27-2011, 04:58 PM
:lol Lefty would be the type of person to prefer PES just for the sake of constantly bragging about how different he is.

lefty
09-27-2011, 05:47 PM
:lol Lefty would be the type of person to prefer PES just for the sake of constantly bragging about how different he is.

lefty
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Ok

Have played a couple of matches

Gameplay and passing feel much better than in the demo

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I played a bit online with a friend and it seems pretty decent.

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Still not here. God dammit

scott
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
crossing has changed dramatically, requiring some adjustment

IronMaxipad
09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
IronBeanercan fix your fucking phone! holy shit. It keeps sending me the same text over and over again. I had to turn my phone off because every 5 seconds i get the same text from you faggot

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 11:05 PM
First time I've played FIFA in like a decade. Its pretty good I guess. Hard to adjust from PES.

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
I completely demolished Maxi. First game I was up 1-0 before a DC. Second I was up 6-1 before a disconnect. Third game we tied 2-2. And 4th I won 4-0.

IronMaxipad
Just spanked IM 6-1

IronMaxipad
I completely demolished Maxi. First game I was up 1-0 before a DC. Second I was up 6-1 before a disconnect. Third game we tied 2-2. And 4th I won 4-0.

You goddamn liar

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 11:33 PM
:lol Piss off You always do that. I was owning your ass.

IronMaxipad
09-27-2011, 11:36 PM
:lol Piss off You always do that. I was owning your ass.

:lmao:lmao Yea right

After i whooped his ass 6-1 he txt me saying he was "tired" and logs off.

I got the txt to prove it.

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 11:36 PM
:lol you're gay.

I always own you on FIFA. I remember on 11(or was it 10?) you would tell me to stop running around after I scored a goal. We need mics. Mine is coming in Thursday.

IronMaxipad
09-27-2011, 11:38 PM
:lol you're gay.

I always own you on FIFA. I remember on 11(or was it 10?) you would tell me to stop running around after I scored a goal. We need mics. Mine is coming in Thursday.

Never played 11 maybe it was 10. And we only played like twice.

IronMexican
09-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Buy a mic tomorrow. Go to Radioshack and pick up the cheapest USB mic you can find.

IronMaxipad
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Buy a mic tomorrow. Go to Radioshack and pick up the cheapest USB mic you can find.

I have a blutooth mic somewhere. And i gotta finish my fuckin paper that's due on friday. Haven't even started that shit.

IronMexican
09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Good games son. I beat your 3-1 and then the second game my team sucked and we tied.

IronMaxipad
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Good games son. I beat your 3-1 and then the second game my team sucked and we tied.

Keep the excuses coming. :lol

and the 3-1 loss i used a 3 1/2 star team and he used a 5 star team.

IronMexican
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Juve is a 4 and a half and you had a 4 star.

World Class was just too hard for me. Had to turn it down to professional, and not it's a little too easy.

IronMaxipad
09-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Juve is a 4 and a half and you had a 4 star.

World Class was just too hard for me. Had to turn it down to professional, and not it's a little too easy.

I play on Legendary, tbh. Got the defense down now i need to create more chances.

IronMaxipad
09-28-2011, 02:49 PM
And do your trophies work? Whenever i compare trophies with you or anyone, FIFA 12 doesn't show up. I already synced them so i don't know wtf is going on there.

IronMexican
09-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Nope. Same here.

Cry Havoc
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Fifa 12 getting crazy good reviews. Hope it's a little more dynamic than it was last year.

MannyIsGod
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM
After playing it a few times last night I can say its OK but for now I like PES more. I haven't actually opened my new PES so hopefully I get a chance otherwise it will have to wait until next week.

Online is fun though.

lefty
09-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Just tapped some random ass online 6-2

MannyIsGod
09-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Add me lefty

IM and Maxi what are your PSN names/

lefty
09-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Add me lefty

IM and Maxi what are your PSN names/

I thought IM and Maxi were the same person

lefty
09-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm msalgad80 on PSN - feel free to add me and if I'm able to play a game tonight I will.

Are u sure its msalgad80?

Says not regidtered

IronMaxipad
09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
MandoSC323
x--RuDE--x

add us sons. I probably won't be able to play tonight. You guys should play ironbeanercan though. i want to see if i just really suck or he's just dat good. :lol

IronMexican
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
I need more friends. I have nothing to do until work picks up and I get re-hired. My mic will be here tomorrow.

resistanze
09-28-2011, 11:50 PM
I have nothing to do until work picks up and I get re-hired.I'm waiting for the same thing, the reason I don't wanna buy the game :lol

lefty
09-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Are u sure its msalgad80?

Says not regidtered

Nevermind

Found it in the sticky thread

IronMexican
09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm waiting for the same thing, the reason I don't wanna buy the game :lol

Yeah I am working on a tight budget for a while as well. Contemplating cancelling my 2k12 order.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2011, 11:15 AM
its msalgado80 Sorry if I mistyped it. I'll add you guys on Sunday as I won't be home until then. Looking forward to kicking all of you in the cybernuts.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah I am working on a tight budget for a while as well. Contemplating cancelling my 2k12 order.

Yeah - I'm pretty much done buying video games for now. I'm shipping NCAA Football and PES 2011 (lol Amazon giving me nearly 20 in credit for that game when the new one is out) to get amost 50 in credits. That with the credits they gave me for preordering FIFA and PES is what I'm going to use to buy Uncharted but otherwise I don't think I'll buy another game for awhile. Don't have all that much time anyway.

lefty
09-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Sunday?

Are you afraid ? :stirpot:

MannyIsGod
09-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll be out of town bitch. I'd beat you with one analog stick tied behind my back!

lefty
09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
I'll be out of town bitch. I'd beat you with one analog stick tied behind my back!

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens1821381_Smack101.jpg

IronMexican
09-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Sunday is a no good for me senor. Monday-Saturday.

resistanze
09-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Been playing some PES 2012 on the PC, good game, but marginal improve on PES 2011 from what I've seen so far.

I play on the hardest difficulty (Top Player) against the CPU and my only beef is that every CPU player dribbles like Cristiano Ronaldo on this mode, it's kind of silly.

lefty
09-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Been playing some PES 2012 on the PC, good game, but marginal improve on PES 2011 from what I've seen so far.

Yeah that's what I thought

And I think I'll alternate between FIFA 12 and PES 2011

resistanze
09-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah - I'm pretty much done buying video games for now. I'm shipping NCAA Football and PES 2011 (lol Amazon giving me nearly 20 in credit for that game when the new one is out) to get amost 50 in credits. That with the credits they gave me for preordering FIFA and PES is what I'm going to use to buy Uncharted but otherwise I don't think I'll buy another game for awhile. Don't have all that much time anyway.

Yeah, Uncharted 3 is the only must buy for me till the end of this year. Luckily I have a $70 gift card from Chapters (like a Canadian B&N) will come in handy.

IronMaxipad
09-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Finally finished my paper. Now i can actually start playing.

IronMaxipad
09-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Sunday is a no good for me senor. Monday-Saturday.

Why because of work or football?

lefty
09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Uncharted 3 is the only must buy for me till the end of this year. Luckily I have a $70 gift card from Chapters (like a Canadian B&N) will come in handy.

Chapters sell video games?

IronMexican
09-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Why because of work or football?

Football.

resistanze
09-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Chapters sell video games?

Aye. Online only I believe. I tried calling a store if they had Gears of War 3 in stock and the lady was like "WTF? We don't sell games here...Gimme the UPC...Oh we do..."

lefty
09-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Aye. Online only I believe. I tried calling a store if they had Gears of War 3 in stock and the lady was like "WTF? We don't sell games here...Gimme the UPC...Oh we do..."
ah ok :lol

IronMexican
10-02-2011, 08:04 PM
I like the game a lot, but my biggest gripe is a lack of fouls.

I always love free kicks.

lefty
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I like the game a lot, but my biggest gripe is a lack of fouls.

I always love free kicks.

Same here

Sometimes I go to practice mode just so I can shoot free kicks

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
My biggest gripe is how bad I suck.

lefty
10-03-2011, 11:30 AM
My biggest gripe is how bad I suck.
Oh I see what you are doing here

Pretending to suck so you can beat us by surprise :hat

By the way, I sent you FIFA invite yesterday until I realized you were playing another game

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
yeah I got it when I logged in later at night, sorry. I'll play some tonight as I'm caught up with school crap.

lefty
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
yeah I got it when I logged in later at night, sorry. I'll play some tonight as I'm caught up with school crap.
There is no rush

I'll destroy you anyway

Cry Havoc
10-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Opinions on FIFA 12 vs PES 12? Is this just Fifa's year?

lefty
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM

IGN: ZOMG FIFA! a chef-d'oeuvre, the best soccer game ever, the beautiful game blabla

EA FANBOYS: ZOMFG FIFA !!!! more realizticz, haz licenz !!!! PES arcadey

Unbiased gamer 1: both have their pros and cons, both are great; it comes down to your personal preference

Unbiased gamer 2: neither is great; it comes down to your personal preference

PES FANBOYS: EA pays those reviewers; there is no way FIFA is better than PES; and the fact that it sells more doesn't mean it's the better game
Oh, and yeah, regarding the licenses, I don't care, gameplay is what I'm after , but if you want you can install the option file, it's as easy as 1-2-3, so stop bitching

SAtown
10-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Pes 12 = pure class

IronMaxipad
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM

FIFA !!!! more realizticz, haz licenz !!!! PES arcadey (tbh, imo, fwiw)

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm gonna get an option file and play some pes for sure tonight!

scott
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Are we almost ready to roll? Just got back from Denver so I probably need a little time to play again before we start. Post your PSN IDs again so I can add you. I'm biermonkey

lefty
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Chicharito!!!!

Twice

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Set it up, brah. We need to do this while it has steam.

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
MandoSC323

IronMaxipad
10-03-2011, 08:43 PM
What's the point.. IronMexican is gonna whoop everyone's ass tbh.

dibs on stoke

We should also do a spurstalk pro clubs.

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I am kicking the PC's ass on World Class now. Beat Tottenham 7-0 yesterday and have lost one game so far in my Career(Do have ManU, though).

lefty
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Holy shit Manny

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah I'm ready whenever. I just played 3 games against Lefty where I hit the post more than we had goals combined. Also, Lefty's English keeper played like he wasn't English.

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 09:28 PM
BTW Lefty owned me. I was 0-1-2.

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Who wants to play me right now?

lefty
10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
BTW Lefty owned me. I was 0-1-2.

TBH, you dominated all 3 games

Really unlucky with all those posts, especially with that late game penalty in the 3rd match

Speaking of penalties, I really need to practice

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
lefty, lets play.

lefty
10-03-2011, 09:40 PM
lefty, lets play.

Tomorrow

(please don't destroy me)

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
FUUUUUUU

Who wants to play now? I don't even know how good I am. I can demolish World Class PC and Maxi, but have never played anyone else.

lefty
10-03-2011, 09:47 PM
By the way Manny, the goalie is Dutch

resistanze
10-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Practising on my 360 version for when I eventually jump onto the PS3. Watch out niggas.

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 10:04 PM
God damn it now I lost to Scott

scott
10-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Manny, DM me your phone number so I can text you holmes

scott
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
The keepers suck a lot more online than vs. the PC. The first goals Manny scored against me I was wondering WTF Kasey Keller was doing back there.

Just getting used to online. Not sure if I'm completely ready for IronMexican haha

scott
10-03-2011, 10:09 PM
What did we decide on for the online league? I've never set one up... does it work like Online Franchise in Madden, or is just a tournament with whatever teams we pick?

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
The keepers are pretty bad on distance shots. I've seen them just stand there on shots outside of the box a lot.

scott
10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
manny quit being a little bitch and accept my invite, tbh. Barca v. RMAO

lefty
10-03-2011, 10:16 PM
The keepers are pretty bad on distance shots. I've seen them just stand there on shots outside of the box a lot.

Especially when you shoot low

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Ronaldo - Saved - Messie - GOAL!

I suck :(

resistanze
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Is there a new fucking sprint button in the game? Why can the CPU defenders catch up to me always (ie PES catch-up bug) while I can never catch up to them?

lefty
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Is there a new fucking sprint button in the game? Why can the CPU defenders catch up to me always (ie PES catch-up bug) while I can never catch up to them?

You must have hit the wrong button

And yeah, I hate that shit on PES

resistanze
10-03-2011, 10:42 PM
You must have hit the wrong button

And yeah, I hate that shit on PES

They fixed this year in PES. Lemme try again in FIFA - I'm sure I was pressing R2.

scott
10-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Manny finally gets a win when my keeper decides to throw it right to his foward at the 18... wtf?

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 10:47 PM
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm surprised I scored I was laughign so hard

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM

Impossible to catch them. I've noticed this a lot.

lefty
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM
They fixed this year in PES. Lemme try again in FIFA - I'm sure I was pressing R2.

Glad they finally fixed it

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Epic comeback, IMO

scott
10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Fucking Manny with 2 goals at 90' to win 2-1

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Tony Romo on Barca IMO TBH ETC ETC

resistanze
10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
LMAO scott

scott
10-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I just salvaged the draw at 90' against Manny. I have a feeling we are gonna be at the bottom of our league if we ever start it

MannyIsGod
10-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I was like Oh hell no you're not pulling the same shit. :lmao I just wanted to kill that last game after your goal.

I'll play more later this week but I gotta get some sleep. Thanks for the games scott and lefty - that was fun as hell.

IronMaxipad
10-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Just destroyed IronBeanercan I was down 0-2 with 2 men red carded. Came back and won 3-2 :lmao

We were using 1 star teams fwiw

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Maxi won when I had three played carded out. Was up 2-0 in the second half.

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
:lmao and we were playing with low level teams. I had a half star and he had a one star. Not that it makes a difference on terrible teams like that.

IronMaxipad
10-03-2011, 11:42 PM
I just salvaged the draw at 90' against Manny. I have a feeling we are gonna be at the bottom of our league if we ever start it

I'll join you guys at the bottom tbh. :lol

IronMexican
10-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I feel pretty good.

I don't think I'm all that much better than you guys, though.

scott
10-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Decide on the rules for this bitch

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Only one league?

If that's the case, we should go for the league with the most 4 star teams. EPL, I'd say. Besides that, I don't have an issue with 5 or 6 minute halfs.

scott
10-04-2011, 12:35 AM
I've never done an online league on FIFA - does it take us through the regular season and cups and all that? Or is it just a table where we all play each other over and over? Bundesliga would be another good one to choose from.

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Pretty sure it's just a table.

MannyIsGod
10-04-2011, 06:56 AM
any league works for me.

scott
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
If it's just a table, then I say F it and everyone pick from any league

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Ok, that sounds good.

MannyIsGod
10-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Team star limit? 4? If so I may just go with the Galaxy.

lefty
10-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Team star limit? 4? If so I may just go with the Galaxy.
The NY Red Bulls are a 5 star team TBH

At least according to yesterday's match :hat

MannyIsGod
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
hahahahahahahah

lefty
10-04-2011, 09:37 AM
hahahahahahahah
*sarcastic laugh*

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I've never done an online league on FIFA - does it take us through the regular season and cups and all that? Or is it just a table where we all play each other over and over? Bundesliga would be another good one to choose from.

You want me to set up the league? I'll just steal the rules from another forum i post at.

lefty
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
You want me to set up the league? I'll just steal the rules from another forum i post at.
Yes please

Thanks IronMexican

scott
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks SenorMaxipad

scott
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
On another note: does anyone here do Ultimate Team? How about an Ultimate Team league?

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
On another note: does anyone here do Ultimate Team? How about an Ultimate Team league?

How do you play Ultimate team? I tried it out once and was confused as fuck. Is it a trading card game? :lol

I'd be down to start a st pro club team tbh

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Setting up league right now.

6 or 7 minute halves?

how many players?

Me
Beaner
Lefty
Scott
Manny

anyone else?

lefty
10-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Setting up league right now.

6 or 7 minute halves?

how many players?

Me
Beaner
Lefty
Scott
Manny

anyone else?
6 minutes IMO

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
New thread sons.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185222

scott
10-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Rules need to be IronMexican uses a 1 star tbh. He just lol'ed the shit out of me. The best defense is giving him PKs.

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I had no idaea if I was playing Scott or Manny. Now I know.

I feel pretty good heading into this competition.

scott
10-04-2011, 11:25 PM
tbh y'all should just let me use Barca.

Seems like I'm always getting caught on the counter and you guys have breakaways. Obviously I'm missing some kind of fundemental defensive skill.

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 11:27 PM
So who's better between scott and manny?

Ironmexican is gonna own everyone tbh

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 11:28 PM
tbh y'all should just let me use Barca.

Seems like I'm always getting caught on the counter and you guys have breakaways. Obviously I'm missing some kind of fundemental defensive skill.

That's exactly how i feel when i play IronMexican. When i played you it was like the roles were reversed. :lol

Mando are you using legacy defending? It's hard to do anything against his defense tbh

scott
10-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Manny and I have played 5 or 6 games and are even on points and goals scored.

First half I thought you and I were pretty even. Your keeper had a couple of awesome saves and I was up on possession... then the wheels completely fell off lol.

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 11:35 PM
What's legacy defending?

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 11:37 PM
What's legacy defending?

the old defense.

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 11:39 PM
No. I press R1, but that's just a shading thing.

IronMaxipad
10-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Train me bruh. Then we can meet in the finals tbh.

IronMexican
10-04-2011, 11:42 PM
I thought my D kind of sucked. Scott was doing a way better job at creating chances for himself than you. You play scared the whole game.

I never stop attacking.

IronMaxipad
10-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I thought my D kind of sucked. Scott was doing a way better job at creating chances for himself than you. You play scared the whole game.

I never stop attacking.

TBH my battery was dying

resistanze
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
How in the fuck do you tackle someone? lol

I'm serious. Tactical defending, legacy defending, whatever. I've been playing on the second hardest mode and Juventus will just walk through my defenders like they don't exist, while they'll stop Messi in his tracks.

resistanze
10-05-2011, 01:22 PM
And whenever the CPU does the give and go, my idiot defender stand there and allow the attacker clean through. WTF?

resistanze
10-16-2011, 10:01 AM
I played PES 2012 last night, and LOL@ Barca's overall player ratings.

Messi - 100
Xavi - 97
Inesta - 96
Fabregas - 95
Dani Alves - 94
Puyol - 94
Pique - 90
Valdes - 89
Busquets - 89
Villa - 88
Alexis Sanchez - 85
Thiago - 84
Abidal - 83

MannyIsGod
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm about to load my PES option file, tbh. FIFA was driving me nuts online last night.

resistanze
10-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I just installed the PES Patch 1.3. Everything is licensed, looks pretty good.

resistanze
10-16-2011, 02:41 PM
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2058/pes2012w.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/pes2012w.jpg/)

MannyIsGod
10-16-2011, 03:12 PM
You're playing on the PC

resistanze
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah. PC community for patches is the shit, imo.

MannyIsGod
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Its good for all platfoms, TBH. You have the easiest copy of them all though.

lefty
10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Its good for all platfoms, TBH. You have the easiest copy of them all though.

This

Ill never forget the night I copied 2000000 files one by one on my PS3

resistanze
01-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Uninstalled PES 2012 last night. I thik it's a step back from PES 2011 tbh. The new defending system is terrible, and on the highest difficulty mode you can have players (esp. Ronaldos, Robbens, Messi) play slalom on your entire defense. The shitty part is that the CPU could still use the trust ol' run-into-you defense most of the time.

And I swear to God I don't think I'll play this game again until they don't allow a CPU player to clear a ball right into his forward's feet on the other side of the pitch.

lefty
01-02-2012, 09:34 PM
FIFA 12 has grown on me