PDA

View Full Version : Something tells me that this thing is a One and Done Affair

ezau
06-14-2011, 04:03 AM
I hate to rain on your party Mavs fans, but I just don't see this same Mavs team winning another ring.

That said, it's still:

Manu: 3

Dirk: 1

PGDynasty24
06-14-2011, 04:31 AM
They were clearly the hungriest team in the NBA, let's see how they do when that target is on their back and no longer chasing revenge.

frodo
06-14-2011, 04:40 AM
yeah thats a real concern tbh. hope dem mavs will continue to play hard like this year & achieve more successes. however they might get complacent after dis one and start to suck bad right the next season like the heat 06-07, which is also a possibility

ezau
06-14-2011, 06:36 AM
They were clearly the hungriest team in the NBA, let's see how they do when that target is on their back and no longer chasing revenge.

The hard part is obviously how you stay on top.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-14-2011, 07:07 AM
lol ezau rios
lol unemployed
lol fiance who works at walgreens

CubanMustGo
06-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Don't forget they get back Butler and Beaubois next season. A repeat won't be easy, but that should help. IF Kidd doesn't fall off a cliff, if they stay motivated, if someone doesn't send that little fuck JJB into another time zone, etc. etc.

dunkman
06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
They have been working well for a while. But the Heat are the favorites, they had unbalanced roster this time, next year it will be difficult to beat them.

And some teams like the Spurs could upset the Mavs.

Shank
06-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I was kinda hoping for a Florida Marlins-type situation where they win it, blow it up and try again. I agree with the sentiment. It's tremendous to get one, and I'd obviously like another, but it felt like the perfect storm with this group.

Frenzy
06-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Ha imagine the new phrases if mavs did repeat?

Repeats 1 > 0 :lol spurs

Red Hawk #21
06-14-2011, 09:19 AM
lol ezau rios
lol unemployed

Oh shit :lol

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I want Spurs vs Mavs in the playoffs next year. I want us to be the ones to dethrone the champs.

I'm already hungry for it.

Venti Quattro
06-14-2011, 09:56 AM
lol walgreens

stretch
06-14-2011, 10:01 AM
yeah they definitely will need to do some retooling. of course they will be good once again, and will have to be viewed as contenders, but I have a hard time believing they will be able to beat hungrier teams like OKC and Miami, unless they add some good pieces.

if the teams were to generally stay put as is, here is how I would predict the West seedings to work out:

OKC
Dallas
LA Lakers
Memphis
Portland
San Antonio
Denver
LA Clippers

Viva Las Espuelas
06-14-2011, 10:04 AM
It's funny cuz up here in DFW I still hear that the "spurs are getting old". They're still using that stupid line. Um, isn't their PG gonna be 40 next year? How old is egg-head? If anything, I think the mavs average age is the same or higher than ours. Oh well......

The Gemini Method
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
While it is incredibly difficult to repeat because: A) everyone treats you like some extra echalon that they need to get past every game. B) complacency, injuries, and attrition can deal your team a loss before you've even reached the The Finals. They will be essentially the same team +Butlearbubois back in the fold. Also, the fact that there still might not be a season doesn't help the team which is a more veteran, older team. If there is a season, they're the champs until someone knocks 'em out. Same as its always been and will always be. How long can someone deny the douchebag in South Beach from winning is another question for another day.

stretch
06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
It's funny cuz up here in DFW I still hear that the "spurs are getting old". They're still using that stupid line. Um, isn't their PG gonna be 40 next year? How old is egg-head? If anything, I think the mavs average age is the same or higher than ours. Oh well......

its not a matter of their age IMO

its that they are not very talented anymore, and timmy is clearly fading as their paint presence. if they try another year of this run and gun style, they are screwed.

the only reason i feel the Mavs have a remote shot at even being in contention next year is because they have a legit superstar still playing at a very high level. san antonio has no superstar, no one that can put the team on their back. they may win plenty of games during the season, but will go nowhere in the playoffs again unless they either make some serious changes, or can add a legit presence in the paint to help timmy out. McDyess, Bonner, and Blair are not the answer. Blair is a nice piece, but will never be a star player, and is too small to make a legit difference on defense.

HornetLoveJones
06-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I just don't see this same Mavs team winning another ring.

That said, it's still:

Manu also had Timmy and Parker to defer to while Dirk put his team on his back and won the damn thing. Also what has Manu done for the Spurs lately besides flopping into injury land?

btw on the original topic at hand... a healthy Butler, Beaubois, and a couple of other pieces beg to differ on a "one and done" stance. This team has another year or two of taking it all.

dirk4mvp
06-14-2011, 10:44 AM
The hard part is obviously how you stay on top.

Spurs wouldn't know anything about staying on top.

Nathan89
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
One and Done is better than None.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-14-2011, 10:46 AM
its not a matter of their age IMO

its that they are not very talented anymore, and timmy is clearly fading as their paint presence. if they try another year of this run and gun style, they are screwed.

the only reason i feel the Mavs have a remote shot at even being in contention next year is because they have a legit superstar still playing at a very high level. san antonio has no superstar, no one that can put the team on their back. they may win plenty of games during the season, but will go nowhere in the playoffs again unless they either make some serious changes, or can add a legit presence in the paint to help timmy out. McDyess, Bonner, and Blair are not the answer. Blair is a nice piece, but will never be a star player, and is too small to make a legit difference on defense.
Well yeah it's not a matter of their age. Just mav fans being.......mav fans.

I hope Dirk's playing motivates Tim next season while he still suits up for us. I wouldn't be surprised if next year is his last. Or even this year. It's all too early for anyone to say anything about next year. Lets just beat up on lebron again :toast.

Venti Quattro
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Imagine if Dallas repeats. San Antonio is going to be the lone team in Texas that can't repeat.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Imagine if Dallas repeats. San Antonio is going to be the lone team in Texas that can't repeat.

Shut your face!

ohmwrecker
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Only newbie Spurs fans and fans of other teams think it's a big deal that the Spurs never repeated. I'm happy with the 4. Of course, a 5th for Duncan would be nice, but that is the ever increasing, longest of shots.

ezau
06-14-2011, 08:54 PM
lol ezau rios
lol unemployed

:lol:lol

ezau
06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Manu also had Timmy and Parker to defer to while Dirk put his team on his back and won the damn thing. Also what has Manu done for the Spurs lately besides flopping into injury land?

btw on the original topic at hand... a healthy Butler, Beaubois, and a couple of other pieces beg to differ on a "one and done" stance. This team has another year or two of taking it all.

Regardless, it's still:

:lol:lol

ezau
06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Spurs wouldn't know anything about staying on top.

4>1

It's funny that even if the Mavs have already won a ring, they're still an inferior franchise compared to the Spurs.

It's just really funny:lol:lol

ezau
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM

Spurs 4

Rockets 2

Mavs 1

That's the hierarchy of teams in Texas Venti :toast:toast

DMC
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM

The Spurs won in 1999, then repeated in 2003, and again in 2005 and 2007.

When a movie plays again, it's a repeat. It doesn't have to be back to back.

DMC
06-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Don't they prosecute for shoplifting at Walgreens? You shoplifted Culby's shtick.

21_Blessings
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Manu sucks though.

Ring smack only works when the player in question is undoubtedly better than the others. For instance:

Kobe: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt:

Duncan: 4

Shaq: 4

Lebron/Wade: 1

Manu: who fucking cares, he doesn't belong on the list

mariners
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I hate to rain on your party Mavs fans, but I just don't see this same Mavs team winning another ring.

That said, it's still:

cause mav fans clearly care what you think :lol

Findog
06-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Manu sucks though.

Ring smack only works when the player in question is undoubtedly better than the others. For instance:

Kobe has two as a Robin, one as a co-Batman, and two as an unquestioned Batman.

Shaq has three as a Batman and one as a Robin.

Manu has three as a Robin, so I agree he doesn't belong on the list.

ezau
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Manu sucks though.

Fans of teams that were swept in this year's playoffs should STFU

21_Blessings
06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Manu has three as a Robin, so I agree he doesn't belong on the list.

More like Manu has two as batgirl and one as co-robin.

ezau
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
More like Manu has two as batgirl and one as co-robin.

Manu 3

Dirk 1

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Depends if we can keep this team together. We'll see how the offseason goes.

mariners
06-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Manu 3

Dirk 1
Fisher 5

Old shit dog Duncan 4

vander
06-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Manu doesn't have 3 in that context,

TD wins 4 if manu never existed, manu just a support player, spurs would have gotten another

if you want to put it that way then say Manu 3, JKidd 1, or Manu 3, Terry 1.

ezau
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Fisher 5

Old shit dog Duncan 4

Atlanta Hawks:lol:lol

Findog
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM

Hey they got one too: 1958

mariners
06-14-2011, 09:50 PM
???

ezau
06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey they got one too: 1958

Fair enough:toast

Roxsfan
06-14-2011, 10:45 PM

No other team can repeat in TX b/c there is only 1 Hakeem the Dream!

It will be interesting to see Dallas play next year getting butler back. Real cool story on how everything went their way in the face of such bad news losing butler.

Everyone will be gunning for them and trying to embarrass them every single game - to prove they were a fluke. Well, congrats Dallas!

Roxsfan
06-14-2011, 10:47 PM
The Spurs won in 1999, then repeated in 2003, and again in 2005 and 2007.

When a movie plays again, it's a repeat. It doesn't have to be back to back.

Spurs NEVER defended a single title. They won multiple titles in a very tough era in B-ball with the shaqs/kobes of the world and that is great -but they've never defended a title.

davethedope
06-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Manu couldn't have lead this mavs team to a title, so that Manu: 3 Dirk: 1 is no indicator.
As for all this talk about Miami being the favorites next year, anyone is as clueless as everybody who picked them this year to stomp the mavs. If anything LA is going to rebound

Mavillionaire
06-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Stop hating faggot. These Mavs ain't done, we just destroyed every team that was even remotely competative, easy enough to do it again.

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Dallas has to resign Tyson and Butler. I'm worried J.J. could command too much on the market for Dallas to keep. I'd also love for DeShawn to come back.

joshdaboss
06-15-2011, 10:13 AM
I don't even think Mavs fans themselves believe they were better than Miami in their heart of hearts. They must be pinching themselves and feel like the luckiest people in the world that David Stern shined his light on them.

Ghazi
06-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't even think Mavs fans themselves believe they were better than Miami in their heart of hearts. They must be pinching themselves and feel like the luckiest people in the world that David Stern shined his light on them.

u fuckin mad :lmao

George Gervin's Afro
06-15-2011, 10:20 AM
I say let the Mav fans enjoy their championship and give them sometime before we get back in their cyber faces..

props to the 2011 NBA Champs... that's all that needs to said for now.

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2011, 11:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/595Bn.png

:lmao

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Spurs NEVER defended a single title. They won multiple titles in a very tough era in B-ball with the shaqs/kobes of the world and that is great -but they've never defended a title.

This. :tu

It shows dominance. Consistency is cool and all but lets not confuse consistency with dominance. The Spurs never dominated a sustained period of time with a minimal back to back.

Spurs fan will argue this knowing very well that if they indeed did win one back to back they would use that shtick and defend it as to why you need to defend at least one. They never did hence why they argue that back to backs are overrated.

TampaDude
06-15-2011, 01:15 PM
The Mavs are champions this year, but the Spurs are still the kings of Texas. :hat

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 01:16 PM

wow...

really?

TampaDude
06-15-2011, 01:17 PM
This. :tu

It shows dominance. Consistency is cool and all but lets not confuse consistency with dominance. The Spurs never dominated a sustained period of time with a minimal back to back.

Spurs fan will argue this knowing very well that if they indeed did win one back to back they would use that shtick and defend it as to why you need to defend at least one. They never did hence why they argue that back to backs are overrated.

The word is EXCELLENCE, and the Spurs have that all over the Lakers in the 2000s. Spurs never missed the playoffs, always won at least 50 games, and were the winningest pro sports franchise, period.

As far as the Mavs repeating, well...the Heat are only going to get better...

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
The word is EXCELLENCE, and the Spurs have that all over the Lakers in the 2000s. Spurs never missed the playoffs, always won at least 50 games, and were the winningest pro sports franchise, period.

As far as the Mavs repeating, well...the Heat are only going to get better...

I won't argue the excellence part Tampa. You're right.

But it's only 3 LOB's in the '00's

The Spurs closed out the 90's decade with their championship in '99 which equates to one for that decade.

The '00's came along and they won 3 against the Lakers 5 albeit one three-peat and one back to back. Help me understand the "the spurs have that all over the Lakers in the 2000's" line.

I am having a problem with that line. I don't take away the '03 series. The Spurs were simply a defensive machine. But come on Tampa, don't over-hype them that much.

TampaDude
06-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I won't argue the excellence part Tampa. You're right.

But it's only 3 LOB's in the '00's

The Spurs closed out the 90's decade with their championship in '99 which equates to one for that decade.

The '00's came along and they won 3 against the Lakers 5 albeit one three-peat and one back to back. Help me understand the "the spurs have that all over the Lakers in the 2000's" line.

I am having a problem with that line. I don't take away the '03 series. The Spurs were simply a defensive machine. But come on Tampa, don't over-hype them that much.

They had a better overall record than the Lakers, and they never lost a Finals. We can spin it around all day if you want to. :hat

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 01:42 PM
They had a better overall record than the Lakers, and they never lost a Finals. We can spin it around all day if you want to. :hat

no need. simple math ultimately puts it to rest:

Lakers 16

Spurs 4

Bonus: one of our guys adorns all NBA stuff

I am good :tu :toast

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Lakers 16

Spurs 4

I didn't know Cully had a kid.

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I didn't know Cully had a kid.

:lol

TampaDude
06-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Lakers 16

Spurs 4

Yankees 27

Lakers 16

I'm good too. :toast

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Yankees 27

Lakers 16

I'm good too. :toast

Entire state of Cali pro sports & College ships = too many to count

Entire state of NY pro sports & college ships = not even close

not as good as this! :toast

California is literally the state of Champions. Don't even try to counter Tampa....you can't :lol

Sean Cagney
06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
They will be a year older thats for sure, it will be harder when they are not as hungry and a target is on them like someone said in here. They might not win it again but they might be good enough to get there if someone in the West does not step up and knock them off. West is not nearly as strong as it was years ago, teams got old like SA and LA.

mavsfan1000
06-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm satisfied that they finally did it as I was doubtful that it was too late for them. Sometimes 1 is enough. Just enjoy this one. The opportunity might never come again.

hehateme
06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm satisfied that they finally did it as I was doubtful that it was too late for them. Sometimes 1 is enough. Just enjoy this one. The opportunity might never come again.

You're satisfied?

You were pessimistic from the start of the playoffs you fucking poser. Why don't you go root for the Clippers or something so you know you are destined to keep losing.

You must be one fat pos nobody in real life to be this pessimistic on a forum.

ezau
06-15-2011, 08:05 PM

Lakers 16

Spurs 4

At least we never got swept by the Mavs:toast:toast

Axe Murderer
06-15-2011, 08:07 PM

:lol

my new favorite poster

Booharv
06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
:lol BUMP talking to himself in this thread.

Axe Murderer
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Booharinarian, the log in/log out goods per the norm

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 08:25 PM
At least we never got swept by the Mavs:toast:toast

Phoenix says hi :tu

Kamala
06-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Dismantling the lakers would be enough to sustain me not to mention sodomizing lebron.

ezau
06-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Phoenix says hi :tu

At least Duncan won a series against Dirk:lol

06-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Booharinarian, the log in/log out goods per the norm

tee, hee

mavsfan1000
06-16-2011, 01:50 AM
You're satisfied?

You were pessimistic from the start of the playoffs you fucking poser. Why don't you go root for the Clippers or something so you know you are destined to keep losing.

You must be one fat pos nobody in real life to be this pessimistic on a forum.
Who the fuck are you to judge me?

mavsfan1000
06-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Fuck you douche bag. I'm realistic. Yes they defied the odds but I still played the odds. This team has been horrible in the playoffs for a long time now. Who could've guessed that they totally turn it around this year? This team being one year older next year isn't going to help them.

frodo
06-16-2011, 04:22 AM
pretty much like da 04' pistons imo (thats why there SHOULD be a Mavs forum :lol). pistons da team had won champs before but dem NIGGAS never did it, 04' champ was da first for most ef dem niggas. maybe dem mavs can make the finals again next year (b/c they're really that good), lack of ambition would be quite a disadvantage fo em especially if its a mavs-heat rematch or a series against da magic or bulls who are damn hungry

hehateme
06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Fuck you douche bag. I'm realistic. Yes they defied the odds but I still played the odds. This team has been horrible in the playoffs for a long time now. Who could've guessed that they totally turn it around this year? This team being one year older next year isn't going to help them.

Shut the fuck up you closet Clippers fan. The only thing realistic about you is that dick stuck in your ass that makes you a whiney bandwagon fan bitch. A real fan doesn't bash its team routinely but sticks through it till its over. The only thing you stuck with is a routine of pessimistic posts that oozes faggotry all over this forum.

mavsfan1000
06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Shut the fuck up you closet Clippers fan. The only thing realistic about you is that dick stuck in your ass that makes you a whiney bandwagon fan bitch. A real fan doesn't bash its team routinely but sticks through it till its over. The only thing you stuck with is a routine of pessimistic posts that oozes faggotry all over this forum.
And we were winning with that formula. Why change it? Yes I maybe believed what I was saying at first. Later, I used it for good karma and didn't believe what I was typing. There is no formula for a real fan. So get off your high horse. You are no more of a fan than I am.

hehateme
06-16-2011, 01:39 PM
And we were winning with that formula. Why change it? Yes I maybe believed what I was saying at first. Later, I used it for good karma and didn't believe what I was typing. There is no formula for a real fan. So get off your high horse. You are no more of a fan than I am.

Winning with what forumla? Are you fucking jesus christ reincarnated all of a sudden and think your posts gave the team enigmatic abilities?

Holy shit you are all kinds of stupid rolled into one...tell me how did it taste to have that Miami cock in your mouth every game cause thats basically what you did. Next time remember to cup the balls and give a squeeze cause maybe that magic would have helped them in games 5/6.

By the way there is a forumla for a real fan and you definitely fall into the 'jump on the bandwagon only when they win' category.