PDA

View Full Version : Seriousleh... anybody a fan?

Chawaman
06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
http://youtu.be/izGwDsrQ1eQ

Dr. Gonzo
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
George Michael is the bomb.

CuckingFunt
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, it's no "Everything She Wants"...

Dr. Gonzo
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm glad he decided to dance again.

Spursfan092120
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
lol Sexy Sax guy...

Spursfan092120
06-14-2011, 09:12 PM
looking back..looking at that video..how did everybody NOT know that dude was gay?

redzero
06-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Obligatory:

GaoLU6zKaws

Drachen
06-15-2011, 12:21 AM
looking back..looking at that video..how did everybody NOT know that dude was gay?

Even without the knowledge of the time period, I would like to ask what it is that you see which leads you to believe he is gay (other than that you already know he is gay).

Nathan Explosion
06-15-2011, 12:36 AM
I think I may download this song just to make it my next ringtone.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Even without the knowledge of the time period, I would like to ask what it is that you see which leads you to believe he is gay (other than that you already know he is gay).

pIgZ7gMze7A

Drachen
06-15-2011, 01:55 AM

pIgZ7gMze7A

he wasn't talking about wake me up. However, even wake me up is ever so slightly defensible once you take the time period into consideration.

All I have to say is that knowing that he is gay makes all of the famous models that he had in most of his videos make more sense. (specifically too funky)

Technique
06-15-2011, 07:28 AM
E8gmARGvPlI

MaNuMaNiAc
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
he wasn't talking about wake me up. However, even wake me up is ever so slightly defensible once you take the time period into consideration.

All I have to say is that knowing that he is gay makes all of the famous models that he had in most of his videos make more sense. (specifically too funky)

Wake me up is just about the gayest video in a long history of gay videos. The Village People can't even beat that shit. Time period's got nothing to do with it :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 08:25 AM
They had some good tunes. Even George on his solo stuff.

Everything She Wants is the jam! The keyboard bass hits hard on that one.

Frenzy
06-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Wow how dated. Imagine music videos from now in 15-20 years.

Drachen
06-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Wake me up is just about the gayest video in a long history of gay videos. The Village People can't even beat that shit. Time period's got nothing to do with it :lol

I am just pointing out that the way that they are dressed can be found in many 80's movies that are set near a beach. (i.e. the "cool guys" have short shorts, loud pastel or neon colored t-shirts (or tank tops) and of course the obligatory zinc oxide).

As far as the dancing... it looks like the typical 80's dance (watch carlton, or any 80's black comic making fun of white people dancing).

Make no mistake, it looks really gay to me. I am just not sure that it would be obvious to people of THAT time (I was very young and didn't really notice those things at the time so I can't speak for myself).

SourCandy
06-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I am just pointing out that the way that they are dressed can be found in many 80's movies that are set near a beach. (i.e. the "cool guys" have short shorts, loud pastel or neon colored t-shirts (or tank tops) and of course the obligatory zinc oxide).

As far as the dancing... it looks like the typical 80's dance (watch carlton, or any 80's black comic making fun of white people dancing).

Make no mistake, it looks really gay to me. I am just not sure that it would be obvious to people of THAT time (I was very young and didn't really notice those things at the time so I can't speak for myself).

all your post needed was "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Or "I have many gay friends".

Drachen
06-15-2011, 09:45 AM

or "i have many gay friends".

lol.

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Never doubted he was gay from the very beginning....

He has a great voice and I thought it was just perfect when he sang with Queen for that old Freddie Mercury tribute, he could have stepped right in and carried Queen to further greatness. I never got why they went with Paul Rodgers instead; the one time I heard that it sounded like Bad Company playing a Queen tune---not at all like Queen.

of-7jmD7OxE

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Yacht Rock

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 10:06 AM

He has a great voice and I thought it was just perfect when he sang with Queen for that old Freddie Mercury tribute, he could have stepped right in and carried Queen to further greatness. I never got why they went with Paul Rodgers instead; the one time I heard that it sounded like Bad Company playing a Queen tune---not at all like Queen.

Maybe they wanted to sound more like Bad Company rather than Wham!.
<shrugs>

DarkReign
06-15-2011, 11:02 AM

of-7jmD7OxE

Holy shit, I never knew George Michael could sing like that. You are absolutely right, he could have stepped right in for Mercury.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Holy shit, I never knew George Michael could sing like that. You are absolutely right, he could have stepped right in for Mercury.

Possibly so, but Mercury is unmatched as a performer/showman.

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Well no one can replace Freddie Mercury, but I just think George Michael is a closer match (sound, style and theatrics) than Paul Rodgers.

Nathan Explosion
06-15-2011, 11:34 AM

There are some singers that just can't be duplicated with the range that they have. Mercury was one of them. Prince is another. NO ONE can cover a Prince song and come close to doing what he did.

This is the best example.

vE3Iw4ZLtIM

DarkReign
06-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I like Prince, but I now have this problem of every time I see a Purple Rain-era video, I cant help but bottle a hearty laugh. I blame the Chapelle Show.

Actually, I am going to watch that skit...again...right now.

DarkReign
06-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Im not a Queen fan by any stretch, but I put Mercury near the top of the list of rock singers. Amazing voice, unmatched stage presence, troublingly lame music.

Nathan Explosion
06-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I like Prince, but I now have this problem of every time I see a Purple Rain-era video, I cant help but bottle a hearty laugh. I blame the Chapelle Show.

Actually, I am going to watch that skit...again...right now.

At work I have to stock those super sweet high fructose corn syrup abominations that serve as drinks, and whenever I get the grape drink I think of Chappelle making fun of the Sunny Delight commercials.

uu7bv7Ce8-Q

It's so funny because it's true. That video actually has the commercial and look at the little black kid in the left corner. It looks like he's eyeing the purple drink.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Cherone would've been my choice for replacement.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Cherone would've been my choice for replacement.

Worked out well for Van Halen . . .

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Im not a Queen fan by any stretch, but I put Mercury near the top of the list of rock singers. Amazing voice, unmatched stage presence, troublingly lame music.

Interesting . . . I'm curious . . . can you give me a few examples of music that is not lame, guy with pro wrestler avatar (or is that the dude from Tool?)?

leemajors
06-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Interesting . . . I'm curious . . . can you give me a few examples of music that is not lame, guy with pro wrestler avatar (or is that the dude from Tool?)?

I don't care for Queen's music either. Judas Priest is much better imo, and they both had gay leads.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't care for Queen's music either. Judas Priest is much better imo, and they both had gay leads.

I like Priest and Queen, tbh. Although, Queen got pretty lame toward the end. Their early stuff is pretty boss. I don't see what gay has to with it though.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Worked out well for Van Halen . . .

They weren't Queen and the guy who did the theme music for
Hill Street Blues produced the album, so......

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 01:56 PM
well unless your in your teens right now, many of us who came of age in the '80s knew the dude was a fudge-packing son of a bytch. No man dances they way he dances in that wake me up before you go-go video. No way. I called him a fag back then.

with that said, dude could put out music
you faggot defending shitheads in here.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 01:59 PM
What?!

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 02:00 PM
What?!

My sentiment exactly ;)

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:03 PM

Ha. Give him hell, DR. :lol

leemajors
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I like Priest and Queen, tbh. Although, Queen got pretty lame toward the end. Their early stuff is pretty boss. I don't see what gay has to with it though.

they both had very flamboyant lead singers, that is all.

Viva Las Espuelas
What exactly is being "what!"ed?

ohmwrecker
Ha. Give him hell, DR. :lol

Are you familiar with the word sycophant?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:07 PM

I'd say they were both gay. I don't know about both being flamboyant.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 02:10 PM

I wouldn't call Halford "flamboyant". I wouldn't even characterize Mercury that way either.

Elton John? Sure.

leemajors
06-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't call Halford "flamboyant". I wouldn't even characterize Mercury that way either.

Elton John? Sure.

Halford has marched in leather at several gay pride parades, I thought that might qualify him as flamboyant.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Are you familiar with the word sycophant?

Lighten up, Flapjack. I'm speaking from experience over the same question you posed to him.

Spurminator
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Ff7IY1kPafM

If you ask me, this out-gays all of his other songs. Not sure if there's an official video.

Drachen
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Ff7IY1kPafM

If you ask me, this out-gays all of his other songs. Not sure if there's an official video.

Ok, Case closed. LOL

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
What exactly is being "what!"ed?

:lol I was just confused by Acme's post.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Halford has marched in leather at several gay pride parades, I thought that might qualify him as flamboyant.

I think he did that after he came out and I would think marching in a parade, be it gay or to celebrate Thanksgiving, wouldn't make one flamboyant. Maybe that's just me. <shrugs>

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 02:16 PM

When I think flamboyant, I think Liberace. Mercury, and especially Halford, had that kind of 70's macho-gay thing happening.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Lighten up, Flapjack. I'm speaking from experience over the same question you posed to him.

I'm just puzzled as to why someone would categorically define Queen as "lame" when they produced some undeniable kick ass rock 'n' roll.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm just puzzled as to why someone would categorically define Queen as "lame" when they produced some undeniable kick ass rock 'n' roll.

Different strokes.
Plus he likes Tool :lol

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
:lol I was just confused by Acme's post.

Nothing 2 be confused about maalox. i was just commenting on the faggotery that is George Michaels and that although he's a fag, he puts out great music.

Oh, and that I had my suspicions of him being a pole-smoker back in the 80's

that is all

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Nothing 2 be confused about maalox. i was just commenting on the faggotery that is George Michaels and that although he's a fag, he puts out great music.

that is all

I'm pretty sure you are not alone in that suspicion.

And again, what does being a "fag" have to do with anything?

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM

that is all

That wasn't the part that confused me.

Spurminator
06-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Queen had some pretty uneven albums. A lot of really great songs, but a lot of clunkers as well. I love Queen but I rarely listen to a whole album of theirs start to finish. One of the few bands I like that I can say that about.

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you are not alone in that suspicion.

And again, what does being a "fag" have to do with anything?

who cares that it doesn't have to do with anything?
He's a fag. He puts out great music. end of story

what's with the 20 questions?

TheManFromAcme
06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
That wasn't the part that confused me.

dear lord.....:wakeup

what confused you maalox?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Queen had some pretty uneven albums. A lot of really great songs, but a lot of clunkers as well. I love Queen but I rarely listen to a whole album of theirs start to finish. One of the few bands I like that I can say that about.

A Night at the Opera is great, start to finish, imho. Even before Wayne and Garth whored out Bohemian. That's one of my fav albums of all time. Maybe Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon, Love of My Life and Seaside Rendezvous aren't rock anthems but it works within the album. $.02

The 5.1 mix makes it even more awesomer

Spurminator
06-15-2011, 02:40 PM
"i'm in Love With My Car" kind of ruins that one for me.

Now that I think about it, though, Sheer Heart Attack is pretty solid.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Sure. Just blame the drummer.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Those are both solid, but The Game is the one for me. Fantastic pop record. There's maybe 2 meh songs on that record.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't call Halford "flamboyant".

S'pose it depends on one's definition of flamboyant, but he's been famous for dressing like a leather daddy for decades. Only reason he wasn't obviously gay to everyone is because so much of the Judas Priest audience likely isn't/wasn't familiar with gay culture.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Ff7IY1kPafM

I loved the fuck out of this song back when I was six.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM

I'm in this camp, as well. The Queen songs that I like are among my very favorites, but there is a lot of their stuff for which I have very little patience.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 05:39 PM
S'pose it depends on one's definition of flamboyant, but he's been famous for dressing like a leather daddy for decades. Only reason he wasn't obviously gay to everyone is because so much of the Judas Priest audience likely isn't/wasn't familiar with gay culture.

The one in whatever dictionary you have lying around ought to do.

It is funny that that one specific aspect of gay culture is so similar to metal culture. I suppose it shouldn't be analyzed too much . . .

I'm in this camp, as well. The Queen songs that I like are among my very favorites, but there is a lot of their stuff for which I have very little patience.

That seems to be the general consensus. There are a lot of bands I value for great songs over a long career rather than great albums. My favorite bands, however, seem to have both.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Top 5 Queen Songs:

1 Another One Bites The Dust
2 Killer Queen
3 Bohemian Rhapsody (I know, I know, Wayne's World, overplayed, blah, blah, blah . . . it's still badass)
4 Stone Cold Crazy
5 Fat Bottomed Girls

Anybody else?

CuckingFunt
06-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Speaking of Queen, one of the few covers of their stuff I've ever liked:

12haZt8OO-Y

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
dear lord.....:wakeup

what confused you maalox?

I guess "you faggot defending shitheads in here" just threw me.....

mrsmaalox
06-15-2011, 06:08 PM
My favorites are "Somebody To Love" and "Don't Stop Me Now". I wish I could discuss the albums, but honestly it's been sooo long since I've listened to any, I can't remember which songs are on which albums.

BlackSwordsMan
06-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Obligatory:

GaoLU6zKaws

Please tell me theres more

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Top 5 Queen Songs:

1 Another One Bites The Dust
2 Killer Queen
3 Bohemian Rhapsody (I know, I know, Wayne's World, overplayed, blah, blah, blah . . . it's still badass)
4 Stone Cold Crazy
5 Fat Bottomed Girls

Anybody else?

Ah. Their hits.

I see.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Ah. Their hits.

I see.

:rolleyes

We kind of already discussed how they are known more for individual songs instead of great LPs, so yeah . . . sometimes "hits" are hits for a reason. It's not like I am completely unfamiliar with the entirity of their catalogue, I just happen to like those the best.

Let's hear which deep LP cuts make your top 5, Rob Gordon.

Edit: I will give you sometime to peruse their Wiki page and some music snob sites, collect your thoughts, determine which mix of popular and obscure tracks will make you look cool and post them at your luxury.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe, after I tend to my 'roids. Just maybe.....