PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion of Wade now?

Jacob1983
06-14-2011, 09:15 PM
The media is either hating on Lebron or still jizzing and nut hugging on him. However, Wade hasn't really get any attention for his performance in this Finals. I think he was the Heat's MVP but I also think he isn't that powerful when he's going to the free throw line a 100 times in the Finals. Personally, I think this Finals hurts his reputation and legacy. He had Lebron and Bosh on his team this time but couldn't get it done. I think it proves that the free throws he got in 2006 and himself were the Co-MVPs of 2006. I really think Wade was thinking that this Finals against the Mavs was going to be a cake walk and that he expected to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs. Is Wade just a guy that made a lot of free throws during a 4 game stretch in the 2006 Finals?

DMC
06-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Same as always. Great player, needs a legit big. They will be in the Finals next year also, I predict. He's injury prone and that's going to be the snake eyes for Miami.

dirk4mvp
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Weird how he gets off the hook for missing a game typing FT with under a minute left, while something similar to that was the image of Dirk people had till this year.

DMC
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Weird how he gets off the hook for missing a game typing FT with under a minute left, while something similar to that was the image of Dirk people had till this year.
No, Dirk was up 2-0 and lost 4-2. It's not just one shot. Also, Dirk's image was before he rung, and Wade's is after he rung. It's cemented once you do it, makes it hard to call you a choker.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
It only matters what happened in the end. And Wade was awful in game 6. :D

dirk4mvp
06-14-2011, 09:24 PM
oh, 1 player decided that series?

Wade had the unanimous best player in the league and an all-star PF by his side.

Jacob1983
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Wade also got a technical foul in the series clinching game of this Finals. Hehehe. The bitch didn't get his free throws like he thought he was.

JoeTait75
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
He laid down and died with the rest of his team in Game 6. He's the franchise player on a team that meekly surrendered a title shot on its home court. His reputation and legacy ought to take a hit, imo.

mariners
06-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Great bball player however...

whiny, flopping follower

Jacob1983
06-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Or maybe he finally realized that the refs did help him in 2006 but weren't going to help him this time? He couldn't handle the pressure.

Ace
06-14-2011, 09:31 PM
oh, 1 player decided that series?

Wade had the unanimous best player in the league and an all-star PF by his side.

Played nothing resembling that...

Imo Wade deserves blame but mainly for not taking over and just taking the ball out of LeBron's hands.

Ace
06-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Anybody who watched the series saw how Wade did all he could to win the series. LeBron choked in key moments but he wasn't the only one. People are forgetting the many turnovers Bosh had late in games like he greased his hands with 2min to go...

mariners
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Anybody who watched the series saw how Wade did all he could to win the series. LeBron choked in key moments but he wasn't the only one. People are forgetting the many turnovers Bosh had late in games like he greased his hands with 2min to go...
well that and Wade's key turnovers in the clutch

frodo
06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
i really think wade is a good player tbh, and he already has a ring so losing da finals this year ain't no big loss for him imho

lol white dude from suburb dallas :lol

frodo
i really think wade is a good player tbh, and he already has a ring so losing da finals this year ain't no big loss for him imho

lol white dude from suburb dallas :lol

Ace
well that and Wade's key turnovers in the clutch

Wade blew one game but not the series. Like I said he deserves blame for letting LeBron choke the series away...

Findog
06-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Imo Wade deserves blame but mainly for not taking over and just taking the ball out of LeBron's hands.

Wade = Michael and LeBron = Namond.

"You ain't cut out for this."

Killakobe81
06-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Great player but it was his prancing on the 3 that Lebron punched his chest ... that led to that meltdown and ultimately their demise. Sure, he is proven and showed more stones than Bron ...but mocking dirk was the result of his "leadership" ...

He deserves blame here too, because if he is MJ and Lebron is Pippen ...how he doesnt wint when he also has Bosh? You cant throw Lebron under the bus without wade when this is supposedly "wades" team. If you do then it's Lebron's team, not Wade's ...

JamStone
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Wade couldn't take over in games 5 or 6 either. He was certainly the best player for the Heat overall for the Finals. But he is definitely not blameless. His missed free throw, that turnover on his foot, his poor game 6 overall. I agree he should take a hit as well. Not as much as LeBron, but Wade was pegged as the closer and the one who was going to take over to wrap up the title. He failed just like LeBron. And he should take some heat as well.

Findog
06-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Ironically I think Bosh's rep improved. He played well and deserved more responsibility than as a weak side release valve and mid-range zone buster. He didn't mock Dirk and eschewed all excuses in the post-game pressers. Nothing but REAL TALK from Bosh in this series.

mariners
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah I gained some respect for Bosh and Chalmers.

Ace
06-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Wade couldn't take over in games 5 or 6 either. He was certainly the best player for the Heat overall for the Finals. But he is definitely not blameless. His missed free throw, that turnover on his foot, his poor game 6 overall. I agree he should take a hit as well. Not as much as LeBron, but Wade was pegged as the closer and the one who was going to take over to wrap up the title. He failed just like LeBron. And he should take some heat as well.

He was hurt and not a 100%. Many here seem to believe he faked the injury but Wade wouldn't go through all that costing them the title for something so pointless. He wanted that title, his reaction at the end of game 6 says it all.

Ghazi
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
as Hollinger said... this Finals helped Dirk's legacy, hurt Lebron's legacy... Wade's remains unchanged.

Ace
06-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Ironically I think Bosh's rep improved. He played well and deserved more responsibility than as a weak side release valve and mid-range zone buster. He didn't mock Dirk and eschewed all excuses in the post-game pressers. Nothing but REAL TALK from Bosh in this series.

Bosh, at times looked lost or shell shocked in the moment but seem to bounce back. Next year having the experience now could help him. His vagina.. Well don't see that going anywhere...

NewcastleKEG
06-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Wade needed this title to start a Wade vs Kobe argument. He'll never have the ''Never lost in the Finals'' edge in the argument but eventually if they win 2 titles he will be in the discussion

daslicer
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
I would say one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that his defense sucked in this series. I saw so many times him leaving guys open. That to me was pretty disappointing.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
I would say one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that his defense sucked in this series. I saw so many times him leaving guys open. That to me was pretty disappointing.
Yeah he helps too much on defense and leaves his man open.

mariners
06-14-2011, 10:07 PM
He has never been a great defender, is way too agressive trying to make the home run play (helping from weakside too early and trying to intercept passes in particular) he also isn't great at rotating, Lebron and Chalmers are both much better defenders.

DMC
06-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Wade lobbied to get James brought in. Expecting him to take over when he's given that cry for help is ludicrous.

DMC
06-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Wade needed this title to start a Wade vs Kobe argument. He'll never have the ''Never lost in the Finals'' edge in the argument but eventually if they win 2 titles he will be in the discussion
No he won't.

Ace
06-14-2011, 10:13 PM
He has never been a great defender, is way too agressive trying to make the home run play (helping from weakside too early and trying to intercept passes in particular) he also isn't great at rotating, Lebron and Chalmers are both much better defenders.

Didn't watch the Boston series? Wade is a great defender always has been, at times he doesn't respect his man enough leaving them open to roam. I mean he has made All-Defensive 2nd team 3 times...

mariners
06-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Didn't watch the Boston series? Wade is a great defender always has been, at times he doesn't respect his man enough leaving them open to roam. I mean he has made All-Defensive 2nd team 3 times...
making all defensive team means nothing that is basically an offensive award that care about stats like steals and blocks, which are for the most part irrelevant. Wade when locked in is a very good 1 on 1 defender the problem is he "roams" around way too often

DMC
06-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Outside the big 3, the Heat really really suck. They need decent players. They should trade Lebron for a good center like Howard and a true PG who's not Bibby.

mariners
06-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Outside the big 3, the Heat really really suck. They need decent players. They should trade Lebron for a good center like Howard and a true PG who's not Bibby.
I doubt Orlando takes that trade.

DMC
06-14-2011, 10:21 PM
I doubt it as well.

Ace
06-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Trade won't happen mainly base off the fact they play in the same division. To say they don't take trade because its LeBron is a bit far fetched. If Howard says he's walking, LeBron is the best trade option. He choked but he will still sell...

TDomination
06-14-2011, 10:46 PM
I definitely liked wade a lot more before this year, now I think he's going to become more and more like lebron

Budkin
06-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Mocking Dirk for being sick made me lose all respect for him. What a fucking douchebag.

JamStone
06-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Wade does cheat a lot on defense. He has all the tools to be a great defender, and he is a great defender. But he also does put his team at a disadvantage at times by going for steals, trying to help inside and not recovering quickly enough to close on jumpshooters he's responsible for. He is a great shotblocker for a guard, but you'll also see him getting many of those blocks because he's out of position or he just got beat. Still a great defender. But I agree that he cheats too much to get steals and blocks. And their overall team defense does suffer sometimes because of that. As great a defensive team as the Heat were this season, they were ranked 22nd in opponent three point shooting on the regular season. They were third worst in the playoffs, allowing almost 40% from three point range. The Heat are so great defensively because they are so athletic on the perimeter. But therein is why they cheat so much, often leaving open jumpshooters on the other team.

Venti Quattro
06-14-2011, 10:57 PM
I respect him the most in the Big 3 because he's the champion, finals MVP and the one who stayed in Miami. But I really hated him in the Dallas series because being a bitch-ass loudmouth, which is a LeBron special, rubbed off on him. I give him credit for playing all-out though, unlike LeBron.

DMC
06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I've never liked the guy. He's a douche-bag. He's always been that way. He confuses elitism with confidence.

BlackSwordsMan
06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I feel bad for him. He signed on the dotted line thinking he was getting a comrade in battle instead he got a vagina with two legs

DMC
06-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I feel bad for him. He signed on the dotted line thinking he was getting a comrade in battle instead he got a vagina with two legs
Vaginas with 2 legs are the best kind.

dunkman
06-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Great player, but this time wasn't enough. The Heat roster isn't ready, the coaching is only average, and LeBron was invisible in the finals.

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 11:28 PM
I think LeBron's dickheadedness rubbed off on him.

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Wade is the only one of the 3 with ringage. He will always command respect.

And can we stop with the faggoty "06 was rigged" bullshit. No, the Mavs choked in 06. They choked just like the Heat did this year. That's about all there is to it.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Wade is the only one of the 3 with ringage. He will always command respect.

And can we stop with the faggoty "06 was rigged" bullshit. No, the Mavs choked in 06. They choked just like the Heat did this year. That's about all there is to it.
Wrong answer. Heat choked in 06 and the refs bailed them out.

Jacob1983
06-14-2011, 11:32 PM
I may be wrong or in the minority but I really think that Wade underestimated Dirk and the Mavs. I honestly believe he thought it was gonna be a cakewalk for him and the Superfriends. Wade was probably the best Heat player in the Finals but his weaknesses were really shown in this Finals. His outside game is average and he's a turn over machine.

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2011, 11:34 PM

:downspin:that shit bitch!

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I may be wrong or in the minority but I really think that Wade underestimated Dirk and the Mavs. I honestly believe he thought it was gonna be a cakewalk for him and the Superfriends. Wade was probably the best Heat player in the Finals but his weaknesses were really shown in this Finals. His outside game is average and he's a turn over machine.
Both Wade and James are low percentage 3 point shooters. It would make things so much easier for them if they could spread out the floor. A crowded middle makes it real hard to get inside.

dunkman
06-14-2011, 11:38 PM

Riley figured them out after the game 2, and they made key adjustments. Wade was playing incredible well too. The Mavs still had chances, but they choked.

Jacob1983
06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
The free throws do make a huge difference for Wade even if you aren't a Heat or Mavs fan. To me, Wade will always be the guy that shot a lot of free throws in a 4 game span. This time free throws came back to fuck Wade and his shitty overrated team. The refs basically tried to give the Heat game 6 and the Heat couldn't accept another gift from Stern's minions.

dunkman
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
After game 2, Nowitzki and the rest of the Mavs squad had difficulties making baskets down the stretch in 2006. Wade was playing extremely aggressive, driving frequently.

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
The free throws do make a huge difference for Wade even if you aren't a Heat or Mavs fan. To me, Wade will always be the guy that shot a lot of free throws in a 4 game span. This time free throws came back to fuck Wade and his shitty overrated team. The refs basically tried to give the Heat game 6 and the Heat couldn't accept another gift from Stern's minions.
Yeah, I made a mistake. What else is new? All the Dirk and Mav haters are jizzing tonight. I just took a xanax so I'm kind of mellowing down. And I've recently started to reconsider suicide. And before you bitch me out or call me a pussy, this has nothing to do with the Mavs. I'm miserable right now in my life and I'm starting to come to a breaking point. I'm stuck at a dead end job with shitty pay and I get treated like a piece of shit too there. No respect at all. I am a hopeless piece of shit and prick. I wasted 5 and a half years in college in the hopes of possibly getting a good paying job or at least a decent paying job. I've been stuck in retail for almost 3 years making a whopping 15K a year. How am I ever going to be happy making shitty money like that? Sorry for the rant, I think it's the xanax kicking in.

Jacob1983
06-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Like Spurs and Lakers fans love to say, I now have a ring. Hehehehehehe.

The Mavs have a ring now and no one not even bitter Spurs, Lakers, or Heat fans or evil Stern can take it away.

Wade showed us that his so-called Jordan like performance in 2006 was a fluke and it if weren't for the free throws, he would probably be a spare player right now.

namlook
06-15-2011, 01:34 AM
as Hollinger said... this Finals helped Dirk's legacy, hurt Lebron's legacy... Wade's remains unchanged.

People are going to remember how Wade arrogantly mocked a genuinely good guy in Dirk, thinking he had the series in the bag, and then Wade found out how Dirk's ass tasted. That's definitely a hit on Wade's legacy.

JoeTait75
06-15-2011, 07:08 AM
imo it's obvious Wade didn't respect Dirk going into this series. Thought he was a soft Euro POS.

He'd better respect him now.

Booharv
06-15-2011, 07:13 AM
imo it's obvious Wade didn't respect Dirk going into this series. Thought he was a soft Euro POS.

Why would you say that?

JoeTait75
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Why would you say that?

Just a sense. Could be bullshit.

Probably shouldn't have used the word "obvious."

Ice009
06-15-2011, 08:23 AM
I just thought of something - Pippen's comment on Lebron, could Pippen have said it as a kind of mind game? Lebron basically self destructed after Pippen said he may be the greatest ever.

Red Hawk #21
06-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Just a sense. Could be bullshit.

Probably shouldn't have used the word "obvious."

You're right. I have no doubt that Wade didn't respect Dirk, I'm also sure Dirk doesn't respect Wade either. Remember Dwyane Wade's comments in 07? "Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year, But he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments." When I think of that comment, and then Wade and Lebron mocking Dirk's fever, it becomes pretty obvious he has no respect for him.

If you look at it from Dirk's perspective, the 2006 Finals gave him an unfair reputation as a choker and it must have brought so much pain to him personally. People look at that series and say Dirk didn't come up clutch, but he always did (Apart from the missed free-throw in game 3). He always hit big shots while being hacked by Haslem, while Wade would jump into defenders for Gamewinning FT's. I can see exactly why Dirk would hate Wade, the man flopped his way to a championship and hurt Dirk's career in the process. No wonder Dirk didn't say anything to him after getting his revenge and championship.

Ace
06-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Like Spurs and Lakers fans love to say, I now have a ring. Hehehehehehe.

The Mavs have a ring now and no one not even bitter Spurs, Lakers, or Heat fans or evil Stern can take it away.

Wade showed us that his so-called Jordan like performance in 2006 was a fluke and it if weren't for the free throws, he would probably be a spare player right now.

Doesn't change the fact you are piss poor working at a dead end job...

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Doesn't change the fact you are piss poor working at a dead end job...

Shouldn't you and your horribly unfunny takes be moving along now?

Booharv
06-15-2011, 09:48 AM
ohmwrecker thinks he's funny?

JoeTait75
06-15-2011, 09:48 AM
If you look at it from Dirk's perspective, the 2006 Finals gave him an unfair reputation as a choker and it must have brought so much pain to him personally. People look at that series and say Dirk didn't come up clutch, but he always did (Apart from the missed free-throw in game 3). He always hit big shots while being hacked by Haslem, while Wade would jump into defenders for Gamewinning FT's. I can see exactly why Dirk would hate Wade, the man flopped his way to a championship and hurt Dirk's career in the process. No wonder Dirk didn't say anything to him after getting his revenge and championship.

No love lost between the two, it seems. Or between the two franchises, for that matter.

Ace
06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Shouldn't you and your horribly unfunny takes be moving along now?

It was a fact, not meant to be funny. Shouldn't you and your swollen vagina be upstairs in the think tank?

dirk4mvp
06-15-2011, 10:05 AM
It was a fact, not meant to be funny. Shouldn't you and your swollen vagina be upstairs in the think tank?

:lmao think tank

joshdaboss
06-15-2011, 10:06 AM
The media is either hating on Lebron or still jizzing and nut hugging on him. However, Wade hasn't really get any attention for his performance in this Finals. I think he was the Heat's MVP but I also think he isn't that powerful when he's going to the free throw line a 100 times in the Finals. Personally, I think this Finals hurts his reputation and legacy. He had Lebron and Bosh on his team this time but couldn't get it done. I think it proves that the free throws he got in 2006 and himself were the Co-MVPs of 2006. I really think Wade was thinking that this Finals against the Mavs was going to be a cake walk and that he expected to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs. Is Wade just a guy that made a lot of free throws during a 4 game stretch in the 2006 Finals?

I find it funny that Mavfan would be whining about free throws, when the referees are the only reason they have a championship.

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 10:08 AM

:lmao "swollen vagina" . . . "think tank" . . . classic

DAF86
06-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Hurt and all I think he was the best player in the series, if the Heat would have won everybody would be on his dick right now, I'm sure some even saying that he's the best player in the world and stuff like that. To me he remains where he was, top 3 player in the NBA.

Ghazi
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
joshdaboss mad as fuck :lmao

and :lol Manu > Dirk

Ace
06-15-2011, 10:29 AM
:cry :cry grey for life :cry :cry

DAF86
06-15-2011, 10:32 AM

So now you get mad when I talk about another player?

joshdaboss
06-15-2011, 10:35 AM
joshdaboss mad as fuck :lmao

If I had to pick a #2 for Duncan, in their primes, I'm taking Ginobili every time and thrice on Sunday.

Ghazi
06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
If I had to pick a #2 for Duncan, in their primes, I'm taking Ginobili every time and thrice on Sunday.

:lol:lol

joshdaboss
06-15-2011, 10:45 AM
:lol:lol

No idea what's funny about that. Manu can impact the game without scoring, in a ton of ways. The same can't be said for Dirk.

Bill_Brasky
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Are we gonna have to do ring count with Manu/Dirk? :)

OH wait Cuban might not get them rings, so technically Mavs may remain ringless haha

Amaso
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Think Wade made a case that he's on Lebron's level if not higher. Established himself as the alpha dog on the Heat. Wade also moved a couple of spots on my all-time list as well. He had a good finals series, but I don't want to overreact because it seemed like Dallas was going to let Wade get his. The finals just reinforces my thoughts on how it's hard to determine exactly who's the best player in the league... I think you could legitimately make a case for these guys, while in the past it was Kobe or James

rose
kobe
james
wade
howard
dirk

The one thing about Wade though is he's hurt more frequently than the other superstars.

jag
06-15-2011, 03:24 PM
He was hurt and not a 100%. Many here seem to believe he faked the injury but Wade wouldn't go through all that costing them the title for something so pointless. He wanted that title, his reaction at the end of game 6 says it all.

:lol

DAF86
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Think Wade made a case that he's on Lebron's level if not higher. Established himself as the alpha dog on the Heat. Wade also moved a couple of spots on my all-time list as well. He had a good finals series, but I don't want to overreact because it seemed like Dallas was going to let Wade get his. The finals just reinforces my thoughts on how it's hard to determine exactly who's the best player in the league... I think you could legitimately make a case for these guys, while in the past it was Kobe or James

rose
kobe
james
wade
howard
dirk

The one thing about Wade though is he's hurt more frequently than the other superstars.

:lmao Neither deserves a top 5 mention right now, I don't even know if they are top 10.

Red Hawk #21
06-15-2011, 08:43 PM

rose
kobe
james
wade
howard
dirk

Rose shot a whopping 6% with Lebron guarding him in the ECF. Kobe only had 1 layup and 0 dunks while his team got swept by the Mavs. That alone speaks for itself.

Sean Cagney
06-15-2011, 10:26 PM

I agree with this here.

Jacob1983
06-15-2011, 11:11 PM
It's unfair to Lecrab to say that Wade's legacy remains unchanged after this Finals. He should be taking some of the blame because he was suppose to be the next Jordan after the 2006 Finals.

Heat fans just mad that Lebron is still ringless. Brian Cardinal has more rings than Lebron. :lol

Joey Gallo
06-15-2011, 11:14 PM
It's unfair to Lecrab to say that Wade's legacy remains unchanged after this Finals. He should be taking some of the blame because he was suppose to be the next Jordan after the 2006 Finals.

Heat fans just mad that Lebron is still ringless. Brian Cardinal has more rings than Lebron. :lol

Wade WAS playing at a finals MVP level. With NO help from LeBron in the 4th quarter, he can't be expected to beat Dallas 1 on 5 again like in 06.

Jacob1983
06-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Wade was an idiot for letting Lebron join "his" team. When you have two ball hogs like Wade and Lebron on the same team, what the fuck do you expect? Lebron obviously had an identity crisis. He was the man on the Cavs but when he came to the Heat, it was a different story. He was use to that. I think that messed him up in the head a little a bit and hurt his self confidence.

Joey Gallo
06-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Wade was an idiot for letting Lebron join "his" team. When you have two ball hogs like Wade and Lebron on the same team, what the fuck do you expect? Lebron obviously had an identity crisis. He was the man on the Cavs but when he came to the Heat, it was a different story. He was use to that. I think that messed him up in the head a little a bit and hurt his self confidence.

Agree. I just don't see them ever coexisting. It was so obvious in the finals LeBron needs to dominate the ball, and we saw what happened. LeBron to Orlando for Dwight at the deadline.

Jacob1983
06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Or maybe Bosh to Orlando?