PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Interview

1Parker1
06-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Game One and first win against Detroit. What did you think about the game ?

We have had a slow start (17-4 after six minutes). I think that our eight days of rest are the explanation. To the opposite, it helped us for the end of the game. Detroit was out of breath while we still had some energy. When Detroit led by 13 points in the first quarter, we did not panicked. During the time-outs we kept on saying the game lasts 48 minutes and we had some time to get back in the score. It is not a sprint, it is a marathon. The entire series will be like that. It will be long and not get carried away, it is only one game.

What did you think about your game ?

There was a bit of waste (15 points at 7/17, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 lost balls). Like my teammates, I lacked rhythm at the beginning of the game. In the third quarter I put in a few shots that enabled me to get some confidence. I think that this can help me for Game 2. Chauncey Billups played well. He put in some shots at the start of the game. The most important is that the win is there.

Tonight, the prime-time-player was Manu Ginobili (26 points at 10/16)...

He had a huge game tonight. He put in the most important shots in the 4rt quarter. H took over for Tim (Duncan). They both helped us a lost towards the end of the game. As always, Tim had an MVP night (24 points, 17 rebounds). Personally, I think he will play like this the length of the series.

Glenn Robinson who is not famous for his defense surprised everyone.

He did not have a lot of minutes on the court (6 minutes) but he used them well (3 blocks, 3 rebounds and 2 points). To defend is San Antonio’s mentality. If Glenn does not defend, he knows that Pop will send him back on the bench.

What do you expect for Sunday’s game 2 ?

I will be the same as today, a very physical game. Defense will be the keyword in the final. It won’t be pretty to see... We will often see scores in the 80 to 75. Each possession will be important. The team that will handle the pressure the best and that will take the good selected shots will win the finals. I think, Detroit will play better on Sunday. Hamilton and Rasheed Wallace have not had a very good game and they will wake up.

You do not think that San Antonio has more offensives solutions than Detroit ?

We need not to get carried away. We have the made the important shots tonight but we never know what will happen in Game 2.

www.tp9.net

angel_luv
06-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi Parker... long time no see

1Parker1
06-10-2005, 11:56 PM
awww, hi Angel! I miss talking to u in chat!

angel_luv
06-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm there now... come in! () = )

1Parker1
06-11-2005, 12:02 AM
LOL. Ok, midnight chat :)

ducks
06-11-2005, 09:04 AM
TP PREDICTS manu will play like game one all series

RobinsontoDuncan
06-11-2005, 09:34 AM
was he predicting Manu or Tim would play like that all series?