06-15-2011, 08:47 PM
:lol:rollin

2UFc1pr2yUU

4>0rings
06-15-2011, 09:42 PM
lol that nigga blockin his quinoa

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Saw this yesterday. Pretty funny. Guess its going viral.

DPG21920
06-15-2011, 09:59 PM
He ripped my idea for a "Central Market" rap.

"Rolling up 6 deep, Central Market time
hope you grabbed a number, get ya ass in line
Should I get pasta salad or some clementines
What ya know I'm next, num-ber 69"

"You know how we do it in CM gettin' freebies
Eating natural nuts, so get off of deez
Spilled a foreign beer, now there's a man down
I think I'll grab papaya, 4 bucks a pound"

Frenzy
06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
He's no 50 tyson.

symple19
06-15-2011, 11:00 PM
:lmao "pay my 80 bucks for 6 things and get the heck out"

pretty funny

Whole foods is a giant scam, imhfo

RGMCSE
06-15-2011, 11:36 PM

pretty funny

Whole foods is a giant scam, imhfo

It's funny cause it's true. One time I was on my way to meet my homie at the Quarry golf club for a round and I didn't have any cash on me so I had to go to Whole Foods to buy some beer with my Amex card. Fucking Michelob Ultra 12 pack was like $25 bucks. :downspin:

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Can't believe you just admitted to buying Michelob Ultra much less overpaying for it.

Whole foods is good for certain things, but overrall there's a reason its got the nickname whole paycheck.

InRareForm
06-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Whole Foods is good knowing they don't have any items that contain Gluten. Worth the cost if you want to look at it that way..

CuckingFunt
06-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I absolutely love Whole Foods when I want/need something Whole Foods-y. Something for a nice dinner, snacks for a nice party, fancy cheese, quick bottle of wine on the way to someone's house, etc.; for that stuff, Whole Foods is invaluable. Know people who shop there almost exclusively, though, and I just can't fathom why.

There are also things that they sell in the Whole Foods here that are just flat out stupid. They apparently feel compelled to offer fresh andouille sausage at the deli counter here just because it's New Orleans, but their hippie/yuppie low fat organic whatever variety was laughably unappealing.

Andrew Cunanan
06-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Why do you people even break your pockets at Whole Foods? Just walk in, take what you want, and calmly walk out. Chat up the parking lot attendant/security guard too if you're feeling squirrely. They don't notice and they will not stop you. Before you all go apeshit with the legalities and moral authority schtick, realize this is Whole Foods we're talking about. A vastly overpriced grocery store for rich yuppies and hippies.

Back in 2004 I lived Arlington, VA and there was a Whole Foods in the Clarendon area (or right off Clarendon Blvd). Not sure if it's still there, but I would go there everyday for lunch, pick out what I wanted, and walk out. Some days I would grab some Lobster Bisque, and Orangina (gay sparkling orange juice) and just eat it in the pseudo-cafeteria there. Once a week buy something small there, like 10 oz bottle of pommegranate juice (should only cost you $15) so the cashier's know you're legit when you walk around them the next day.

Whole Foods has a nice beer selection too, so every weekend I would grab two 6-packs of whatever I hadn't tried and just walk right out. I saved so much money every month b/c food was no longer an expense. Unfortunately, I spent what I had saved at Four Quarts, Ragtime, Dr. Dremo's, or any of the other myriad of yuppie bars in that yuppie town.

When I moved back down to Miami last year I noticed there was a Whole Foods close by...lo and behold you can pull the same charade there too.

Just walk out the door and enjoy the savings.

Sisk
06-16-2011, 01:03 AM
:tu

ginobili's bald spot
06-16-2011, 04:22 AM
Whole foods is badass. Obviously you don't want to do all your shopping there but it's good for certain healthy versions of shit that you can't get other places.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Hopefully we get a Trader Joe's here one of these days.

DisAsTerBot
06-16-2011, 09:06 AM
:lol whole foods

go to the farmers market if you want to be a white vegan bitch

lol, yeah cause they dont sell meat at farmers markets :rolleyes

RGMCSE
06-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Can't believe you just admitted to buying Michelob Ultra much less overpaying for it.

Whole foods is good for certain things, but overrall there's a reason its got the nickname whole paycheck.

I mentioned it on purpose because I new some smart ass hopster was gonna have a damn stroke after I mentioned it. If im on the golf course I'm not trying to get smashed trying to drink some fancy shit like Speckled Hen or some bull shit like that. Thats for lounging and toking a cigar which I'm down with but in the right setting. Let me guess you only drink beer that has been fermented in a moose's ass for 2 years and is served in the Slovenian equivalent of a mason jar, right?

MannyIsGod
06-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Hopefully we get a Trader Joe's here one of these days.

Overrated tbh. I live a block from one and never go.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
I mentioned it on purpose because I new some smart ass hopster was gonna have a damn stroke after I mentioned it. If im on the golf course I'm not trying to get smashed trying to drink some fancy shit like Speckled Hen or some bull shit like that. Thats for lounging and toking a cigar which I'm down with but in the right setting. Let me guess you only drink beer that has been fermented in a moose's ass for 2 years and is served in the Slovenian equivalent of a mason jar, right?

:lmao

No dude, I just think the shit you bought is some of the funniest crap I've ever heard of. Diet watered down beer, and you overpaid for it. Props!

DPG21920
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm lucky that I live within half a mile of a WF & CM. It's nice to be able to go to these places when you want something a little different.

DMX7
06-16-2011, 11:56 AM

pretty funny

It's way too expensive, and I'm not usually one to complain about prices.

Sense
06-16-2011, 12:19 PM
It's funny cause it's true. One time I was on my way to meet my homie at the Quarry golf club for a round and I didn't have any cash on me so I had to go to Whole Foods to buy some beer with my Amex card. Fucking Michelob Ultra 12 pack was like $25 bucks. :downspin:

Seriously? Michelob Ultra?

I find this to be pretty funny.. Whole foods might be expensive.. but the beer selection is pretty awesome. Anyone willing to buy that crap deserves to pay that much for it. I go there all the time, and while it might be pricier than most.. it's usually 1 or 2 dollars tops.

baseline bum
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Know people who shop there almost exclusively, though, and I just can't fathom why.

It's the Grey Goose effect; if it costs more, it has to be better.

InRareForm
06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
What are some good beers to try at WHole Foods?

ChumpDumper
06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Overrated tbh. I live a block from one and never go.I went all the time when I lived in Santa Barbara.

InRareForm
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I went all the time when I lived in Santa Barbara.

You lived in SB? Which one did you go to State street? I hate TJ's because they are usually too small, and everyone is moving frantically and you have to play Frogger just to do simple shopping.

CuckingFunt
06-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I miss Trader Joe's. I especially miss the Trader Joe's that my mom went to all the time when I was a kid in Pasadena. It was huge and, at the time, too hippie/funky to attract the annoying wannabe gourmet crowd.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
You lived in SB? Which one did you go to State street? I hate TJ's because they are usually too small, and everyone is moving frantically and you have to play Frogger just to do simple shopping.Yeah, either Milpas or Calle Real, depending on where I lived at the time. I developed a bunch of favorite staples, so getting in and out quickly wasn't a problem. Wasn't my main source of groceries, but it had decent prices for not so run-of-the-mill stuff.

clambake
06-16-2011, 01:58 PM
exactly what items do you miss. i've never really been impressed with trader joe's. what am i missing here?

xXx
06-16-2011, 01:59 PM
$12 dollars for a 12 pack of that shit is ridiculous, i can't fathom $25.

symple19
06-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I never went to Trader Joe's or WF when I lived in Cali. I was more than happy with Safeway and a local market (Sonoma Market) when shopping. And for Beer/Booze, I went to muthafuckin' BevMo. Lol buying your alcohol @ WF

Here in Kentucky I've got Kroger and Liquor Barn (a poor man's BevMo, but still huge w/ great selection). I'm cool with that. There is a WF knockoff here called Fresh Market, but no way would I ever shop there

My problem with Whole Foods and other places like it is that they overprice everything just because they can. Who shops there? Skinny, rich, white people who would find their healthy foods regardless of whether WF was there or not.

Who needs to eat more healthy food? Fat, white trash and fat, ghetto, brown people. Can they afford places like WF??? No. They've essentially priced out lower income people so that yoga instructors and Benzo driving soccer moms can shop in peace and be "seen". It's an elitist cesspool, as the video so wonderfully points out.

Additionally, WF tends to force locally owned boutique markets out when they move into a town, since they certainly aren't pulling much business away from Wal-Mart or the larger grocery store chains. This was happening in Sonoma when I moved a few years ago.

In summation, fuck Whole Foods, I'll spend with a local market or a regular grocery store every time instead

I. Hustle
06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Aaaaawwwwww shit fool
I feel an HEB rap coming up.

I. Hustle
06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Double up.

RGMCSE
06-16-2011, 04:05 PM
:lol at all the appalled, higher than thou hopster attitudes. Ok you guys have shamed me, I have been exiled from the beer isle at my local Whole foods and gucci B for overpaying for shitty beer. Fuck outta here with that shit! i'll continue to buy what the hell i feel like. And I'll over pay for it too. You know why? Cause I can bitches!

RandomGuy
06-16-2011, 05:29 PM
:lol:rollin

2UFc1pr2yUU

Comedy gold. Awesome.

Agloco
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Smooth.

:tu

DPG21920
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
I miss Trader Joe's. I especially miss the Trader Joe's that my mom went to all the time when I was a kid in Pasadena. It was huge and, at the time, too hippie/funky to attract the annoying wannabe gourmet crowd.

No offense, but isn't it very hipster/elitist to scoff shoppers of WF's because they are "annoying wannabe gourmet crowd" members :lol? What does that even mean?

CuckingFunt
06-16-2011, 06:23 PM
No offense, but isn't it very hipster/elitist to scoff shoppers of WF's because they are "annoying wannabe gourmet crowd" members :lol? What does that even mean?

I didn't mention Whole Foods in the post you quoted.

I was talking about Trader Joe's in the 1980s, before being a foodie got to be so popular. When I was a kid, my mom shopped at Trader Joe's specifically because it was cheap and funky. It still sold the same types of products, but had a completely different atmosphere than it does now.

DPG21920
06-16-2011, 06:25 PM
So now you don't shop there because it's popular? Sounds kind of hipster-ish.

CuckingFunt
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM
So now you don't shop there because it's popular? Sounds kind of hipster-ish.

What are you talking about? I don't shop at Trader Joe's because it's been four years since I lived in a city that had one.

And I mentioned on the first page that I shop at Whole Foods often, just not exclusively.

InRareForm
06-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Great article on trader joe history, tactics, marketing, etc.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/20/news/companies/inside_trader_joes_full_version.fortune/index.htm

DMC
06-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I catch or kill everything I eat, almost always before I eat it.

mouse
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
I went all the time when I lived in Santa Barbara.

But would you go there now!

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fish-radiation.jpg?w=400

mouse
06-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I catch or kill everything I eat, almost always before I eat it.

How many Men have you murdered?

ChumpDumper
06-17-2011, 05:06 AM
But would you go there now!

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fish-radiation.jpg?w=400Yes, dumbass.

pawe
06-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Whole foods, AJ's, Sprouts and Trader Joes are full of hot chicks. This is the only thing I enjoy when I get something from these places.

Dex
06-17-2011, 12:27 PM
We can't talk about overpriced groceries and not knock Randall's. I don't want to have to be a member of some special club just NOT to get raped for a gallon of milk.

I. Hustle
06-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Lol Randalls is nasty. Isn't that where they always find expired stuff?

Dex
06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Lol Randalls is nasty. Isn't that where they always find expired stuff?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/retrohamster/4958858600/#/

At least it's marked down? :lmao