Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan
Rafael "Sapo" Natal vs. Paul Bradley

dbreiden83080
06-16-2011, 10:51 AM
This might be Rich's last fight..

Stringer_Bell
06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
This might be Rich's last fight..

The Lil Nog experiment is also in danger. He's been pretty useless in the division, and unless he can make this one exciting AND win I don't see how he has anywhere to go in the UFC.

The TroutBum
06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Phil Davis vs. Rashad Evans -- WHO CARES? Evens is going to walk right through Davis. /yawn.
Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira -- WHO CARES? I love Ace, but really? This fight has ZERO ramifications on anything, and the loser is likely done for. /yawn.
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort -- WHO FUCKING CARES? Fuck anything that has to do with Vitor 'Please Don't Push Kick Me In The Face' Belfag.
Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara -- AGAIN, WHO CARES? Argh, two worthless losers fighting for... what? Just to finish off their contracted fights so the UFC can dump them? /big fucking yawn.
Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle -- SERIOUSLY? *shakes tiny fist* I HATE this card.

Easily the shittiest PPV card in a long while. I can't fathom how anyone can give a shit about any of those fights. The prelims, on the other hand, actually have a few gems.

PRELIMINARY CARD

Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya - I love watching the old WEC guys go at it. I've always been a fan of Yahya. His stand up has improved and his BJJ is world class.
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko - I'm only going with The Impaler because Gustafsson is a bitch-ass trick.
Riki Fukuda vs. Rafael "Sapo" Natal - When in doubt, go with the guy who has, 'FUCK YOU' in his name.
Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan - Is this really what Mike Brown has been reduced to? Poor bastard. I hope he WRECKS Nam Phan.

ace3g
06-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Replacement Costantinos Phillippou meets Rafael "Sapo" Natal at UFC 133 http://bit.ly/ljhLzY

ace3g
07-01-2011, 08:15 AM
VZG1pu_Jz68&feature=player_embedded

Stand
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm surprised someone actually thinks this is a bad card. It has been a while since we have had a card with so many "names". And I wouldn't be so quick to count out Phil Davis.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-01-2011, 04:08 PM
another snoozer, the UFC needs a weekly show or something like that, with all these lame cards they are putting together and how much the charge, and i'm a true fan of MMA not just a casual fan but it drives me nuts how much they expect you to pay for every card they release

The TroutBum
07-01-2011, 04:27 PM
another snoozer, the UFC needs a weekly show or something like that, with all these lame cards they are putting together and how much the charge, and i'm a true fan of MMA not just a casual fan but it drives me nuts how much they expect you to pay for every card they release

Agreed. Take the hay-day of the WWF/WCW (I know, but bare with me), they had weekly free shows, Monday Night Raw and Monday Nitro. These were the shows that hyped up the matches, showed us new personalities, etc. It all led up to the big finale, the PPV. I can't stand pro wrestling, but the model seemed to work for them, and I don't see how it wouldn't work for MMA. Imagine how many casual fans and even non-fans would become interested and more hardcore fans if they actually had an interesting hour per week to sit and watch?

ace3g
07-10-2011, 07:18 PM
aE7Dpx0ytx0&feature=player_embedded

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
UFCs fight quality is spotty at best. im with Stand, the names make it a good card. i have already learned not to expect quality fighting from DW and UFC. hell i stumbled upon some *supposedly live M1 last night and it was the shit. then later last night i saw on channel 4 in SA, some pretty good fighting. it was XFC IIRC. that was at like 2 am. soon there wont be any options to UFC and its gonna suck cause by then itll be WWE. poor strikeforce, was my last real hope.to me ufc is dallas cowboys status, until they get a new owner im not on the wagon. not tryin to hate on UFC , just sayin. rant over

ace3g
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Breaking news: Injury Forces Phil Davis Out of UFC 133 Main Event -- http://ow.ly/5CYva

Lyoto Machida to Replace Injured Phil Davis, Will Meet Rashad Evans at UFC 133 http://sbn.to/mYjlFs

MikeChiappetta Mike Chiappetta MMA
I just asked Dana White if Lyoto accepted the fight. His answer: "No, and Tito turned it down." There is no replacement yet. #UFC133

MikeChiappetta Mike Chiappetta MMA
I just want to clarify something. Machida hasn't declined the fight. But he hasn't accepted it yet either. They're waiting on him.

The TroutBum
07-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Machida would be AWESOME, and LOL at Tito -- what a fucking bitch.

dbreiden83080
07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Looks like Machida is being talked into it..

Should happen

Great fight..

dbreiden83080
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Tito -- what a fucking bitch.

STFU

He didn't even fight 2 weeks ago.. He supposed to fight Shad coming off a hard camp on 3 weeks notice..

He'd be a retard saying yes to that..

dbreiden83080
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
MikeChiappettaMike Chiappetta MMA

I think UFC will find a way to make Evans-Machida happen. That is my hunch. Take that for what it's worth.

desflood
07-13-2011, 09:03 AM
MikeChiappettaMike Chiappetta MMA

I think UFC will find a way to make Evans-Machida happen. That is my hunch. Take that for what it's worth.
Oh, there's no doubt. Machida's probably already decided to take the fight and is just holding out for a higher payday - which is what all of us would do in the same situation. He knows the UFC needs him to salvage this main event, he's got a family to take care of, and now that he's hit his thirties his fighting career is time-limited. He'll sign after they offer him another 50k and a big win bonus. And he will win.

strosFan2
07-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah Tito was smart, he wouldn't want to lose after he is on this high on winning! Evans would make him look old and slow.

Machida is a good match up and gives Rashad the chance to revenge his only loss.

desflood
07-13-2011, 10:51 AM
MMAjunkie says Machida took the fight, BloodyElbow says he didn't (and won't). Conflicting reports everywhere.

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Machida likely takes it.. They gotta have someone fight Shad in 3 weeks.. Machida is the best option in terms of promotion..

ace3g
07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Most of the links now are supporting that Machida has declined the offer (not enough time to prepare and possibly not getting a title shot if he won)

One of the MMA media guys on twitter also asked if possibly Franklin would fight Evans (since he he is on the same card) but Dana said no; so mystery continues.

Honestly before I thought of Machida, my first idea was moving up Alexander Gustafsson to the main card to fight Evans, since they are on the same card, and I'm sure Alex was helping Davis prepare for Evans.

polandprzem
07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
:pctoss

How many more injuries will happen?

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 01:06 PM
What an awful mess.. Davis better be hurt real bad to pull out of this fight with just 3 weeks left.. 6 weeks would have been no problem but just 3 has almost any viable top contender that is available saying no..

ace3g
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Someone online suggested maybe using the "talents" over at Strikeforce ...

Rashad Evans Comments on UFC 133, Machida, Tito and Makes His Pick for Bones vs. Rampage http://ht.ly/5DNIU #UFC @UFC @SugaRashadEvans

strosFan2
07-13-2011, 06:25 PM
from danawhite twitter:
Get ready philly for Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz!!! Aug 6th LIVE on PPV at the Wells Fargo Center!!!!!!

The TroutBum
07-13-2011, 06:29 PM
from danawhite twitter:
Get ready philly for Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz!!! Aug 6th LIVE on PPV at the Wells Fargo Center!!!!!!

IF this is true, it will be the first time I root for that block headed faggot. He will, at the very least, have my respect for taking the fight. Hell, I'd probably pick him to win as well.

strosFan2
07-13-2011, 06:31 PM
For the picks! Here are mine.

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz
Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort
Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya
PRELIMINARY CARD
Brian Ebersole vs. Dennis Hallman
Ivan Menjivar vs. Nick Pace
Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce
Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan
Rafael "Sapo" Natal vs. Costantinos Phillippou

strosFan2
07-13-2011, 06:32 PM
IF this is true, it will be the first time I root for that block headed faggot. He will, at the very least, have my respect for taking the fight. Hell, I'd probably pick him to win as well.

pick him to win? I wouldn't go that far! Major respect for taking the fight, but no chance IMO

Red Hawk #21
07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
from danawhite twitter:
Get ready Philly for The Destruction of Tito Ortiz at the Hands of Rashad Evans!!! Aug 6th LIVE on PPV at the Wells Fargo Center!!!!!!

fify

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Mistake to take this fight on Tito's part because he has so little chance to win (Although i am still picking him) :lol

But man what a warrior.. MMA Legend 4 life The Huntington Beach Bad Boy!!!

strosFan2
07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
White: Machida reneged on UFC 133 committment; Ortiz's job no longer on line http://bit.ly/pqnV7j

Good explanation of what happened from the boss himself..kinda

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
White: Machida reneged on UFC 133 committment; Ortiz's job no longer on
line

According to UFC president Dana White, Tito Ortiz wasn't the only light heavyweight to have a recent change of heart.

White today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Lyoto Machida initially agreed to replace Phil Davis and fight Rashad Evans at UFC 133 before balking and demanding "Anderson Silva money" to step in on short notice.

Instead, Tito Ortiz agreed to take the bout, and White said he earned himself a reprieve – and possibly a big rankings jump in the 205-pound division – by stepping after initially deciding against a quick return to action.

"Machida accepted the fight," White told MMAjunkie.com. "We knew for a couple days this was going down, and Machida accepted the fight. Then when we called back and said, 'OK, we're going to make this fight,' Machida's people came back and said, 'We'll tell you what. You pay us what you pay Anderson Silva, and we'll take the fight.' This was after they had already agreed to take the fight.

"I said, 'Are you [expletive] kidding me? I'll tell you what. You tell Machida he achieves what [expletive] Anderson Silva has achieved, then maybe he'll make Anderson Silva money. Have a nice day.'"

According to White, Machida's camp made it clear there was no fear or concern in the matchup. Instead, their strategy all came down to financial promises.

"They said, 'Machida will fly out there tomorrow if you pay him what you pay Anderson Silva,'" White said. "They said they do the deal, then I call back to make it and what's what they said."

White admitted he was frustrated at the surprising turn of events. With many top light heavyweights currently booked for high-profile fights, the UFC appeared to have few options for the UFC 133 main event, but Ortiz re-entered the picture shortly after declining the fight.

"Tito turned it down, and then Tito called back and said, 'Did you get the fight yet?'" White said. "I said, 'Nope.' He goes, 'Let me think about it. Let me talk to my team, and I'll call you back tomorrow.' This was Tuesday night."

And though Ortiz today told MMAjunkie.com he was comfortable remaining on the sidelines, he called White and said he was ready to compete.

"I think it's a big fight for Tito," White said. "I think he's got a lot of momentum after winning that last fight. Evans was in line for a shot. Tito is now fighting a guy he went to a draw with and who hasn't fought in a year-and-a-half."

And while White openly admitted prior to Ortiz's UFC 132 contest that a loss would mean his release from the UFC, the UFC boss said that will not be the case at UFC 133. In fact, not only is Ortiz's career not on the line – he may actually find himself in title-shot discussions should he upset Evans.

"[Expletive] right, he gets a break," White said. "Tito stepped up to the plate. It's [expletive] weird here. It's like I'm dealing with a new person. I like it. I like the new Tito.

"The storyline is what's so interesting. Tito went from 'You're about to be cut,' to now, if he beats Rashad Evans, he's back in the mix. He's back in the picture."

White said a timetable for Davis' return has yet to be established, but the injuries that forced him out of the bout were not serious in nature.

UFC 133 takes place Aug. 6 at Philadelphia's Wells Fargo Center. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view.

For the latest on UFC 133, stay to tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 07:48 PM
White: Machida reneged on UFC 133 committment; Ortiz's job no longer on line http://bit.ly/pqnV7j

Good explanation of what happened from the boss himself..kinda

Oops beat me to it..

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 07:50 PM
http://www.canadastarboxing.com/ufc/2007/ufc73/ortiz_evans.jpg

Red Hawk #21
07-13-2011, 08:26 PM
tbh it would be pretty awesome if Tito could find a way to win this, I just don't see how it could happen though...

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
He's just got huge balls for saying yes..

Red Hawk #21
07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
He really does have huge balls to say yes, I just don't think it was very smart decision on his part. But if he can find a way to pull the upset...

Edit: I just went on Sherdog and the first thing I saw was "Tito's gonna get finished" :lol

dbreiden83080
07-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Doubt he gets finished.. Tito only has been beat up 2 times in his career both by a Prime Chuck who was the worst match-up for him possible since he had great TDD and big time power striking.. Lost a 5 rd decision to Randy but he took no damage, he was just outwrestled.. He has losses on decisions to Forrest, Hammill, Machida all tough fights especially the Forrest rematch.. Shad likely takes the decision...

Red Hawk #21
07-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Yup, I think Rashad would win in a decision. I just thought it was funny because I knew Sherdog would be filled with threads about how Tito was gunna get his ass kicked lol. However, it seems they're a lot of folks over there who think Tito can pull it off.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Tito wins via TKO i hate Shad and hes very overrated the only thing he posses is hand speed and some power

ace3g
07-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Morc-OUIroM&feature=player_detailpage

dbreiden83080
07-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Morc-OUIroM&feature=player_detailpage

Love it

War TITO baby

War TITO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ace3g
07-14-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm actually watching their UFC 73 fight right now

dbreiden83080
07-14-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm actually watching their UFC 73 fight right now

Tito won the first 2 rds easy

I tweeted this to Tito just now..

You are a fuckin warrior Tito. A true UFC legend. Nobody can ever question your heart ever dude.. Go get em on Aug 6th..

BTW Ace you did an awesome job on this thread with the updates.. You should be a MOD!!

ace3g
07-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Tito got pt taken away in 2nd round for holding onto fence while Rashad went for TD, Tito gets a guillotine in before the bell rings to end the 2nd round.

A couple things I'd give the adv to Tito:

1. Evans will have ring rust
2. Tito has submission skills (guillotine)

strosFan2
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Tito got pt taken away in 2nd round for holding onto fence while Rashad went for TD, Tito gets a guillotine in before the bell rings to end the 2nd round.

A couple things I'd give the adv to Tito:

1. Evans will have ring rust
2. Tito has submission skills (guillotine)

I don't think Evans will be as naive as Bader to keep his head in there to allow Tito to get a choke. Plus, Evans is a much superior wrestler than Bader (MMA wise)...

I don't think Tito's sub skills will really out weigh the wrestling/sub defense of Evans.

strosFan2
07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Cool poster for this card

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/194/e/7/ufc_133_ortiz_vs_evans_2_poste_by_aronian-d3pkn64.jpg

ace3g
07-14-2011, 10:13 AM
UFC 133: Evans vs. Ortiz 2 Conference Call at 12:15 p.m. ET http://sbn.to/pwVzpK

desflood
07-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I think that, with the exception of Rory MacDonald, none of the main card fighters are under 30 (well, Sakara may still be 29). I wonder if this is the "oldest" main card presented by the UFC so far.

Nah. Any card with Randy automatically comes out five years older :lol

ace3g
07-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Only new info from the conference call so far: Phil Davis had MRI on his knee, he wasn't able to kickbox for 2 1/2 weeks, so he was pulled from the fight. #UFC

Dana White confirms their next plan was Vladdy Matyushenko if Tito Ortiz hadn't called back and taken the fight. #UFC

---

Wow, I'm really glad Tito stepped up now; Vladdy wasn't even the option I would have gone with from that fight to move up (Alexander Gustafsson).

----

Phil Davis still wanted to take the fight, but Dana says they just didn't want to do that to him. As soon as he's 100% he'll get a top guy.

Dana on Lyoto's negotiations - won't be held against him in the future - "People lose their minds sometimes"

Dana: Leben and Sonnen offered to take the fight. "Both those nuts texted me, I told them they weigh 185 pounds, thanks for texting"

benefactor
07-14-2011, 01:27 PM
lol Sonnen. Not surprising.

The TroutBum
07-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Sonnen is so fucking awesome.

Soul_Patch
07-14-2011, 03:40 PM
One of the few times i am going to actually root for Tito. I have never liked Rashad. Always thought he was a really boring and overrated fighter.

desflood
07-14-2011, 10:45 PM
The injuries just keep piling up for UFC 133, and this time it has struck a Janitor. Vladimir Matyushenko has been forced to pull out of his bout with Alexander Gustafsson, and will be replaced by Matt Hamill. UFC.com's got it:

"For the second time this week, an injury has knocked a light heavyweight off the UFC 133 fight card. Dana White announced today that Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled fight against Swede Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson.

Stepping in for The Janitor will be fellow wrestler Matt "The Hammer" Hamill, who last faced Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the main event of UFC 130. Hamill and Gustafsson have verbally agreed to the August 6 matchup."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/14/2276357/ufc-133-vladimir-matyushenko-out-matt-hamill-vs-alexander-gustafsson

ace3g
07-14-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/UFC-133-evans-vs-ortiz.jpg

UPDATE: Some more posters

http://media.foxsports.com.au/pve/UFC133%2016x9r2.JPG

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4870/ufc133.jpg

MannyIsGod
07-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Man, this fight just got WAY more interesting for me. My head tells me Rashad wins easily but my heart says Tito is going to knock that fucker OUT.

ace3g
07-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Nogueira forced out at UFC 133; promotion seeking replacement to face Franklin

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24439/nogueira-forced-out-at-ufc-133-promotion-seeking-replacement-to-face-franklin.mma

ManuBalboa
07-17-2011, 09:17 AM
wtf is going on. This is getting ridiculous.

dbreiden83080
07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Injuries ruining cards IMO is a result of the UFC cutting so many fighters when they lose.. Guys aren't fighting through as much..

ace3g
07-17-2011, 04:02 PM
With Nogueira out, Franklin also scratched from August's UFC 133 event http://bit.ly/nMRqkX

The TroutBum
07-18-2011, 11:40 AM
With Nogueira out, Franklin also scratched from August's UFC 133 event http://bit.ly/nMRqkX

Are you shitting me? They couldn't find ONE SINGLE person to fight Ace? I bet Franklin is PISSED. How would you like to get head first into training camp and a fairly large pay-day, only to have it yanked out from you midway through.

I knew I hated this card.

dbreiden83080
07-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Are you shitting me? They couldn't find ONE SINGLE person to fight Ace? I bet Franklin is PISSED. How would you like to get head first into training camp and a fairly large pay-day, only to have it yanked out from you midway through.

I knew I hated this card.

Ace has done so many favors for the UFC if they can't get him another fight soon i bet they pay him anyway..

ace3g
07-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Rashad Evans: The Road To UFC 133
http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-videos/ufc-videos/2011/07/rashad-evans-the-road-to-ufc-133/

dbreiden83080
07-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Rashad Evans: The Road To UFC 133
http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-videos/ufc-videos/2011/07/rashad-evans-the-road-to-ufc-133/

God i hate that clown..

shyne
07-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Rashad is a cocky bitch, along with the guys who train him.

dbreiden83080
07-18-2011, 09:56 PM
My biggest problem with Shad is he is a fuckin whiny ass cry-baby. Great fighter for sure but he is always bitching. The man is literally obsessed with Jones.. He is dying over the fact that his former friend/team-mate is wearing that gold.. He has been telling dumb ass 3rd grade stories about what he did to Jones in training trying to make him look bad.. He bitches and makes excuses for bad decisions he made like waiting for almost a year to fight Shogun and bitching about not being #1 contender anymore.. He just never stops with the mouth and bullshit..

ace3g
07-25-2011, 12:28 PM
More injury news:
Alessio Sakara has torn his ACL and is out of the Jorge Rivera fight at UFC 133. UFC searching for a replacement. #UFC

Costas Philippou could be his new opponent.

- per Mike Chiappetta and Ariel Helwani Twitter

Constantinos Philippou Gets the Call to Face Jorge Rivera at UFC 133 http://ht.ly/5MUrY #MMA #UFC #UFC133 @Jorge_Conquista

Former TUF 7 Fighter Paul Bradley Steps up to Face Rafael 'Sapo' Natal at UFC 133 http://ht.ly/5MWS1 #UFC #UFC133

ace3g
07-25-2011, 09:05 PM
This had me worried for a second:

Report: Tito Ortiz Uninjured in Car Accident, Still Fighting at UFC 133 http://bit.ly/peFULC @titoortiz #ufc #ufc133

dbreiden83080
07-25-2011, 09:09 PM
This had me worried for a second:

Shit...

ace3g
07-25-2011, 11:04 PM
New UFC Promo
PE753AMQgsc&feature=player_embedded

ace3g
07-27-2011, 07:51 PM
UFC 133 headliner Rashad Evans appears Friday on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" http://bit.ly/oZ4e50

ace3g
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
yZ1HrMbXa7I&feature=player_detailpage

dbreiden83080
07-29-2011, 04:22 PM
yZ1HrMbXa7I&feature=player_detailpage

Rashad could not finish a hamburger quick...

Sokoudjou
07-31-2011, 12:41 PM
my 5...

Ortiz
Akiyama
Hamill
Pyle
Mendes

Sokoudjou
07-31-2011, 12:47 PM
root for ortiz so DB has to choose between his lover boys in the title. will he chose his old, playful pal jacob. or his new found BBC, Jon Jones?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/18/article-0-0D3EB894000005DC-434_634x475.jpg

ace3g
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I'd make predictions but the way this card has gone so far, I'm waiting till fight night just to make sure no one else gets injured...

dbreiden83080
07-31-2011, 03:51 PM
root for ortiz so DB has to choose between his lover boys in the title. will he chose his old, playful pal jacob. or his new found BBC, Jon Jones?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/18/article-0-0D3EB894000005DC-434_634x475.jpg

I guess i am not allowed to root for anyone in this sport.. Do you fuck the predator posters at night??

ace3g
07-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Hopefully UFC 133 can http://stubbornfacts.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/neuralizer.jpg Fedor / Hendo Card...

ace3g
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Countdown to UFC 133 Premiers Tonight on Spike TV http://bit.ly/oPTaqv #ufc #ufc133 @SPIKE_TV

gK67Cz88TEI&feature=player_detailpage

polandprzem
08-02-2011, 02:24 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Constantinos Phillippou vs. Jorge Rivera

Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan

ace3g
08-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Dana White just RT this

JaQrgR1iWng&feature=player_detailpage

dbreiden83080
08-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Dana White just RT this

JaQrgR1iWng&feature=player_detailpage

OMFG

Awesome!!!!!

This is going in the gifs and pics thread...

dbreiden83080
08-02-2011, 08:30 PM
MAIN CARD

Tito VIA i am a big Tito fan and would love to see it.. Also VIA i hate Rashad one of my least fav fighters in MMA today.. Do i have any technical reasons for going this way? Absolutely not.. :lol Tito might have a snowballs chance in hell at pulling out a decision.. But i'll take it..

Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Vitor will never be able to stop choking his ass off in big fights.. But this is a walk-through for him.. Akiyama won't get the TD and probably doesn't even want it he loves to stand so much.. Vitor is too fast and powerful for him.. He wins KO round 1 or 2..

Dennis Hallman vs. Brian Ebersole

Both guys got a gazillion fights.. Could go either way.. Hallman has 38 subs, hopefully this is 39..

Jorge Rivera vs. Costantinos Philippou

Rory is a comer in the division..

ace3g
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
UFC® 133 Pre-Fight Press Conference
Live coverage begins at 1pm ET/10am PT on 8/4/2011
http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-prefight-press-conference/684

UFC® 133 Weigh In
Live coverage begins at 4pm ET/10am PT on 8/5/11
http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-weigh-in/685

The TroutBum
08-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I guess I have to re-do my picks, so here they are:

Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz - I'm with DB on this one. Nothing pains me more than rooting for Blockhead, but I just can't stand Evans. Go fuck yourself Rashad -- WAR TITO! (I feel like such a faggot for even thinking that, let alone typing it)

Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama - Ever since Belfag took that push kick from Silva, and fell over unconscious, I've had nothing but hatred for him. I never root for Sexyama, but I am this time.

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Matt Hamill - Gustafsson is one bad ass mother fucker, but The Hammer can't afford to lose this one. It's make or break for Matt, and I just can't root against him.

Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya - Submission of the night, book it.

Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan - Come on Mike, you need this buddy. I need this. WE need this. Pound this fucker.

dbreiden83080
08-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I guess I have to re-do my picks, so here they are:

Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz - I'm with DB on this one. Nothing pains me more than rooting for Blockhead, but I just can't stand Evans. Go fuck yourself Rashad -- WAR TITO! (I feel like such a faggot for even thinking that, let alone typing it)

Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama - Ever since Belfag took that push kick from Silva, and fell over unconscious, I've had nothing but hatred for him. I never root for Sexyama, but I am this time.

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Matt Hamill - Gustafsson is one bad ass mother fucker, but The Hammer can't afford to lose this one. It's make or break for Matt, and I just can't root against him.

Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya - Submission of the night, book it.

Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan - Come on Mike, you need this buddy. I need this. WE need this. Pound this fucker.

Trout reading your fight picks always makes me smile.. Comedy gold.. :lol

strosFan2
08-03-2011, 11:27 AM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz: could care less which one actually wins, just seems more reasonable to go with Evans...he is no Bader that Tito can take advantage of...
Brian Ebersole vs. Dennis Hallman: Ebesole VIA cartwheel kick!!!
Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle: MacDonald=GSP protege!!

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Matt Hamill

dallaskd
08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
just placed a $50 parlay on Ortiz at +300 and Yanha at +500

probably not going to happen but hey its risk $50 to win $1,150

ace3g
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
g0QyPIsYLT4&feature=player_embedded

dbreiden83080
08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
just placed a $50 parlay on Ortiz at +300 and Yanha at +500

probably not going to happen but hey its risk $50 to win $1,150

Nice...

Rip-Hamilton32
08-03-2011, 01:03 PM
so dana sits ringside only to watch the fight on a 15 inch monitor?

dbreiden83080
08-03-2011, 01:05 PM
g0QyPIsYLT4&feature=player_embedded

3:20 Chuck gives Tito some respect.. He was mad Tito won but applauded..

dbreiden83080
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
so dana sits ringside only to watch the fight on a 15 inch monitor?

He always does that shit.. I don't get it either..

dallaskd
08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
please dana let lil jon be the ring announcer for one fight :lol

ace3g
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Great ending, lol

xJ0cqWsO5rE&feature=player_detailpage

Stringer_Bell
08-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz - Rashad wants the title back, I don't expect him to take this fight lightly because if he wins he's got the next shot. If Tito somehow wins, it's by random KO - and Lyoto probably waiting for him.
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort - Love Sexyama, but his heart isn't in fighting any longer. Vitor will finish him in the 3rd.
Constantinos Phillippou vs. Jorge Rivera - Jorge needs a win or he's prolly getting cut.
Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle - Great match-up, 2 very strong WW with great technique that continue to get better. I'll go with Rory, but it could end up a SD for Pyle.
Brian Ebersole vs. Dennis Hallman - Could be a very fun match, both dudes have been around enough to know tricks here and there - I expect a UD for the dude with the rad chest hair.

unofficial pick: Gustafasson over Hamill!

dbreiden83080
08-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Great ending, lol

Where is this full interview? Weird how they are releasing this in segments..

Sokoudjou
08-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Great ending, lol

lol both are faking this argument

dbreiden83080
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/aug/03/rashad-evans-tito-ortiz/

Rashad Evans not buying the Tito Ortiz comeback script at UFC 133

Evans on Ortiz: “I think you can see his age.”

PHILADELPHIA — It’s unclear whether Tito Ortiz plans to emulate Rocky Balboa and run up the 72 steps outside of the Philadelphia Museum of Art before his UFC 133 bout against Rashad Evans on Saturday.

The 36-year old Ortiz has spent plenty of time comparing himself to the City of Brotherly Love’s most famous fictional character. The juxtaposition has annoyed Evans.

“He can say, ‘this is my Rocky moment and I’m inspired by Rocky’ all that he wants to,” Evans said at Wednesday’s open workouts. “‘Rocky’ was a movie, man. There ain’t going to be a movie or cameras or someone saying, ‘cut, let’s do that scene again so Rocky can win.’”

Despite a 14-month layoff and several significant career changes, Evans (15-1-1 MMA, 10-1-1 UFC) is beyond confident he’ll beat Ortiz (16-8-1 MMA, 15-8-1 UFC) in the pay-per-view main event at the Wells Fargo Center. Some would argue it’s to the point of cockiness.

Evans doesn’t think a first-round submission victory over Ryan Bader last month salvaged Ortiz’s career. The 31-year-old Evans puts more stock into the five-year winless streak the former light heavyweight champion endured before the Bader victory.

“Tito is not the same fighter he was,” Evans said. “To me, in my mind, he lost the whole ‘wow, that’s Tito Ortiz.’ He’s not been very consistent. Sometimes he’ll look good. Sometimes he’ll look bad. He fell from that level.”

As thankful as Evans was for Ortiz filling the void left by a Phil Davis injury at the top of the card, this isn’t a matchup that necessarily excites him. He described a victory over Ortiz as “not even close” to meaning what it would have three or four years ago.

That’s when Evans strongly desired a fight with Ortiz. The UFC and Ortiz both promised him an immediate rematch after the two fought to a unanimous draw at UFC 73 in July 2007.

The next matchup never came to fruition, however, as Ortiz dealt with injuries in the months following and the UFC matched Evans with current middleweight Michael Bisping. Evans remembered being heartbroken.

“I was so disappointed,” Evans said. “It kind of messed me up in training for Bisping because I had my mind set on fighting Tito so much.”

The level of disappointment wore off a little more with each subsequent loss Ortiz suffered. It also helped that Evans ran off a three-fight win streak, including a split decision over Bisping, to seize the belt Ortiz once owned.

At this point, Evans just doesn’t see Ortiz as an equal in the 205-pound division rankings. Evans thinks he’s at the very top, while Ortiz belongs somewhere in the middle.

Ortiz has concocted his own theory as to why Evans is so adamant about his superiority.

“I see a lot of self-doubt,” Ortiz said. “I took Psychology 101 in college. I understand a person’s feedback and how they react to questions and how they react to things.”

Ortiz sees the pressure on Evans as monumental. If Evans wins, he’ll retain his status as the top contender and face the winner of the UFC 135 championship bout between Jon Jones and Rampage Jackson.

Ortiz also opined that Evans is more concerned than he let on about going into his first major fight without the help of renowned trainer Greg Jackson.

“Tito can believe what he wants to and use whatever he wants to get motivated,” Evans said.

“I don’t think he’s as quick as he used to be. I don’t think he’s as explosive as he used to be. I think you can see his age. The first thing that starts to go as you get older is your footwork. I think his footwork is a little bit slower than it was.”

dallaskd
08-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Fav Fighters

GSP- Greatest Pd 4 Pd Fighter In The World
Jonny Bones Jones- The Future Is Now
Rampage Jackson- HOWLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
Tito Ortiz- Not done yet BABY!!!!

dbreiden83080
08-03-2011, 11:59 PM
You got a SD account??

Place is more trolls than anything else but sometimes it will do..

dallaskd
08-04-2011, 01:33 AM
ive been at sherdog for like 7 years man :lol

first time i ever ran across you though. i thought about fuckin with you and youd never know it was dallas from ST

dbreiden83080
08-04-2011, 01:55 AM
ive been at sherdog for like 7 years man :lol

first time i ever ran across you though. i thought about fuckin with you and youd never know it was dallas from ST

Why mess with me?

We root for the same fighters.....

strosFan2
08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
He always does that shit.. I don't get it either..

It's a better view of the fight, unless they are right in front of him. i bet sitting that low isn't a great view...

ace3g
08-04-2011, 12:07 PM
press conference has started: http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-prefight-press-conference/684

dbreiden83080
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Intense staredown between Tito and Shad at the presser..

ace3g
08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9702/364358529.jpg

dbreiden83080
08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
The City of Brotherly Love will play host to a rematch between former light heavyweight champions, as Rashad Evans meets the suddenly resurgent Tito Ortiz in the UFC 133 headliner Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Four years after their first encounter ended in a draw at UFC 73, Evans and Ortiz return to the Octagon to finish their business.

Sherdog.com recently touched base with a number of professional trainers and fighters to gauge their opinions on the UFC 133 "Evans vs. Ortiz 2" main event:

Antonio Silva: I believe Rashad will knock Tito out. He is impressively good physically, and Ortiz won't take him down easily.

Tyron Woodley: I think Rashad is going to beat Tito. The first time they fought, it was his first big fight and he realized that. So when he fought him, it took him a little bit to realize that, "Dang, I think I can beat Tito." They ended up in a draw because [Ortiz] grabbed the cage, but I think this time Rashad has his swag. He believes in himself, and he went out and put on an amazing show against [Quinton] "Rampage" Jackson. I think that Tito will be a similar opponent who won't have that second or third dimension to answer the questions that Rashad will pose with his athleticism, his in-and-out punching, his takedowns and his cardio. If Tito has another performance like he did against [Ryan] Bader, then I think it'll be a good fight. But I think that Rashad wins.

Thales Leites: Rashad by KO.

Marvin Eastman: I'm pulling for Tito. He held the UFC together by himself for a long time. The UFC was Tito, and Tito was the UFC. Man, I ain't no cheerleader, but game recognizes game, so much respect to him. Don't write him off yet. One more big win, and he's in there. He's got to get Evans on the ground and pound him out, like the old Tito did [against] Ken Shamrock, [Vladimir] "The Janitor" [Matyushenko], [Yuki] Kondo, etc. If he don't get him to the ground, he won't win.

Eddy Millis: I really, really believe this fight goes to the aggressor, the one who really brings it from deep down, bites on his mouth piece and throws down, toe-to-toe. I give this one to Rashad, but I'll be rooting for Tito.

George Roop: Rashad by unanimous decision.

Dewey Cooper: Though Tito looked good against Bader, I think he will come up a little short in this fight against Evans. One reason stands out in my mind: the short training camp. Since Tito took the fight on a short notice, it is an issue. I don't think Tito will be able to overcome the athletic ability of Evans. Rashad by decision.

Seth Petruzelli: Rashad by decision.

Javier Vazquez: I'll be rooting for Ortiz; would love for him to make a comeback. I'll pick Ortiz by razor-close decision.

Fabio Maldonado: Rashad by decision.

Tweet, tweet

Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

Nick Thompson: This fight reminds me of an adventure Derrick Noble and I had. Derrick and I had snuck out of our houses and witnessed an Indian murder a local doctor. A person other than the Indian was mistakenly arrested and charged for the murder. Derrick and I made a vow of secrecy that we would not reveal that said person was not the murderer because we did not want to get into trouble for sneaking out of the house. At the falsely accused's trial, however, the defendant's attorney called me to the stand, and, despite our vow, I felt compelled to tell the truth about what I had seen. Upon hearing my testimony, in which I accused him of the murder, the Indian jumped out of a window and fled. Sometime later, Derrick snuck into an abandoned house that we thought was haunted, only to find the Indian hiding inside with a large amount of money. While we were unable to take the money that night, Derrick began trailing the Indian to determine where he was hiding it and to find an opportunity to take it. One night, Derrick overheard the Indian discussing his plan to mutilate a local widow. Derrick ran and told someone who, with his sons, went after Indian and scared him off with gunshots. Simultaneously, I had accompanied other local children on a picnic to a cave. Me and my girlfriend became lost, and before we were finally able to find our way out, we ran into the Indian who was hiding in the cave. Later, Derrick and I entered the cave from the alternate entrance that I found and retrieved the Indian's loot. Yes, sir, that sure was an adventure and, in a lot of ways, reminds me of this fight. Tito wins by unanimous decision. I am a Tito fan. When I first made it to the UFC and met him, he was extra nice.

Thiago Tavares: I don't see Ortiz winning that fight. Rashad is training with a very good team, with many great athletes and coaches. Plus, he is better in every area. I bet he wins by TKO.

Jeff Monson: Evans by second-round TKO.

Travis Wiuff: I'm pulling for Tito and hoping he can win this one. His win over Bader shocked me. His stepping up to take this fight on short notice has made me a fan. I think he can win a close decision. He is still a very big 205er and showed himself to be more well-rounded than I have thought in the past.

Keith Berry: I'm going for the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" on this one. Ortiz has been looking like his old self, and I would love to see his grave burial skit after he beats Rashad.

Ron Foster: I think Rashad will have his way with Tito in this fight. Rashad is twice as fast, [has] better wrestling and has huge punching power. Tito looked great in his last fight, but Rashad will be way too much for him to handle. Much props to Ortiz for stepping up, but I don't see this fight going the distance. Evans will stop Ortiz in the second.

Marlon Sandro: Rashad takes it on a judges' decision.

Tom Gavrilos: Rashad has better speed, movement, wrestling and power in both hands, along with some nasty kicks. Tito has good technical hands but does not have the punching power to really back his opponents off. He was certainly an icon who helped grow the sport, definitely a crowd draw and dominant in the early days of MMA. Those days are gone, and Tito hasn't evolved enough to compete against someone like Rashad, who is on the next level. He has far more ways to end the fight. Tito is going to shy away in the pocket and lose points on takedowns. Tito still has some of the best ground-and-pound in the business, but I don't think he will be able to use it. Rashad should be wary of Tito's very underrated submission game; he is capable of catching Rashad on a takedown or even off his back; Rashad by TKO.

Michael Guymon: This is a very tough fight for Tito. Rashad has more ways to win the fight and is stronger in all areas of MMA. Physically, Rashad is also in much better shape than Tito. Rashad is younger, faster and has way less battle damage than Ortiz. All this is too much for him to overcome. Tito gets KO'd in the third.

Kultar Gill: With a fully healed Tito, this fight would maybe last two rounds in Tito's favor. Tito is an exceptional fighter, but those injuries and surgeries will not let him train to his full capacity. I got Rashad by split decision.

Scott Epstein: Rashad has a lot in his favor. I mean, look at his fashion sense. Are those Tom Ford suits? Tito has Punishment [Athletics MMA] and a flame beanie; Rashad by being way more fierce.

Gabe Ruediger: I'm going with Rashad. He should win a clear-cut decision.

Josuel Distak: I bet on an Ortiz victory. Rashad is the favorite, but Ortiz will surprise him.

Sean Loeffler: This fight reminds me of a time when I was young and training in a camp called the Agoge, where I had to face other fierce competitors like Eddie Sanchez, Brodie Farber and Joey Beltran on a daily basis. We were all just kids, but our fathers and elders of the city taught us how to survive and kill to become an elite group of 300 men to defend our nation. My first act as king was to push kick a messenger who insulted my queen wife down into a bottomless pit. Next, myself, Travis Browne, Beltran, Farber and Jason Lambert, along with 295 other men, traveled to a cliff next to a peninsula. We had an amazing strategic spot to fight from, but this local little stupid hunchback who couldn't be a Spartan warrior like the 300 of us betrayed his own people, and we were all killed in a hail of arrows. I was then carried home on my shield dead, of course, to my mourning family. The last thought that went through my mind fighting alongside my fellow countrymen was that I really hope Tito wins this matchup and should be able to edge out the [trash]-talking Rashad. Two variables will play into this matchup: ring rust, which favors Tito, and heart, which favors Tito. Rashad is tough, but Tito wins by decision or gets carried out on his shield, hopefully with no injury excuses.

Luis Dorea: It's gonna be a great fight. Tito showed a lot of improvement in his last fight, but Rashad is at a better moment in his career and has a better transition between exchanging and the ground game. He has also been working to fight at UFC 133. Tito was called late. Rashad wins.

Benji Radach: I'm going to roll with Tito's momentum and strong points to come out on top. I think he busted ass for his last fight and made some good decisions in camp, and I imagine he rejuvenated his drive in training. Also, he would have won the last fight [against Evans] if the bulls--- point [being taken] away for grabbing the fence wasn't in the last fight, which made it a draw.

Jason Dent: I'm pulling for Tito in this one. I have not always been a fan of Tito's personality, but I have always loved his fights. I see him winning by decision in this one.

Mike Ciesnolevicz: My brain tells me that Evans is just a better athlete, more well-rounded and will win a unanimous decision. My heart tells me to cheer for the former champion, the older-school guy who I was watching before the UFC was cool and all the fanboy wannabes came out. A lot of people don't show Tito the respect he deserves because they came into this sport in "The Ultimate Fighter" era. They don't know what he did for MMA in the past. This isn't Tito Ortiz versus Lee Murray in a street fight. Tito actually has a chance to win this fight. Tito has more fans now than he ever has. He upset [Ryan] Bader on the brink of retirement and now he stepped up to take on Rashad. My prediction is Tito takes out Rashad in dramatic fashion and keeps the Cinderella story going.

Patricio Freire: Tito will make things tough for Rashad. He walks backwards a lot, and Tito always looks for the center of the cage. Tito is also really motivated after his last fight. I believe Tito wins by judges' decision.

Pros Picking Evans: 18
Pros Picking Ortiz: 8
No Pick: 3

Sokoudjou
08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
havent been this excited for a fight in a while

dallaskd
08-05-2011, 12:33 AM
probably the funniest stare down ever...

jfOdq9fjV8g

polandprzem
08-05-2011, 07:29 AM
SHwPBTDDp00

Bernard a great coach :)

ace3g
08-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Sonnen is hosting the Q&A today at 1:

Live coverage begins at 2pm ET/11am PT on 8/5/11

http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-fight-club-qa/686

ace3g
08-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I've only caught about 5 min of this Q&A with Sonnen (was at HEB) and Sonnen is GOLD!!!!

some quotes (not exact, going off memory) from Sonnen

On fight against Silva "I felt sorry for him, that he had to put his legs around my head and go for the submission, so I let him win"

On Silva's rib "His ribs are like his arms and legs.....wimps"

Gave props to Bones Jones and Condit for their diverse skill level

For his fight against Stann "It will be the Current (MW) Champion vs the former WEC Champ"

When asked about Rampage's trash talk on twitter "I speak 3 languages, 4 if you include Portuguese; I need a translator but based on his body language, if he brings his butt to the cage, I'll gladly kick it for him"

dbreiden83080
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
2 min behind the scenes interviews on UFC.com

Nothing Shad ever says makes any fuckin sense.. He is staring down Tito in the hall-way after the presser and saying "I know Tito is nervous as hell, the energy he had was so bad, he is so scared"

:rolleyes

This guy is so utterly and completely full of shit..

ace3g
08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
^ remember this is the same guy that took Bones Jones quote "I'd fight Rashad if that is what Dana wanted" (of course he would Rashad, Bones can't exactly say no to the boss, especially for a title fight; and Rashad would do the same thing if he were the champ and Dana said the next title fight was him against Bones) so wrong that he left team Jackson.

ace3g
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Weigh Ins are on now: http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-weigh-in/685

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mmafighting.com/media/2011/08/037rashadevansandtitoortiz.jpg

archive of the Sonnen Q&A: http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-133-Chael-Sonnen-Q-and-A-ARCHIVE

ace3g
08-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Guess it is safe now to make predictions:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Constantinos Phillippou vs. Jorge Rivera

dbreiden83080
08-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Nice....

Whoa.... 2 big risks here.. I am actually so convinced Vitor walks through Akiyama it's my lock of the event..

ace3g
08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Whoa.... 2 big risks here.. I am actually so convinced Vitor walks through Akiyama it's my lock of the event..

I've had my mind set on Akiyama all a long because he is fighting for Japan

dbreiden83080
08-05-2011, 06:53 PM
IT's a stand-up fight though.. He was not able to get to Bisping and Vitor has way better striking.. I love the guy but this seems a bad fight for him.. However Vitor can always choke

He is used to it.. :lol

dallaskd
08-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I've had my mind set on Akiyama all a long because he is fighting for Japan

ace, youre japanese?

ace3g
08-05-2011, 07:03 PM
^ No, but just a feeling I had, even during the Women's World Cup, I just sort of knew Japan was going to win; Akiyama isn't just fighting for himself tomorrow, but for his country.

Sure it is a risky pick, but I've learned there is no "sure thing" in MMA.

dbreiden83080
08-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Weigh Ins are on now: http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-weigh-in/685

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mmafighting.com/media/2011/08/037rashadevansandtitoortiz.jpg

archive of the Sonnen Q&A: http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-133-Chael-Sonnen-Q-and-A-ARCHIVE

Tito has a good 3 inches on Shad but he always puts his shoes on after he weighs in to make it look even more.. He's at least 6-2 so i don't get why he does that.. Not like he can wear his sneakers into the cage..

ace3g
08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
^ Yeah the first picture I posted during the press conference, is a better representation of the height difference; I mainly posted that pic to show their intense stare down

Update 1:

Cool graphic from ESPN

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0803/mma_e_ufc133_576.jpg

Update 2:

AYvyrYxsZko&feature=player_profilepage

NDXOx0gSYT0&feature=player_profilepage

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Q and A with Sonnen are on YT

About roids and the levels. Sonnen said basically what I've said. :)

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Q and A with Sonnen are on YT

About roids and the levels. Sonnen said basically what I've said. :)

What's that? Everyone is a cheater and the commissions are a bunch of dummies

ace3g
08-06-2011, 11:12 AM
new video blog
lNbsprBJOCE&feature=player_detailpage

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 01:02 PM
What's that? Everyone is a cheater and the commissions are a bunch of dummies

If you want to put iot this way, then okay.

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I think the commissions are doing a great job.. There's always gonna be ways to cheat however they are catching them more often than ever before.. New ways to cheat like HRT aren't getting bye either.. Sonnen lost a year of his career and Nate lost his career period for messing with the commissions.. I know you are pessimistic but they are doing their jobs..

ace3g
08-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Prior to events tonight
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9246/366159493.jpg

Sokoudjou
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
prelims are at 4:45 on the UFC facebook page, then more prelims on Spike at 7 and then the main card starts on pay per view at 9

to watch on facebook, click "Live Video" underneath the profile pic

war fuckin' tito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm pulling so hard for Tito here but he's got the same problem here he's had last few years.. Likely gonna have trouble getting the TD.. Shad is just too fast for him on the feet so Tito must make this fight ugly as hell.. Be in his face, clinch, land knees, dirty box, shoot relentlessly push a crazy pace... Hopefully he can do that on a short notice.. Tito has actually tired in the 3rd round of fights last few years.. If he tires here he will get beat down..

War TITO!!!

Sokoudjou
08-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Short notice was probably great for him.. he was already conditioned for the Bader fight

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I just hope he is not over-trained..

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I do not like Shad much, but I prefer him to win this fight only because he will make a great hype for Jones or Page fight.

Tito as much as he is renewed is not at the level of Evans. We;ll see though as in mma you cannot count anybody out.

Sokoudjou
08-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Poland, you going to stay up till 4 AM to watch this?

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I just hope he is not over-trained..

He looked fresh in the Bader fight and finished fresh.

he said he took one week off and then back to the training.
With his experience and on this level it will be hard to be overtrained plus he looked good at the weigh-ins

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Poland, you going to stay up till 4 AM to watch this?

Interesing because I just was thinking about it.
I had a night shift and woke up at 2pm. Right now it's 10:21pm

As I've checjked prelims are midnight and /remember the time change by ufc/ they start main card at 3am

Then I will need some sleep - go to gym and prepare for a small party and after it next day morning I need to be at work. Plus I will have to sleep at my girlfiends house. The good thing is that I have shorter day shift so I can wake up at 6am :tu

Probably gonna watch

Sokoudjou
08-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Interesing because I just was thinking about it.
I had a night shift and woke up at 2pm. Right now it's 10:21pm

As I've checjked prelims are midnight and /remember the time change by ufc/ they start main card at 3am

Then I will need some sleep - go to gym and prepare for a small party and after it next day morning I need to be at work. Plus I will have to sleep at my girlfiends house. The good thing is that I have shorter day shift so I can wake up at 6am :tu

Probably gonna watch

Nice I used to do that shit all the time for Pride cards. Take like 4 melatonins, go to bed at 7 pm, wake up at 3 am.

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Watching UFC 61 right now.. :lol

ace3g
08-06-2011, 03:36 PM
SPIKE's UFC Unleashed is showing some good fights today, right now is Bones vs Shogun

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Love the new Avvy Ace...

ace3g
08-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Love the new Avvy Ace...

Thanks and it kind of matches my sig with their arms out.

Oh since you mentioned UFC 61, liked these 2 images

http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/OrtizWhiteUFC61weigh.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/joatishere/MMA/ufc61_poster.jpg

Horry For 3!
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm hoping Evans wins by TKO, never liked Tito.

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Nice I used to do that shit all the time for Pride cards. Take like 4 melatonins, go to bed at 7 pm, wake up at 3 am.

I'm NBA fan so I used to go to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 3am go to work and be back at 9pm.
I was trying to go to sleep at 7pm when I was a kid. It was tough to do. But still only NBA finals and ASG's were live in Poland.
And I've done crazier things. So my body was sometimes exhausted.

Same with UFC

But well I'm not getting good sleep in years now ...

27th 27th 27th

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
can't find facebook fights anywhere

I will need to register on FB I guess

dallaskd
08-06-2011, 05:25 PM
make a facebook, go to the search bar on the top

type in UFC and click on the page, "UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship"

"like the page"

and then under the event poster on the top left hand corner of the page, click on the link that says "Live Video"

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 05:34 PM
make a facebook, go to the search bar on the top

type in UFC and click on the page, "UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship"

"like the page"

and then under the event poster on the top left hand corner of the page, click on the link that says "Live Video"

Thanks but I know what to do.

The thing is - I do not want a facebook account

Sokoudjou
08-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Natal just walked around and literally kissed everyone in the cage

ace3g
08-06-2011, 06:59 PM
how did Menjivar win that fight

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Hammill really needs this win.

ace3g
08-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Rogan really pushing the diamondmma.com compression shorts...

ace3g
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
easy 1st round for Mendes

ace3g
08-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Mendes with the GnP flip move, lol

ace3g
08-06-2011, 07:45 PM
looks like Gustafsson is trying to pattern his movements after Bones and Silva

and as I type that, Bones tweets this

Jonnybones Jon Bones Jones
Pretty good footwork being displayed by Alexander

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Fuck

I hope the UFC does not cut Hammill

ace3g
08-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Fuck

I hope the UFC does not cut Hammill

nah, he has a movie coming out, UFC wouldn't want to miss out on those promotions....

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 07:53 PM
That fight makes me wonder why Page didn't kill Hammill? Matt looked awful in that fight..

ace3g
08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
100% TD defense for Akiyama career?

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
100% TD defense for Akiyama career?

He won't need it here

This is a stylistic dream..

LakerHater
08-06-2011, 08:18 PM
WoW!

ace3g
08-06-2011, 08:18 PM
dang crazy escape by Pyle, almost got his neck twisted there

ace3g
08-06-2011, 08:20 PM
woo woo woo

LakerHater
the Next GSP?? ... says Joe Rogan.

ace3g
wished he would have kept the "waterboy" nickname though...

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 08:21 PM
WOW

Rory is the real deal.. Trains with GSP too.. Huh???

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 08:21 PM
the Next GSP?? ... says Joe Rogan.

More potential than GSP he said

Easy there Joe.. Lets see him do that to someone like Fitch..

LakerHater
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
More potential than GSP he said

Easy there Joe.. Lets see him do that to someone like Fitch..
Yeah, ...bold statement!!

ace3g
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Fitch fight could be next, considering he needs an opponent

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Fitch fight could be next, considering he needs an opponent

I don't know if they'd Rush Rory into that fight.. If he wins than everyone will talk title shot.. He needs to build some more..

ace3g
08-06-2011, 08:27 PM
as long as Rivera doesn't get illegally kneed into the head, he wins this fight

LakerHater
08-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Hes gassed!!!!
C'mon Rivera!

ace3g
08-06-2011, 08:40 PM
nice survival there by Rivera, glad ref let him continue

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Rogan dropping the JJ knowledge on us..

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Rivera needs a KO

ace3g
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
crap the one fight I was going to leave out of my predictions in favor of Gustaffson vs Hamil(picked Gustaffson), Damn!!!!!

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
SD

Costa won easy..

There goes that pick..

benefactor
08-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Arrow Chest Hair vs. The Speedo.

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
WTF is Hallman wearing???

Are you kidding me???

Sense
:lmao REDDIT UPVOTE... and HALLMANS fucking PANTIES...

dbreiden83080
These 2 look like rejects.. Undercard fights until they get better style..

benefactor
08-06-2011, 09:03 PM
At least they used to wear those back in the day. I have no explanation for the arrow.

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
argh what a boring start to this fight...

benefactor
08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
He looks naked underneath him from the top shot. Troubling.

Sense
08-06-2011, 09:06 PM
At least they used to wear those back in the day. I have no explanation for the arrow.

He has to be a redditor :lol

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
It's all over! lol

ace3g
08-06-2011, 09:08 PM
sucks the one fight I wanted to watch, and I can't even see the damn fight...

dbreiden83080
Bad Stop

Yamasaki always does that...

benefactor
Good eye by the ref. He was out.

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:09 PM
1-2 on picks not shaping up to be a good night..

benefactor
Bad Stop

Yamasaki always does that...
Looked out in the replay.

LakerHater
WTF, he went limp for like a sec. But his arm hitting the mat snapped him outta it!!

edit: he was out & hurt bad!

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Edit

yeah on the replay it was a good stop..

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
That's what Hallman gets for wearing nothing but a cup into the Octagon..

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
"He's got a great Top game, I'm not so sure about his Bottom Game" :nope

benefactor
08-06-2011, 09:12 PM
WTF, he went limp for like a sec. But his arm hitting the mat snapped him outta it!!
That left arm went completely limp after the final shot. You can't knock him for stepping in after that.

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I always love Akiyami walk-outs..

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Things are gunna get crazy...

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Vitor walks through Akiyama or chokes another one..

LakerHater
08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Holy Fuckin Shit!!

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow!!!

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Pobre Akiyama...

ace3g
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I'll just wait till tomorrow to watch this card, out of all the cards this one gets taken down most places, lol

polandprzem
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
:pctoss

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:31 PM
No shock there

Vitor is a beast on the feet

always has been

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Vamos Tito!!

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:36 PM
2-2

I need the big upset

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
Akiyama won't get the TD and probably doesn't even want it he loves to stand so much.. Vitor is too fast and powerful for him.. He wins KO round 1 or 2..

mystargtr34
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Lol

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
What do you all do when you see Rashad

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:45 PM
This is gunna be war smh

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
OMG did you guys see that Takedown by Rashad?!!

LakerHater
08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Damn Tito!!!

ace3g
08-06-2011, 09:56 PM
damn that guillotine attempt

BlackSwordsMan
08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
lets be real here folks akiyama is shit he should stop fighting and tito is about to lose

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I hate Rashad

But he can fight..

LakerHater
Dammit!

Red Hawk #21
Fuck.

BlackSwordsMan
08-06-2011, 10:00 PM
early stoppage

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Respect to Tito for just stepping in..

Good job Rashad..

benefactor
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Brutal, brutal knee to the body. No one recovers from that.

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
early stoppage

Tito had nothing..

Decent 1st rd then he was done..

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I was so hype when Tito caught Rashad in that guillotine... :(

Sense
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
early stoppage

:nope

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Respect to Tito for just stepping in..

Good job Rashad..

This sux bro, I wanted to see Tito win so badly :depressed

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Tito can still fight but while he used to be a cardio machine now he gasses badly quick.. He had a good first half of round 1 and then took some shots and hit the wall.. He hit the wall against Forrest as well..

Horry For 3!
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm hoping to see Bones Jones vs Sugar Rashad now, which it was suppose to be.

ace3g
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-133-post-fight-press-conference/683 post fight press conference

Dana just announced that he's giving Brian @twasebersole 70k for getting hallman's shorts off tv as quickly as possible

dbreiden83080
08-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm hoping to see Bones Jones vs Sugar Rashad now, which it was suppose to be.

It's gonna happen and will be a mega fight

Biggest of 2012 probably..

I'm pulling for Page but it's gonna be rough..

ace3g
08-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Rashad had his right had wrapped, so it will be interesting to see the extent of the injury and how much time he will have to take off due to medical suspension.

dbreiden83080
08-07-2011, 12:27 AM
It's a shitty feeling seeing a fighter you admire take a beating like that.. Tito was my first UFC fighter i was a huge fan of. I've cheered him on since 2002.. He's had a great career and will be a UFC hall of famer.. I'm thinking his next fight should be his last or maybe one more after that.. I don't wanna see him go the Chuck Liddell route at the end.. Hopefully Tito changes his tune on retirement in the near future..

dbreiden83080
08-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Some post fight stories

Evans, Belfort grab KO wins at UFC 133
‎http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2011/08/evans-belfort-grab-ko-wins-at-ufc-133/414123/1

Evans beats Ortiz at UFC 133 | Philadelphia Daily News | 2011-08-07‎ Philadelphia
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/127079883.html

Phenom MacDonald smashes Pyle with quick first-round victory at UFC 133
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Phenom-MacDonald-smashes-Pyle-with-quick-first-r?urn=mma-wp5485

The TroutBum
08-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Wow, thank the Gods for Mike Brown, or I would've gone 0-5.

polandprzem
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
damn Dana was serious about those short shorts ...

Horry For 3!
08-07-2011, 02:06 PM
It's gonna happen and will be a mega fight

Biggest of 2012 probably..

I'm pulling for Page but it's gonna be rough..

I'm a big fan of Bones Jones, been a fan since his first fight. Guy is a beast!

MannyIsGod
08-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I can't help but feel Tito might do better in regular circumstances against Shad. I've grown to fucking hate Shad but he wasn't a prick in this fight. Nasty slam in first and that knee was sick. Was hoping Tito could have finished the choke. Would not mind seeing Page vs Tito tbh. Maybe Forrest vs Tito. Both could be good fights at this point. Once Page goes down against Bones that is.

dbreiden83080
08-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I can't help but feel Tito might do better in regular circumstances against Shad. I've grown to fucking hate Shad but he wasn't a prick in this fight. Nasty slam in first and that knee was sick.

I've watched Tito closely most of his career and i can tell you for sure that he does not take damage like he used too.. We all saw Vitor walk through Akiyama violently. Well back in Tito's prime he took Vitor's best shots, a barrage of punches in the first round.. Vitor was giving everything he had to get Tito out of there in the 1st.. Tito was hurt but weathered the storm and hung in there, he went back to his stool, shook it off and came right back to win the next 2 rds and the fight.. I think too many injuries and age have taken away from Tito's cardio and ability to recover.. How many back and neck injuries can anyone sustain and still fight at a top level?? Problem with Tito is he has so much heart that the UFC is gonna have to fire him at some point.. He'll never quit, Tito doesn't know how to quit.. Back injury, surgery makes a come-back, neck surgery, makes a come-back, KO losses, makes a comeback.. The Bader win bought him some more time but i hope he doesn't get too badly hurt going forward

War TITO!!!

Soul_Patch
08-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Is it just me, or did this card start early? Wife and I had a baby sitter so we were going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch. Got there a bit early, at about 715, and it was packed already. I didnt feel like sitting with a bunch of knuckleheads so we decided to go eat, go get some booze, and just get the PPV at home.

Got home around 815, made a few drinks and turned the TV on around 830. We were already well into rnd one of the Rivera v Phillupou fight...what?!?

Been a few months since i bought a PPV, but dont they normally start at 9?

dbreiden83080
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Is it just me, or did this card start early? Wife and I had a baby sitter so we were going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch. Got there a bit early, at about 715, and it was packed already. I didnt feel like sitting with a bunch of knuckleheads so we decided to go eat, go get some booze, and just get the PPV at home.

Got home around 815, made a few drinks and turned the TV on around 830. We were already well into rnd one of the Rivera v Phillupou fight...what?!?

Been a few months since i bought a PPV, but dont they normally start at 9?

yeah it's 9 ET now.. They started that i think at UFC 124..

Soul_Patch
08-08-2011, 10:57 AM
yeah it's 9 ET now.. They started that i think at UFC 124..

Well i know the prelims have started at 8 for a while now, but im fairly sure the last few PPVs i bought didnt get going until 9...my wife and i were both shocked that we missed half of this one.

Trying to think of the last one i bought. It was probably 129.

They usually run until around midnight too, and this was over by 10pm.

dbreiden83080
08-08-2011, 11:37 AM
lets be real here folks akiyama is shit he should stop fighting

He lost a competitive fight to Bisping he is a good fighter but this was a horrible fight for him and most knew it the second it got announced.. Vitor needs to be put out of his comfort zone and Akiyama is not the guy to do that..

Stringer_Bell
08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I honestly believe that Tito's win over Bader gave him a lot of clarity as far as retirement goes. He had been fighting top competition for years, losing decisions, but never being totally dominated...he just couldn't win a fight. I think he's got one more good fight in him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped out gracefully after all these years of media drama. He's 36, was a long reigning Champion, and still fighting the best in the world - and now he's got some of the general public respect he lost during those winless years.

Wasn't expecting Akiyama to go down like that in the 1st, but Vitor's clipping punches seem to just destroy everyone they touch.

Rory is ready for a Top 5 guy at WW, he's got great poise and I think he's one win away from being up there with Fitch/Condit - I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Hughes/Diego winner.

All apologies to my boy Mike Pierce, I always pick him when he fights but I haven't been able to keep with MMA lately so I take responsibility for his loss because I didn't include him in my predictions.

Mendes better be next in line for Aldo, or at least fighting Hominick next.

Soul_Patch
08-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I still cant see what shot it was that initially dropped Akiyama. Those punches seemed to barely graze him. The one they said rocked him, looked like it missed completely. When he finally went out, he was wayyyy out. Not often you see a guy get that knocked out, he looked like he was dead.

I always pull for that dude too, I always have high hopes for him. Shame...

What a weird fight.

ace3g
08-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Medical Suspensions:

Tito Ortiz: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
Yoshihiro Akiyama: Suspended 60 days due to possible head injuries; must have a neurological exam before returning to competition
Dennis Hallman: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
Mike Pyle: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
Matt Hamill: Suspended 45 days for precautionary reasons
Rafael Natal: Suspended indefinitely due to a right-hand injury; must have hand cleared by a physician before returning to competition
Paul Bradley: Suspended for 30 days for a left-knee injury; must be cleared by a physician before returning to competition

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24731/ufc-133-medical-suspensions-go-to-seven-fights-natal-suspended-indefinitely.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

LakerHater
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I still cant see what shot it was that initially dropped Akiyama. Those punches seemed to barely graze him. The one they said rocked him, looked like it missed completely. When he finally went out, he was wayyyy out. Not often you see a guy get that knocked out, he looked like he was dead.

I always pull for that dude too, I always have high hopes for him. Shame...

What a weird fight.
It was weird, It kinda looked like he was tanking the fight by goin down on a phantom, punch, then he got KTFO!

CubanSucks
08-08-2011, 11:11 PM
here ya go Lakerhater, now THIS is gif worthy :lmao

pij1LwqO174

dbreiden83080
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
here ya go Lakerhater, now THIS is gif worthy :lmao

pij1LwqO174

No it's not

Don't give the trolls more fuel please..

The TroutBum
08-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Balls!

Soul_Patch
08-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Hahaha...too funny.

Yea those shorts were...um...unfortunate.

My wife was thrilled...she tried to pretend she didnt like them, but she kept talking about them for about an hour afterward.