PDA

View Full Version : Noah's Ark...plausible?

Spurfect21
06-16-2011, 11:02 AM
In an ongoing argument I have with one of my friends at work we argue if the story of Noah's ark could possibly be true. Throw your religious beliefs out of it and base it off facts and possibilities. Could one man have built an ark big enough to house 2 of every animal and 7 of every 'clean' animal while afloat for a whole year? How did Noah eat? How did the tigers and lions etc...not eat the rabbits and deer? How did the animals eat if they didn't eat eachother? How could an ark support that amount of weight if it was only built by one man?...The list of questions can go on and on. It is possible that a story like this happened but on an infinitely smaller scale. And to anybody who is reading this and thinks it is wrong to question the story, just know that asking questions about something does not make you a blasphemer or non-believer. So please give some opinions and thoughts on the matter...

Blake
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
In an ongoing argument I have with one of my friends at work we argue if the story of Noah's ark could possibly be true. Throw your religious beliefs out of it and base it off facts and possibilities.

what facts do you have?

cantthinkofanything
06-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I saw an interesting show proposing the theory that the "ark" was really a collection of DNA from all of the different species. And of course that the Noah's Ark story was just an allegory.

koriwhat
06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
fuck the book of myths... people spend too much time believing in that foolishness. now i'm not saying religion is total and utter bs and that there isn't a "god" or that to have faith is completely imbecile but come on now, the bible is a total and utter fabrication and a bunch of idiots love the bs.

CosmicCowboy
06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Strictly from a logical standpoint it is highly implausible.

Fabbs
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
The dimensions of the ark are perfect for floating.
Not sure of the exact technical word but there is a measurement for "floatability".:lol

Claim is not that one man built it but he and his 4 sons. Also it took them years to build it.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
We know nothing of early architecture practices, like how the pyramids were made, so it's possible a ship of that size was made. And the fact that a great flood is in more than one story supports that it happened.

Spurfect21
06-16-2011, 11:17 AM
what facts do you have?

I mean facts like what would happen. Not evidence cuz there is none really besides what's written

Blake
06-16-2011, 11:18 AM
fuck the book of myths... people spend too much time believing in that foolishness. now i'm not saying religion is total and utter bs and that there isn't a "god" or that to have faith is completely imbecile but come on now, the bible is a total and utter fabrication and a bunch of idiots love the bs.

lol you believe in the devil

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
calf tats are the mark of the beast

koriwhat
06-16-2011, 11:22 AM
lol you believe in the devil

he's my homeboy! i play on his summer league bball team, we chill and smoke, we drink and hang. it is what it is. :lol

Blake
06-16-2011, 11:37 AM
he's my homeboy! i play on his summer league bball team, we chill and smoke, we drink and hang. it is what it is. :lol

well, at least you admit you're an idiot by your own standards.

koriwhat
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
well, at least you admit you're an idiot by your own standards.

why, because i don't believe in your "god" nor your "devil"? if anything, you're the idiot for believing in myths.

koriwhat
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
bet you believe in the easter bunny and santa too, huh?

TimmehC
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
It's probably an exaggerated version of a previous tsunami/flood story, tbh.

Leetonidas
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
You're asking is it plausible that God told some dude awhile back that he was gonna flood the earth so he built and Ark and put 2 of EVERY ANIMAL ON EARTH (including all those ones that are extinct now) on this Ark, and then proceeded to chill on the Ark while the earth flooded and everyone died then to have everything clear up and repopulate the planet?

LOL NO

Blake
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
why, because i don't believe in your "god" nor your "devil"? if anything, you're the idiot for believing in myths.

I don't believe in myths, so it's not my devil.

...but you no longer believe in a devil? When did that change?

koriwhat
06-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't believe in myths, so it's not my devil.

...but you no longer believe in a devil? When did that change?

666 baby! i believe in myself and only myself!

Dex
06-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Faith > Logic. Duh. :lol

Oh, Gee!!
06-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Noah's ark is not an article faith is it? It's not essential to Christianity, really.

baseline bum
06-16-2011, 12:17 PM
ln64DYflGT4

ohmwrecker
06-16-2011, 12:19 PM
I would like to read a debate between Blake and Chumper.

On second thought . . . No. No. I wouldn't.

silverblk mystix
06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Christianity...

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
Yeah, christianity makes sense.

cantthinkofanything
06-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Christianity...

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

And yet it's still more logical than most of your posts.
You should be the last person to determine what makes sense.

Fpoonsie
06-16-2011, 01:07 PM
ln64DYflGT4

:lol

If you didn't post it, I was gonna...

Blake
06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
666 baby! i believe in myself and only myself!

so you believe you're the devil?

Blake
06-16-2011, 01:24 PM
They are both alumni from the same shitty university of messageboard posting so it's against their douchey frat code to argue with one another imho.

mavs>spurs:

Total Posts

lol 5th year student

Blake
06-16-2011, 01:39 PM
what does my join date have to do with college?

apparently it's your enrollment date.

DMC
06-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Biblical flood? Impossible. Big ass boat? Not likely given the logistical improbabilities.

Easter bunny? Maybe.

DMC
06-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Noah's ark is not an article faith is it? It's not essential to Christianity, really.

The Bible is essential to modern Christianity (those who have to take another's word for it). The Bible cannot be edited, altered or corrected to make it "true" as it's the infallible word of the omnimax that is the Christian God. That means that, if a story in the Bible is false, the entirety of the book is false. You cannot put the book on the same grading scale with other books in literature and talk about the knowledge of the times to keep the book "honest" and ignore the fact it's full of falsehoods. Christians see the Bible as the word of an infallible God (though one who has regrets, oddly enough).

So no, you cannot both have the cake before you and have eaten it as well.

redzero
06-16-2011, 09:10 PM
If real life worked like a Summer Blockbuster, then yes, the story of Noah's Ark is plausible.

Gerryatrics
06-17-2011, 06:10 AM
http://arkvannoach.com/cms/images/igallery/resized/201-300/IMG_3351-216-800-600-80.jpg

RandomGuy
06-17-2011, 08:16 AM
http://arkvannoach.com/cms/images/igallery/resized/201-300/IMG_3351-216-800-600-80.jpg

Now fit millions of species of land animals on it. :D

(photo is real, btw, from a nice Dutchman who build a full size replica, really neat, IMO)

silverblk mystix
06-17-2011, 08:46 AM
And yet it's still more logical than most of your posts.
You should be the last person to determine what makes sense.

Thanks for the compliment. :toast

Anytime you can irritate, annoy or piss off a lame, uninventive, unoriginal & stupid troll...well...you must be doing something right.

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Christianity...

I chuckled at that one.

Blake
06-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the compliment. :toast

Anytime you can irritate, annoy or piss off a lame, uninventive, unoriginal & stupid troll...well...you must be doing something right.

suck him off blake...you little pussy...suck each other off.

lmao

silverblk mystix
06-17-2011, 10:16 AM
lmao

still butthurt?

ok...I didn't mean it...

troll

Blake
06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
still butthurt?

ok...I didn't mean it...

troll

sure you meant it.

that's why it was/is funny as hell.

The Reckoning
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
one thing for sure is its never going to be known because an ark of that age would have long since deteriated... plus it would have been large enough to where the wooden beams would have been reused to construct houses/fortifications.

Oh, Gee!!
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
The Bible is essential to modern Christianity (those who have to take another's word for it). The Bible cannot be edited, altered or corrected to make it "true" as it's the infallible word of the omnimax that is the Christian God. That means that, if a story in the Bible is false, the entirety of the book is false. You cannot put the book on the same grading scale with other books in literature and talk about the knowledge of the times to keep the book "honest" and ignore the fact it's full of falsehoods. Christians see the Bible as the word of an infallible God (though one who has regrets, oddly enough).

you're creating a straw man argument here. The essential elements of Christianity are Christ's sacrifice and His resurrection. There is no redemption without those elements, but there still would be without other parts of the Bible (like Adam & Eve, the flood, or the story of Abraham and Isaac).

CosmicCowboy
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
you're creating a straw man argument here. The essential elements of Christianity are Christ's sacrifice and His resurrection. There is no redemption without those elements, but there still would be without other parts of the Bible (like Adam & Eve, the flood, or the story of Abraham and Isaac).

Agreed. I know quite a few people that claim to be "New Testament" Christians.

Blake
06-17-2011, 04:11 PM

interesting.

So in Luke 2:45-47 when Jesus was in the temple, do you think he was discussing the New Testament with the elders?

DMC
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
How do you know of Christ's sacrifice and resurrection?

The Bible.

If the Bible contains stories that are presented as truth but are in reality false, how does that reflect upon the book itself? How does the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth make any more sense than the great flood or the millions of animals on the ark?

Basically, once a witness is shown to be a liar, even factual testimony is thrown out.

If the Bible is not the word of God, what good is it? It's been manipulated by men for centuries, and at the Council of Nicea (CoN for short) they decided that 66 books were "real" and the others were "heretic gospels", and set out to destroy all others because they did not reflect the spirit that those chosen few decided was in keeping with God's wishes.

If the book has lies, the CoN were wrong. They were therefore not led by God to choose these books. The alternative is that God is intentionally fucking with you, in which case he's just an uber-troll.

Oh, Gee!!
06-18-2011, 01:08 PM
interesting.

So in Luke 2:45-47 when Jesus was in the temple, do you think he was discussing the New Testament with the elders?

probably not since the Bible (old/new testaments) didn't exist the way we know of it. He was probably discussing law and custom with them.

I think the Old Testament (including the story of Noah) is valuable to the religious dogma of modern Christianity, but the inconsistencies of some of the stories therein are not fatal to the concept of Christianity as a redeeming force (i.e. eternal salvation). I am not advocating on behalf of Christianity at all, just pointing out the flaw in DMC's reasoning. DMC offers an all-or-nothing approach to Christianity based on his perception of flaws in Old Testament storytelling. I think one can take the Old Testament for what it is, and still be a believer in Christ.

Isitjustme?
06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
:lol religion

Blake
06-18-2011, 01:17 PM
probably not since the Bible (old/new testaments) didn't exist the way we know of it. He was probably discussing law and custom with them.

I think the Old Testament (including the story of Noah) is valuable to the religious dogma of modern Christianity, but the inconsistencies of some of the stories therein are not fatal to the concept of Christianity as a redeeming force (i.e. eternal salvation). I am not advocating on behalf of Christianity at all, just pointing out the flaw in DMC's reasoning. DMC offers an all-or-nothing approach to Christianity based on his perception of flaws in Old Testament storytelling. I think one can take the Old Testament for what it is, and still be a believer in Christ.

Jesus practiced Jewish faith...

True or false

koriwhat
06-18-2011, 01:22 PM

True or false

who cares!?

Oh, Gee!!
06-18-2011, 01:26 PM
How do you know of Christ's sacrifice and resurrection?

The Bible.

If the Bible contains stories that are presented as truth but are in reality false, how does that reflect upon the book itself? How does the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth make any more sense than the great flood or the millions of animals on the ark?

the Bible as "the infallible word of God" is one of the many aspects of modern Christianity, and is prevalent in Evangelical circles. Those people will argue against any and all scientific data to make the world fit into their understanding of the Bible and Christianity. Don't let those people speak for all Christians, please.

Basically, once a witness is shown to be a liar, even factual testimony is thrown out.

If the Bible is not the word of God, what good is it? It's been manipulated by men for centuries, and at the Council of Nicea (CoN for short) they decided that 66 books were "real" and the others were "heretic gospels", and set out to destroy all others because they did not reflect the spirit that those chosen few decided was in keeping with God's wishes.

If the book has lies, the CoN were wrong. They were therefore not led by God to choose these books. The alternative is that God is intentionally fucking with you, in which case he's just an uber-troll.

Again you are presenting an all-or-nothing argument. Some parts of the Bible could be factually incorrect and the politics of inclusion or exclusion of certain texts could be flawed, but it wouldn't change the actual point of Christianity: that Christ died for our sins. That is the one thing that is necessary for Christianity.

I'm not telling you it's true and that you should believe it; I'm simply stating that it's irrelevant whether the story of Noah is false or grossly exaggerated. You turned the improbability of Noah's ark into an attack on Christianity itself, and proclaimed it the death knell basically. It's a stupid argument, and you're a stupid person.

Oh, Gee!!
06-18-2011, 01:27 PM

True or false

probably

Blake
06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
who cares!?

me.

why do you care who cares?

Blake
06-18-2011, 01:30 PM
probably

so then do you think Jesus believed the stories in the OT to be true himself?

Oh, Gee!!
06-18-2011, 01:38 PM
so then do you think Jesus believed the stories in the OT to be true himself?

the actual historic Jesus probably wouldn't know what the phrase "Old Testament" meant. The OT comes hundreds of years after the historic Jesus was born.

tlongII
06-18-2011, 02:52 PM
the actual historic Jesus probably wouldn't know what the phrase "Old Testament" meant. The OT comes hundreds of years after the historic Jesus was born.

Wrong. The Old Testament was completed around 400 years before the birth of Jesus.

jimo2305
06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
i'm pretty sure he meant 'before'

DMC
06-18-2011, 05:10 PM
the Bible as "the infallible word of God" is one of the many aspects of modern Christianity, and is prevalent in Evangelical circles. Those people will argue against any and all scientific data to make the world fit into their understanding of the Bible and Christianity. Don't let those people speak for all Christians, please.

You seem to be using special pleading. How is your Christianity any different than the Apostles? How do you know of Jesus and the Apostles?

Again you are presenting an all-or-nothing argument. Some parts of the Bible could be factually incorrect and the politics of inclusion or exclusion of certain texts could be flawed, but it wouldn't change the actual point of Christianity: that Christ died for our sins. That is the one thing that is necessary for Christianity.

You would be correct if Christianity was just a "better way of life", but it's not. It's core rests solely on the belief that God exists, that God had a son, and that the son died for the sins of man and was resurrected and ascended to Heaven. You can fall back on the teachings of Jesus and say that's Christianity, but it's not. You cannot believe in the rain and not believe in the water.

I'm not telling you it's true and that you should believe it; I'm simply stating that it's irrelevant whether the story of Noah is false or grossly exaggerated. You turned the improbability of Noah's ark into an attack on Christianity itself, and proclaimed it the death knell basically. It's a stupid argument, and you're a stupid person.
It's all relevant to whether the veracity of the claim of the NT is valid. Jesus never read the New Testament. He came to fulfill the laws, not to do away with them. Those are the old laws of Moses, not the NT principles that the "ya but" Christians of today try to go both ways on.

Either the Bible is true or it's not. If part of it is false, it's not God's word, since God's word (according to the book itself) cannot lie. If it's not the word of God, it's the word of man. The word of man hold no special "truth", especially if you consider how it's been used over the years.

The concept of Jesus also isn't new. It's been done plenty of times before and since. Funny that there's no book of Jesus, just the books of those who claim to have spent time with him.

DMC
06-18-2011, 05:14 PM

True or false
Sort of. Jews did not believe in baptism, yet Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Jesus led a sect. He and his followers knew of the prophecy and, imo, set out to fill it. That's the problem with known prophesies; people try to make them come to fruition. They become instructions, not predictions.

DMC
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Wrong. The Old Testament was completed around 400 years before the birth of Jesus.

It wasn't called the Old Testament. Why would it be?

It was the Torah.

Monostradamus
06-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Yeah but the term Old Testament didn't come till way later. For a 55 year old bachelor you sure are retarded.

Oh, Gee!!
06-18-2011, 09:52 PM
It's core [Christianity's] rests solely on the belief that God exists, that God had a son, and that the son died for the sins of man and was resurrected and ascended to Heaven.

And all of those things could be still be true even if the story of Noah's Ark is not. And they all could be true even if the Bible as we know was never published. That's my point: the essence of Christianity is not dependent on the veracity of Old Testament stories. I'm not saying these things (the necessary ingredients to Christianity) are true btw, I'm saying they are independent of old testament dogma

Vici
06-18-2011, 10:00 PM
We know nothing of early architecture practices, like how the pyramids were made, so it's possible a ship of that size was made. And the fact that a great flood is in more than one story supports that it happened.

There are so many things wrong with this it's not even worth trying.

Blake
06-19-2011, 12:01 AM

that's not what I asked.

Jesus obviously knew the characters and stories in what we refer today as the Old Testament.

do you think Jesus believed the stories in the OT to be true himself?

Blake
06-19-2011, 12:14 AM
That's my point: the essence of Christianity is not dependent on the veracity of Old Testament stories. I'm not saying these things (the necessary ingredients to Christianity) are true btw, I'm saying they are independent of old testament dogma

Not sure where you get this from.

Every Christian teaching Ive ever seen shows Christianity to be dependent on the OT, notably because Jesus himself leaned on it.

A link would be good.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-19-2011, 12:17 AM
My dad taught me about these.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-19-2011, 12:22 AM
My dad taught me about these.
Have you gotten accepted into the mookie crew yet?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-19-2011, 12:34 AM
My dad gave me a lot of good advice growing up, but the thing that sticks out the most is the role model that he was and is

Oh, Gee!!
06-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Not sure where you get this from.

Every Christian teaching Ive ever seen shows Christianity to be dependent on the OT, notably because Jesus himself leaned on it.

A link would be good.

you provide the link that states once and for all that Christianity (and eternal salvation for that matter) depends upon the veracity of Old Testament stories. Let me give you a hint: you won't find one. Let me give you another hint: you've been posting out of your ass the entire thread. You obviously know very little about history or religion.

mouse
06-19-2011, 02:08 AM
what a difference 11 minutes make. If this isn't bipolar symptom what is?

Posted: 11:11

posted: 11:22

Oh, Gee!!
06-19-2011, 02:20 AM
that's not what I asked.

Jesus obviously knew the characters and stories in what we refer today as the Old Testament.

do you think Jesus believed the stories in the OT to be true himself?

maybe, but what would that matter? if they were factually true or parable, would that change the ramifications of Christ's sacrifice for us?

koriwhat
06-19-2011, 08:59 AM
what a difference 11 minutes make. If this isn't bipolar symptom what is?

Posted: 11:11

posted: 11:22

Making a great case for yourself, online stalker. Why are you so infatuated with me?

rascal
06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
The dimensions of the ark are perfect for floating.
Not sure of the exact technical word but there is a measurement for "floatability".:lol

Claim is not that one man built it but he and his 4 sons. Also it took them years to build it.

Noah lived for what 900 years. So it probably took a few hundred years to build.

rascal
06-19-2011, 09:45 AM

The Bible has been edited many times through history and meanings have been lost in translation. One or two words can be altered and end up with an entirely different meaning.

rascal
06-19-2011, 09:50 AM
What is impossible for Man is possible for God. God had a hand in the building of the Ark.
It took Noah and his sons hundreds of years to build. Back then Men lived hundreds of years.
Only the main branches of every animal went into the Ark. The animals went into some type of hibernation mode where little food or water was needed.

Blake
06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
you provide the link that states once and for all that Christianity (and eternal salvation for that matter) depends upon the veracity of Old Testament stories. Let me give you a hint: you won't find one. Let me give you another hint: you've been posting out of your ass the entire thread. You obviously know very little about history or religion.

Jesus said it.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

I think you are speaking of Christianity out of your ass.

Blake
06-19-2011, 10:10 AM
maybe, but what would that matter? if they were factually true or parable, would that change the ramifications of Christ's sacrifice for us?

that's sidestepping my point.

Jesus clearly believed in the prophecy of the OT.

If the stories mentioned are simply parables, then why would anyone also believe the prophecies of the OT?

koriwhat
06-19-2011, 10:20 AM
God this, god that... I read a foolish book and go to church, therefor i am knowledgable of great myths created many many centuries ago. Yall talk like yall know whatthe fuck yall speak of... Too funny.

Blake
06-19-2011, 10:28 AM
God this, god that... I read a foolish book and go to church, therefor i am knowledgable of great myths created many many centuries ago. Yall talk like yall know whatthe fuck yall speak of... Too funny.

Calf tats

/funny

DMC
06-19-2011, 10:33 AM
And all of those things could be still be true even if the story of Noah's Ark is not. And they all could be true even if the Bible as we know was never published. That's my point: the essence of Christianity is not dependent on the veracity of Old Testament stories. I'm not saying these things (the necessary ingredients to Christianity) are true btw, I'm saying they are independent of old testament dogma

"On the other hand, if the proofs for Christianity from the Old Testament, are not valid, if the arguments founded on that Book be not conclusive, and the Prophecies cited from thence be not fulfilled, then has Christianity no just foundation; for the foundation on which Jesus and his Apostles built it is then invalid, and false. Nor can miracles, said to have been wrought by Jesus, and his Apostles in behalf of Christianity, avail anything in the case. For miracles can never render a foundation valid, which is in itself invalid; can never make a false inference true; can never make a prophecy fulfilled, which is not fulfilled; and can never designate a Messiah, or Jesus for the Messiah, if both are not marked out in the Old Testament; no more than they could prove the earth to be the sun, or a mouse a lion."

The Grounds of Christianity Examined by Comparing The New Testament with the Old

Author: George Bethune English

Release Date: June 1, 2005 [EBook #15968]

DMC
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
The Bible has been edited many times through history and meanings have been lost in translation. One or two words can be altered and end up with an entirely different meaning.

Are you arguing that the story of the Ark is misinterpreted?

Why would anyone consider it to be a fable? Perhaps because its premises are incredible? Fantastic claims require fantastic evidence to support them. Christians seem to accept, prima facie, these claims. Where is the evidence to show the world flooded above it's tallest peak? Where did the water come from, where did it go?

The story is obviously a fable, however Christianity has painted itself into a theological corner using such a broad brush that they cannot walk back through it without destroying the religion itself. That's the price they pay for centuries of fear based control.

tlongII
06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
It wasn't called the Old Testament. Why would it be?

It was the Torah.

I know it wasn't called the "Old Testament" at that time. That doesn't change the fact that it was completed around 400 years before the birth of Jesus.

tlongII
06-19-2011, 04:15 PM
What is impossible for Man is possible for God. God had a hand in the building of the Ark.
It took Noah and his sons hundreds of years to build. Back then Men lived hundreds of years.
Only the main branches of every animal went into the Ark. The animals went into some type of hibernation mode where little food or water was needed.

Really? :lmao

Amarelooms
06-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Putting animals on a boat....most of the bible is crap...sure the spiritual meaning is good but anyone who takes that shit literally..is a true dummy. Next you're going to tell me Jesus physically came back after being killed....yeah okay....so it's been 2000 years...maybe make another appearance??

Why the fuck would God who is all powerful give a shit what I believe? Even more hilarious is that he's going to punish me if I don't believe what he wants me to....retarded bullshit...wake up dummies

:elephant

baseline bum
06-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Really? :lmao

Curious... what made that part especially funny? The whole quote was comedic gold.

phyzik
06-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Great Documentary if you watch it objectively.... Of course, most religious people will immediately shit on it without thinking once it starts to show some actual fucking sense....

Whatever. They are brainwashed anyway so fuck 'em..

73_IjNPmIEI

Happy Devil
06-20-2011, 08:12 AM

Being around you is pure hell.

rascal
06-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Curious... what made that part especially funny? The whole quote was comedic gold.

Some day you will stand before God and you won't think it is so funny.

Blake
06-20-2011, 11:44 AM

RandomGuy
06-20-2011, 11:59 AM

Odd.

Other places had writing, such as China and India.

There are no accounts of "men" living hundreds of years there.

We also have DNA carefully extracted from remains of the period.

Little to no different than modern DNA.

So basically, the only written accounts of people living so long are from the translations of the ancient biblical texts that we have today.

These people had the same set of instructions as our bodies, yet were so markedly different that they had lifespans multiples of ours.

We also have no grave markers from the time that even hint at ages in the "hundreds" of years, that I am aware of.

All we have is some people's intepretation of the old testament and no corroberating evidence.

koriwhat
06-20-2011, 12:16 PM

only if god is as lame as the trolls here at ST, then yes, i won't laugh.

manufan10
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM

True or false

True.

koriwhat
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Jesus was real, true or false? Prove it! Hahahaha

baseline bum
06-20-2011, 01:39 PM

The day I survive my own death to come face judgement as a ghost? :lol

manufan10
06-20-2011, 02:02 PM

True.

baseline bum
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM

False. Jesus was complex irrational... most likely imaginary.

Blake
06-20-2011, 02:28 PM

I found a picture.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp9/newtattoodesigns/Festival%20Tattoo%20Designs/Christmas%20Tattoo%20Designs/jesus-tattoo-crown-thorns-calf.jpg

must be true.

DMC
06-20-2011, 07:13 PM
That's Bob Segar.