PDA

View Full Version : Trade with Lakers?

SpursGlory
06-17-2011, 03:31 AM
I don't like to trade with rivals, but it works on trade machine, so here it is. Spurs get Gasol/Odom for Parker/Jefferson/Blair/29 pick. The pick wasn't involved in trade machine, but I threw it in since Lakers don't have a first round pick, and they could use it to move up via trade on draft night.

The trade would help both squads right from the get go, we get a legit center who can score, and gives Tim help on the defensive end. We won two championships with medicore centers that didn't give us any scoring Nazr/Nesterovic Gasol can score. Gasol would be the best center paired with Timmy, since Robinson. Odom would be the long 3, we need giving us length, and helps us spread the floor, plus he's a major upgrade from Jefferson. The Lakers get a allstar PG, they have never had a player of Parkers caliber at the point in the Kobe Bryant era, being able to create for himself, and his teammates. Blair is full of talent, and would be a starter on the Lakers where I could easily see him averaging 20/10 a night if not more. With Jefferson they get a bench player, who can compete with Artest for the starting position, or to be used as trading piece on draft night with the 29 pick they get from us.

Lineups look like this

Gasol
Duncan
Odom
Ginobili
Hill

Bynum
Blair
Artest
Bryant
Parker

Russo21
06-17-2011, 04:03 AM
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Which means the Lakers won't:depressed

frodo
06-17-2011, 05:11 AM
it looks good on paper however in actuality it'd be just yet another lateral move for dem spurs, at finest. instead of a soft big who fears going one-on-one at da low post, a defensive big would be a much better companion to tim imho. Odom plays a good game once in a while, the rest time he's just as much of a flop as jefferson imho.

frodo
06-17-2011, 05:22 AM
I don't like to trade with rivals, but it works on trade machine, so here it is. Spurs get Gasol/Odom for Parker/Jefferson/Blair/29 pick. The pick wasn't involved in trade machine, but I threw it in since Lakers don't have a first round pick, and they could use it to move up via trade on draft night.

The trade would help both squads right from the get go, we get a legit center who can score, and gives Tim help on the defensive end. We won two championships with medicore centers that didn't give us any scoring Nazr/Nesterovic Gasol can score. Gasol would be the best center paired with Timmy, since Robinson. Odom would be the long 3, we need giving us length, and helps us spread the floor, plus he's a major upgrade from Jefferson. The Lakers get a allstar PG, they have never had a player of Parkers caliber at the point in the Kobe Bryant era, being able to create for himself, and his teammates. Blair is full of talent, and would be a starter on the Lakers where I could easily see him averaging 20/10 a night if not more. With Jefferson they get a bench player, who can compete with Artest for the starting position, or to be used as trading piece on draft night with the 29 pick they get from us.

Lineups look like this

Gasol
Duncan
Odom
Ginobili
Hill

Bynum
Blair
Artest
Bryant
Parker
jefferson is a dead contract im sorry to say, pretty much like our beloved contract whore haywood tbh. trimming that bald gay would be the only reason for dem spurs to get done this deal imho, if it was parker/jefferson for pau/odom then it may be worth considering, but theres no hell of way blair should be traded imho. blair will evolve into a pivot of the team in the foreseeable future imho

Seventyniner
06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Troll thread? If unlimited cash transfers were allowed in trades, the Spurs would have to add about $60 million to make this fair.

If this trade happened, Kobe would flip out and probably kill Mike Brown in the locker room halfway through the season when the Lakers are 19-22.

ambchang
06-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Lopsided trade for one (in favour of the Spurs).

Second, and I hate to say it, it's no longer viable to build a team around Duncan and Ginobili. Duncan can transition into a defensive player to clog the lane (like Robinson used to do), Ginobili would be a support bench player who plays 20 mpg, but they would need another superstar/top-notch player or two to carry them. Unless the Heat really is willing to drop Lebron for Jefferson/Parker/Blair, there really isn't anyone who can help the Spurs.

And no way in hell will Heat drop Lebron, and there is even less of a chance the Heat will drop Lebron for Parker, a horrible contract, and an undersized hustle player.

frodo
06-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Lopsided trade for one (in favour of the Spurs).

Second, and I hate to say it, it's no longer viable to build a team around Duncan and Ginobili. Duncan can transition into a defensive player to clog the lane (like Robinson used to do), Ginobili would be a support bench player who plays 20 mpg, but they would need another superstar/top-notch player or two to carry them. Unless the Heat really is willing to drop Lebron for Jefferson/Parker/Blair, there really isn't anyone who can help the Spurs.

And no way in hell will Heat drop Lebron, and there is even less of a chance the Heat will drop Lebron for Parker, a horrible contract, and an undersized hustle player.

yeah their squad is old and damn flawed but they still managed to take the #1 seed this past season. just trim the trashes like jefferson/splitter etc... the soonest you can while keep grooming the young talents such as neal, hill and our course my nigga blair. dem nigs will all step in big roles before long i believe, and tim/manu will still be playing.

joshdaboss
06-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I'd love it. Unfortunately, they'd laugh in our faces.

Vic Petro
06-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Spurs: Gasol, Ariza
LAL: Paul, Bonner, McDyess
NO: Odom, Parker

BurningMoNk
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
the Spurs and Lakers are not gonna help each other in any trade, plus the spurs would want to get younger anyway