PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 2nd Greatest PF of all-time???

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm very curious to see how people vote this one. It's believed (not saying we're right or wrong) that Tim Duncan is the #1 PF of all-time, and because this is a Spurs website, I'm sure there will be some bias towards timmy.

But here's my question to you Spurstalk....Who's #2??? If you feel I left your choice out of the poll...vote other and leave me a comment on who you are voting for.

Here are the choices,

Dirk, Barkley, Malone, Garnett, and other.

Do you put Dirk and Garnett above Barkley and Malone only because they have a ring?? Do you put Garnett over Dirk because of defense?? Do you put Dirk over Garnett because of offense???

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
I will wait for the poll to vote.

TimmehC
06-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Luis Scola.

Cessation
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd go for malone, dirk, garnett, barkely. I can't stand that faggot malone, but he was good for a very long time, and just got unlucky going up against jordan. Garnett is the biggest douche, and great defensivelly, but he had another 3 great players around him, while dirk is the first option, among a bunch of descent players. I'd put dirk second if he wins another ring, which is doubtfull, getting up ther in age and there are some young teams on the rise in both conferences.

LnGrrrR
06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Garnett, Dirk/Barkley, Malone. I think as good as Malone was, a lot of it comes from Stockton and throwing elbows. Dirk and Barkley are near equal, I'll give Dirk the edge for the ring. I put Garnett at the top due to defense; not just his, but his ability to make others on the team defensively better as well.

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Sorry guys It says that I cannot add a poll because it's been more than 15 minutes. WELL IVE BEEN TRYING TO DO IT FOR THE PAST 20 MINUTES!!!!!!!! That Vbulletin message can take it's two character option limit and shove it up it's own ass.

Me = fail at adding polls (very embarassing and I'm crying as I type...Lil help here???)

Anyways I'm casting my vote for Garnett. I've always been a defense guy. However, Dirk can very easily take that spot away with another ring.

Tinystarz
06-17-2011, 04:57 PM
the mailman

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Luis Scola.

Guess that's a vote for "other" :toast

TimmehC
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Guess that's a vote for "other" :toast
OK fine, my serious answer would be Malone. Even though I hate that punkass with every fiber of my being, helluva player.

Amaso
06-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Karl Malone

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
OK fine, my serious answer would be Malone. Even though I hate that punkass with every fiber of my being, helluva player.

Believe me....I picked up the sarcasm with the Luis Scolia reference. Only was trying to be funny. Keyword: trying

BTW...what the hell did Karl Malone do to you??? Why all the anger??? Just curious...

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Early vote getters:

Malone-3
Garnett-2
Barkley-0
Dirk-0

TimmehC
06-17-2011, 05:14 PM
BTW...what the hell did Karl Malone do to you??? Why all the anger??? Just curious...

Knocking out the Admiral, plus all the other cheap shots(Stockton was pretty good at those too). It also doesn't help that the Jazz always seemed to knock out the Spurs back in those days. Finally, attempting to coattail with the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Cessation
06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I remember malone won season mvp, and jordan completelly shat all over him in the finals. lol it was fun seeing rodman get in his head too

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Finally, attempting to coattail with the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Lol at him and "The Glove" trying to coattail ride.

http://www.lakersuniverse.com/pictures/payton_malone.jpg

Ghazi
06-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Duncan

JamStone
06-17-2011, 05:50 PM
KG, just ahead of Dirk. I'd have Charles 4th as well. Malone 5th.

JJ Hickson
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Duncan

Dex
06-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Sorry guys It says that I cannot add a poll because it's been more than 15 minutes. WELL IVE BEEN TRYING TO DO IT FOR THE PAST 20 MINUTES!!!!!!!! That Vbulletin message can take it's two character option limit and shove it up it's own ass.

Me = fail at adding polls (very embarassing and I'm crying as I type...Lil help here???)

Anyways I'm casting my vote for Garnett. I've always been a defense guy. However, Dirk can very easily take that spot away with another ring.

Just so you don't shower-rod yourself, polls have been broken for quite some time now.

frodo
06-17-2011, 06:41 PM
duncan/KG/dirk/malone all be candidates for da #1 tbh its hard to say who's convincingly better then other 3, its a spurs website so just assume duncan to be da best PF of all time, deserved or not. dirk/malone/KG represent 3 different styles imho, malone be da true NIGGA exploring da low post w/o much tricks & dribbles, dirk be just da opposite who relies alot on his skills/movement, KG be moderate.

DMC
06-17-2011, 06:47 PM
One thing you know for sure: If you want to know who's the best, just take all the votes and look at the 2nd pick. The first pick will be the homer pick and the second will be the truth.

Notice how many here put Duncan second? You might think "why second? Why not third or fourth?" Because they know he's first, and the guy they are pushing as first is lucky to be named at all most of the time but they don't want to look like total idiots.

So, it's obviously Duncan, Duncan and then everyone else.

frodo
06-17-2011, 06:53 PM
One thing you know for sure: If you want to know who's the best, just take all the votes and look at the 2nd pick. The first pick will be the homer pick and the second will be the truth.

Notice how many here put Duncan second? You might think "why second? Why not third or fourth?" Because they know he's first, and the guy they are pushing as first is lucky to be named at all most of the time but they don't want to look like total idiots.

speakin of homer pick, Mr. SHITE must be your pick as da #1 center of all time ignoring other 1245376345 centers who are/were clearly better players.

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 07:22 PM

+1 :toast Couldn't of said it better myself.

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Just so you don't shower-rod yourself, polls have been broken for quite some time now.

Thanks....that explains A LOT.

dunkman
06-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Duncan is the best PF ever. He's far ahead, dominant offensive player, rebounder and defensive player. Passing trough prime-Shaq/prime-Kobe/Phil Jax without a second all-star was his finest moment, he won another 3 championships.

Second now is Nowitzki, continuously improved his game in every aspect. Winning that championship without a second star, outclassing the the Lakers (Kobe + Odom/Bynum/Gasol) and and passing trough the Heat (Wade, LeBron, Bosh), both heavy favorites has to count for something. Plus another finals in 2006 leading another Mavs team that only has Terry left.

Then goes Malone with three finals, while he wasn't the Lakers leader, he was important for them too. But he just couldn't push the Jazz to the top.

KG won a championship and was in another finals, but past his prime, the star of those teams was Paul Pierce.

McHale has to be ranked high, he was great finisher, however not an assist guy. Great defensive player, but the 3 championship Celtics teams were all about Bird.

Barkley was another great player. One finals after a fantastic season, he was often out of shape and while great rebounder, he was average defensive player at best. When he joined the Rockets, with Hakeem and Pippen, it was too late.

DMC
06-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Dirk isn't number 2.

That would be Malone or Barkley. Dirk isn't even in the top 5.

You cannot use Chandler's defense for Dirk's greatness. Dirk has to have both offense and defense to be in the top 5 PFs of all time. He has a shitload of offense, but not much defense. He's no doubt the best pure shooter in the game, and only a 7' Monta Ellis would compare, but he doesn't exist.

Xanax Bottle
06-17-2011, 08:03 PM

So let's use your logic and count the votes!

#1 PF of All Time Selections -- 7 for Duncan, 3 are Undecided (The people who picked Duncan as second since everyone else was voting in compliance with the 'Duncan is #1' rule. They just didn't pick a #1.)

#2 PF of All Time Selections - 4 Malone, 3 KG, 3 Duncan

So by your own logic it seems that Duncan is the homer answer, and the real greatest PF of all time is Malone.

Good on you to admit that, DMC. :toast

frodo
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
of all these candidates Dirk/Duncan by far are the only two nigs who had won championships as da No.1 guy. malone of prime version might beat dirk/Tim one-on-one however the absence of a ring and the fact that he coattailed the lakers 03-04 should definitely count against him in the all-time rank imho

frodo
06-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Dirk isn't number 2.

That would be Malone or Barkley. Dirk isn't even in the top 5.

You cannot use Chandler's defense for Dirk's greatness. Dirk has to have both offense and defense to be in the top 5 PFs of all time. He has a shitload of offense, but not much defense. He's no doubt the best pure shooter in the game, and only a 7' Monta Ellis would compare, but he doesn't exist.

where do you place your nation's hero on the all-time centers ranking bro?

TheManFromAcme
06-17-2011, 08:16 PM
sheer sacrilege that "Big Game" James Worthy isn't in the conversation

jjktkk
06-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Garnett, Dirk/Barkley, Malone. I think as good as Malone was, a lot of it comes from Stockton and throwing elbows. Dirk and Barkley are near equal, I'll give Dirk the edge for the ring. I put Garnett at the top due to defense; not just his, but his ability to make others on the team defensively better as well.

No Mchale love from yea LnGrrrR?

dirk4mvp
06-17-2011, 09:09 PM
You can argue Dirk isn't #2, even thought he's making a case for it with several good seasons left, but there isn't really an argument to put him outside the top 5.

endrity
06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
One argument that I have a problem with is Malone's longevity. A lot of people put him second automatically because of that. I don't know if Dirk will last as long. Probably not. Now that he has his ring, once he feels he isn't an elite player anymore he will just walk out. Malone never did that because he was chasing a ring more than anything else.

In his prime, Malone will always be remembered as a phenomenal player who however relied on a great PG to get him a lot of easy buckets, and someone who usually shrank a lot when the moment to shine came. That's different than Barkley btw, who probably gave MJ's Bulls their toughest finals, but was unlucky to come up against probably the best Jordan ever.

j-money24
06-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Mailman>Duncan

DMC
06-17-2011, 10:18 PM
http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/duncan-01.jpg

Greatest PF to ever play the game.

Who's number 2? I don't know. Who's the 2nd greatest player of all time? There's MJ then who? No one knows... or cares.

DMC
06-17-2011, 10:24 PM
You can argue Dirk isn't #2, even thought he's making a case for it with several good seasons left, but there isn't really an argument to put him outside the top 5.

If we could separate it down to offense and defense, it would be much easier to see my point.

Tim has both. Other than his 70% or so FT shooting, the guy was the perfect player. He had no weakness, none. He had a good outside shot, could take it to the hole, could get his own rebounds and put it back as good as anyone, and on defense we all know what he was.

The 2011 Mavs with a 2003 Tim Duncan instead of Dirk would have swept the Heat. No way the Heat were as good as the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. No way they were as good as the 2005 Pistons.

dirk4mvp
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Hey if you feel the need to diminish Dirk's accomplishments to prop up a player who's already considered better than him all time, go right ahead. Your argument isn't making any sense since this is about Dirk being arguably #2 (behind Duncan) and surely in the top 5 PFs.

DMC
06-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey if you feel the need to diminish Dirk's accomplishments to prop up a player who's already considered better than him all time, go right ahead. Your argument isn't making any sense since this is about Dirk being arguably #2 (behind Duncan) and surely in the top 5 PFs.
I couldn't diminish Dirk's accomplishments if I tried and I haven't even tried. He's not a good defender. That's not news to anyone around here. In order to be the greatest of all time at a position that guards the paint, you have to guard the paint. He shoots well, but lets people waltz right by him in the paint. So he won the ring this year and got the MVP. Parker got an MVP and won 3 rings. I don't see anyone calling him the 2nd best PG of all time.

There are many other PFs who've played throughout history that have both scored and defended well. Dirk's offense is better than most any of the others, but his defense weighs down the total score if it were a scoring system for top 5 or whatever. You cannot simply ignore defense.

DMC
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
So let's use your logic and count the votes!

#1 PF of All Time Selections -- 7 for Duncan, 3 are Undecided (The people who picked Duncan as second since everyone else was voting in compliance with the 'Duncan is #1' rule. They just didn't pick a #1.)

#2 PF of All Time Selections - 4 Malone, 3 KG, 3 Duncan

So by your own logic it seems that Duncan is the homer answer, and the real greatest PF of all time is Malone.

Good on you to admit that, DMC. :toast

Trolol

dirk4mvp
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
So there's not really any difference between Parker and Dirk.

And it's not 2003 anymore, Dirk isn't Olauwon but he doesn't "let people waltz right by him in the paint".

DMC
06-17-2011, 10:44 PM
So there's not really any difference between Parker and Dirk.

And it's not 2003 anymore, Dirk isn't Olauwon but he doesn't "let people waltz right by him in the paint".

Let's see a highlight reel of Dirk, see how many of his highlights are defensive moves.

Nathan89
06-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Let's see a highlight reel of Dirk, see how many of his highlights are defensive moves.

It doesn't matter he won the ring. Not only did he win the ring he did it without any other all-stars on his team. Garnett won with 2 other all-stars and he wasn't even the finals mvp. He also played with what is now considered a top 5 pg in Rondo.

dirk4mvp
06-17-2011, 10:59 PM
highlight reel? What does that matter? There's highlight reels out there that make Matt Carroll and Kwame Brown look like a good nba player. I've seen enough Mavericks/Dirk games to know he doesn't let people waltz by him in the paint.

DMC
06-17-2011, 11:44 PM
highlight reel? What does that matter? There's highlight reels out there that make Matt Carroll and Kwame Brown look like a good nba player. I've seen enough Mavericks/Dirk games to know he doesn't let people waltz by him in the paint.

I watched players waltz by Dirk in the paint several times. He plays matador style defense. He's rarely a factor at the defensive end, damn near invisible for a 7 footer.

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Things that concern me about the way this thread is going:

#1- The ABSOLUTE MORONS who honestly believe that Timmy is the 2nd best PF of all-time.
Timmy's trophy count::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:(All as the alpha dog BTW)
Next highest guy on this lists count::lobt:

#2- The lack of "other" votes. I think I do remember a Kevin McKhale reference earlier. But the guy quickly shot him down as the #2 PF of all time. Guess that means it's these five guys and nobody else.

#3- No Love for Barkley at all???? None??? Not one Phoenix Suns fan on this entire website.....
http://imu.uiowa.edu/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/turrible.jpg

4>0rings
06-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Dirk wins one ring and suddenly he went from choker, ugly chick lover, soft, menace to exercise bikes, to the GOAT?

Child, please.

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 11:56 PM

Now I'm a Spurs fan....and I've seen enough Tony Parker/Spurs games to remember Tony Parker living in the paint with Dirk's ass right beside (more like behind) him.

Care to call me a liar on that one??? Erica Dampier was SCREAMING for someone to put him on his ass.

Silver&Black
06-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Dirk wins one ring and suddenly he went from choker, ugly chick lover, soft, menace to exercise bikes, to the GOAT?

Child, please.

Imagine if he had......like four rings.....right??

JoeTait75
06-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Duncan is a center.

imo.

4>0rings
06-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Imagine if he had......like four rings.....right??
Not possible, even then he wouldn't crack the top 10. No D, no rebounding... go sit down.

dirk4mvp
06-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Now I'm a Spurs fan....and I've seen enough Tony Parker/Spurs games to remember Tony Parker living in the paint with Dirk's ass right beside (more like behind) him.

Care to call me a liar on that one??? Erica Dampier was SCREAMING for someone to put him on his ass.

Who was guarding Parker on the perimeter? Was he an adequate enough defender to consistently keep Parker from getting in the lane? Don't be retarded on purpose.

dirk4mvp
06-18-2011, 12:02 AM
4>0 rings continues his streak of irrelevancy going.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:05 AM
It doesn't matter he won the ring. Not only did he win the ring he did it without any other all-stars on his team. Garnett won with 2 other all-stars and he wasn't even the finals mvp. He also played with what is now considered a top 5 pg in Rondo.

All Star is a popularity contest. Yao Ming gets an All Star slot every year.

Silver&Black
06-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Who was guarding Parker on the perimeter? Was he an adequate enough defender to consistently keep Parker from getting in the lane? Don't be retarded on purpose.

ERICA DAMPIER WASN'T GUARDING PARKER ON THE PERIMETER EITHER!!!!!!!! We all know that whoever was playin PG for Dallas was getting his doors blown off from the get-go. WHAT DOES THAT LEAVE!!!!! All the bigs and there so called "help" defense. This includes people like your mighty Dirk.

Did you know that the Spurs have run the pick and roll for over 10 years now??? When a screen is set......THATS THE PURPOSE OF THE PICK AND ROLL!!!!! Get a slower person on Parker....blow by....2 points.

frodo
06-18-2011, 12:14 AM
All Star is a popularity contest. Yao Ming get an All Star slot every year.

yeah chinks won it every year, which however only demonstrated their stupidity and homoism tbh. shite was voted all-star when he was ruled to miss the entire season, just one quintessence of their stupidity/inferiority tbh

its a population contest imho

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Jason Kidd has been to many All Star games including 2010. Jason Terry won the 6th man award just a couple years back. Peja, 3x NBA All Star. Shawn Marion, 3x All Star.

You get the point. Add Tyson Chandler as a solid defender and offensive presence in the paint and Dirk wasn't an island.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Not possible, even then he wouldn't crack the top 10. No D, no rebounding... go sit down.
If the guy's offense was good enough to win 4 rings with a crew of middle of the road players, he would be in the running for top 10 despite his defense and rebounding flaws.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:24 AM
All Star is a popularity contest. Yao Ming gets an All Star slot every year.

So who on the Mavs do think should have been an all-star but wasn't popular enough to be one?

Silver&Black
06-18-2011, 12:25 AM
On defense alone, Dirk is 5th out of the 5 people on this list.

That's 1/2 the game folks. And I'm not saying that Dirk is terrible at defense, but he's not quite on par with the other four. Offensively, Dirk can hold his own with any of these guys, but he loses points for his defense...sorry that's just me.

For that simple fact alone, I cannot put Dirk #2. But like I said earlier, win another ring and I'll quickly do some re-evaluations.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:25 AM
So who on the Mavs do think should have been an all-star but wasn't popular enough to be one?
It's a popularity contest. You seemed to have missed that point.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Jason Kidd has been to many All Star games including 2010. Jason Terry won the 6th man award just a couple years back. Peja, 3x NBA All Star. Shawn Marion, 3x All Star.

You get the point. Add Tyson Chandler as a solid defender and offensive presence in the paint and Dirk wasn't an island.

:lmao Peja. really?

I'd trade you Peja for Bonner straight up tomorrow without blinking. You'd say "no" just as fast.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:28 AM
:lmao Peja. really?

I'd trade you Peja for Bonner straight up tomorrow without blinking. You'd say "no" just as fast.
Read the thread dipshit. It was said that the Dirk had no all stars playing around him. Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion and Peja were all stars. TP didn't make the AS this year, does he no longer count as an all star player on the Spurs?

Have people word their responses more carefully and I will avoid using asinine examples.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:29 AM

Jkidd 38yo Averaged 8pts
Peja 34yo Didn't even play the entire year with the Mavs
Marion 33yo Average 12.5pts

No, I don't get the point,tbh.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
Have people word their responses more carefully and I will avoid using asinine examples.

:lmao great exuse. "Everybody else is posting retarded crap, so will I!"

dirk4mvp
Parker's not in his mid to late 30's either and hasn't declined as much as any of those players.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-18-2011, 12:31 AM
lol tbh DMC's obtuse as fuck bullshit in this thread only further cements Dirk's legacy.

The Big 3 in Miami was a Big 5 if I've ever seen it. Or do you motherfuckers not remember All-Stars Mike Bibby and Juwan Howard dominating?

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:33 AM
It's a popularity contest. You seemed to have missed that point.

No you missed the point.

I said Dirk led a team with no all-stars to a ring.

You said the all-star game is a popularity contest.

Now I want to know who on the fucking Mavs deserved to make the all-star game but didn't because it's a popularity contest.

Now name some names.

frodo
06-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Read the thread dipshit. It was said that the Dirk had no all stars playing around him. Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion and Peja were all stars. TP didn't make the AS this year, does he no longer count as an all star player on the Spurs?

dirk was the only all-star from dallas in the 11' all-star game thats the point, and we don't have no such big population to upthrust a 7'6 piece of SHITE into the ASG.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh fuck, forgot about Zydrunas and Magloire.

Big 7.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:35 AM

:lmao Comparing a former all-star that's still in his prime(parker) to former all-stars that are way past their prime.

frodo
06-18-2011, 12:36 AM
lol tbh DMC's obtuse as fuck bullshit in this thread only further cements Dirk's legacy.

The Big 3 in Miami was a Big 5 if I've ever seen it. Or do you motherfuckers not remember All-Stars Mike Bibby and Juwan Howard dominating?

and magloire was da eastern starting C once upon a time, Z was also an all-star in as recent as the 06' all-star game IIRC.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Jkidd 38yo Averaged 8pts
Peja 34yo Didn't even play the entire year with the Mavs
Marion 33yo Average 12.5pts

No, I don't get the point,tbh.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5299161&postcount=4 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181509&highlight=Peja)

Really?

Why? He played well this playoffs. This is his first time playing next to a superstar and he won a championship. It's not his fault he hasn't ever played next to a superstar. Otherwise he would have more rings.

Isitjustme?
06-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Who's operating the DMC troll?

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:41 AM

lol Dirk's legacy riding on my words.

lol Dirk's legacy as an offensive powerhouse only. He will always be seeing Tim Duncan's name ahead of his.

The Big 3 in Miami was a Big 5 if I've ever seen it. Or do you motherfuckers not remember All-Stars Mike Bibby and Juwan Howard dominating?Don't equivocate the term "all star" and you wont have these problems.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Itsjustme

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:44 AM
:lmao Comparing a former all-star that's still in his prime(parker) to former all-stars that are way past their prime.

Prime? lol...

Kidd just won a championship. Parker lost in the 1st round. Prime? What is prime?

lol showing your own words that Peja played great and would have more rings if he had a superstar to play with before.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:45 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5299161&postcount=4 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181509&highlight=Peja)

Really?

WTF, why do you have this in your back pocket?

He did play well in the playoffs, not in the finals. That doesn't make him anywhere near a all-star. My point was that he deserved a ring as much as the next guy.

frodo
06-18-2011, 12:46 AM

some arrogant immigrant from chinks land imho

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Prime? lol...

Kidd just won a championship. Parker lost in the 1st round. Prime? What is prime?

lol showing your own words that Peja played great and would have more rings if he had a superstar to play with before.

LOL acting like Kidd isn't past his prime yet he averaged 7.7pts in the finals.:lmao

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Prime? lol...

LOL that was a jab against BRhornet and his beloved CP3.

:lolDMC thinking he making a good point.

Silver&Black
LOL acting like Kidd isn't past his prime yet he averaged 7.7pts in the finals.:lmao

Hell....I'll take them 7.7 ppg....and raise you about 10+ apg. On the top, I'll also throw in some KEY strips of both D-wade and Lebron.

Not saying 7.7 ppg is a lot by no means....or that J. Kidd isn't past his prime....but your also forgetting a couple things.

DMC
dirk was the only all-star from dallas in the 11' all-star game thats the point, and we don't have no such big population to upthrust a 7'6 piece of SHITE into the ASG.

In 2003 Tim Duncan was the only Spur in the ASG. However, both Dirk and Nash were in it. Guess who won the ring that year?

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:51 AM
No you missed the point.

I said Dirk led a team with no all-stars to a ring.

You said the all-star game is a popularity contest.

Now I want to know who on the fucking Mavs deserved to make the all-star game but didn't because it's a popularity contest.

Now name some names.

Still waiting for names...

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:51 AM
LOL that was a jab a BRhornet and his beloved CP3.

Right. You were only trolling. Never heard that one.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:52 AM
It's a popularity contest. How can you deserve to be popular?

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:53 AM
WTF, why do you have this in your back pocket?

He did play well in the playoffs, not in the finals. That doesn't make him anywhere near a all-star. My point was that he deserved a ring as much as the next guy.
Wait, it was a jab at BR Hornet now it's not?

Make up your mind.

frodo
06-18-2011, 12:53 AM
LOL that was a jab a BRhornet and his beloved CP3.

bitch thinks hes doing a decent job trolling when no one gives a crap'bout his trolling, just tawdry makeup of coarse talks w/o no witty content.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Look at all the fish. Anyone here know the limit?

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Wait, it was a jab at BR Hornet now it's not?

Make up your mind.

Why? He played well this playoffs. This is his first time playing next to a superstar and he won a championship. It's not his fault he hasn't ever played next to a superstar. Otherwise he would have more rings.

The Bold is the truth. The rest is a subtle troll you idiot.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 12:58 AM

I guess you don't know that the best players in the league are supposed to make the all-star game.

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I guess you don't know that the best players in the league are supposed to make the all-star game.
Supposed to? Show me that rule somewhere. Was Yao the best in the league last year?

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:59 AM

The Bold is the truth. The rest is a subtle troll you idiot.

Subtle.

frodo
06-18-2011, 12:59 AM

population contest, SHITE was the most popular person in your motherland and he probably still is even after retiring from the game, however on the american continent the only places where he was/is popular are those so-called china pisshole towns tbqh

Silver&Black
06-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Hey Frodo:

Boy you really have a beef against chinese people don't you. China hater #1. That's about the 3rd or 4th chinese slur in only a couple hours.

Well played sir.....

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Supposed to? Show me that rule somewhere. Was Yao the best in the league last year?

Yes the fans are supposed to vote on who they think are the best players in the NBA to make the all-star game. I know China like to put Yao in and occasionally HOF players get put in at the end of their career even if they don't deserve it.

DMC
06-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey Frodo:

Boy you really have a beef against chinese people don't you. China hater #1. That's about the 3rd or 4th chinese slur in only a couple hours.

Well played sir.....
You have to ignore that one. Note he gets almost zero responses in any thread he posts in.

frodo
06-18-2011, 01:08 AM
In 2003 Tim Duncan was the only Spur in the ASG. However, both Dirk and Nash were in it. Guess who won the ring that year?

Mr. SHITE played all his years of basketball alongside an all-star (steve at first and T-Mac later, both underachievers & jinxed by him), and still failed to get past the 1st round every year until the year 2009 IIRC. the very next year he didn't play not a minute of the game while getting paid 17m, and this past season he got paid 18m for only a handful of 24-min games played.

DMC
06-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Yes the fans are supposed to vote on who they think are the best players in the NBA to make the all-star game. I know China like to put Yao in and occasionally HOF players get put in at the end of their career even if they don't deserve it.

No, the fans vote for their favorites, the ones they want to see play. You been around long?

Dirk had fewer votes than Pau Gasol. That kinda shits on your presumption.

Silver&Black
06-18-2011, 01:14 AM
You have to ignore that one. Note he gets almost zero responses in any thread he posts in.

Warrior fans.....I thought they were all bred out of existence by now.

DMC
06-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Warrior fans.....I thought they were all bred out of existence by now.
Also ignore the team names. Trolls pick randomly because they like to see the "lol warriors" responses.

Silver&Black
06-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Also ignore the team names. Trolls pick randomly because they like to see the "lol warriors" responses.

Even the ones that say Spurs??? Are you a closet Mavs fan??? :bang

Tell the truth...

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 01:18 AM
No, the fans vote for their favorites, the ones they want to see play. You been around long?

Dirk had fewer votes than Pau Gasol. That kinda shits on your presumption.

Just shows that there is a lot of Lakerfans who actually thought Gasol was better than Dirk.

Still waiting on names...

frodo
06-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Hey Frodo:

Well played sir.....

yeah nigga i also use alot "N-word" as far as your concerned, no offense at all my nigga

Silver&Black
06-18-2011, 01:21 AM
yeah nigga i also use alot "N-word" as far as your concerned, no offense at all my nigga

None taken my african brother from another mother....

DMC
06-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Just shows that there is a lot of Lakerfans who actually thought Gasol was better than Dirk.

Ask the right questions and you might get the answers you want. In fact, why don't you tell me what you want me to say and I will just say that.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Ask the right questions and you might get the answers you want. In fact, why don't you tell me what you want me to say and I will just say that.

I already know the answer but you keep dodging the question because I made a fool out of you.

DMC
06-18-2011, 01:32 AM
I already know the answer but you keep dodging the question because I made a fool out of you.
No, you asked me who I thought "deserves" to be an all star. I have already established that it's a popularity contest. Just because you have a naive outlook on it doesn't mean it's not a popularity contest. I showed you that Dirk, the Finals MVP, was lower than Pau in the voting. He was also lower than Duncan. Yao Ming was voted in.

You don't have a leg to stand on, so just do yourself a favor and tell me what you would like for me to say and I will just say it and be done with it.

I made a fool out of you. (see how easy that was?)

LnGrrrR
06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
No Mchale love from yea LnGrrrR?

He wasnt mentioned but, without deep thought on this, I'd probably put him either directly in front of behind Malone.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 01:48 AM
No, you asked me who I thought "deserves" to be an all star. I have already established that it's a popularity contest. Just because you have a naive outlook on it doesn't mean it's not a popularity contest. I showed you that Dirk, the Finals MVP, was lower than Pau in the voting. He was also lower than Duncan. Yao Ming was voted in.

You don't have a leg to stand on, so just do yourself a favor and tell me what you would like for me to say and I will just say it and be done with it.

I made a fool out of you. (see how easy that was?)

As for Duncan I already said this. In Duncan's case I wouldn't say he definitely didn't deserve making it but he doesn't deserve more votes than Dirk. Same idea though, fans put in HOF players at the end of their career.

As for Gasol I already said this. Not only Lakerfans though at that time I bet many people thought Pau was better than Dirk. This really isn't a legitimate point.

You haven't made a fool out of me. It's obvious that the best players are supposed to be in the all-star game.

frodo
06-18-2011, 01:53 AM
As for Duncan I already said this. In Duncan's case I wouldn't say he definitely didn't deserve making it but he doesn't deserve more votes than Dirk. Same idea though, fans put in HOF players at the end of their career.

As for Gasol I already said this. Not only Lakerfans though at that time I bet many people thought Pau was better than Dirk. This really isn't a legitimate point.

You haven't made a fool out of me. It's obvious that the best players are supposed to be in the all-star game.
account hacked? DMC really be a chink engineer as he once said tbh, dumb yet smart, dumbness just be a language issue for him imo

frodo
06-18-2011, 02:03 AM
When you say "supposed to", which definition of "supposed" are you using?

a : pretended (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pretended) <twelve hours are supposed to elapse between Acts I and II — A. S. Sullivan> b : alleged (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alleged) <trusted my supposed friends>
a : held as an opinion : believed (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believed); also : mistakenly believed : imagined (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/imagined) <the sight which makes supposed terror true — Shakespeare> b : considered probable or certain : expected (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expected) <it was not supposed that everybody could master the technical aspects — J. C. Murray> c : understood (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/understood) <you will be supposed to refer to my grandaunt — G. B. Shaw>

: made or fashioned by intent or design <what's that button supposed to do>

a : required by or as if by authority <soldiers are supposed to obey their commanding officers> b : given permission : permitted (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/permitted) <was not supposed to have visitors>

Do you mean "ought to" or "expected to" or "should"?

It's proven that they do not. The voters are supposed to (assuming your meaning is the same) vote for the most capable person for President yet we had GWB twice in a row.

:lmao

DMC
06-18-2011, 02:04 AM

When you say "supposed to", which definition of "supposed" are you using?

a : pretended (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pretended) <twelve hours are supposed to elapse between Acts I and II — A. S. Sullivan> b : alleged (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alleged) <trusted my supposed friends>
a : held as an opinion : believed (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believed); also : mistakenly believed : imagined (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/imagined) <the sight which makes supposed terror true — Shakespeare> b : considered probable or certain : expected (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expected) <it was not supposed that everybody could master the technical aspects — J. C. Murray> c : understood (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/understood) <you will be supposed to refer to my grandaunt — G. B. Shaw>

: made or fashioned by intent or design <what's that button supposed to do>

a : required by or as if by authority <soldiers are supposed to obey their commanding officers> b : given permission : permitted (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/permitted) <was not supposed to have visitors>

Do you mean "ought to" or "expected to" or "should"?

It's proven that they do not. The voters are supposed to (assuming your meaning is the same) vote for the most capable person for President yet we had GWB twice in a row.

So, since it's established how the selection really works, like politics, it's a popularity contest with many of the voters having never watched most of the contestants actually speak in politics or play in the NBA.

That being said, how can I pick people who I think the fans should have voted for? They vote for who they want to see. They should vote for who they wanted to see most. I don't care who they want to see and it's not important to the point I was making.

Several of the Mavericks could have been voted in. Brendan Haywood was on the ballot, but Tyson Chandler was not. He could have been and proved to be more effective than Pau Gasol. In fact, he was the difference maker on the team and I have said so even earlier in the year.

I have made a fool of you and I continue along those lines.

Nathan89
06-18-2011, 02:13 AM
TBH, I didn't read past the first line of that last post. I can only assume that you are still denying the fact that the best players are supposed to be in the all-star game.

The fact is when selecting the reserves, the 30 NBA head coaches must vote for seven players within their conference. Are the coaches voting on the most popular or the best players?

DMC
06-18-2011, 03:07 AM
TBH, I didn't read past the first line of that last post. I can only assume that you are still denying the fact that the best players are supposed to be in the all-star game.

The fact is when selecting the reserves, the 30 NBA head coaches must vote for seven players within their conference. Are the coaches voting on the most popular or the best players?

Deserve... :lmao

100%duncan
06-18-2011, 07:20 AM

:lol

Girasuck
06-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Duncan is a PF?

:rollin

ohmwrecker
06-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Duncan is a PF?

He was when he won dem rings and you know it, bubba.

jag
06-18-2011, 12:27 PM

The Big 3 in Miami was a Big 5 if I've ever seen it. Or do you motherfuckers not remember All-Stars Mike Bibby and Juwan Howard dominating?:lol

DMC
06-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Duncan is a PF?

Duncan was a F/C.

Agloco
06-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Karl Fucking Malone.

Anyone else is a distant 3rd.

sribb43
06-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Duncan
Dirk

then the rest.....

dbreiden83080
06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
It has to be Malone..

u4lakers14
06-18-2011, 09:59 PM
nice poll

rayjayjohnson
06-18-2011, 10:47 PM
fuck duncan in his d&d playing fag ass

Killakobe81
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
KG, just ahead of Dirk. I'd have Charles 4th as well. Malone 5th.

This ...

DMC
06-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Real talk: Players who ended their careers before 1980 are almost never considered in these rankings by the casual young fan. Therefore we should have pre and post 1980 rankings.

joshdaboss
06-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Malone is blatantly obvious. If you think otherwise, you deserve to be locked in a room to watch every game of Malone's career, because you clearly weren't watching basketball when he played. Malone would wipe his ass, on BOTH ends of the floor, with Nowitzki.

rayjayjohnson
06-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Malone is hands down the best 13-year old impregnator ever

ZB 512
06-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Dirk's career playoff series W/Ls against HOF power forwards

against Pau Gasol: 2-0

against KG: 1-0

against Karl Malone: 1-0

against Tim Duncan: 2-3 :grim:

Jodelo
06-19-2011, 06:02 PM

against Pau Gasol: 2-0 (8-0 :lmao:lmao)

Made it a bit more clear!

DMC
06-19-2011, 08:09 PM

against Pau Gasol: 2-0

lol acting like Dirk faces up defensively against the other team's PF.

ZB 512
06-20-2011, 06:31 PM
lol acting like Dirk faces up defensively against the other team's PF.

he sure as hell did against Gasol

Dirk outperformed KG, Gasol, and Malone in those match ups. The only HOF PF that has outperformed DIrk in the playoffs is Tim Duncan.

frodo
06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
he sure as hell did against Gasol

Dirk outperformed KG, Gasol, and Malone in those match ups. The only HOF PF that has outperformed DIrk in the playoffs is Tim Duncan.

yeah however dirk's been outperformed a number of times by scrappy shitty players such as ryan bowen :lol

dirk4mvp
06-20-2011, 09:02 PM
:lol it's hilarious acting like Dirk finally winning a title puts him in some top 5 players in the league list. He's been in it or flirting with it for several years now.

ZB 512
06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
yeah however dirk's been outperformed a number of times by scrappy shitty players such as ryan bowen :lol

A number of times? WTF are you talking about holmes?

Dirk has had one bad playoff series in his entire career