PDA

View Full Version : Jazz looking to deal Millsap or Harris?

ducks
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Jazz-dealing-Millsap-or-Harris-?urn=nba-363761&active_dimension=carousel_ept_sports_rumors&ysp_frm_woah=1

millsap next to duncan would be great

Basketball Power
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Would love to see Parker gone for Milsap

Dex
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6hao6cj

Come on, Jazz. You could get some capspace with Dice retiring. :lol

ducks
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM

hello they have harris

Dex
06-17-2011, 06:25 PM
For S's and G's....

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6zzjpfp

Greg Oden
06-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Spur fans aren't tired of incompetent bigs being next to Duncan?

ducks
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
oden is one

ernest787
06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
no thank you

I don't need 2 Dejuan Blairs on the Spurs.

Proxy
06-17-2011, 07:13 PM
oden is one

Good one. I bet you pissed him off.

tbh, I'd rather get some draft picks for TP and Blair once Manu, TD, and Pop retire. RJ's and Bonner's contracts will expire, and we can rebuild, with Hill and Neal as veterans, and a lotto pick and other acquired picks... along with cap space for free agents.

Millsap won't put us over the top. We need size and perimeter defense.

ducks
06-17-2011, 07:15 PM
rj contract is not going to expire before 4 years

lefty
06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Ugh no

Undersized

ducks
06-17-2011, 07:21 PM
lakers trade gasol
millsap size will not be as big of an issue

PublicOption
06-17-2011, 07:22 PM
duncan
dalembert
prince
parker
manu

Proxy
06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
rj contract is not going to expire before 4 years

TD and manu aren't retiring now

frodo
06-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Spur fans aren't tired of incompetent bigs being next to Duncan?

millsap da NIGGA ain't incompetent mayne, there ain't many better options imho. Tim & millsap would complete each other well, with Blair my nigga coming off the bench to back em up. spurs STACKED

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-17-2011, 10:29 PM
would love both harris and millsap for parker, hill, mcdyess. millsap would also be able to teach blair how to use his body.

kobyz
06-18-2011, 09:37 AM
stop with all those attempt to find trades to improve the current Spurs, you will not find any trade that will make the Spurs a contender or even below this, not with this ownership, Spurs are gonna be a team that fighting just to make the playoof, too bad and sad!
so because of this you guys should want to go for rebuilding and if you guys are true Spurs fans and appreciate what Duncan and Manu gave to the team all those years, you should want to see Duncan and Manu go to other place to compeate for a ring and not wasting their final years they have in them on playing for nothing.
stop being so pathetic trying to think on meaningless trades to improve the team, think on rebuilding trades and finding contender for Tim and Manu instead!!!!

TJastal
06-18-2011, 09:44 AM
stop with all those attempt to find trades to improve the current Spurs, you will not find any trade that will make the Spurs a contender or even below this, not with this ownership, Spurs are gonna be a team that fighting just to make the playoof, too bad and sad!
so because of this you guys should want to go for rebuilding and if you guys are true Spurs fans and appreciate what Duncan and Manu gave to the team all those years, you should want to see Duncan and Manu go to other place to compeate for a ring and not wasting their final years they have in them on playing for nothing.
stop being so pathetic trying to think on meaningless trades to improve the team, think on rebuilding trades and finding contender for Tim and Manu instead!!!!

The sky is falling.

The sky is falling.

Don't trade, the sky is falling.

Trade Manu & TD they are playing for nothing.

The sky is falling.

Find a rebuilding trade.

The sky is falling.

kobyz
06-18-2011, 09:46 AM
The sky is falling.

The sky is falling.

Don't trade, the sky is falling.

Trade Manu & TD they are playing for nothing.

The sky is falling.

Find a rebuilding trade.

The sky is falling.

just telling the truth, man!

TJastal
06-18-2011, 09:57 AM
just telling the truth, man!

If the mavs can get it done with 38 year old Jason Kidd, 33 year old Shawn Marion, 34 year old Jason Terry and 32 year old Dirk as their main wheels why are you writing off the spurs so quickly??

Just telling the truth, man!

kobyz
06-18-2011, 10:02 AM
If the mavs can get it done with 38 year old Jason Kidd, 33 year old Shawn Marion, 34 year old Jason Terry and 32 year old Dirk as their main wheels why are you writing off the spurs so quickly??

Just telling the truth, man!

the Dallas Mavericks had a franchise player on their team, that somthing Spurs doesn't have now.

TJastal
06-18-2011, 10:13 AM
the Dallas Mavericks had a franchise player on their team, that somthing Spurs doesn't have now.

Oh come on, that's a stretch.

Dirk played great this year, but he is almost as done as Duncan is as far as careers go. He needed a TON of help in games 4, 5, & 6 from Terry & Barea to close out the heat for his 1st :lobt:

Before Manu got injured in the last meaningless shitty game of the season he was playing at an extremely high level as well. Duncan too before he succumbed to his injury. A healthy Manu & Timmy would trump Dirk even at these latter stages of their careers IMO.

jjktkk
06-18-2011, 10:57 AM

Thanks for telling me how "true Spurs fans" are suppose to fell. Who knew?

The Great Fantastic
06-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Here is another trade that would never happen. It broke the trade machine!

Three team trade

Jazz get: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, Dejuan Blair, Charlottes #19, Spurs first round pick

Bobcats get: Paul Millsap, Devin Harris, Antonio McDyess, and George Hill + cash from spurs

Spurs get: Stephen Jackson, Tyrus Thomas, Raja Bell, and D.J. Augustin

Proxy
06-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Please learn proper grammar. Your sorry excuse of a 1st grade level, run-on sentence is hard to read.

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2011, 12:38 PM
When making all of these trades one has to remember that if the Spurs trade Parker, they need to get an adequate replacement back. I like George Hill, but he's not that replacement. Harris seems to be the best option that we know of so far.

So type of three teamer that sees Parker go with Harris and other player(s) coming back is what the Spurs need imo.

If the Spurs can get some perimeter help, then they should gamble on Oden imo, with a contract laden with incentives that won't cost them much if he gets injured. There are some big men to be had, and all of them with some risk of course. But Chandler was a risk too at one point and Dallas ended up loving that acquisition.

The Great Fantastic
06-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Devin Harris
2010-11 Statistics
PPG 15.2 RPG 2.40 APG 7.1 EFF + 15.27

DJ Augustin
2010-11 Statistics
PPG 14.4 RPG 2.70 APG 6.1 EFF + 14.83

Augustin is not a bad player. Devin Harris really isn't that much of a step up from him. If you talk about Devin Harris playing good defense, well then you probably haven't watched him the past couple of years.

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Something about Augustin doesn't wow me though (not saying that Harris does though). I saw him play at Texas and while he was great, he wasn't spectacular. Harris just seems more steady to me (eyeball test and nothing else).

I just think the Spurs could still play their style with Harris better than any available player out there. Now, if we're talking about Chris Paul, of course he'd probably be the best fit (his flopping would rival Gino's).

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Overall, if I'm the Spurs, I'm calling the Lakers and really trashing Pau while trying to acquire him. :lol

jermaine
06-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Can someone do the trade machine an see if Parker an a filler like Danny Green can get us Devin Harris an AK47?

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-18-2011, 04:44 PM

well the spurs FO already said they plan on improving the team thru trades this offseason. so i dont see any harm in trade ideas. especially since parker could be on the trade block.

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-18-2011, 04:53 PM
since they might go after kanter does anyone think we could pry away al jefferson with parker, mcydess, hill, blair and a draft pick. maybe if we throw in rj we can get harris as well. there in need of a sf and rjs gonna be better than anything they can get with the MLE. of course it depends on if ak47 resigns.

Spursnlego
06-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Ummm, no thank you. MAYBE Harris, but other than that, NO.

rascal
06-19-2011, 10:39 AM

That's a bad trade for the Spurs.

rascal
06-19-2011, 10:41 AM
well the spurs FO already said they plan on improving the team thru trades this offseason. so i dont see any harm in trade ideas. especially since parker could be on the trade block.

Don't expect any big deals involving the Spurs top players. Manu, Parker and Duncan won't be getting traded.

ohmwrecker
06-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Milsap would be a significant upgrade on Blair. Other than that, would you really rather have Devin Harris over Tony Parker?

Keep looking.

ChuckD
06-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Milsap would be a significant upgrade on Blair. Other than that, would you really rather have Devin Harris over Tony Parker?

Keep looking.

I would only want Harris if Parker is shipped out to fill other needs. Although he is not as good, he would be about as good a substitute as you could find.

ohmwrecker
06-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I would only want Harris if Parker is shipped out to fill other needs. Although he is not as good, he would be about as good a substitute as you could find.

Harris would be a decent replacement, but would still leave the Spurs weak at the point. Millsap is a solid player, but I just don't think he's worth giving up Parker for.

itzsoweezee
06-19-2011, 05:24 PM

The Mavs also had a coach that knows what he's doing.

Nathan Explosion
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Harris would be a decent replacement, but would still leave the Spurs weak at the point. Millsap is a solid player, but I just don't think he's worth giving up Parker for.

A Parker for Milsap deal is not what needs to be done. Talent wise, the trade would have to be Parker for both Milsap and Harris. However, I haven't a clue if the money works (I doubt it).

If Parker goes to get a good player at a different position, then the best available player that we know of is Harris to replace Parker. No one is saying it's a straight swap, just that as it stands, Harris is the best replacement that the Spurs can get.

ohmwrecker
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
A Parker for Milsap deal is not what needs to be done. Talent wise, the trade would have to be Parker for both Milsap and Harris. However, I haven't a clue if the money works (I doubt it).

Yeah, I understand the concept of the proposed trade, I just don't think it improves the Spurs roster significantly. Harris is nowhere near as good as Parker ans the Spurs would still be really thin at PG. Milsap is a good player, but he is not the type of post player the Spurs really need.

If Parker goes to get a good player at a different position, then the best available player that we know of is Harris to replace Parker. No one is saying it's a straight swap, just that as it stands, Harris is the best replacement that the Spurs can get.

I never implied that it was a straight swap and I don't necessarily agree that Harris is the best replacement the Spurs can get.

jjktkk
06-19-2011, 10:08 PM
The Mavs also had a coach that knows what he's doing.

Same coach who lost in the 1st round to the Spurs in 2010.

kaji157
06-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I think Parker and Blair for Millsap and Harris is the best we could get away with.

Parker is a superior player than Harris but, then again Millsap is far superior than Blair and has the range Blair wasnŽt able to reach and is a better defensive player.

IŽd do it if Parker is not fully commited to this team, but if he wants to remain a Spur then iŽll try a Blair-Bonner-McDyess for Millsap.

JP le Requin
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
atlanta want veteran at the end of their contract for josh smith....we have DICE to gi them....and blair..

this the best 4 we can get and for almost nothing...

Horse
06-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Please learn proper grammar. Your sorry excuse of a 1st grade level, run-on sentence is hard to read.
Watchout, Professor Homo is always waiting and watching. I mean we're here to talk grammar, not basketball right?

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Watchout, Professor Homo is always waiting and watching. I mean we're here to talk grammar, not basketball right?

Wicked burn, bro.