PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bryant: Kobe Has Another 3-5 Years At A Very High Level

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 08:29 PM
:lol @ Crack Reporters....No Tired Ole Shit bags In This Corner....:toast

What do you think of the Brown hire?

That's a good question. I don't know. It could be Mo, Larry or Curly [of the Three Stooges]. If anybody stepped into L.A., it's going to be difficult. It's going to be difficult. Brown won 60-plus games in the East with Cleveland. I wish him a lot of success. It's going to be important that the people around him give him good advice. Those things are important too. Do you have a sense of what Kobe thinks about it and why he hasn't commented on it?

We don't talk about basketball. Everybody is waiting for that. Everybody is wondering why Kobe isn't saying nothing. I'm not giving you any inside stuff. Good try. Good try. How do you think he will handle it?

Kobe is a professional. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. There's no need to make a comment on any of that stuff now. There might be a lockout. The rest of Kobe's career obviously centers on how he will try to find a way to play through the mileage and injuries. What's your assessment on how he's been doing that?

You can't put it on age. All players have injuries, even young players have injuries. You learn to deal with pain and you learn how to understand your body. You also understand your game. When you're a student of the game, a lot of players rely on their athleticism. Once you get older and their athleticism is not there, then you don't know how to play. But Kobe knows how to play and understands the ABC's of the game. He understands the scouting report and how players are going to play and he understands his teammates. When you understand the game, it goes back to playing chess. You know how to move the pieces and you know how to move the ball.

You're not going to run as fast. You're not going to jump as high. You have to pick your moments. The great example when he picked his moment was the playoff game when he went down the middle and dunked, the one he had against [New Orleans center Emeka Okafor] in Game 5 of the first-round series. That was checkmate. He's a warrior and understands the game. All players have injuries. It's part of it and how he can manage it. He's been doing a good job with that. Nobody is going to run and jump [like] when they were 18 or 19. It's impossible for people to think that. As long as he's enjoying the game and keeps the two seven-footers [Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum], I still think he has three, four or five more years to play at a high level. Three to five more years?

The issue is going to be when the media talks, he can't get 30 [points] anymore, but he's averaging 25 [points] and five [assists]. The expectations they'll put on him or say he can't do anymore, that's going to be the biggest challenge, dealing with it. The important thing is as long as he's enjoying the game and enjoying the challenge and still in the race to vie for a championship. That's motivation enough. If you're with a team that has no shot at making the playoffs, then mentally you're going to be down and the energy level isn't going to be up or your'e going to want to be traded. As long as he's enjoying the game and it's a challenge for him, I think he'll continue to play. So you said one of the keys will entail Kobe having Bynum and Gasol. How does that dynamic need to work to be most effective?

Last year's playoffs against Boston, everybody was talking about Pau and how he needs to be tougher. One day I saw Pau before a game or at practice and I said, "Pau don't listen to all that. Just play tall. All of this stuff about being bruising is not your style and be more physical. That's not your style. Play tall." He looked at me and said, "Thanks." It's simple. That's why I can help a team. Sometimes assistant coaches get to hollering and screaming and sometimes I can say those things that make sense. The common sense things. That's the hard thing about being an assistant coach because you have to be on the same page with the head coach. I'm a little different. When I told Pau to play tall, it was like a bell went off. So what ailed the Lakers last season?

They didn't have a three-point shooter If you don't make an open shot, the defense will set. That's the problem. If you can get someone who can shoot, then the floor opens up. Then Pau Gasol and Bynum and Kobe can penetrate because they're not double teamed. It's simple.

Every year that Michael Jordan played, he always had a shooter. Steve Kerr, John Paxson, B.J. Armstrong. Name all the shooters Kobe had in his career. When crack reporters are analyzing the game, that's the first thing they should look at. What helped Michael out was he would penetrate, get double teamed and then stick it out to Steve Kerr. Kobe never had that, but he's still been successful. http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/06/lakers-qa-joe-bryant-anticipates-kobe-bryant-will-last-another-3-5-years.html

BlackSwordsMan
06-17-2011, 08:53 PM
He'll be a good mentor for the up and comers.

NewcastleKEG
06-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Top 5-10 Player: 2 seasons
Year 3-4 Kobe will no longer be a Top 3 SG in the league

In 5 years your talking about a 17/18 PPG player

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Top 5-10 Player: 2 seasons
Year 3-4 Kobe will no longer be a Top 3 SG in the league

In 5 years your talking about a 17/18 PPG player

Top 1-2 Player next two seasons....don't let the off year fool ya...title pedigree will be restored in short order.

Year 3-4 Kobe will be top 5

and in 5 yrs Kobe will average 24 ppg...

truth be told I really don't give a shit about this anyway so as long as he rangs 2 more times....Two more chips and my life would be complete....:toast no fucking shame in my game....:lol

NewcastleKEG
06-17-2011, 09:05 PM
LOL

Kobe isn't even a Top 5 player anymore. Kobe is basically a SF now with no speed or explosiveness and yet he's by a wide margin the best guard on the Lakers.....very bad sign

Unless Lakers are gonna surround him with some athleticism he's going to continue to struggle and further become nothing more than a jump shooter

djohn2oo8
06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Top 1-2 Player next two seasons....don't let the off year fool ya...title pedigree will be restored in short order.

truth be told I really don't give a shit about this anyway so as long as he rangs 2 more times....Two more chips and my life would be complete....:toast no fucking shame in my game....:lol

Not yet. When Kobe gives you a wedding veil, THEN your life would be complete

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:09 PM
LOL

Kobe isn't even a Top 5 player anymore

and yet he's still winning titles...won the last 2/3....go figure....Jelly Bean was right....he has the tools he needs to keep winning....turn around J, low post game / mid-range....doesn't need the explosive dunks anymore...we got a lifetime of those on record anyways....

WQxgHgRh95Y

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
:lol Kobe ringing 2 more times.....this dude isn't even close to as explosive as he once was....the past couple of seasons have seen him transform into more of a chucker. Even if Brown end up being a good hire, Pau mans up and Drew stays healthy, they still don't get past OKC for the foreseeable future, and definitely don't beat the Heat if they manage that.

NewcastleKEG
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Better players than Kobe

- Rose
- Howard
- Dirk
- Paul
- James
- Durant

Don't be fooled, James and his passing skills combined with the Lakers front court would be ridiculous

Players Equal to Kobe
- Wade
- Carmello
- Randolph
- Garnett

Right there with Kobe
- Amare
- D.Williams
- B.Griffin

NewcastleKEG
06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
and yet he's still winning titles...won the last 2/3....go figure....Jelly Bean was right....he has the tools he needs to keep winning....turn around J, low post game / mid-range....doesn't need the explosive dunks anymore...we got a lifetime of those on record anyways....

WQxgHgRh95Y
He plays on the Yankees of the NBA. That's like arguing Jeter is still an elite ShortStop

If Kobe was never traded to the Lakers, he'd be playing for the New Orleans Hornets, ringless

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
:lol Kobe ringing 2 more times.....this dude isn't even close to as explosive as he once was....the past couple of seasons have seen him transform into more of a chucker. Even if Brown end up being a good hire, Pau mans up and Drew stays healthy, they still don't get past OKC for the foreseeable future, and definitely don't beat the Heat if they manage that.

we got one more run....I think it was Kenny Smith that said after the title in 2009 that LA would win the next 4 of 5 titles and truth be told we're on pace to turn Kenny into a profit....remember MJ I think won is last title at 34 Kobe is 32 now...

We gonna get it done son...sit back and watch this shit...:lol

NewcastleKEG
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM
we got one more run....I think it was Kenny Smith that said after the title in 2009 that LA would win the next 4 of 5 titles and truth be told we're on pace to turn Kenny into a profit....remember MJ I think won is last title at 34 Kobe is 32 now...

You guys beat the Orlando Magic and got handed the title last season in Game 7

So basically 1 title in 3 years with the most loaded roster in the league

djohn2oo8
06-17-2011, 09:19 PM

I could see how you believe Kenny Smith, granted he's a fucking moron

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2011, 09:19 PM

I ain't sayin' they're gonna be bad, but not the top in the league. Too much talent has been on the rise the past couple of years, OKC in particular in the west, and we just saw the worst Heat team we'll see for the next 5 or so years....unless they get Dwight and another star they won't be ringworthy.

Sean Cagney
06-17-2011, 09:22 PM

You really are on that koolaid half the time you post. :lmao:lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Better players than Kobe

- Rose
- Howard
- Dirk
- Paul
- James
- Durant

Don't be fooled, James and his passing skills combined with the Lakers front court would be ridiculous

Players Equal to Kobe
- Wade
- Carmello
- Randolph
- Garnett

Right there with Kobe
- Amare
- D.Williams
- B.Griffin

you're examples are illogical and based in fallacious thinking...:lol

you seem to define better in terms of media hype, jumping ability and strength...that's where your thinking is like a dime a dozen....nothings stands out about you...you're a a basic and ordinary thinker...

Derrick Rose is a good finisher but that's it...Let me pick on Rose since he's the MVP...:lol even at Kobe's age, Rose can't rebound better than Kobe, he can't block shots better, he's not a better defensive player, he no post up moves, no low post game, not truly a better shooter even at this point in their careers, doesn't have Kobe's mid-range Kobe, doesn't have the Big Game pedigree or leadership abilities....Rose is a marginally better finisher and he's faster in the open court...that's it big homie...He's a defensive Liability....all that I said about Rose can be applied to Chris Paul...

Durant is nothing but a shooter..that's it...he does nothing else very well...all he wants to do is shoot...he's weak and can't defend even with his height...Kobe has the advantage there...

Dwight Howard can't bring the ball up the floor he's dependent on a guard enough said....:lol

Dirk had a great post season that's it...but he went 9-27 and started to choke that shit away....but I digress...Dirk is not a better player than Kobe except for hitting off balance 1 legged shots fading away...that's it...:lol

Lebron is faster and stronger...Has no low post game what so fucking ever...Not even a better shooter...He's lazy on defense...only plays hard against smaller players...and if you take away his first dribble has no creativity going to the basket...He barrels his way to the basket and I guess the media loves him for that...but skill wise he's not better than Kobe...

I may sound like a homer but my logic is indisputable...all this shit with a fucked up finger...:lol

5 titles and counting son...

TE
06-17-2011, 09:32 PM
you're examples are illogical and based in fallacious thinking...:lol

you seem to define better in terms of media hype, jumping ability and strength...that's where your thinking is like a dime a dozen....nothings stands out about you...you're a a basic and ordinary thinker...

Derrick Rose is a good finisher but that's it...Let me pick on Rose since he's the MVP...:lol even at Kobe's age, Rose can't rebound better than Kobe, he can't block shots better, he's not a better defensive player, he no post up moves, no low post game, not truly a better shooter even at this point in their careers, doesn't have Kobe's mid-range Kobe, doesn't have the Big Game pedigree or leadership abilities....Rose is a marginally better finisher and he's faster in the open court...that's it big homie...He's a defensive Liability....all that I said about Rose can be applied to Chris Paul...

Durant is nothing but a shooter..that's it...he does nothing else very well...all he wants to do is shoot...he's weak and can't defend even with his height...Kobe has the advantage there...

Dwight Howard can't bring the ball up the floor he's dependent on a guard enough said....:lol

Dirk had a great post season that's it...but he went 9-27 and started to choke that shit away....but I digress...Dirk is not a better player than Kobe except for hitting off balance 1 legged shots fading away...that's it...:lol

Lebron is faster and stronger...Has no low post game what so fucking ever...Not even a better shooter...He's lazy on defense...only plays hard against smaller players...and if you take away his first dribble has no creativity going to the basket...He barrels his way to the basket and I guess the media loves him for that...but skill wise he's not better than Kobe...

I may sound like a homer but my logic is indisputable...all this shit with a fucked up finger...:lol

5 titles and counting son...

ElNono

ChumpDumper
06-17-2011, 09:39 PM
lol profit

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:41 PM
lol profit

you know I'm a smart muthafucker and you also know I know how to spell the actual word correctly...so give me a pass on that shit...:lol I won't change it...profit it is...:lol

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-17-2011, 09:51 PM
lol love how no ones taking the new CBA as a factor of whether the lakers still have another run or just fall on there face again. still there are alot of if's for the lakers. no ones getting past OKC next year. especially if they decide to trade westbrook for CP3.

djohn2oo8
06-17-2011, 09:52 PM
you know I'm a smart muthafucker and you also know I know how to spell the actual word correctly...so give me a pass on that shit...:lol I won't change it...profit it is...:lol

You'd have to have $500 in order to say the word "profit"

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:54 PM
You'd have to have $500 in order to say the word "profit"

actually DPG would...:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2011, 09:57 PM
lol love how no ones taking the new CBA as a factor of whether the lakers still have another run or just fall on there face again. still there are alot of if's for the lakers. no ones getting past OKC next year. especially if they decide to trade westbrook for CP3.

Difference between LA and SA fan....that Skunker 8 got you cats facing reality...even Tony Parker closed the window for the Spurs....:lol you no longer beleive in your team...if you like it...then I love it...:lol

LA gonna give OKC the business next year...we should be ashamed, mad, and motivated....the Spurs on the other hand are just deflated...and you as part of that fan base reflect that deflation...:toast

ChumpDumper
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
lol we

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Difference between LA and SA fan....that Skunker 8 got you cats facing reality...even Tony Parker closed the window for the Spurs....:lol you no longer beleive in your team...if you like it...then I love it...:lol

LA gonna give OKC the business next year...we should be ashamed, mad, and motivated....the Spurs on the other hand are just deflated...and you as part of that fan base reflect that deflation...:toast

an aging lakers team, pussy gasol, aging kobe, and a most likely injured bynum gonna give a young, athletic, speedy, & developing team a whooping. :lmao

so how long till brown has a breakdown. im gonna say he makes it as far as the allstar break.

what am i saying. jerry west is in the warriors FO. i forgot about the planned screw over of another team to keep kobe a contender. so whos gonna get shipped over? ellis? curry? wright?

Nathan89
06-17-2011, 10:23 PM
He'll be a good mentor for the up and comers.

If mentoring the up and comers about rape he is going to be great. If he's mentoring about passing the ball to the open man then he won't be so great.

Nathan89
06-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Better players than Kobe

- Rose
- Howard
- Dirk
- Paul
- James
- Durant

Players Equal to Kobe
- Wade
- Carmello
- Randolph
- Garnett

Right there with Kobe
- Amare
- D.Williams
- B.Griffin

no order the players better than Kobe

Dirk
Lebron
Wade
Cp3
Rose
Howard
Durant
Melo

Nathan89
06-17-2011, 10:28 PM

:lmaoTrevor Ariza shitting all over a top 1-2 player in the NBA

Ghazi
06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Kobe is not a top 5 player anymore, period.

pass1st
06-17-2011, 10:57 PM
He's got a few more years in him. Kobe isn't lazy, he's going to keep working on his game and probably keep up solid play until he's around 36. As long as his fingers or knees don't give.

Ghazi
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
oops I meant Kobe is #5 in my book... as soon as next year he may be out of the top 5 though.

:lol Kool_Aid man
:lol no credibility after the Skunker..

DMC
06-18-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181796

I already posted this

rayjayjohnson
06-18-2011, 02:56 AM
lol drinking the koolaid man.

kobe's remaining career is about as fucked as katelyn faber

Amaso
06-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Better players than Kobe

- Rose
- Howard
- Dirk
- Paul
- James
- Durant

Players Equal to Kobe
- Wade
- Carmello
- Randolph
- Garnett

Right there with Kobe
- Amare
- D.Williams
- B.Griffin

http://i56.tinypic.com/684utw.jpg

Venti Quattro
06-19-2011, 02:05 AM
2-3 years. Joe's being biased here, of course it's his son.