PDA

View Full Version : ______Game II______

Banjo Boy
06-11-2005, 02:13 AM
How important is game II?

face it ,if the Spurs win? many of you will be at home depot buying a new broom,

If the Spurs lose? many of you will be making topics that read...."lets get Phil Jackson next season". really ask yourselves,

How Important is game II for you?

Thank You

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 02:17 AM
If the Pistons win game 2 it is over. Trade Duncan and get Phil Jackson.

mouse
06-11-2005, 02:20 AM
The winner of this game will be the 2005 NBA Champions,

mark the tape..................

bigzak25
06-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Spurs are winning the title...that's all that matters. :smokin

timvp
06-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Must win game.

For the Spurs.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 02:25 AM
3 home games in a row for Detroit.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 02:26 AM
It's as important as game one in my opinion. The Spurs can't get a split at home and be comfortable because of the 2-3-2 format. If the Spurs win Game 2, the Spurs will win the series in five games or less. If the Spurs lose Game 2, then it will likely go seven games.

Steve Perry
06-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Fence riding spur fans take time to respond, they need to know the score after half time

where is Walton buys me off when you need him? :lmao

mouse
06-11-2005, 02:33 AM
It's as important as game one in my opinion. The Spurs can't get a split at home and be comfortable because of the 2-3-2 format. If the Spurs win Game 2, the Spurs will win the series in five games or less. If the Spurs lose Game 2, then it will likely go seven games.

Come on Kori!

If the Pistons win game II ? they will have the confindence they need to show the world they are the True NBA Champions, They will have 1/2 of the United states cheering. It will be like a Rocky movie

America was made up of not quiting, The Pistons have Pride , and they won't just sit back and let some small market team from the west beat the best.

But if the Spurs win? It's Over and you know it............

nkdlunch
06-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Spurs will win game 2.

Spurs in 6

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Even if the pistons some how when game 2, I'm not worried I still think the spurs win in 6. However it as well as all playoff games are must win. You never know when a star player is going to get hurt just look at ind, mia, sea..

It's important to take every home game just not entirely needed to beat det. Now if we were playing a better team I would say game 2 is a must win.

mouse
06-11-2005, 02:57 AM
Even if the pistons some how when game 2, I'm not worried

You must be one of the most hard core Spur fans on the planet, Or your lying your ass off... how can you Lose game two and not be worried?

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 02:58 AM
It would definitely put some pressure on San Antonio to win on the road which isn't what they're best at.

JLH Fans
06-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Even if Detroit wins game 2,it's expectable for the SAS to win 2 (or at least 1) on the road.
So I'm agree with Kori:
1:Game 2 Spurs win-------then SAS in 5 or 6
2:Game 2: Det Win---------SAS in 6 or 7 or DET in 7.

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 03:05 AM
I did say that it was important. However the pistons have shown me nothing struggling against there last 2 playoff series against teams with injuries to their top players. I'm not buying the play down to the opponent excuse, it doesn't ring true to me. I think they were just a little better then the teams that had injured stars.

Now if the spurs go down 1-2 or 2-3, then I'll get worried. This isn't the first time since '90 when I became a spurs fan that the spurs have been in the playoffs. For right now the pistons offense and concentration has not impressed me. I believe the spurs will win in 6. Game 2 would go in as the "game the spurs gave away" column in my book.

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 03:08 AM
It would definitely put some pressure on San Antonio to win on the road which isn't what they're best at.

Yeah and they didn't beat pho or any of the other teams they played in the playoffs on the road. You're thinking of the spurs the last few years. Now we have another perimeter guy obiwon giniboli who can take some pressure off of parker and duncan.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-11-2005, 03:09 AM
I actually agree that the winner of G2 wins the series...

ZStomp
06-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Go to bed Mouse

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeah and they didn't beat pho or any of the other teams they played in the playoffs on the road. You're thinking of the spurs the last few years. Now we have another perimeter guy obiwon giniboli who can take some pressure off of parker and duncan.
Just because they did it to Phoenix does not translate to Detroit. The styles are different and Hamilton plays better at home along with most of the Detroit players. They beat LAL last year 3 straight at home so watch out.

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Just because they did it to Phoenix does not translate to Detroit. The styles are different and Hamilton plays better at home along with most of the Detroit players. They beat LAL last year 3 straight at home so watch out.

But this isn't an injured lakers team.

JLH Fans
06-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I actually agree that the winner of G2 wins the series...
MAybe,if the winner of g2 is the SAS. :rollin
I remember 2003 when the Spurs split the first 2 games,and then they won 2 games from the next 3 in New Jersey.

AFE7FATMAN
06-11-2005, 04:24 AM
Remember last year? The Pistons became the first team to win the middle 3 home games since it went to the 2 3 2 format. I think they could do it again if they winl Sunday.

Fact is I hope the Spurs win, but I will say it is not going to happen, but the Spurs
will win the finals and it will be in front of their home crowd.

PS Spurs lose it. TD has a bad game on Sunday.

ducks
06-11-2005, 09:56 AM
if spurs win game 2 the pistons will be lucky to go back to sa

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Long summer for Mavs fans, eh?

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Spurs will win Game 2, Game 3, and Game 4.

Spurs in Four!

Vashner
06-11-2005, 10:52 AM
It's the finals.. every game is important...

mouse
06-11-2005, 07:33 PM
It's the finals.. every game is important...

Are you saying game 3 is more importaint than game 2 ?
If the Pistons win game 2? then game 3 is not a must win for the pistons, they stole the one game they needed.

If the spurs win game 2 Then the season is over for the pistons,

I think game 2 is the most importaint game of the series.

1Parker1
06-11-2005, 08:14 PM
He's not saying game 3 is MORE important than game 2, he is saying that game 3 is JUST AS important as game 2. Every game has equal importance in the Finals, there is little room for error and you don't get very many second chances.

As a Mavs fan you should know something about the importance of Finals games, oh wait................:)

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 08:16 PM
This is a stupid argument. The biggest games are the elimination games. Until then they aren't as big.

3 Ring Timmy
06-11-2005, 08:24 PM
How important is game II?

face it ,if the Spurs win? many of you will be at home depot buying a new broom,

If the Spurs lose? many of you will be making topics that read...."lets get Phil Jackson next season". really ask yourselves,

How Important is game II for you?

Thank You

You have us mixed up with the lakers!Their is no way in hell that Spurs fan would ever want that front running have to have a winning team before I get there to fine tune them coach!!!!Get behind your FREEKING beloved state of Texas soon to be NBA Champion Spurs,you Looooooser Mav fans.

1Parker1
06-11-2005, 08:25 PM
This is a stupid argument. The biggest games are the elimination games. Until then they aren't as big.

WTF, What games lead up to the elimination games in the first place???!?! If you had treated each game as an equal opportunity to get one more win, then you'd have less of a chance to have to face the "important" elimination game in the first place.

mouse
06-11-2005, 08:34 PM
As a Mavs fan you should know something about the importance of Finals games, oh wait................:)

^rack :lmao

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
WTF, What games lead up to the elimination games in the first place???!?! If you had treated each game as an equal opportunity to get one more win, then you'd have less of a chance to have to face the "important" elimination game in the first place.
Every game is big but the elimination game is the biggest.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Every game is big but the elimination game is the biggest.

Yes, that goes without saying. But the point is that if you don't lose games early, you don't risk being in an elimination game.

slayermin
06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
It's important. No doubt.

But I think the Spurs are capable of winning at least one of the three in Detroit.

mouse
06-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I wonder what is the record for NBA teams that won game 2

and did they win it all or not. where is ducks when you need him?

1Parker1
06-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes, that goes without saying. But the point is that if you don't lose games early, you don't risk being in an elimination game.

Exactly. Thank You.

MadDog73
06-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Game 1 was more important than game 2.

Game 3 will be more important than Game 2.

(If Spurs win, then Game 3 becomes must win for Pistons. If Pistons win Game 2, game 3 becomes must win for Spurs).

I think the most important games (besides elimination one) are Game 1s and Game 3's or 5's. Basically, any game to beat a tie. Usually the team that wins the "tie-breaker" goes on to win the series, although Pistons lost both Game 3 and Game 5 to the Heat and somehow still won the series, right?

Dan Rather
06-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Spurs win game two? and it will seem like it was really not that importaint.

Spurs lose game two? and you will see this city come a part and this web site will have a serious meltdown. :lmao

MadDog73
06-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Spurs win game two? and it will seem like it was really not that importaint.

Spurs lose game two? and you will see this city come a part and this web site will have a serious meltdown. :lmao

Just like the Mavs melted in the heat of Steve Nash and his mighty mighty Suns? :rolleyes

You asked a question and I answered it truthfully. Why ask if you don't want to hear the answer? I won't panic until we're down in the series, but that's just me.

Smackie Chan
06-12-2005, 12:58 AM
I bet when the spurs are down by 8 at half time many of you will run in here to edit your first post :lmao

word
06-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Must win game.

For the Spurs.

*cough*

Spurs can take it to 7 if they have to if they lose. Pistons can't win three, much less four in a row against the Spurs. They can't win three in a row against ANYONE. They have a tough time winning TWO in a row.

If the Spurs lose game two all they have to do is pick up 'A' game in Detroit and get BACK to SA and more than likely they'll pick up two in Detroit. How many games did the Spurs win against the Suns on the road ?

I can't WAIT to light up the Pistons in their own house.

Of course, the Pistons are HISTORY if they lose game two, and they will.

I have noooo doubt of that. Honestly, I think the Suns series was the championship if not the Seattle series.

We aren't playing our toughest opponent in the playoffs here....let's face it...that Heat/Pistons series was...a train wreck.

I could be wrong, but....I'm not.

word
06-12-2005, 05:49 AM

And THAT is a stupid statement. You go down 2-0, then you have to win 4/5.

You can screw around like that in round 1 or 2.

That time is over, as you well know otherwise we'd be on a 'mavstalk' forum, right ?

Duncan21
06-12-2005, 09:38 AM
if spurs lose tonight it still no where over

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 12:48 PM
And THAT is a stupid statement. You go down 2-0, then you have to win 4/5.

You can screw around like that in round 1 or 2.

That time is over, as you well know otherwise we'd be on a 'mavstalk' forum, right ?
The pistons lost 3 games against Miami but were able to win the last 2. It is not over until you lose that final game. That is why the elimination game is the most important. Other games are very important leading up but if you can't finish it didn't matter as much as you think. It also depends on the team you play and how good they are.

fonzy16
06-12-2005, 12:55 PM
game 7 is by far most important game. when comes to game 7 of course :)

Ginofan
06-12-2005, 01:21 PM
I wonder what is the record for NBA teams that won game 2

and did they win it all or not. where is ducks when you need him?

Only two teams down 0-2 in the Finals have come back and won.