PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic Trade

k_nguyen93
06-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Just curious on your thoughts. I know Dwight has said he wants to stay but there's no way he will if he's serious about winning with Gilbert's contract. The guy already makes plenty of money off the court so why not come to a small market and the original Superman's hometown? Duncan and Manu are still good players, there's three point shooting in Bonner/Neal/Anderson/Ginobili with Dwight and Duncan filling up the paint, + the best front office in the NBA.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3npmp7l

Orlando: They would want some young talent back so Hill and Splitter + some draft picks probably. They get salary cap relief in McDyess, a better contract than Hedo's in Jefferson, and someone who is two years younger. Parker is same age as Nelson yet is a legit all star unlike Nelson who made it once in the east once with 16.7 PPG and 5.4 APG.

Spurs: Obviously get the best big man in the game. He's missed at most 4 games in the regular season in his 7 seasons yet is only 25. Duncan's salary works perfectly so that both guys can sit pat for the next season (assuming we have one) and then Duncan can either retire/take a paycut so Dwight gets max money. Nelson is same age as Parker but his contract is only 2 versus Tony's 4. He's a better 3 point shooter and his assists were a career high last year (only 0.6 behind Tony). Pretty good considering Hedo and Gilbert probably dominated the ball a lot at times. Hedo's got a pretty bad contract but the 4th year is unguaranteed unlike Jefferson's. Same PPG but the guy gives you assists, rebounds, and steals at least. He's got 3 inches on Jefferson as well. He's at least played with the Spurs before so that's a +.

Edit:
Howard on the best place to live: “Orlando. There’s no state taxes.”

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Dex
06-19-2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0808/cocaine-g-mon-demotivational-poster-1219087027.jpg

LeBald Crabs
06-19-2011, 01:16 PM
:rollin
Wigga let's be real for a moment now.
How about Tony Parker for Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon.
Or Manu Ginobilli&Neal for Jason Richardson S&T.
Or Tim Duncan for Brandon Bass straight up.
Because, tbh, You&I know this is the real value of your tired players.
Dwight Howard...:lol

k_nguyen93
06-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Team: San Antonio Spurs ???

I didn't say trade Manu/Duncan. Parker is in his prime and an all star point guard in the WEST. Obviously Orlando can't get same value back as evidenced by Carmelo/Deron trades. What I'm proposing gives them financial flexibility and talent at the same time. For Dwight, he claims to want to win and the no state tax on personal income. Those states include: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming. That narrows it down to Miami, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. The Heat don't have the contracts to do it beacause LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all took under $13mil. Houston has assets but no real talent. Their best player is Kevin Martin who's been the player of the week once. Dallas is already spending $90 million, has no young talent, and still needs to resign Chandler/Barea/Butler. I'm just throwing the idea out there. At some point they have to do something or they'll end up in a worst state than Cleveland/Toronto because of Gilbert's contract.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2011, 01:52 PM
this thread is now for funny pictures

http://i.imgur.com/B07H1.jpg