PDA

View Full Version : Lakers willing to offer Bynum and Odom for Dwight

djohn2oo8
06-19-2011, 01:41 PM
The Lakers are trying to get in on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. Willing to offer Bynum & Odom. More to come.

59 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/Probballdraft/status/82503229660860416)

http://twitter.com/#!/Probballdraft

Pelicans78
06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
If I'm Orlando, I would ask for Bynum and Gasol.

mavsfan1000
06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Don't do it Orlando.

namlook
06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Magic won't get a better offer than that with most other teams knowing they would be renting for one year.

DMC
06-19-2011, 02:03 PM
That would be a disaster for LA. Odom is huge for them. No Phil Jackson to coach Howard, he would not find his potential with Brown. He would be a foul magnet in tight games because he sucks from the FT line.

Fabbs
06-19-2011, 02:15 PM
If I'm Orlando, I would ask for Bynum and Gasol.
at least.

"Willing to offer" injury prone Bynum and Chlomar Kardashian. :lol
Spare us.

Nathan89
06-19-2011, 02:16 PM
:lol Another dominate big man to carry Kobe.

baseline bum
06-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Magic won't get a better offer than that with most other teams knowing they would be renting for one year.

They won't get a better offer than a center who will walk at the same time Dwight would and an old PF who is of no use in a rebuilding project? Bynum would have to greenlight the trade by agreeing to an extension for Orlando to do it, and why would Bynum sign his own ticket out of LA to play in shitty Florida with a horrible team?

mavsfan1000
06-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Kobe is the luckiest guard this league has ever seen.

mavsfan1000
06-19-2011, 02:24 PM
He even gets away with rape.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM

period

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2011, 02:45 PM

sounds ok by me....:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2011, 02:47 PM
That would be a disaster for LA. Odom is huge for them. No Phil Jackson to coach Howard, he would not find his potential with Brown. He would be a foul magnet in tight games because he sucks from the FT line.

I would prefer a straight up swap with Drew and Dwight...but if so then buh-bye Odom....

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Kobe is the luckiest guard this league has ever seen.

sounds ok by me....

dunkman
06-19-2011, 03:51 PM
If Bynum can stay healthy, it will make both teams better . . .

LeBald Crabs
06-19-2011, 03:54 PM
It would probably have to be Bynum&Gasol for Dwight&Hedo for the Magic to even consider a trade with the Lakers regarding how huge Dwight is to that franchize.

Amaso
06-19-2011, 04:19 PM
It would probably have to be Bynum&Gasol for Dwight&Hedo for the Magic to even consider a trade with the Lakers regarding how huge Dwight is to that franchize.

Bynum/Gasol for Dwight + a terrible contract is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, even the Magic know they can't get that sort of value from Dwight while getting rid of a horrible contract.

frodo
06-19-2011, 04:24 PM
orlando have no other choice but accept lakers offer, stern runs this league the Magic just have to act the victim one more time imho. lakers coulda offered artest + glassman for DH + trashes, Odom be a solid nigga who does a decent job for them lakers. odom da nigga only be added to make the deal look a bit less lopsided imho

LeBald Crabs
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Sure it's the dumbest thing You've ever heard...I mean You are a Lakers fan and used to getting gifts like Gasol for Kwame fuckin Brown. Anyway, tbh, You&I know that You still would make that trade.

Amaso
06-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Sure it's the dumbest thing You've ever heard...I mean You are a Lakers fan and used to getting gifts like Gasol for Kwame fuckin Brown. Anyway, tbh, You&I know that You still would make that trade.

I'd do the Bynum/Odom trade assuming that we wouldn't have to take on a bad contract with Howard. That is the best value the Magic will get for Howard. They get a guy who is probably worth more than his contract in LO and Bynum who is young and could potentially be a cornerstone of a franchise given a chance. It would keep the Magic relevant (not championship contenders) in the East and give them a future, so they continue to bring in money and have a positive future.

Bynum/Gasol for Howard + bad contract (Hedo) is laughable, and its laughable you think I'd be dumb enough to actually support that trade if I was given a chance.

frodo
06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Bynum/Gasol for Dwight + a terrible contract is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, even the Magic know they can't get that sort of value from Dwight while getting rid of a horrible contract.

agree 100% nigga, lakers definitely can make better use of pau imo, e.g. traded to minny for LOVE and da #2 pick

lineups 2012:

Kobe
Williams
Odom (or artest, depending on who gets traded to Orlando)
Love
DH

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Put in Gasol instead of Bynum, then Orlando does it. Not a minute before...

Hoops Czar
06-19-2011, 04:42 PM

The better offer would be to stay in Orlando.

Amaso
06-19-2011, 04:43 PM
agree 100% nigga, lakers definitely can make better use of pau imo, e.g. traded to minny for LOVE and da #2 pick

lineups 2012:

Kobe
Williams
Odom (or artest, depending on who gets traded to Orlando)
Love
DH

That's a terrible trade too, why would the Lakers trade away their 2nd best player for a guy who is arguably the worst defensive big man in the league and a rookie in a draft where the top picks are of low value, and might not even be able to contribute this or next year, when the Lakers are just trying to get a couple of more title runs out of Kobe's last good years.
/facepalm

Amaso
06-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Put in Gasol instead of Bynum, then Orlando does it. Not a minute before...

Why would the Magic want Gasol over Bynum? He's more expensive, older and it's not like they are title contenders with Gasol.

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Why would the Magic want Gasol over Bynum? He's more expensive, older and it's not like they are title contenders with Gasol.

Sorry, meant instead of Odom.

LkrFan
06-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Don't do it Orlando.

:lol

frodo
06-19-2011, 04:51 PM
That's a terrible trade too, why would the Lakers trade away their 2nd best player for a guy who is arguably the worst defensive big man in the league and a rookie in a draft where the top picks are of low value, and might not even be able to contribute this or next year, when the Lakers are just trying to get a couple of more title runs out of Kobe's last good years.
/facepalm

league's leading rebounder = worst defensive big man? :lol kobe is a coniferous nigga who never gets old i think kobe can maintain good form till his 40s imho, pau however already shows signs of aging, artest was a terrible signing in the first place and can possible turn tumor anytime.

trade artest (or odom) + glassman for DH + whatever trash, Pau to minny for LOVE and da #2 pick, lakers STACKED

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Next topic up for debate is how much Kobe's legacy diminishes when doesn't win with Dwight

benefactor
06-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Lateral move tbh. They get better defensively but the holes at the wing are still glaring.

LeBald Crabs
06-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Gasol/Bynum/Barnes for Howard/Nelson/JJ Redick
This trade would make both teams better imho.
Magic:
Arenas/Richardson/Barnes/Gasol/Bynum
Lakers:
Nelson/Kobe/Artest/Odom/Howard

Amaso
06-19-2011, 05:03 PM
league's leading rebounder = worst defensive big man? :lol kobe is a coniferous nigga who never gets old i think kobe can maintain good form till his 40s imho, pau however already shows signs of aging, artest was a terrible signing in the first place and can possible turn tumor anytime.

trade artest (or odom) + glassman for DH + whatever trash, Pau to minny for LOVE and da #2 pick, lakers STACKED

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Dwight to LA sounds ok by me....

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Dwight to LA sounds ok by me....

Because Kobe needs ANOTHER big man in his prime :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Because Kobe needs ANOTHER big man in his prime :lol

or a big man has always needed Kobe...Shaq before Kobe no rings...Gasol before Kobe 0-12 .......:lmao

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 05:24 PM
or a big man has always needed Kobe...Shaq before Kobe no rings...Gasol before Kobe 0-12 .......:lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao Kobe not getting out of the first round without either one of them

Lukor
06-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Anyone who wants Dwight will have to take Arenas and/or Turkoglu. And 30+yr old Odom doesnt make any sense if the Magic go into rebuilding mode.

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2011, 05:28 PM
BAM!!!

Jordan without Pippen (5 seasons):

.430 win %
0 Titles
0 MVPs
0 Finals MVP
0 Finals appearances
0 Playoff series wins
1-9 playoff record
0 NBA All Defense Team
0 NBA Defensive Player of the year

Kobe without Snaq (6 seasons):

.611 win %
3 Finals appearances
2 Championships
1 MVP (Reg season)
2 MVP (Finals)
5 NBA All Defense 1st Team
81 points in 1 game
62 points in 3 quarters (outscored Mavs all by himself)
4 straight 50+ pt games
30 straight 40+ games averaged 40 for a month

Kobe 3 Seasons without Shaq and Gasol:
.492 win %
0 Titles
1 Regular Season MVP
0 Finals MVP
0 Finals appearances
0 Playoff series wins
4-8 playoff record
3 NBA All Defense Team
0 NBA Defensive Player of the year

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Carried by two hall of fame big men :lmao

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/3738635531_d869fd4426.jpg

Joey Gallo
06-19-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.hhweb.com/2000nba32.jpg

sefant77
06-19-2011, 06:06 PM
If im Dwight i sign as a FA in 2012 with Brooklyn and let them ship out Lopez for an allstar wing like Iggy

Deron
Morrow
Iggy
Humphries
Dwight

Outlaw

pass1st
06-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Priority #1 - Replace Fisher with a capable PG

Priority #2 - Get a good staff to cover up Brown's incompetence

Priority #3 - Better bench

Priority #392 - Get Dwight Howard

DarkGinobili
06-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Lol

DirkDoesWork
06-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Of course the Lakers are willing to offer Odom and Bynum.

The real question is if Orlando's FO is retarded enough to accept the deal.

cheguevara
06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
regardless lakers don't get any better.

The real point is Lakers lost because of their shitty bench and Kobe's new role as bag of shit of the team. Getting Dwight won't change those 2 factors one bit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Swap those pieces and I don't think that's a Lakers that gets swept by the Mavs, but it's not one that wins a ring either.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
...Gasol before Kobe 0-12 .......:lmao

:lol

I'm sure Kobe would have won rings in Memphis..

dbreiden83080
06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Supposedly the Magic want to move Dwight to the team willing to take Arenas. That should work for LA actually.

Arenas is cancer to any team he plays for

I endorse that move..

Killakobe81
06-20-2011, 01:23 PM
They won't get a better offer than a center who will walk at the same time Dwight would and an old PF who is of no use in a rebuilding project? Bynum would have to greenlight the trade by agreeing to an extension for Orlando to do it, and why would Bynum sign his own ticket out of LA to play in shitty Florida with a horrible team?

Why would bynum walk?

Killakobe81
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
if bynum proves worthy of a lucrative extension why would he not stay? his agent is souless parasite, bynum would take the best offer.

Killakobe81
06-20-2011, 01:27 PM
regardless lakers don't get any better.

The real point is Lakers lost because of their shitty bench and Kobe's new role as bag of shit of the team. Getting Dwight won't change those 2 factors one bit.

Heat made the Finals with most the same issues and Spo as the coach ...along with a menatlly fragile Lebron.

TimmehC
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Obviously, the Lakers FO is obsessed with upgrading the defense this offseason. I wish the Spurs FO would share that obsession.

Killakobe81
06-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Personally, if the choice is one big for a PG or two for a center I would choose PG, TBH. We already have 3 solid bigs, though dwight is way better than any of them.

LOl at those both LAker fans and haters dismissing Dwight. Dude is a 3x DPOY, has already carried a good though not great team to the Finals :lol

...give him Kobe and Pau or Odom he will get back to an NBA finals ...

And i could care less if it affects Kobe's legacy? Kobe is one of my favorites, but fuck his individual legacy. he gets another ring who cares if Dwight was needed to get him it?

djohn2oo8
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Personally, if the choice is one big for a PG or two for a center I would choose PG, TBH. We already have 3 solid bigs, though dwight is way better than any of them.

LOl at those both LAker fans and haters dismissing Dwight. Dude is a 3x DPOY, has already carried a good though not great team to the Finals :lol

...give him Kobe and Pau or Odom he will get back to an NBA finals ...

And i could care less if it affects Kobe's legacy? Kobe is one of my favorites, but fuck his individual legacy. he gets another ring who cares if Dwight was needed to get him it?

Kobe/Odom/Dwight and who else exactly? They'd have the same problem as Miami did, except for making the Finals.

namlook
06-20-2011, 02:18 PM

Exactly. Shaq already had a 1st team all-NBA guard before Kobe and he couldn't get a ring with him. Not until he joined forces with Kobe was he able to do it. Gasol was 0 for 12 in the playoffs before he joined Kobe but Gasol is the reason they won? :lol

djohn2oo8
06-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Exactly. Shaq already had a 1st team all-NBA guard before Kobe and he couldn't get a ring with him. Not until he joined forces with Kobe was he able to do it. Gasol was 0 for 12 in the playoffs before he joined Kobe but Gasol is the reason they won? :lol

No one was beating that 95 Rockets team, to which Shaq matched Hakeem pretty well. Try to quit being such a fucking retard

Killakobe81
06-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Kobe/Odom/Dwight and who else exactly? They'd have the same problem as Miami did, except for making the Finals.

Meh, I would take my chances with that core. Miami is just a few 4th quarter collapses fom a title with no big close to Dwight ...Sue Lebron and wade are younger and more dynamic than Kobe, but even Wade is not as "proven".

If they could trade Odom and Bynum ... i make that trade. Even though Lamar has more "stones" than Pau, Gasol is the better player.

A lineup of:

C Howard
PF Pau
SF Artest
SG Kobe
PG TBD ...

has a chance at a title ...might not be enough to win ... as the Lakers with Kobe, Shaq GP and malone proved... and last year's Heat did as well. But you take that gamble when talent the caliber of Dwight become available. I doubt this happens but you are lying if you say the though doesnt make you nervous.

And Dwight is just a long-shot possibility. Remember, LA is a proven franchise and Los angeles a dream locale. We may not get Dwight but we attract superstars: Wilt, Shaq etc. if we dont draft or trade for them: Magic, worthy, Kobe etc.

It's only a matter of time. Will we win another with Kobe? right now, that appears doubtful ... but possible. If we get Dwight I likw our chances more but that is no promise either. But a declining Kobe, soft Pau and Dwight is not far behind the Mavs or heat and that is all that matters.

lefty
06-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Odom IS their bench

WTF

JoeTait75
06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
No one was beating that 95 Rockets team, to which Shaq matched Hakeem pretty well. Try to quit being such a fucking retard

It wasn't Shaq's fault they lost that series anyway. Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott pissed it away- especially Nick the Brick. Shaq played well enough.

Amaso
06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Big men generally need an all-star guard to win championships rather than the other way around although all-star big men are generally more valuable than all-star guards (yes it sounds confusing). It's hard for big men to close games out, you can't always get the ball in their hands, they aren't usually good FT shooters, you can't tell them to go guard the other team's best scorer at the end of games. It's one of the reasons why I think Dirk is more valuable to a team as a franchise player than someone like KG, even though Dirk isn't really a guard. You can get it into Dirk's hands on the perimeter and let him go to work, while you will need another guard to take those "clutch" shots for KG.

I think someone should count how many championships have been one by a team with an all-star big but no all-star guards and vice-versa in the modern era (80s-now). I'd be curious to see how they compare. If someone wants to make a valid opposition to what I think I want to hear it. Just off the top of my head:

No All-star Big Men
Jordans Bulls - 6 championships
Detroit Pistons (late 80s) - 2 championships
Detroit Pistons 2004 - 1 championship (although Sheed is a PF/C, he's not a traditional one)

No All-star Guards
*99, 2003 Spurs
94 Rockets
2011 Mavs? (although Dirk is essentially a guard in a PF's body)

I'm sure I left a few teams out but someone add some more.

cesare borgia
06-20-2011, 03:46 PM

The Rockets was the sixth seed, and Orlando was the first seed.

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Probballdraft Probasketballdraft
Lakers discussion with the Timberwolves have centered around the #2 pick for Lamar Odom. LO would not be a fan but could be flipped by MIN.

Lakers are having discussions with other teams as well about Odom. If Lakers acquire a pick in lotto for LO than it would likely be for a PG

Nathan89
06-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Big men generally need an all-star guard to win championships rather than the other way around although all-star big men are generally more valuable than all-star guards (yes it sounds confusing). It's hard for big men to close games out, you can't always get the ball in their hands, they aren't usually good FT shooters, you can't tell them to go guard the other team's best scorer at the end of games. It's one of the reasons why I think Dirk is more valuable to a team as a franchise player than someone like KG, even though Dirk isn't really a guard. You can get it into Dirk's hands on the perimeter and let him go to work, while you will need another guard to take those "clutch" shots for KG.

I think someone should count how many championships have been one by a team with an all-star big but no all-star guards and vice-versa in the modern era (80s-now). I'd be curious to see how they compare. If someone wants to make a valid opposition to what I think I want to hear it. Just off the top of my head:

No All-star Big Men
Jordans Bulls - 6 championships
Detroit Pistons (late 80s) - 2 championships
Detroit Pistons 2004 - 1 championship (although Sheed is a PF/C, he's not a traditional one)

No All-star Guards
99, 2003 Spurs
94 Rockets
2011 Mavs? (although Dirk is essentially a guard in a PF's body)

I'm sure I left a few teams out but someone add some more.

Classic gnsf trying to subtly show the greatness of Tim Duncan...wait a sec it's a lakerfan:wow.

KidCongo
06-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Even if the Lakers get the #2 pick they won't nab the best PG in the draft. Would Knight or Walker be worth LO??

DPG21920
06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Lamar is very solid and all, but if that's all it takes to nab Williams, they should have a lot of takers.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2011, 06:40 PM
If Odom gets traded he has to promise he'll take that half-man, half-she male wife with him..

Spursfan092120
06-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I would prefer a straight up swap with Drew and Dwight.
Then you could trade Luke Walton for that Lebron guy....

frodo
06-20-2011, 07:38 PM
odom been a solid nigga but hes no bigger then a role player and hes well in his 30s too fuck knows how much is left in his tank. bynum is a good player and is one of the best centers of the league now, but health has always been quite an issue for him and he's so fucking damn young which makes it even worse.