PDA

View Full Version : This Klitschko-Haye trash talking video has me amped for their fight.

Isitjustme?
06-19-2011, 05:16 PM
-lDZhnxAwS0

Prime1
06-19-2011, 05:42 PM
That is a truly awesome video. They both came off well; Haye as a complete dick but an entertaining one and Klitschko as a stone cold badass motherfucker. I might actually even watch that fight. Via torrent the next day, but still...

Ashy Larry
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Vlad's gonna keep him on the end of that jab all fight long ...... Haye's gotta risk getting hit in order to do damage and I just can't see that.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2011, 05:43 PM
I was gonna make a thread on this fight glad you did. I am a huge Wlad fan. He gets a lot of shit from American boxing fans but he has beat everyone there is to beat at HW other than his brother for the better part of 6-7 years.. I have him top 10 ever at HW. Haye is just a talking bitch.. I question if his head is even in this fight. He is talking retirement left and right after he (Coughs) wins.. This is not a guy talking about building his legacy after he wins. Wlad, too big, too strong, too good..

Wlad wins by KO early if Haye comes after him.. KO late if he runs all night..

Ashy Larry
06-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Vlad ... top ten heavy? Maybe. Pretty debatable.

I have him probably in that 11-15 range. Maybe as high as 9. Best heavies in my era:

Muhammad Ali (Just off competition and title reigns, sneaky power but was a middleweight in heavyweight body. Stayed too long. Fought everyone.)

Evander Holyfield (Never ducked anyone. Great trilogy with Bowe. Fought everyone. Stayed too long. Took Mike's best shot, nodded his head and smiled)

Mike Tyson (when focused, in shape and prepared, wasn't anyone more deadly. Power of Foreman and speed of Leonard. Prison and no Atlas/Rooney really detoured his legacy. Thanks Don King and Robin Givens)

Lennox Lewis(when in shape would have retired undefeated - McCall and Rahman really stains record. Ducked by Bowe and Tyson)

Larry Holmes (One of the greatest jabs of all time. Sucks that he had no one to fight and came after Ali and before Tyson. Lost in shuffle)

Joe Frazier (Always overlooked, best left hook in boxing. Damn near took Ali's head off. Beat down from Foreman and Ali trilogy -lost 2 of 3- stained his career)

All Time: Joe Lewis. Can't forget about Marciano and Jack Johnson.

Muser
06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I've watched Haye come up from the bottom and he's a damn good fighter, I think some of you are underselling him. Should be a damn good fight.

Muser
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Vlad ... top ten heavy? Maybe. Pretty debatable.

I have him probably in that 11-15 range. Maybe as high as 9. Best heavies in my era:

Muhammad Ali (Just off competition and title reigns, sneaky power but was a middleweight in heavyweight body. Stayed too long. Fought everyone.)

Evander Holyfield (Never ducked anyone. Great trilogy with Bowe. Fought everyone. Stayed too long. Took Mike's best shot, nodded his head and smiled)

Mike Tyson (when focused, in shape and prepared, wasn't anyone more deadly. Power of Foreman and speed of Leonard. Prison and no Atlas/Rooney really detoured his legacy. Thanks Don King and Robin Givens)

Lennox Lewis(when in shape would have retired undefeated - McCall and Rahman really stains record. Ducked by Bowe and Tyson)

Larry Holmes (One of the greatest jabs of all time. Sucks that he had no one to fight and came after Ali and before Tyson. Lost in shuffle)

Joe Frazier (Always overlooked, best left hook in boxing. Damn near took Ali's head off. Beat down from Foreman and Ali trilogy -lost 2 of 3- stained his career)

All Time: Joe Lewis. Can't forget about Marciano and Jack Johnson.

Agree with these rankings. Tyson is like the Shaq of boxing, in his prime he was just a fucking beast but lack of motivation at times cost them.

Ashy Larry
06-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Agree with these rankings. Tyson is like the Shaq of boxing, in his prime he was just a fucking beast but lack of motivation at times cost them.

never really had competition in a watered down heavyweight division at the time. Prison took away a prime Tyson and prime Holyfield matchup with a possible matchup against a prime Bowe and prime Lewis.

Looking over his career, who has Mike really beaten???

dbreiden83080
06-24-2011, 11:28 PM

Whoa Whoa easy there tiger.. Stained his career.. The Thrilla in Manilla was maybe the best fight of all time.. That enhanced Smoking Joe's legacy baby..

I agree with most of your list BTW..

Ashy Larry
06-25-2011, 08:55 AM
stained as in "what if" ..... what if he had won two of three over Ali, we'd have him in another spot probably. I think it did help his career but it also left him in a dark cloud especially emotionally. Lost two of three to his biggest rival and that beating from Big George hurt as well.

"The Thrilla" was just an epic battle. I mean, these two damn near died in the ring. What I know you're saying though. Joe gained so much respect and dude didn't quit in his corner. He would have came out for Round 15 if Eddie Futch didn't stop the fight. Just a tremendous battle.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I've watched Haye come up from the bottom and he's a damn good fighter, I think some of you are underselling him. Should be a damn good fight.

I have yet to see one Englishman take Vlad over Haye. So he's either great or homerism is running rampant over there.

dbreiden83080
06-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I have yet to see one Englishman take Vlad over Haye. So he's either great or homerism is running rampant over there.

Homering running rampant.. Haye struggled badly with a giant 7 foot stiff in Valuev. He won but it was hardly impressive.. Haye has never been in with anyone like Wlad, not even close. He has fought slow unskilled stiffs or old out of prime shot fighters at HW.. Haye is jumping like 10 skill levels here..

Muser
06-26-2011, 03:41 PM

FWIW I think Vlad will win, but I dont think Haye will get dominated.

Muser
06-26-2011, 03:48 PM
never really had competition in a watered down heavyweight division at the time. Prison took away a prime Tyson and prime Holyfield matchup with a possible matchup against a prime Bowe and prime Lewis.

Looking over his career, who has Mike really beaten???

I remember watching that Lennox Lewis fight, Tyson played dirty that match and blew all his energy trying to knock Lennox out early.

As for the competition you can only beat who's in front of you tbh, as much as I dislike Tyson you can't argue with 44 knockouts from 50 wins.

Ashy Larry
06-26-2011, 10:41 PM
I remember watching that Lennox Lewis fight, Tyson played dirty that match and blew all his energy trying to knock Lennox out early.

As for the competition you can only beat who's in front of you tbh, as much as I dislike Tyson you can't argue with 44 knockouts from 50 wins.

Lennox Lewis just had the prefect body for boxing. He and Bowe. Mike was clearly a shell of himself and was fghting to pay bills. Don King really did dude wrong.

yeah that's true. Just when I look at his record, his best win was a Light Heavyweight in Mike Spinks. Seldon and Berbick were clearly scared shitless. His prison sentence really cheated us out of some great match ups.

Tyson vs. Holyfield ..... if he had beaten Douglass.
Tyson vs. Bowe
Tyson vs. Lewis

Just really great potential there. The PPV would have been crazy in Tyson and Holyfield fought after the Tokyo bout.

Ashy Larry
06-26-2011, 10:43 PM
And tell Devon Alexander that top contenders in the same division do not fight ten rounders. If that fight goes twelve, he loses.

Hooks
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
This is going to be an interesting fight. Haye looked like shit in his last couple of fights, he looked slow and his timing was off a lot. I want to see if Haye will be able to slip Wlad's jab, Haye is very good at slipping punches and he may be able to land a couple quick punches on Wlad's chin. I've never really seen Wlad fight on the inside, nearly every single fighter he's fought is smaller than him so all he does is lean his body on top of them.

Haye will have to come out guns blazing and hope to get a KO or TKO, if he doesn't the fight is pretty much over once it goes past the 6th round, Wlad will break Haye down like he's done with everybody else.

Wlad top 10? Nah, his resume just isn't good enough, it's not his fault that this is the weakest HW division ever though.

Hooks
06-28-2011, 10:33 PM
I was gonna make a thread on this fight glad you did. I am a huge Wlad fan. He gets a lot of shit from American boxing fans...

I think that has a lot to do with Wlad's own fans, that and Wlad is a very boring fighter. A shit load of European boxing fans don't even care about watching an exciting match, they just go for whoever is representing their country or if they're a white Euro fighter, they're pretty damn racist too. I see it all the time on forums, the Abraham, Darchinyan, etc. nearly all of them are the same, their fans spew hateful stuff, it's very annoying.

dbreiden83080
06-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Really excited about this fight..

oiy8tyLeUyU

dbreiden83080
06-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Saturday at 4:45 ET on HBO..

This fight has me really pumped about boxing for the 1st time in a while..

Hooks
07-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Wow, right now it's drizzling in Hamburg and some of the winds there are pushing the drizzle into the ring.

4Ff8i6HKJoU

Apparently they're fighting in a stadium that's outside lmfao, not only that but from what I've read it's ALWAYS raining in Hamburg. Who's fucking idiotic idea was it to have a boxing match in a stadium with no roof, in a city prone to rain?

Hopefully it stops in a few hours, I just want to watch a damn fight!

dbreiden83080
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
LOL These Brits are so fuckin biased.. They all act like Haye is some great HW and Wlad is a bum he is gonna walk through.. :lol

This guy looked awful against a giant stiff in Valuev..

ALVAREZ6
07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Really excited about this fight..

oiy8tyLeUyU

did they hook up at the end of the encounter??

DMX7
07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I'll probably tune it. Nothing else on TV this afternoon.

Biggems
07-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Haye talked like a rott, but fights like a chihuahua

Muser
07-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Best fight i've seen in a while, hayes tactics were dogshit though rofl.

Biggems
07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
hayes should pick up soccer, he already has the flops down.....

I guess Hayes tactic of boring Wlad into a coma and then knocking him out just didnt quite work.

Muser
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
:lmao :cry I couldn't win because my toe hurt :cry fuckin bitch

Biggems
07-02-2011, 05:28 PM
haye and his group seem to be nothing but excuse makers....he went out like a total bitch

Biggems
07-02-2011, 05:34 PM
i couldnt punch cause my toe hurt..............ouchies mommy

Biggems
07-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I would love to see the brothers go at it.....with the winner being the unified, undisputed champion of the world

Ashy Larry
07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I think the world recognizes Wlad as the heavyweight champ ........

dbreiden83080
07-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Well Haye talked himself into a big fight and pay-day against one of the best HW's of all time but he sure didn't come to fight... "My toe was fucked up" he actually took his damn shoe off to show everyone.. :lol

I had it 9-2 1 even like Lederman did.. Wlad could have done a bit more but Haye was running and posing the whole fight.. Diving at Wlad and then crying for a pt deuduction. :lol

Not a great fight but pretty good.. Wlad dominated although many will be critical.. Haye back to obscurity my friend..

dbreiden83080
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
haye and his group seem to be nothing but excuse makers....he went out like a total bitch

MMA brit fighters are the same way.. Nothing but excuses after a loss..

Hooks
07-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Boring ass fight as usual. I want to watch an exciting HW bout!!!!!! It's too bad Adamek's chin won't hold up to Vitali, he is very exciting.

I was really surprised that Wlad could barely land and when he did it wasn't enough to hurt Haye. If Wlad had trouble hitting/hurting Haye just think what would've happened if he fought guys like Tyson, Ali, Lewis, etc. I think he'd get destroyed by them.

Oh and terrible job by the ref. he was really inconsistent.

Hooks
07-02-2011, 07:23 PM
MMA brit fighters are the same way.. Nothing but excuses after a loss..

lol, Haye did say he wanted to try out MMA once he retired. Haye said he wanted to retire by the time he was 30, so this may be one of his last boxing matches.

Prime1
07-03-2011, 02:09 AM
lol, Haye did say he wanted to try out MMA once he retired. Haye said he wanted to retire by the time he was 30, so this may be one of his last boxing matches.

He'd probably have great takedown defense.