PDA

View Full Version : Ups

daspurs
06-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Does anyone work there ? Im going in for the tour and interview this week. Not looking this at as a platform to jump start for my career. Just doing it for school. They are going to have me working as a preloader. Any advice would be appreciated.

4>0rings
06-19-2011, 11:14 PM
It will only be part time. Might have to work some weird hours as they load their trucks VERY early 4-5am'ish. Company is good but all they care about is the package getting to a place on time, not you... to be expected. A friend works there.

Someones going to be shoving packages your way and you have to read the label and get them on the right truck and you can dress how ever you like. That's it.

daspurs
06-19-2011, 11:16 PM
It will only be part time. Might have to work some weird hours as they load their trucks VERY early 4-5am'ish. Company is good but all they care about is the package getting to a place on time, not you... to be expected. A friend works there.

Someones going to be shoving packages your way and you have to read the label and get them on the right truck and you can dress how ever you like. That's it.

Yeah i was told id be working 5-9 in the morning.

Frenzy
06-20-2011, 09:43 AM
You get to wear that snazzy cyborg looking barcode reader. I took a small tour once years back trying to find a part time job. Looks like the guys on there work like slaves.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Don't forget to apply deodorant.