PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs in the 00's decade

romain.star
06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
So, the 00's decade just ended. It was quite a successful run for San Antonio (and could have been even better)

So where do you guys rank the Spurs main players?

Duncan is easly 1# at PF but what about Parker at PG and Manu at SG ?

Is Pop < Phil J. ? Are the Spurs :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: and amazing regular season records enough to make the Spurs the best NBA team of the decade?

(non-biased opinions are mostly welcomed)

Nick Manning
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Phil>>>Pop...more successful and owns a 4-1 H2H record vs him (2 of those series W's with SA having HCA).

Manu is up there for SG, but Bean obviously has him beat by a country mile.

Technique
06-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Ginobili is the next best SG after Bryant throughout the decade, better than him now imo.

Parker a top 5 PG of the decade. His credentials are unquestionable.

Leetonidas
06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Wade destroying Dallas in 2006 and winning a title/Finals MVP not to mention his elite level of play has him ahead of Ginobili for 2nd best SG of the decade. Manu is easily #3 though.

ambchang
06-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Pop < Jackson (hate saying this)

Parker behind Kidd, Nash, as PG. Paul, Williams, and Rose are clearly better, but they just joined the league too late in the decade.

Manu, as much as a love him, is clearly behind Kobe and Wade.

Team of the decade is arguable, Lakers have one more championship, but also missed a playoff. Spurs on the other hand, had been consistently good throughout the decade. But I can see most people giving this to the Lakers

lefty
06-20-2011, 02:53 PM
KFC is much better than Pop

And he would have benched Bonner

Nick Manning
06-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Parker behind Kidd, Nash, as PG. Paul, Williams, and Rose are clearly better, but they just joined the league too late in the decade.

Team of the decade is arguable, Lakers have one more championship, but also missed a playoff. Spurs on the other hand, had been consistently good throughout the decade. But I can see most people giving this to the Lakers

This post is too objective to be ambchang...someone let him know his account's been hacked.

mavs2011
06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
spurs suck asshole mavs win deal with it and all spurs players suck .. and well ur an ass wipe for thinking there good:ihit

romain.star
06-20-2011, 03:48 PM
The 00's SG list is pretty weak tbh.

Behind Bryant, Wade and Manu, you have players like Stackhouse, Allen, Carter, Hamilton, Terry or Redd...

Looking at this list, one would think Manu could have had more the 2 ASG selections (even with his limited minutes)

romain.star
06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
spurs suck asshole mavs win deal with it and all spurs players suck .. and well ur an ass wipe for thinking there good:ihit

I think Dirk Nowitzki is a cool dude

efrain jimenez
06-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Phil>>>Pop...more successful and owns a 4-1 H2H record vs him (2 of those series W's with SA having HCA).

Manu is up there for SG, but Bean obviously has him beat by a country mile.
what could have done pop with kobe,shaq,jordan, pippen and gasol:wow

eric365
06-21-2011, 06:15 AM

Iverson should be in the list

Agloco
06-21-2011, 08:19 AM

No he shouldn't

eric365
06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
No he shouldn't

You don't have Iverson in a list with Deron Williams ?

Nick Manning
06-21-2011, 11:57 AM
what could have done pop with kobe,shaq,jordan, pippen and gasol:wow

Sit them in favor of Bonner.

ambchang
06-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Agreed. As a SG, Iverson, in his prime > Manu. As a PG, Iverson is > Parker as well.

Not sure how I missed him. I always loved the way Iverson played, and thought he was misunderstood as a basketball player. If you surround him with the right players (defensive bigs, a big PG, lots of shooters), I believe Iverson could conceivably have won a championship.

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 01:29 PM
No he shouldn't

He absolutely should.

romain.star
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Agreed. As a SG, Iverson, in his prime > Manu. As a PG, Iverson is > Parker as well.

Not sure how I missed him. I always loved the way Iverson played, and thought he was misunderstood as a basketball player. If you surround him with the right players (defensive bigs, a big PG, lots of shooters), I believe Iverson could conceivably have won a championship.

Not a great fan of the player but leading a bunch of role players to the Finals is quite something for such a short dude

He is one of the 00's greats without a doubt