PDA

View Full Version : Black people and elevators (no racist)

lefty
06-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Can someome explain me why the fuck they always have to take the elvator for 1 fucking floor?

Would it kill them to use the stairs?

And I'm not just talking about the fat Burger King addict chick

Even dudes who seem to be in shape by playing basketball (ok not just basketball) can't take the fucking stairs

It's annoying when I'm already running late for work - my company is located on the 11th floor - and they have to take the elevator to get to 1st, or stop it to fly from 4th to 5th.

:pctoss

BlackSwordsMan
06-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Why can't you take the stairs bitch

lefty
06-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Why can't you take the stairs bitch
My ass would hurt from walking up to 11th

The Gemini Method
06-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Get to work on time so you don't have to rush...problem solved, Clayton Bigsby.

Mr Hanky
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
If it wasn't to be used for going up one floor then it would start at 3. Get your shit together.

lefty
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
It will hurt even more when you talk shit to the blacks to their face instead of online and they ream you with their python like black cocks. stop being a bitch and ask them to their face why they choose to take the elevator.
:lmao

Soul_Patch
06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Just black people do this? I wasn't aware, as each time im on an elevator it seems like just about everyone does this.

People will sit and wait 20 minutes at an elevator rather than walk up a flight or two of stairs...i have never understood it. I can understand if you have some sort of physical impairment...but thats about it.

florige
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I am terrified of elevators and only will get on one if it is absolutely necessary. If the stairs are available I will take them no matter how many floors. The thought of me getting stuck in one of them is my worst nightmare.

lefty
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Just black people do this? I wasn't aware, as each time im on an elevator it seems like just about everyone does this.

People will sit and wait 20 minutes at an elevator rather than walk up a flight or two of stairs...i have never understood it. I can understand if you have some sort of physical impairment...but thats about it.
Black people only everytime

Might be a coincidence though

cigar guy
06-20-2011, 01:48 PM
I see all types of people ride the elevator to go up one floor in the malls all the time.

desflood
06-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I see all types of people ride the elevator to go up one floor in the malls all the time.
My family is guilty of that, but it's because my kids love elevators. They're all perfectly capable of walking up a flight of stairs, but when they're so young and it's such a little thing that makes them all happy... I'm not apologizing.

DisAsTerBot
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
People will sit and wait 20 minutes at an elevator rather than walk up a flight or two of stairs...i have never understood it.

happens at my office everyday... After they've driven to the whataburger at the end of the parking lot and then come back and proceed to bitch about not being able to lose weight... but not only black people, lol

cantthinkofanything
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm OK with it. It beats reparations.

ashbeeigh
06-20-2011, 02:37 PM
I am terrified of elevators and only will get on one if it is absolutely necessary. If the stairs are available I will take them no matter how many floors. The thought of me getting stuck in one of them is my worst nightmare.

You don't like scary movies, though either.

And :lol at the "no racist" comment. Come one. It is what it is.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Three floors in my building, and the elevator is pretty much right around the corner from us. Any time I step foot out side the office there's someone waiting on the damn thing. Can't count the number of times I've walked past those folks and beaten them up or down the stairs to the next floor. I can say for sure that they've been every color of the damn rainbow. Seems like being lazy is one of those things that I think we could build upon towards racial harmony. Can't we all come together, black and white, Latin and Asian, men and women, old and young, and join hands in the spirit of doing absolutely nothing?

cantthinkofanything
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Three floors in my building, and the elevator is pretty much right around the corner from us. Any time I step foot out side the office there's someone waiting on the damn thing. Can't count the number of times I've walked past those folks and beaten them up or down the stairs to the next floor. I can say for sure that they've been every color of the damn rainbow. Seems like being lazy is one of those things that I think we could build upon towards racial harmony. Can't we all come together, black and white, Latin and Asian, men and women, old and young, and join hands in the spirit of doing absolutely nothing?

What do you have against double amputees?

Blake
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
(yes racist)

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2011, 03:47 PM

I actually am not opposed to getting stuck in an elevator as long as isn't for many many hours, in fact I might want to experience it some time. Just as long as I'm not stuck on the 20th floor or so, that shit would be terrifying.

I. Hustle
06-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Just leave chicken and menthols on the stairs.

cantthinkofanything
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Just leave chicken and menthols on the stairs.

I guess it was inevitable that someone was going to bust the cherry.

AmericanPsycho
06-20-2011, 04:37 PM
If the stairs are located near the elevator and it is only a few floors I'll take the stairs.

cantthinkofanything
06-20-2011, 04:44 PM
There is some evidence that certain afflictions that affect mobiliity (lupus, gout, some types of arthritis) are more common in African Americans.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Asthma is also slightly more prevalent.

Dex
06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
You think George and Wheezy were taking the stairs when they were movin' on up!?

DMC
06-20-2011, 04:55 PM
They spent their entire lives picking cotton in the hot ass sun. They don't want to climb stairs when there's a perfectly good elevator right there.

cantthinkofanything
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Asthma is also slightly more prevalent.

and heart disease.

Dex
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
We should make lefty sit in the back of the bus.

703 Spurz
06-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Can someome explain me why the fuck they always have to take the elvator for 1 fucking floor?

Would it kill them to use the stairs?

And I'm not just talking about the fat Burger King addict chick

Even dudes who seem to be in shape by playing basketball (ok not just basketball) can't take the fucking stairs

It's annoying when I'm already running late for work - my company is located on the 11th floor - and they have to take the elevator to get to 1st, or stop it to fly from 4th to 5th.

:pctoss

Please. It isn't just black peeps, it's every lazy fuck out there.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building and have been lately using the elevator more often to get to my room. It usually depends on which side of the building I enter in. If it's one of the 2 middle entrances, I usually take the elevator because both stairwells are at the ends of the building and my room is closer to the middle of the hall, requiring significant extra walking. Then, the two side entrances offer different scenarios. If I am approaching the side that requires 1.5 flights of stairs to get to my floor, I take the stairs. If it's the opposite side, it requires 2.5 flights and there's a 50% chance I take the stairs. Another important thing to consider: there are 2 elevators and both are fast in both vertical movement and door shutting/closing quickness. Doors respond immediately to the close doors button.

TBH I think my tactics are rather reasonable. What are your guys opinions?

JoeChalupa
06-20-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm not around elevators much at all but when I am I do try to take the stairs to help with my diabeetus.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
What has 6 legs and says "hoe dee doe! hoe dee doe!"

DMC
06-20-2011, 07:14 PM
What has 6 legs and says "hoe dee doe! hoe dee doe!"
The moteesuh tribe?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-20-2011, 07:18 PM
The moteesuh tribe?
3 black guys running for an elevator

frodo
06-20-2011, 07:31 PM
using the elevator comes with risks imho, you might get stuck in there and it really be awful experience to stay a couple hours in such a metal box. stairs are definitely my 1st choice when its within 5 floors, there just be some racists who don not want us niggas to use stairs tbh.

plus the air in an elevator can be really bad tbh, if you want to get a flu just spend a couple minutes in an elevator taking a few deep breaths

Nathan Explosion
06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
happens at my office everyday... After they've driven to the whataburger at the end of the parking lot and then come back and proceed to bitch about not being able to lose weight... but not only black people, lol

You bring up another thing that annoys the hell out of me. I hate when I have my kids in the car and pull into a drive thru just to see a huge line. As I decide to go somewhere else, I see a line of cars 5-10 deep of people ALONE! Hey lazy asses, if you're by yourself, get out of the fucking car and go inside.

If there's a line of cars 3 deep, I'll get off and go inside when I'm by myself. But it's not worth it to get out, get my 2 and 4 year old out, go inside for 5 minutes and then get back in.

But if you're by yourself, just get out of the damn car. When I do it, 75% of the time, I'm in and out in less time than it would take going through the drive through, and 23% of the time it's the same amount of time, but I waste less gas.

As for the elevator, if I have my kids, I'll do the 1 floor thing (my daughter takes forever to go up stairs because she has to stop and look at EVERYTHING in the stair well). If I'm by myself, I'll take the stairs up to 3 floors (depending on how much of a hurry I'm in).

Nathan Explosion
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building and have been lately using the elevator more often to get to my room. It usually depends on which side of the building I enter in. If it's one of the 2 middle entrances, I usually take the elevator because both stairwells are at the ends of the building and my room is closer to the middle of the hall, requiring significant extra walking. Then, the two side entrances offer different scenarios. If I am approaching the side that requires 1.5 flights of stairs to get to my floor, I take the stairs. If it's the opposite side, it requires 2.5 flights and there's a 50% chance I take the stairs. Another important thing to consider: there are 2 elevators and both are fast in both vertical movement and door shutting/closing quickness. Doors respond immediately to the close doors button.

TBH I think my tactics are rather reasonable. What are your guys opinions?

I live on the third floor of my apartment building and don't have an elevator. I walk up and down every time, and don't even mention when I have groceries (like 6 bags or more).

If you're in the middle, the elevator's fine. But if it were me and I was at the ends, I'd just use the stairs unless I had groceries, then I'd be more inclined to use the elevator because I could put them down while in motion.

clambake
06-20-2011, 07:57 PM
what if you were trapped in an elevator........with a black surgeon?

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2011, 10:28 PM
You bring up another thing that annoys the hell out of me. I hate when I have my kids in the car and pull into a drive thru just to see a huge line. As I decide to go somewhere else, I see a line of cars 5-10 deep of people ALONE! Hey lazy asses, if you're by yourself, get out of the fucking car and go inside.

If there's a line of cars 3 deep, I'll get off and go inside when I'm by myself. But it's not worth it to get out, get my 2 and 4 year old out, go inside for 5 minutes and then get back in.

But if you're by yourself, just get out of the damn car. When I do it, 75% of the time, I'm in and out in less time than it would take going through the drive through, and 23% of the time it's the same amount of time, but I waste less gas.

As for the elevator, if I have my kids, I'll do the 1 floor thing (my daughter takes forever to go up stairs because she has to stop and look at EVERYTHING in the stair well). If I'm by myself, I'll take the stairs up to 3 floors (depending on how much of a hurry I'm in).

I think this is an unreasonable/exaggerated concern.

koriwhat
06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
dude's racist... no if, ands, or buts about it. most of yall here at ST are too.

symple19
06-20-2011, 10:35 PM
dude's racist... no if, ands, or buts about it. most of yall here at ST are too.

Does Big K.R.I.T. ride elevators?

san antonio spurs
06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Some are more racist than others. But Lefty might be hardly a racist (although most people from Algeria have racial bias against black people) he's just always trying to fit in here. He saw threads made about black people the last few days and thought he might do so...

CubanSucks
06-21-2011, 12:07 AM

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/you_must_be_new.jpg?w=311&h=311

DMX7
06-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah, there's nothing racist about this thread. You and "Asians in the UCLA Library" girl should hook up.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2011, 02:27 AM
you know they get scared when ur jumping or bouncing inside the lifts hahahah....

or how about when they dont allow the door to close and stand there talkin to their entourage whose not walking away from the lifts, fkn piss me off....

desflood
06-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Again, not apologizing for doing this. It's 100 fucking degrees outside. I ain't getting out for shit, even if it does only take 5 seconds to run across the parking lot to the door. Sorry buddy, you and the kids will have to wait the extra 10 minutes in the air conditioning :lol

DMC
06-21-2011, 08:55 AM

I've learned over the years that those who talk about these things are less apt to make race based decisions than those who do not. Racists feel they are better than others because of their race. Most here just comment on the differences and most of that is just to pass time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Again, not apologizing for doing this. It's 100 fucking degrees outside. I ain't getting out for shit, even if it does only take 5 seconds to run across the parking lot to the door. Sorry buddy, you and the kids will have to wait the extra 10 minutes in the air conditioning :lol
Yeah him complaining about that is the dumbest shit ever. It's not like drive thrus were built specifically for people with kids, they were built so you don't have to get out of your car/turn the AC off/etc.

lefty
06-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Ok it happened again this morning

Only black people

I'm not lying :lmao

CuckingFunt
06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
I've learned over the years that those who talk about these things are less apt to make race based decisions than those who do not. Racists feel they are better than others because of their race. Most here just comment on the differences and most of that is just to pass time.

Oh please. Let's not pretend that this thread, or the countless others like it that have become so popular recently, are part of any thoughtful discussion of cultural difference.

florige
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
You don't like scary movies, though either.

And :lol at the "no racist" comment. Come one. It is what it is.

Certain types of scary movies that involve spirits/ghost I cannot watch. I am cool with every other type though.

I actually am not opposed to getting stuck in an elevator as long as isn't for many many hours, in fact I might want to experience it some time. Just as long as I'm not stuck on the 20th floor or so, that shit would be terrifying.

Maybe if I were stuck there with a hot girl, or a girl I was interested in then maybe. But even then I would probably be so terrified I wouldn't be able to even think about that part of it. If I were stuck in one 20 or so floors up I would probably pass out even if I were stuck in one with Kim or Kourtney Kardashian.

CuckingFunt
06-21-2011, 09:12 AM

I very seldom eat fast food, but when I do it's specifically because the drive-thru is the most convenient option at that time. Getting out of the car would, for me, completely defeat the purpose of a fast food restaurant.

desflood
06-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah him complaining about that is the dumbest shit ever. It's not like drive thrus were built specifically for people with kids, they were built so you don't have to get out of your car/turn the AC off/etc.
It's not as though I can't see his complaint - it wasn't so long ago that my kids were that young, and those little monsters do get loud and impatient when they're hungry. I just don't like other peoples' kids enough to give them my spot in the drive-through.

jag
06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh please. Let's not pretend that this thread, or the countless others like it that have become so popular recently, are part of any thoughtful discussion of cultural difference.

Pretending to ignore the various differences between races and cultures doesn't make someone more "tolerant".

CuckingFunt
06-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Pretending to ignore the various differences between races and cultures doesn't make someone more "tolerant".

No. It doesn't. And I've never once advocated colorblindness. But this thread is, again, not meant as an attempt at thoughtful dialog about cultural difference. On any level. This thread is one person attributing their observations to an entire race, calling it difference, and then ridiculing that perceived difference.

mrsmaalox
06-21-2011, 10:39 AM
If I were stuck in one 20 or so floors up I would probably pass out even if I were stuck in one with Kim or Kourtney Kardashian.

Pretty fucking terrifying imho.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Drive Thrus were made for convenience. But when everyone does it, it defeats the purpose of FAST and convenient. Plus the gas that's being wasted means you'll have to get out of your car and stand in the heat even longer when you're gassing up.

Getting out actually doesn't defeat the purpose when everyone is in the drive thru. You'll actually be in and out FASTER, which is the whole point of FAST food. Everyone being in their car alone in a drive thru is a microcosm of what's wrong with society today, that everyone only thinks about themselves. Like I said, if I'm by myself, I get out if there's more than than 2 cars because it's faster, and it's 1 car less for the family that shows up later.

And finally, you all do know that restaurants are air conditioned too, right?

CuckingFunt
06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Drive Thrus were made for convenience. But when everyone does it, it defeats the purpose of FAST and convenient. Plus the gas that's being wasted means you'll have to get out of your car and stand in the heat even longer when you're gassing up.

Getting out actually doesn't defeat the purpose when everyone is in the drive thru. You'll actually be in and out FASTER, which is the whole point of FAST food. Everyone being in their car alone in a drive thru is a microcosm of what's wrong with society today, that everyone only thinks about themselves. Like I said, if I'm by myself, I get out if there's more than than 2 cars because it's faster, and it's 1 car less for the family that shows up later.

You leave your car running when you go through the drive-thru?

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
You leave your car running when you go through the drive-thru?

Before you start trolling me, try reading my posts again about when I actually go through drive thrus. Nice try though.

And in keeping with the racist theme, I hate when you're in the car about the back up or move in a parking lot and people just walk in front of you without looking at you and have that look of entitlement on their face like "You better stop for me".

And yes, a majority of the time it is a black women doing it.

Ooh, racism and sexism. A two-fer.

CubanSucks
06-21-2011, 02:43 PM

lol a parent complaining cause they can't get their kids fast food fast enough. How's about being a better parent and getting the kids more nutritious food instead of lecturing others?

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
lol a parent complaining cause they can't get their kids fast food fast enough. How's about being a better parent and getting the kids more nutritious food instead of lecturing others?

Right, because you know all about how I feed my kids. I actually cook for my kids more than fast food, but there are times when I'm tired (I do work a 40 hour job in addition to raising kids by myself) or just don't have time (again, when you're working as long as I am and raising kids by yourself, time is a luxury).

I didn't say I do this every day, but rather, when I do go, this is an observation.

Again, nice try at trolling, but you really just look uninformed.

And stop trying to act like you NEVER go through a drive thru. I love it when people complain about the 1 time a week I do it, when they act like they NEVER go through drive thrus. Plus, you can avoid fries and get apples, get apple juice and fruit snacks for dessert. There are options for kids that are actually better than the options for adults.

mrsmaalox
06-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Ha, I think Nathan could use a little less caffeine ;)

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
and how could someone not leave their car running in the drive thru?

i'm pretty sure stopping and restarting your car would take more gas

It actually depends on the amount of time you spend in a drive thru. A local station once did a story on the time spend on drive thrus. During lunch time, the average wait was 13 minutes or more. If you're car is running the whole time, then yes, you waste more gas running the car. But I'd imagine if you had 3 cars in front of you and are in and out in 5 minutes, you'd waste more time starting and turning off the car when it was time to move.

CubanSucks
06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Right, because you know all about how I feed my kids. I actually cook for my kids more than fast food, but there are times when I'm tired (I do work a 40 hour job in addition to raising kids by myself) or just don't have time (again, when you're working as long as I am and raising kids by yourself, time is a luxury).

I didn't say I do this every day, but rather, when I do go, this is an observation.

Again, nice try at trolling, but you really just look uninformed.

And stop trying to act like you NEVER go through a drive thru. I love it when people complain about the 1 time a week I do it, when they act like they NEVER go through drive thrus. Plus, you can avoid fries and get apples, get apple juice and fruit snacks for dessert. There are options for kids that are actually better than the options for adults.

How did I act like I never go through a drive thru? I eat fast food all the time and 90% with the drive thru. It just never crossed my mind to look at the other cars in front of me to see how many people are in them

CubanSucks
06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I've honestly never spent more than 10 min in a drive thru

John Basedow
06-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Not a big fan of fast food, but once or twice a month I crave Taco Bell and am willing to wait as long as it takes in the drive thru line.