PDA

View Full Version : Beauty contest bimbos: 49/51 ...

boutons_deux
06-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Newly Crowned Miss USA Was One Of Only Two Contestants Who Believe In Evolution

She and Massachusetts’ Alida D’Angona were the only two out of 51 contestants to “unequivocally support” evolution:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/20/248482/miss-usa-believes-evolution/

====

I guess they were stage managed into "ignorant is prettier".

TeyshaBlue
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Relevance factor: .00000135

boutons_deux
06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
just more proof that these anti-science, anti-rational evangelical "Christian" assholes are having an influence on the sheeple.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
just more proof that these anti-science, anti-rational evangelical "Christian" assholes are having an influence on the sheeple.

For that to be true, one would have to accept beauty pageant contestants as being representative of the population as a whole.

Blake
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM

I think it's more proof that they are more into looks that deep philosophical and political issues.

Miss Alabama, an education major, iirc, talked about how kids need to learn for theirselves.

DarrinS
06-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Or that beauty pageant contestants aren't very smart. This was a ground-breaking article. Thanks for posting.

ElNono
06-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Now they're just baiting them to see if any would say something stupid again...

DMX7
06-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Now they're just baiting them to see if any would say something stupid again...

That's exactly what they're doing.

Since when do we need to know what these bimbos' thoughts on evolution are? I'd be both impressed and surprised if they could even find America on a map.

The whole purpose is to gin up some controversy to make these archaic and irrelevant beauty pageants newsworthy.