PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson is a Quitter

DMC
06-20-2011, 05:07 PM
The guy is perfectly happy riding that baby high chair as long as rings are showing up, but have a rough go round and he bails (again).

Maybe if Miami wins 3 games in the Finals next year, Jackson will show up there to coach.

He must be Kobe's real daddy.

JamStone
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Huh?

He said it was going to be his last year before the season started, after winning two titles in a row.

Donkeybong
06-20-2011, 05:28 PM
he signed on to the lakers when they had kwame brown as starting center. please stfu.

ducks
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
actually if the manager of the malins was not forced out
he was a QUITTER

ducks
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
he signed on to the lakers when they had kwame brown as starting center. please stfu.

if there was no kobe he would not have signed on

Donkeybong
06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
if there was no kobe he would not have signed on

i agree, having kobe on your team always puts your team in contention for a championship. :toast

DMC
06-20-2011, 06:13 PM
He's a front running quitter. He would be right at home on this NBA forum.

duhoh
06-20-2011, 06:17 PM
mad.

frodo
06-20-2011, 06:47 PM
he should stay for one more year seriously, it ain't a good time to retire when his team had just got swept. he really looked a quitter in such situation when he actually wasn't

Koolaid_Man
06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
The guy is perfectly happy riding that baby high chair as long as rings are showing up, but have a rough go round and he bails (again).

Maybe if Miami wins 3 games in the Finals next year, Jackson will show up there to coach.

and you slurp....big deal....

Def Rowe
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
His knees are fucked.. and he's an old man now. Ain't got nothing left to prove anyway.

DazedAndConfused
06-20-2011, 11:43 PM
First of all, OP is a moron.

However, I do agree that Phil did not give his last season his all. There's no doubt he wanted to win, but he didn't want to fight and that made all the difference. The Lakers took on this same mentality and got thrashed by a team that was simply hungrier than they were.

It will be interesting to watch the Lakers next season and see if they take on Mike Brown's personality or tune him out after a few months. Phil instilled a lot of bad habits in this team that are going to be very hard to break.

Venti Quattro
06-21-2011, 12:24 AM
He's already a tired old shitbag

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2011, 02:43 AM
just wait if the lakers trade for howard, he come knocking for another few rings...

pass1st
06-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Phil Jackson is 65, he really isn't healthy enough to put up with coaching anymore. That seriously has to be one of the most stressful jobs out there, especially if you're coaching a team like the Heat or Magic.

cheguevara
06-21-2011, 12:33 PM
you replace Kobe with a 40 year old Jordan and Jackson signs a 3 year extension on the spot

:lmao

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't call Phil a quitter. He wanted to retire, mainly for health and longevity in 2010. However, two reasons kept him aboard:

1) The chance to 3peat a 4th time.
2) He didn't want to end his career with an unlucky 13 rings (2 as a player). He stated that when he came back to the Lakers.

If he had won in 2011, chances are that would be a true last stand. However, if you have a look at reason 2 above, he may coach again after a year break. First, the pressure to 3peat is off, the "every time after a back-to-back championship" thing is broken. Now, the Knicks may get CP3 by 2012-13, and if the Heat don't win in 2012, I can see both the Knicks and the Heat throwing a shitload of money Phil's way to come try and give them a title. The cash and a chance to win with his old team the Knicks, and a shot to coach LeBron to a title are going to be awfully tempting. I can see him trying one more season, but that's it.

BRHornet45
06-21-2011, 01:43 PM
most overrated coach in the history of all sports at all levels. lets see Phil go over to the Clippers or the T-Wolves and do something. he would be fired after 3 years or hell may even quit after the first year or two. it must be nice to have Michael Jordan, Shaq, and other outstanding role players carry your overrated, Scientology nut-hugging, white ass your entire career.

DMX7
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
most overrated coach in the history of all sports at all levels. lets see Phil go over to the Clippers or the T-Wolves and do something. he would be fired after 3 years. it must be nice to have Michael Jordan, Shaq, and other outstanding role players carry your overrated, Scientology nut-hugging, white ass your entire career.

Son, nobody wins titles with worthless bitchass players. However, not every body wins titles with great players. Philip delivered the goods, period.

dunkman
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
True is also that he has much more rings as coach than MJ, Pippen, Shaq or Kobe as players. Only Shaq has won a ring without him, and that wasn't as Heat's best player.

The triangle offense he used provided good % field goald attempts, then his teams defended well and excelled in the clutch.

Bill_Brasky
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
If quitting gets you 11 rings, then I quit.

DMC
06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
He's a frontrunner.

DMC
06-21-2011, 06:14 PM
and you slurp....big deal....
You are the wigger zen master, because you are a quitter too, you welching faggot.

I. Hustle
06-21-2011, 06:24 PM
most overrated coach in the history of all sports at all levels. lets see Phil go over to the Clippers or the T-Wolves and do something. he would be fired after 3 years or hell may even quit after the first year or two. it must be nice to have Michael Jordan, Shaq, and other outstanding role players carry your overrated, Scientology nut-hugging, white ass your entire career.

GB20
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Huh?

He said it was going to be his last year before the season started, after winning two titles in a row.
i bet you if the Miami Heat offers him the coaching job, he will take it.

dunkman
06-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Horry contributed significantly the outcome of most of his championships. He wasn't the best player of any of this teams but those teams probably wouldn't won 7 championships without him, perhaps 3 or 4.

He wouldn't break the record for playoffs games played, if he wasn't good enough to play for that teams. Horry also holds the record for most 3's in the finals.

Horry was drafted by the Rockets, he was traded later. He threw a towel at the Suns coach and he ended being traded to the Lakers. It's normal for contending teams to sign role players with championship experience. The only time in his career he picked to play for a team was when he signed as FA with the Spurs, but actually he wanted to be a Laker, however they didn't call him.

Phil Jax has won championships with 3 completely different teams (MJ/Pippen Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers and Kobe/Gasol Lakers). 3 three-peats and 1 back-to-back, show how dominante were those teams. And it's clear Phil was a big reason for that success.

When Phil joined the Bulls the Bad Boys Pistons dominated the Bulls. He picked the Lakers in 99, the team with the best talent in the league, however Shaq and Kobe Lakers were unsuccessful. After one season with them they won the championship, and another two times after that. He wanted to continue with the Lakers, but Kobe shipped him out. When Phil returned, the Lakers were not a contender team, however after some seasons they rapidly became NBA top in talent with trades, good draft picks and FA signings.

Phil Jax got very clearly out-coached when underdog teams upset the Lakers, like in '03 vs Pop (Phil mostly dominated, with superior talent though), '04 vs Brown (that humiliation is probably on Kobe, Phil later called him "uncoachable" in a book), '08 vs Doc Rivers (however Phil restored his prestige in '10 with a solid defense) and recently '11 vs Carlisle.

However, he still won more championships than those coaches and in very dominant fashion. His 11 championships as head coach will be very hard to break record and the count it's not over. 11 is much more than what MJ (6), Pippen (6), Shaq (4), Kobe (5) or Gasol (2) have.

DMC
06-21-2011, 07:53 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/t6a2wh.jpg

Kool Bob Love
12-08-2014, 08:35 PM

RD2191
12-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Fucking truth nuke.

baseline bum
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
i agree, having kobe on your team always puts your team in contention for a championship. :toast

Indeed son

Mikeanaro
12-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe in 2011 Lol.

DMC
12-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Sorry, I'm in LA right now, haven't kept up. What's up with Phil?