PDA

View Full Version : Man "Rebukes" Tornado w/ "Spoken Word Power" ZOMG!

Fpoonsie
06-21-2011, 01:15 AM
N1lyWjdsIKc

symple19
06-21-2011, 01:20 AM
That guy has the POWER!!!!

TE
06-21-2011, 01:20 AM
lucky guy

symple19
06-21-2011, 01:34 AM
really, this demonstrates how retarded hardcore christians are. The fact that the uploader is a christian group and is using this tragedy to further their beliefs is sickening. Stupid fucking bible beating morons.

symple19
06-21-2011, 01:35 AM
I guess the rest of the people who lost property worship the devil, right? /sarcasm

symple19
06-21-2011, 01:38 AM
lucky guy

and unlucky for everyone else that he didn't take a direct hit

It's common for tornadoes to rise and drop. But science isn't a strong point of the true believers, now is it?

Sisk
06-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Seems legit

Tinystarz
06-21-2011, 02:38 AM
I guess the rest of the people who lost property worship the devil, right? /sarcasm

I wish I knew how to do rebukes :depressed

TE
06-21-2011, 02:51 AM
and unlucky for everyone else that he didn't take a direct hit

It's common for tornadoes to rise and drop. But science isn't a strong point of the true believers, now is it?

No, it isn't.

benefactor
06-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Embarrassing. This is why I've stopped using "Christian" to describe my beliefs.

symple19
06-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Embarrassing. This is why I've stopped using "Christian" to describe my beliefs.

Bene, I'm not trying to put down regular people of the christian faith, or any faith, just the crazy ones who are obviously delusional.

Wanted to clarify

benefactor
06-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Bene, I'm not trying to put down regular people of the christian faith, or any faith, just the crazy ones who are obviously delusional.

Wanted to clarify
Yeah, I know...but the general rule for most people is that the extremists like this or the fundamentalists like angel_luv tend to represent the whole.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Speaking in tongues. smh

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Let this be a lesson to all: Jesus loves getting his props. Don't huddle in a basement to pray by yourself. Youtube that shit so that all may know his power and glory.

I. Hustle
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Lol Angel luv reference

RandomGuy
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
N1lyWjdsIKc

"Don't get my house!" (but all you other assholes in the footage of destroyed buildings shown immediately after can go fuck yourselves, because I am only using "the Word" to protect *my* house)

If the guy really does have "the power", he needs to be held accountable for not saving everybody else. What a douchebag.

Blake
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM

God is simply testing those Christians that lost property.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2011, 11:04 AM
God sure does test a lot. For being omnipotent he sure does lack self esteem.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Hmm, you may have discovered the true nature of the Almighty: God is an adjunct professor.

CuckingFunt
06-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Hmm, you may have discovered the true nature of the Almighty: God is an adjunct professor.

I was thinking teenager, but this works.

Blake
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM

True.

And for being omniscient he seems to not know at all what we are going to get on our tests

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM

But, if you follow Jesus Christ, then you are by definition a Christian, no matter what denomination you follow (catholic, protestant, evangelical, etc).

Don't let morons change you view in yourself. I'm of hispanic descent, and there are tons of idiot hispanics, but I don't deny what I am. I may be ashamed of our people at times, but I'm never ashamed of myself or association with them because of their idiocy.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
True.

And for being omniscient he seems to not know at all what we are going to get on our tests

It's called free will. We're allowed to think what we want to think and do what we want to do (ie believe in God and Jesus or not).

If you're going to call out God, then at least know the basic tenants of the belief in the Almighty.

And no, I'm not a believer in God or Jesus, but come on, know your shit.

Blake
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
It's called free will. We're allowed to think what we want to think and do what we want to do (ie believe in God and Jesus or not).

If you're going to call out God, then at least know the basic tenants of the belief in the Almighty.

I have no idea what your point is supposed to be.

Free will to choose heaven or hell given by a supposed loving, omniscient God is a horrible paradox in Christian theology.

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
So, I guess fuck all those other people's houses, right? That's what Jesus would do.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I have no idea what your point is supposed to be.

Free will to choose heaven or hell given by a supposed loving, omniscient God is a horrible paradox in Christian theology.

It's a simple, simple idea. Choose to follow Jesus and God and be saved, or don't choose to follow them and be damned. It's not a paradox but rather a simple test of faith.

Again, it's not what I believe in, but it's not that hard to understand. People want to poke holes in it all they want and make it out to be this contradiction that proves that God doesn't exist, but really, all you're doing is exercising our free will as God supposedly intended it to be.

Again, know your shit if you're going to try and talk shit. Basic principle. If there is a God and he were to cast me to hell for not believing, I know that I went to hell for exercising my free will to think for myself. Fucked up I know, but hey, it's the path I chose. I'd rather choose than it be predetermined. Now that's fucked up, because it would mean that God predetermined your life to be fucked up if it is. Now THAT'S a paradox.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
So, I guess fuck all those other people's houses, right? That's what Jesus would do.

They didn't choose to place their faith in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. :lol

It's all just stupid shit. If God does exist, I don't think that he has anything to do with our day to day lives. Being an omniscient, omnipresent being and actually doing something about it are two different things.

But really, this is just mother nature doing her thing and letting us all know that only "she" decides who get spared and who gets bitch slapped, and there's no real rhyme or reason as to why "she" decides what she decides especially when it comes to tornadoes.

Science can answer many things, but when it comes to weather, it's almost a crap shoot as to what we know what's going to happen at times.

Sisk
06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
It's a simple, simple idea.

bGF74I57F6A

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 07:01 PM
By the way, I don't think it's funny that homes got destroyed. I think it's funny that you're belief in God and Jesus saved you. I'm of the opinion that God, if he exists, doesn't mingle in our day to day lives, but rather is a grand scheme of things type of God. What we do from day to day is random chance mixed with the consequences of our decisions, no outside interference needed.

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 07:03 PM
It's a simple, simple idea. Choose to follow Jesus and God and be saved, or don't choose to follow them and be damned. It's not a paradox but rather a simple test of faith.

Again, it's not what I believe in, but it's not that hard to understand. People want to poke holes in it all they want and make it out to be this contradiction that proves that God doesn't exist, but really, all you're doing is exercising our free will as God supposedly intended it to be.

Again, know your shit if you're going to try and talk shit. Basic principle. If there is a God and he were to cast me to hell for not believing, I know that I went to hell for exercising my free will to think for myself. Fucked up I know, but hey, it's the path I chose. I'd rather choose than it be predetermined. Now that's fucked up, because it would mean that God predetermined your life to be fucked up if it is. Now THAT'S a paradox.

The paradox is, what happens to the good person who lives a life that conforms or emulates the tenets/doctrines of Christianity, but is not a Christian and does not believe in God?

What happens to the person who is good because they believe it is right to be so and not from fear of punishment, or promise of reward in the afterlife?

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 07:16 PM
The paradox is, what happens to the good person who lives a life that conforms or emulates the tenets/doctrines of Christianity, but is not a Christian and does not believe in God?

What happens to the person who is good because they believe it is right to be so and not from fear of punishment, or promise of reward in the afterlife?

Again, not a paradox. God rewards faith. What happens to a good person who chooses not to believe in the one entity that is supposed to save them? Well, they chose to ignore that entity and suffer the consequences. God is a jealous god. Read the First Commandment. The Adam and Eve story was one of free will. It's all in Genesis.

Or read John 3:16, only one of the most famous bible verses. You have to believe to be saved. Hey, I know this. I choose not to believe, and I'm a damn good person. And if judgment day comes and I get cast into hell, then so be it. It was my choice.

But then again, I don't believe in being good to get rewarded (don't even believe in an after life really), I believe in being good for the sake of being good. I also believe that if God does exists, and his spirit is one of being a benevolent god, then he'd reward those who were good. But again, that's not what we're discussing and an issue for a separate discussion altogether (I believe in the chance of God existing, but I also believe that the scriptures were not his word or the word of Jesus. I believe in the spirit of the teachings, be a good person to yourself and others, is what would earn you salvation if God existed, and not the literal translation of the bible).

Again, the paradox is not that God lets you choose what kind of person you want to be and what type of life you lead, but rather, some people believe in predetermination, that God already decides what your life is and where you're going no matter what you do. God has a plan. Fuck that.

If God was omni-benevolent and determined that I was destined to have a fucked up life, then that is fucked up and a paradox.

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Then why not just live your life however you wish. Ignoring all of Christianity's principles and doctrines. Living an "evil" life as defined by Christianity, but all the while having faith and belief in God? I guess you are in the clear because you believe?

Sounds like a paradox to me.

DMC
06-21-2011, 08:54 PM
He faked glossolalia (they all do). He has to have someone translate, and he has to have someone who understands.

People so misunderstand basic things.

DMC
06-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Again, not a paradox. God rewards faith. What happens to a good person who chooses not to believe in the one entity that is supposed to save them? Well, they chose to ignore that entity and suffer the consequences. God is a jealous god. Read the First Commandment. The Adam and Eve story was one of free will. It's all in Genesis.

God fucked Job over by betting with Satan that Satan could fuck Job up and God wouldn't do shit about it, and Job would continue to be a loyal servant. That's not a reward. There are people who cut kids into bite sized pieces and let the parents know about it in court. These same guys pray on Death Row and they are now bound for Heaven.

Faith is not rewarded unless you are cherry picking the good results and ignoring the bad ones.

Or read John 3:16, only one of the most famous bible verses. You have to believe to be saved. Hey, I know this. I choose not to believe, and I'm a damn good person. And if judgment day comes and I get cast into hell, then so be it. It was my choice.

But then again, I don't believe in being good to get rewarded (don't even believe in an after life really), I believe in being good for the sake of being good. I also believe that if God does exists, and his spirit is one of being a benevolent god, then he'd reward those who were good. But again, that's not what we're discussing and an issue for a separate discussion altogether (I believe in the chance of God existing, but I also believe that the scriptures were not his word or the word of Jesus. I believe in the spirit of the teachings, be a good person to yourself and others, is what would earn you salvation if God existed, and not the literal translation of the bible).

Again, the paradox is not that God lets you choose what kind of person you want to be and what type of life you lead, but rather, some people believe in predetermination, that God already decides what your life is and where you're going no matter what you do. God has a plan. Fuck that.

If God was omni-benevolent and determined that I was destined to have a fucked up life, then that is fucked up and a paradox.

God cannot help but know. He knows all. It's a paradox to say God is all knowing but didn't know you were going to do what you did and decide what you decided.

DMC
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM

You will burn in Hell. There is only one way to the Father and that is through the Son. That's what they say.

DMC
06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
By the way, I don't think it's funny that homes got destroyed. I think it's funny that you're belief in God and Jesus saved you. I'm of the opinion that God, if he exists, doesn't mingle in our day to day lives, but rather is a grand scheme of things type of God. What we do from day to day is random chance mixed with the consequences of our decisions, no outside interference needed.
So God could simply not exist and things would be the same?

Why suppose a god?

DMC
06-21-2011, 09:04 PM

If you're going to call out God, then at least know thIe basic tenants of the belief in the Almighty.

We are not. If it were free will, there would be no dire consequences for the choice to not believe.

Belief isn't a choice. You can no sooner choose to believe in a god than you can choose to believe the Sun doesn't exist. Try doing that, let me know when you are convinced the Sun doesn't exist. I mean, you are free to choose, right?

Fpoonsie
06-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Thank you, biased god.

symple19
06-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Thank you, biased god.

:lmao

Blake
06-22-2011, 08:24 AM

you are starting to get it.

RandomGuy
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
They didn't choose to place their faith in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. :lol

It's all just stupid shit. If God does exist, I don't think that he has anything to do with our day to day lives. Being an omniscient, omnipresent being and actually doing something about it are two different things.

But really, this is just mother nature doing her thing and letting us all know that only "she" decides who get spared and who gets bitch slapped, and there's no real rhyme or reason as to why "she" decides what she decides especially when it comes to tornadoes.

Science can answer many things, but when it comes to weather, it's almost a crap shoot as to what we know what's going to happen at times.

So a universe with God is indistinguishable from a universe without God?

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Seems pretty unequivocal to me.

If you pray and believe then God will answer that prayer. It doesn't leave much wiggle room.

What then happens when you pray and don't get what you ask for?

"God just didn't feel like it." "It's not part of God's plan."

Another paradox, or probably better stated, a broken promise.