PDA

View Full Version : Want to Play Doctor???

gophergeorge
06-11-2005, 08:47 AM
I went to WEB MD, but no luck....

Something bit my hand yesterday as I was pulling a weed from the front bed... no swelling, but it felt like my finger was broken. The joint is still
stiff, but again, no swelling.

Any ideas?

Dr.Phil
06-11-2005, 10:27 AM
What you must ask yourself GopherGeorge is "Did something really bite me or is my arachnophobia getting the better of me?"

Admitting your fear does not make you a lesser man.

Vashner
06-11-2005, 10:45 AM
lol Mosquito or Fireant?

Useruser666
06-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Was the weed a stinging nettle or some other type of plant that may have caused it?

Mark in Austin
06-11-2005, 11:06 AM
what does the wound look like? In how many places was the skin broken? Is there any discoloration? Have you every had a similar reaction before?

CrazyOne
06-11-2005, 06:38 PM
We've got a nasty weed at the church... I'm sure somebody can tell me what it is from the description... it grows on a vine, has numerous dagger-shaped leaves with serrated edges, and if you look closely, it looks like it has a fine layer of hair on it. Those little hairs are like tiny hypos, you touch it and it feels like fire ant bites.

Does that plant sound familiar?

OnlyOneGinobili
06-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I'd say spider, but I dont know shait.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2005, 06:43 PM
gopher,

You're military (err, ex), head to the nearest clinic. Sounds like you could have gotten nailed by a black widow.

GoldToe
06-11-2005, 06:43 PM
We've got a nasty weed at the church... I'm sure somebody can tell me what it is from the description... it grows on a vine, has numerous dagger-shaped leaves with serrated edges, and if you look closely, it looks like it has a fine layer of hair on it. Those little hairs are like tiny hypos, you touch it and it feels like fire ant bites.

Does that plant sound familiar?

http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/budsmokeranimation.gif

Yes it does.