06-21-2011, 01:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3c7m669

Which leaves us with

C Marcus Camby
PF Tim Duncan
SF Gerald Wallace
SG Manu Ginobili
PG Devin Harris

That would leave us with a well rounded team with good Size and length, offense and defense, and our rebounding should improve to.

tdunk21
06-21-2011, 01:59 AM
why would blazers trade away wallace?

Russo21
06-21-2011, 02:15 AM
To get an all star PG who is young and fast to replace the old slow and fat Andre Miller

Ditty
06-21-2011, 02:32 AM
I don't see this happening at all but I'll give you my take,I guess:

From what it looks like it seems that Utah is trying to rebuild, taking RJ would be dumb of them, when they can get Kirlenko back, and know what he brings and Blair would be a nice replacement if Milsap is shipped out, and younger and better contract. Fernandez is okay, but Milsap, or even possilby Jefferson would have to involved. I have a feeling the Jazz are going to get Knight and Singleton so unless they think RJ is going to help then I doubt it.

I kinda like what the Spurs but I think the Spurs would be making the Blazers a little happy by taking Andre Miller, and maybe sending Harris to Por. Camby is overrated, but any size can help, and Gerald Wallace would be the best part, but not worth losing Parker.

Portland does get what they need, but would have alot of confidence in Greg Oden coming back, and Luke Babbit contributing next year because they would lose size, unless they could use Andre Miller if he isn't used in this trade to get a big man.

Could happen but RJ pretty much kills anything unless the Spurs take a shitty contract or 2 from another team

ajballer4
06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I dont understand why would we lose 15 wins

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I dont understand why would we lose 15 wins

Tony Parker.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I love it, but I don't think we'd get the other two teams on board. The Blazers have to decide if they think Roy or Oden will ever get back to healthy and productive. At this point I'd have more faith in Roy than Oden. At worst that trade leaves Aldrigde all by himself up front and leaves Roy and Parker trying to share the backcourt, which is a gamble.

Seems the most unlikely part is that a rebuilding team like the Jazz would take on RJ's contract. Blair's usefulness to them hinges on whether or not they can move Millsap.

elemento
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
The Jazz will not take Richard Jefferson. They are rebuilding and they are going to develop their young core Hayward/Favors/3rd pick. Blair does not make sense for them because he is a poor version of Millsap and they have 3 PFs.

The Blazers will not move Camby unless another C is going to Portland. They cannot be left with Oden as the only C in the roster.

cantthinkofanything
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
To get an all star PG who is young and fast to replace the old slow and fat Andre Miller

Wait...where do they get the young fast point guard? That'd be cool if the Spurs could get one of those.

CGD
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I like your trade. I think Portland does it without much hesitation if it means FINALLY getting their all-star PG. If Batum is supposed to be your golden child, doesn't Wallace being there cut into his minutes significantly? Plus they have Matthews and glassman Roy at SG to balance losing Rudy.

You also address getting a decent PG back in a TP trade, which a lot of folks around here are missing. Camby is a great expiring contact (still boggles the mind that he's being paid 12.8M next year), and you also free up $$ from RJ's deal.

Only two issue I see:

(1) it's a lot of RJ years Utah is committing to. Still, you've added enough undervalued talent (Blair & Rudy) to go along with it. If Utah moves Milsap as rumored, Blair would help alleviate some of the rebounding they'd lose. That's good aggregate talent for roughly $10M.

(2) Utah will need to do another trade to get another PG (not sure what Ronny Price gives them). But presumably they're eying that in any trade involving Milsap.