PDA

View Full Version : No one in a hurry to help the Lakers

Riddler
06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Lakers media incorrectly reporting that teams calling Lakers about Pau Gasol. It's the other way around. No one in big hurry to help LA. about 41 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/statuses/83166564869873664)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1Pv7eUGuj

Lakers stuck with same roster next season?

tlongII
06-21-2011, 10:29 AM
It's a pretty good roster, tbh. They were playing the best basketball in the league until their late season slump.

DAF86
06-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Parker for Pau?

DAF86
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
If the Spurs don't mind messing up their salary cap for the next 3 years then yes, that works. I'm Sure LA was thinking along the lines of more front court help since Odom, Gasol and Bynum are the only players worth mentioning at the power forward and center positions.

The OP says that LA wants to trade Gasol, trading Gasol while wanting to improve the front court doesn't make sense.

DAF86
06-21-2011, 10:43 AM
They can have Bonner.

DAF86
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Bonner for Gasol works fine.

While we're at it we could get rid of RJ too.

Nathan89
06-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Parker for Pau?

I'll take the second best pf in the game for parker.

Just pack the paint against the Lakers and let shitty parker,artest,and kobe take outside jumpers.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
While we're at it we could get rid of RJ too.

Worth a shot to see what he and Walton can do on the same team. Mobley and Francis had their best seasons together. I'm just saying, is all.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
06-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Teams shouldn't worry about not wanting to help the Lakers, they should worry about helping themselves. If getting Pau from LA gets them some ticket sales off Pau's reputation and hopefully return to solid play, then he's worth a risk if you want to contend. Besides, if he sucks, he becomes a tradeable expiring down the line and a lottery appearance or two along the way will set up for the future. Same goes with getting some of the other Lakers players. If Orlando feels they must trade Dwight, it's hard to top Odom and Bynum in return. Plus those contracts aren't all that long, team options exist on both players soon enough. They can be traded pretty easily if need be.

Now as far as wanting any other Lakers player in trade, I don't think any doors will be beaten down for them. Luke Walton? LOL

Nick Manning
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking, tbh. It's the Lakers...they get what they want. That's life.

pass1st
06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Lakers always find a way to get their hand in the cookie jar.

ezau
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
All the Lakers need are a couple of good shooters who don't command so much price. Last season, teams were packing the lane and challenging the Lakers to take outside shots. Other teams were also double-teaming whoever posts up for the Lakers because they know that the Lakers' outside shooting is unreliable. They'll be fine.

DMC
06-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Maybe not Howard, but how set is David Lee in his contract?

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2011, 09:54 PM
All the Lakers need are a couple of good shooters who don't command so much price. Last season, teams were packing the lane and challenging the Lakers to take outside shots. Other teams were also double-teaming whoever posts up for the Lakers because they know that the Lakers' outside shooting is unreliable. They'll be fine.

I appreciate all this fine analysis of the Lakers...now politely... fuck your favorite team...:lol

ezau
06-21-2011, 11:10 PM
I appreciate all this fine analysis of the Lakers...now politely... fuck your favorite team...:lol

We're already fucked even before the start of next season. :depressed