PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Predictions-time to man up.

RandomGuy
06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Two points for each prediction

Minus one point for each one that turns out wrong

Most points gets a six pack of good beer from RG in Jan 2013. Assuming we aren't all dead, of course.

Blake
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I predict that I will be able to post on this board all throughout 2012.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2011, 02:43 PM
I predict Nbadan will still be exaggerating the record of his 2005 predictions.

johnsmith
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
(not sure if that's actually Obama in that photo)

If it is, he must get his vertical from the white half of his family.

Blake
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Two points for each prediction

Minus one point for each one that turns out wrong

Most points gets a six pack of good beer from RG in Jan 2013. Assuming we aren't all dead, of course.

I might suggest more points be awarded for degree of difficulty.

TeyshaBlue
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I might suggest more points be awarded for degree of difficulty.

Agreed. Predicting a hurricane will hit a coastal town = .0125 points.

silverblk mystix
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I predict that Politics in the USA will continue to be business as usual.
That each party will continue to blame the nations problems on the other party.
That politicians will continue to work for the highest bidder and will continue to place their personal agendas before the good of the nation and of the people.
Rich will get richer and the poor will continue to get screwed.
That people will continue to be sucked into the "politics" game and continue to play along with the system that is meant to keep the haves..."haves"...and the have nots..."have nots"...

That citizens will continue to believe that their "votes" really count.
That anytime someone mentions how worthless our votes are...that someone will trot out the old..."if you don't vote-you have no right to complain" quote that only keeps people playing this rigged political game.

That innocent people will be harmed throughout the world in the name of god.
...and in the name of freedom, in the name of greed,corruption,etc...

That the USA will continue to blindly promote the agenda of Israel-no matter what it costs or who gets hurt.

That citizens will demand and cry for "change"...when all they really want is the status quo...that nothing will change until a true "revolution" and overthrow of this system is actually desired by the "have nots."

If any of these are wrong....I will grow wings and fly.

CosmicCowboy
06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm...

OK, I'll play.

Obama loses in 12 and it will be all about the economy.

Stagflation will set in, official unemployment will still hover around 10, real around 18.

No substantive deficit reduction agreement will be reached...interest rates will rise, consumer price index will rise, wages won't keep up with inflation. Housing prices will continue to fall across the country. Misery index will break all records.

Republicans will end up with some weird ticket like Romney/Bachman to keep the crazies in line.

Gitmo will still be open.

Oil will still be 100+ a barrel

Arab Spring will turn into Anarchy Summer as civil order fails in many parts of northern Africa. The artificial post colonial map will degenerate more into traditional tribal zones.

Boutons will still be batshit crazy.

baseline bum
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Some asshole gets elected president
The party of douchebags will control congress

Spurminator
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Rick Perry gets the GOP nomination with a minority or female VP candidate that we haven't even heard considered as a GOP Presidential candidate to this point.

Obama retains the Presidency by a slim margin, thanks in part to a conservative third party candidate siphoning votes away from Perry.

The emails of executives at a major financial institution will be hacked and released on Wikileaks.

Pandora will merge with XM/Sirius to offer user-generated playlists and original content across multiple platforms.

Maria Bello will win the Primetime Emmy for Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role in NBC's Prime Suspect, which will not be renewed for a second season.

The NFL will have a Super Bowl. The NBA will not have a Championship.

There will be at least one hurricane in the Gulf.

There will be no selective service.

Crookshanks
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Hmmmm...

OK, I'll play.

Stagflation will set in, official unemployment will still hover around 10, real around 18.

No substantive deficit reduction agreement will be reached...interest rates will rise, consumer price index will rise, wages won't keep up with inflation. Housing prices will continue to fall across the country. Misery index will break all records.

Republicans will end up with some weird ticket like Romney/Bachman to keep the crazies in line.

Arab Spring will turn into Anarchy Summer as civil order fails in many parts of northern Africa. The artificial post colonial map will degenerate more into traditional tribal zones.

That's toooo easy - you should lose points for that one! :lol :lol

ElNono
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
WC will vote for the red team
WC will argue that some people legally able to vote shouldn't be allowed to vote
WC will tell you statistics are meaningless at X point in time/blue pollster made them
WC will tell you statistics are significant at Y point in time/red pollster made them
WC will get bitter and remind us about libtard media bias
WC will make some patently absurd claim
WC will try to get out of said patently absurd claim by moving goalposts/invoking some technicality

:lol

Wild Cobra
06-21-2011, 09:45 PM
LOL...

You sure are infatuated with me.

WC will vote for the red teamI'll give you a 90% likely on that. Depends who the republican nominee is and who the 3rd party candidates are.

WC will argue that some people legally able to vote shouldn't be allowed to vote

Only those who are not actually net tax payers, but living off others hard earned money.

WC will tell you statistics are meaningless at X point in time/blue pollster made them
WC will tell you statistics are significant at Y point in time/red pollster made them
I will only maintain the concept that facts make statistics, but statistics don't make facts. I will temper that with if I feel the polling was biased or not also.

WC will get bitter and remind us about libtard media bias

I don't need to be bitter to remind people about libtards.

WC will make some patently absurd claim

Maybe to you. Start opening your mind.

WC will try to get out of said patently absurd claim by moving goalposts/invoking some technicality

If you say so.

I still can't believe how obsessed you've become of me. You should go see a shrink.

ElNono
06-21-2011, 10:03 PM
I just made a bunch of predictions. We'll see if I'm right or not. Not sure why you feel the need to respond, tbh. Where are your predictions?

Wild Cobra
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
I just made a bunch of predictions. We'll see if I'm right or not. Not sure why you feel the need to respond, tbh. Where are your predictions?
LOL...

I'm curious what you are so infatuated with me.

Why are they about me?

ElNono
06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
You're just too predictable, so I feel I get a better shot at winning this... I'll end up being right or wrong. We'll see.

Let's see your predictions.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2011, 10:33 PM
You're just too predictable, so I feel I get a better shot at winning this... I'll end up being right or wrong. We'll see.

I haven't been paying enough attention this early in the game. I have no prediction yet.

ElNono
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Fair enough.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Elnono wants answers.

Winehole23
06-22-2011, 02:43 AM
The NFL will have a Super Bowl. The NBA will not have a Championship.Ouch.

Nbadan
06-22-2011, 02:45 AM
haha...no Manny...

DMX7
06-22-2011, 07:51 AM
ElNono, WC has pretty much already conceded that all those things are going to happen. May as well end that part of the thread here.

ElNono
06-22-2011, 08:22 AM
ElNono, WC has pretty much already conceded that all those things are going to happen. May as well end that part of the thread here.

I'm certainly not expecting surprises with my picks. :lol

Blake
06-22-2011, 08:27 AM
haha...no Manny...

I don't see any 2012 predictions from you yet.

ElNono
06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't see any 2012 predictions from you yet.

http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2011/06/James-Verone.jpg

MannyIsGod
06-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Why would I make a prediction on anything this far out? To get some sort of props out of you, Dan? :lmao

I told you, I don't need Spurstalk to make me feel better. You guys have fun though. I predict it turns out that ElNono is the only one making sound predictions.

RandomGuy
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Why would I make a prediction on anything this far out? To get some sort of props out of you, Dan? :lmao

I told you, I don't need Spurstalk to make me feel better. You guys have fun though. I predict it turns out that ElNono is the only one making sound predictions.

I will predict that the Chinese property bubble will begin burst mid to late 2012. It will get ugly over there.

I wonder how that will affect the election here, as it will likely not be kind to our stock market as the companies with exposure to China will be rather soundly punished.

DarrinS
06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I predict that there STILL won't be 50 million climate refugees that the UN predicted would exist by 2010.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
06-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I predict Wild Cobra will finally come in for a check-up.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2011, 12:53 PM
You're a joke.

If you were my doctors replacement, you would know when I last went in.

You have my doctors name completely wrong, so who would believe anything you say?

I admit I did a double take from your initial post though. I believe you said Dr. Jensen, right? Well, that is a similar name to the doctor my daughter sees.

ElNono
06-22-2011, 01:39 PM
:lol You really thought that was your doctor or that he's a doctor at all?

CosmicCowboy
06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
You're a joke.

You have my doctors name completely wrong, so who would believe anything you say?

I admit I did a double take from your initial post though. I believe you said Dr. Jensen, right? Well, that is a similar name to the doctor my daughter sees.

He stalked your daughter on Google Earth...:p:

Blake
06-22-2011, 01:51 PM
You're a joke.

good lord

Wild Cobra
06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
:lol You really thought that was your doctor or that he's a doctor at all?
Oh no...

Not at all.

I did a double take because the name was close enough, and I have paid money to a doctor with a similar name as Jensen for my daughter. I had a momentary thought that somehow, someone hacked into my financial records or something.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
:lmao

TeyshaBlue
06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I had a momentary thought....

Well, that's an improvement.:lol

clambake
06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
basket case

DMX7
06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
You're a joke.

How the fuck did I miss this? :lmao

Wild Cobra
06-28-2011, 11:46 PM
How the fuck did I miss this? :lmao
Glad to provide some amusement.

DMX7
06-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Just for the record, most people's doctor (i.e., the person they go to regularly for routine medical checkups) isn't also there surgeon.

Wild Cobra
06-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Just for the record, most people's doctor (i.e., the person they go to regularly for routine medical checkups) isn't also there surgeon.
Maybe you should tell the Troll, that.

DMX7
06-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Maybe you should tell the Troll, that.

Well you seemed to go along with his premise.

Wild Cobra
06-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Well you seemed to go along with his premise.
Not at all. You assume wrong of what I said. When that fucktard first came with that troll name, I started a post to make that point. I never posted it because my instinct was to ignore the ass, but I often do what I know isn't best and responded later. The only time I ever went to a surgeon was when I had a vasectomy more than a decade ago.

DMX7
06-29-2011, 12:23 AM
The only time I ever went to a surgeon was when I had a vasectomy more than a decade ago.

:lmao

Wild Cobra
06-29-2011, 12:50 AM
What's so funny?

You sure crack up easy.

Are you losing it?

admiralsnackbar
06-29-2011, 04:11 AM
I often do what I know isn't best.
You? Poppycock, my good man!

RandomGuy
03-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Somebody will end up with RG's six pack, heh.

GSH
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM

I'm not going to bother with the rest of the thread. Baseline reached perfection on his first try.

Wild Cobra
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Somebody will end up with RG's six pack, heh.
But ElKnowitall's predictions about me don't count, since he is basing it on a solid consistency of my views.

ElNono
03-12-2012, 03:03 PM
:cry

Spurminator
03-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Not looking too good for me so far...

redzero
03-12-2012, 05:03 PM
You're a joke.

Nbadan
03-13-2012, 01:13 AM
This is what you get when amateurs attempt to make predictions.....

RandomGuy
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I predict that there STILL won't be 50 million climate refugees that the UN predicted would exist by 2010.

Asia climate disasters displace 42 million: ADB

http://news.yahoo.com/asia-climate-disasters-displace-42-million-adb-161354328.html

ADB = Asia Development Bank.

No data on Africa in the news. Given the size, the remainder wouldn't be hard to find, I would guess.

(Note: 50M is .7% of 7Bn)

Since they aren't Americans, US conservatives don't place much value on their misery or existence, it seems to me. Easy to ignore.

JoeChalupa
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I still say it will be an upset if Obama wins but I won't predict any outcome at this point. Way too early.

RandomGuy
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Hmmmm...

OK, I'll play.

Hmm Obama won, unemployment is down (official), no stagflation, oil has been less than $100 most of the year.

You got, aside from Boutons sanity projection,

No substantive deficit reduction

and

Gitmo will still be open

Arab spring is devolving, to be sure, but that didn't happen in 2012. That is a huge unknown even now.

RandomGuy
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
That politicians will continue to work for the highest bidder and will continue to place their personal agendas before the good of the nation and of the people.
That people will continue to be sucked into the "politics" game and continue to play along with the system that is meant to keep the haves..."haves"...and the have nots..."have nots"...

That anytime someone mentions how worthless our votes are...that someone will trot out the old..."if you don't vote-you have no right to complain" quote that only keeps people playing this rigged political game.

That the USA will continue to blindly promote the agenda of Israel-no matter what it costs or who gets hurt.

That citizens will demand and cry for "change"...when all they really want is the status quo...that nothing will change until a true "revolution" and overthrow of this system is actually desired by the "have nots."

More true than most would like.

I owe you the six pack.

silverblk mystix
04-09-2013, 01:01 PM
More true than most would like.

I owe you the six pack.

I'm not the kinda guy that would say -"told you so"...

but...

thanks.

Blake
04-10-2013, 09:05 AM

You're a joke.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

RandomGuy
11-28-2017, 03:56 PM

DING DING DING

Understatement of the century from 2011. Jeebus. you win.

RandomGuy
11-28-2017, 03:58 PM

Also good.