PDA

View Full Version : All I wanted was a ****ing burrito

RandomGuy
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
:soapbox:

So I go into Taco Cabana today, wanting my favorite lunch, a burrito ultimo.

Today is the day they have changed up the entire concept of the burrito so you can customize it.

Fuck.

It's a fucking five step process, with 2-6 options per step to get a god-damned burrito.

I do not go into a fast food place to write a 10 page thesis on what my burrito should be.

Make me a burrito, put some meat, beans rice and stuff in it, and that is good enough for me.

Chicken or beef, that is all the choice I care about.

/rant.

Not that I think anyone cares.

I. Hustle
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I care RG.... I care

El Chorizo
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
There are all types of options for stuffing a burrito my friend.

RandomGuy
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
NASTY

why don't you go to a real mexican restaurant dumbass

it will probably be faster and cheaper and definitely better

I didn't say I wanted mexican food.

I said I wanted a fast food burrito.

Big difference. :nope

CosmicCowboy
06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
And Taco Cabana breakfasts? They can't even fry eggs for Huevos Rancheros...Whoever heard of scrambled huevos rancheros?

JudynTX
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM

Today is the day they have changed up the entire concept of the burrito so you can customize it.

Fuck.

It's a fucking five step process, with 2-6 options per step to get a god-damned burrito.

I do not go into a fast food place to write a 10 page thesis on what my burrito should be.

Make me a burrito, put some meat, beans rice and stuff in it, and that is good enough for me.

/rant.

:lol Why didn't you go to Freebirds?

bus driver
06-21-2011, 04:53 PM

which do you prefer freebirds or chipotle?

I. Hustle
06-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Habaneros

Dex
06-21-2011, 04:55 PM

He's bound to love their expansive selection.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2011, 05:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uqBx13aymCE/TCl9EuAHAOI/AAAAAAAACbM/DGBKSww_w-I/s1600/Chipotle.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/equal_sign_Lady_Gagas_New_Dress-s300x300-91791.jpg

http://imprint.printmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/obs_20101027.png

http://www.thisisyourconscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tits-iphone.jpg

Agloco
06-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Fuck.

/rant.

If it's any consolation, I drove up to my local TC's about 3 weeks ago and was confronted with the same challenge for a Cabana bowl. :lol

I was already hungry when I drove up, and was about to gnaw my hand off as I exited.

RandomGuy
06-21-2011, 05:23 PM

Distance/time.

RandomGuy
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
He's bound to love their expansive selection.

I don't mind it when I go in expecting it. That's good.

But when I go into TC, I want "chicken or beef"? Bam! Order done!

Big P
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
1/10

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Chipotle burritos are 90% rice.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Chipotle burritos are 90% rice.

90% is quite the stretch, they make them pretty sexual at the one a block away from me. they are fucking awesome.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 07:08 PM
What about Cha Cho's. Mesquite beef fajita burrito, no sour cream. Done.

I know what you mean. If you're expecting options, then building it is not a big deal. But when you're expecting it to be a simple process and all of a sudden you need a scan tron just to figure out what you're fucking eating, then we have issues.

Were you by yourself? Should have gone inside instead of the drive thru. :)

thispego
06-21-2011, 07:15 PM
random guy, I feel bad for you that your favorite lunch is taco cabana burrito ultimo :depressed

ohmwrecker
06-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Do you have Chango's in San Antonio?

thispego
06-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Chipotle sucks major dick compared to freebirds. There really is no comparison, especially now that free birds has cilantro rice now

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Chipotle sucks major dick compared to freebirds. There really is no comparison, especially now that free birds has cilantro rice now

I've never been to Freebirds. I really should make the trek. I think there's one close to where I live. Yep, just checked, Huebner and I-10, just as I thought.

Summers
06-21-2011, 07:26 PM
And Taco Cabana breakfasts? They can't even fry eggs for Huevos Rancheros...Whoever heard of scrambled huevos rancheros?

Is that the dish they call "huevos mexicanos"?

4>0rings
06-21-2011, 10:40 PM
He wants a burrito, not fried chicken and grape kool aid.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2011, 10:51 PM
never heard of this freebirds place, probably not many if any in the NE/mid atlantic region...and i didn't really know about chipotle until a couple of years ago but goddamn i love that place.

lil'mo
06-21-2011, 11:12 PM
ooo i only go to places that have whole wheat tortillas and black bean options!

:rollin hemann collecting chodes

mrsmaalox
06-21-2011, 11:30 PM
you're probably thinking of enslaved mammal

:lmao Seriously, I'm crying here!

Spurtacus
06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm a cheap ass so I go to Taco Bell for my $1 burritos.

mrsmaalox
06-21-2011, 11:40 PM
I've never been to Freebirds because I thought it was more of a "wrap" place than a burrito place. And I can't stand wraps because I can't stand cold tortillas....so are the tortillas warm or cold?

ohmwrecker
06-22-2011, 12:31 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

and your skin tone is somewhere between soft eggshell and alabaster?

He wants a burrito, not fried chicken and grape kool aid.

Did you notice that it was capitalized with an apostrophe denoting possession? Also, not everyone is a racist. Sometimes a monkey is just a monkey. Idiots.

http://www.changos.com/

ohmwrecker
06-22-2011, 12:34 AM
I've never been to Freebirds because I thought it was more of a "wrap" place than a burrito place. And I can't stand wraps because I can't stand cold tortillas....so are the tortillas warm or cold?

Warm. They also have spinach and cayenne (my fav) flavored tortillas. It's pretty solid as far as fast burritos go. Better than Chipotle, imo.

baseline bum
06-22-2011, 01:10 AM
I didn't know you could get burritos at Taco Cabana. I have always associated them with California Mexican food.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 01:57 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Freebirds_World_Burrito.png

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 02:02 AM

I knew of one

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Well I had a freebirds burrito for the first time in quite a while to see if it's better than chipotle like everyone is saying here. I'm putting them at being neck and neck with freebirds getting a slight edge on account of wheat tortillas and offering combos(chips and drink). Tbh freebirds burritos are filled with about 70% rice. The rest, sans meat, is taken up by the billion other fillings they offer. Be it as it may, it appears to be the exact same amount of actual meat offered by both chipotle and freebirds. Now, that does change when you get burritos of bigger sizes, which chipotle doesn't offer. Oh and chipotle offers cilantro lime rice. Excuse me, has been offering cilantro lime rice. Freebirds does offer more options, which apparently sends people into a frenzy, and I like options. Freebirds chips are better than chipotle's but freebirds guacamole is outright disgusting. Chipotle definitely beats them in that department. It's a toss up for me.

But freebird's pot brownies ROCK! hands down.

lil'mo
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
freebirds has cilantro lime rice now. and they both use the same amount of rice. freebirds deal breaker is their shitload of fillings options. Guac? lol, who gives a shit. You cant even taste it when you've got your lettuce, habanero sauce, sour cream, cilantro, roasted garlic, choped jalapeno, chopped white onion, corn relish, cripsy totilla strips, and lime juice in there. yommmmmmm mmmmmm, brb, i'm goin to freebirds

mrsmaalox
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I tried Freebirds for the first time last Friday, after reading this thread. I was anticipating a very California experience, and was relieved to not see a single sprout in the place. I have an aversion to large, drippy, piles of food and it was great to be able to direct the creation of nice dry, tight meal :lol The choices were great and all tasted good, but I thought the salsa was pretty lame; I'll do without it next time---and there will definitely be a next time!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2011, 04:30 PM
They sure know how to roll 'em, huh? Not surprising given the makeup of the help. At least at the one I went to.

Oh, and drippy sprouts?