PDA

View Full Version : kindle won't connect to uverse anymore

Bender
06-22-2011, 12:47 AM
I've always had uverse while I've had the kindle, and it connected just fine when I first got it. I have the same uverse hardware as always, same password, same everything. But I haven't used my kindle for a couple of months, and now it will no longer connect wirelessly.

re-entered the password several times, doesn't work. also changed to "static" and entered all the IP, subnet, primary dns, blah blah to see if that would do anything... same message "kindle can't connect to network".

I also restarted the kindle, but did not make a diff.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 02:14 AM
You should probably check your firewall. An update was probably pushed out and reset your settings for whatever reason. I'm assuming your kindle is still identifying your wifi hub. I'd start there.

Bender
06-22-2011, 07:54 AM
yeah, the kindle recognizes the wireless network. Something else I remembered this morning - my laptop wireless stopped connecting also, a couple weeks ago. The laptop detects the network fine, but wont connect even with the correct password, just like the kindle.

well, gotta go to work... mess with it later.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Is it possible a free trial software expired?

Bender
06-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I know how to access the uverse router page, but I don't know what to check or mess with once I'm there.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not at home to walk you through but I believe there's a Firewall tab you can click. Just check to see that your kindle is added and allowed through the firewall. Or you could just delete it from your router's setting then set it up again to hopefully get it to work. May have to do the same with your laptop.

Bender
06-22-2011, 08:00 PM
yeah there's a Firewall tab under Settings. It lists one machine, not sure whose, but probably my son's desktop.

my desktop (wireless) is working ok. Just the kindle, and my laptop, no longer connect.