PDA

View Full Version : TP almost traded to Portland?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:02 PM
According to HoopsWorld, the San Antonio Spurs had a deal with the Portland Trailblazers for Tony Parker, but the deal died when the Spurs wanted Richard Jefferson involved in the deal:

The San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers nearly completed a blockbuster trade on Wednesday afternoon, but the deal fell apart in the late stages. San Antonio was prepared to ship Tony Parker and the #29 pick to Portland in exchange for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the #21 pick. Other players would have been included in the trade to make salaries work. However, the deal died when the Spurs insisted that Richard Jefferson somehow be included. Since San Antonio's attempt to add Jefferson, talks have quieted, but they could pick up tomorrow if one of these teams has a change of heart.

Seems the Spurs are pushing more for Jefferson and his bloated contract in any Parker deal. But as said before, Jefferson's contract, coupled with his less-than-spectacular play on the court, makes any deal involving him difficult to sell to another team.

If the report is true, had the Spurs traded with Portland, they would have gotten older by adding Miller but Batum would have been a nice addition adding youth and athleticism. Plus the Spurs could have used the 21st pick to possibly select a player such as USC's Nicola Vucevic.

However, Spurs GM R.C. Buford shot down any reports the team was shopping any players and I spoke to Parker at Steve Nash's Showdown in Chinatown in New York City and he reiterated his desire to stay in San Antonio and that the Spurs front office has not contacted him regarding any deal.

It would appear a deal involving Parker could be still on the table as the NBA Draft nears.

Thoughts Spurs fans? Think Parker will still be a Spur after the draft tomorrow?

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13986609&r=tw&c=225

koriwhat
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
really? you need to post this shit twice?

koriwhat
06-22-2011, 11:04 PM
and hoopsworld, really?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:04 PM
twice? Didn't see it the first time. Sorry...

joshdaboss
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Greg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg OdenGreg Oden

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Why didn't you just post the hoopsworld story?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Sorry..just found it on Project Spurs...

joshdaboss
06-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry..just found it on Project Spurs...

Don't apologize. Fuck them niggaz.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Sorry..just found it on Project Spurs...The link to hoopsworld is right on that page.

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
If we could pull it off, I'd be down for that..Batum would be awesome in black and silver..

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Pretty horrible if that's all there is to it.

Spursfan092120
The link to hoopsworld is right on that page.
Understand..but why do it that way when the Project Spurs article had the whole HoopsWorld article and then broke it down? Gave you more to read.

ChumpDumper
Understand..but why do it that way when the Project Spurs article had the whole HoopsWorld article and then broke it down? Gave you more to read.Do you work for them?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Do you work for them?

No..just saw the article and thought it'd be interesting. Everybody having Tony talk, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Gino2882
06-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Would have to be more than Batum. At the LEAST the spurs keeps their own first rounder...

DPG21920
06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
If there's anything worse about the actual trade, it's arguing about semantics of posting said trade.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
No..just saw the article and thought it'd be interesting. Everybody having Tony talk, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.But you didn't say anything about it.

manufan10
06-22-2011, 11:16 PM
If there's anything worse about the actual trade, it's arguing about semantics of posting said trade.

:lol

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:18 PM
If there's anything worse about the actual trade, it's arguing about semantics of posting said trade.How about bitching about the arguing of the semantics of posting a trade?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
But you didn't say anything about it.
No..you're right..I didn't..but does it matter? I just posted the article...shit...Just saw something people might be interested in and posted it. Damn..some of you people are going to start making it where people don't post shit that they find because they're going to get the third degree because of HOW they posted it.

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Would have to be more than Batum. At the LEAST the spurs keeps their own first rounder...

The trade has Andre Miller, Batum, and the 21st..I kind of like it.

lil'mo
06-22-2011, 11:24 PM
spursan90210 typical dumbassery

manufan10
The trade has Andre Miller, Batum, and the 21st..I kind of like it.

I said this in the other thread, they'd have to throw in Gerald Wallace for me to be even remotely interested.

ChumpDumper
I kind of like it.:clap

Finally.

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:25 PM
spursan90210 typical dumbassery
um...posting an article?

lol

gtfo

DPG21920
06-22-2011, 11:26 PM
What is your personal opinion about this type of trade, Chump?

Spursfan092120
06-22-2011, 11:26 PM
But you didn't say anything about it.
6 minutes earlier...

If we could pull it off, I'd be down for that..Batum would be awesome in black and silver..

elemento
06-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank god that did not happen

Awful deal for the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:28 PM
What is your personal opinion about this type of trade, Chump?

Pretty horrible if that's all there is to it.

Mr. Body
06-22-2011, 11:28 PM
A lot of threadshitting in this thread. Awesome.

ducks
06-22-2011, 11:30 PM
hoopsworld is full of shit

lmbebo
06-22-2011, 11:35 PM
awful deal. Plus doesn't andre miller's contract expire?

never mind. He has a 7.8 mill option which is non-guaranteed. He would be waived most likely by spurs to get under the cap it seems.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2011, 11:36 PM
6 minutes earlier...Apologies. I guess you missed the first time too.

jimo2305
06-22-2011, 11:59 PM
andre miller is a good PG..

i still have sad face over blazers snatching batum right before us..

he's that slasher SF we could use that's not named Richard Jefferson

06-23-2011, 12:04 AM
good news is that the spurs are aware that dumping jefferson is a high priority. bad news is that no one wants him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-23-2011, 02:36 AM

I was thinking the same - Batum gives us the potential elite stopper on the wing we've been lacking, and Dre Miller still has a few years in his legs and would be a great Pop PG I think. Also, he could be resigned for 3 yrs at decent money.

And I don't think it's a bad time to ship TP - he might have a couple of elite seasons left, but he's a PG who relies on speed and has taken a battering... if a good deal is out there, you ship him.

If we could somehow ship RJ out at the same time, it'd be a steal!

Ditty
06-23-2011, 02:39 AM
good news is that the spurs are aware that dumping jefferson is a high priority. bad news is that no one wants him.

I'm hoping the Spurs have a back up plan to get rid of Rj for teams not wanting to deal with draft picks, after the draft. There just using him right now so sometime can bite that he will work in the other teams system, and his salary would be worth it along Parkers, while Spurs get a draft pick, and a nice prospect or two.

rascal
06-23-2011, 04:44 AM
The Spurs always manage to sabotage any trades. It will very surprising if the Spurs make any major trade.

rascal
06-23-2011, 04:46 AM

Why did they bother resigning him then? Most here knew that before they signed him, why didn't the spurs fo know.

will_spurs
06-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Why did they bother resigning him then? Most here knew that before they signed him, why didn't the spurs fo know.

They needed room to sign Splitter?

acoelho1
06-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Explain to me why this is such a bad trade? Batum is younger, better defender and has not hit his sealing in terms of potential. I like Tony Parker but after the last series where he got out played by Mike Conley, it's time to go. Just my two cents.

SenorSpur
06-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Explain to me why this is such a bad trade? Batum is younger, better defender and has not hit his sealing in terms of potential. I like Tony Parker but after the last series where he got out played by Mike Conley, it's time to go. Just my two cents.

Because of Parker's talents and his championship pedigree, he should net more than what the Spurs are getting. Now if Portland were agreeable to a package of Greg Oden, Nic Batum and their pick #21, I would think that would be more in line.

acoelho1
06-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Because of Parker's talents and his championship pedigree, he should net more than what the Spurs are getting. Now if Portland were agreeable to a package of Greg Oden, Nic Batum and their pick #21, I would think that would be more in line.

Is that the same pedigree that got outplayed by a player with zero playoff experience. Batum is an excellent player with the potential of being a top defender which is what we need and he is 7 years younger! I wouldn't hold up a trade like this simply on getting Oden. Im more concerned of getting rid of Jefferson then adding any other players to the deal.

elemento
06-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Is that the same pedigree that got outplayed by a player with zero playoff experience. Batum is an excellent player with the potential of being a top defender which is what we need and he is 7 years younger! I wouldn't hold up a trade like this simply on getting Oden. Im more concerned of getting rid of Jefferson then adding any other players to the deal.

By outplayed you mean the guy that got 14ppg shooting 39% against Parker? In the series Parker had 19.7ppg/5.2apg shooting 46%. Yeah, clearly outplayed.

Batum is the excellent top defender (next Pippen according to some delusional fans) that regressed in every single % statistic e became a backup SF after the arrival of Gerald Wallace in Portland ?

Sorry this trade is awful. It only makes sense if we get rid of Jefferson. Otherwise, this trade does not make any sense for us.

hater
06-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Andre Miller is fucking 43 years old

hater
06-23-2011, 09:19 AM
By outplayed you mean the guy that got 14ppg shooting 39% against Parker? In the series Parker had 19.7ppg/5.2apg shooting 46%. Yeah, clearly outplayed.

Batum is the excellent top defender (next Pippen according to some delusional fans) that regressed in every single % statistic e became a backup SF after the arrival of Gerald Wallace in Portland ?

Sorry this trade is awful. It only makes sense if we get rid of Jefferson. Otherwise, this trade does not make any sense for us.

wake up. Parker made Memphis PG scrubs look like near allstars

mudyez
06-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Now if Portland were agreeable to a package of Greg Oden, Nic Batum and their pick #21, I would think that would be more in line.

Tbh, I'd trade Parker for Nic+Greg without swapping picks or something like that.

Hill, Neal, Blair, Splitter, Oden (and to some degree Batum) with Manu+Tim to teach them is a great way to rebuild.

but yeah, we still had to get rid of JR :bang

hater
06-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Greg oden?????

dude won't even be healthy till mid 2012

elemento
06-23-2011, 09:50 AM
wake up. Parker made Memphis PG scrubs look like near allstars

rightttttttt, the same way TD and Mcdyess made Randolph and Gasol look like Hakeem Olajuwon and D-Rob ?

hater
06-23-2011, 10:09 AM
rightttttttt, the same way TD and Mcdyess made Randolph and Gasol look like Hakeem Olajuwon and D-Rob ?

:lol

Randolph and Gasol are top 15 bigmen in the game.

Conley and Vazquez are and will be scrubs next year and the next and the next

elemento
06-23-2011, 10:16 AM
That is why Conley had 14ppg shooting 39% and Parker had 19.7ppg shooting 46% and you keep saying Conley looked like an all-star. :lol

Nothing new. Another Parker hater.

SenorSpur
06-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't get all the Parker hate. Even if you don't like the guy, he's too good of a player just to give away for a lottery pick. If the Spurs ARE indeed going to trade him away, I believe that they are astute enough that they will at least get market value for the guy.

After all, look what the Jazz got for Deron Williams. They got Derrick Favors AND a number one pick from the Nets, which coincidentally turned out to be a lottery pick.

The Spurs had better get back a young player and a lottery pick.

Cane
06-23-2011, 10:45 AM
That is why Conley had 14ppg shooting 39% and Parker had 19.7ppg shooting 46% and you keep saying Conley looked like an all-star. :lol

Nothing new. Another Parker hater.

No, Tony Parker was garbage and you're looking at the wrong stats. Tony Parker totaled 31 assists to 20 turnovers against Memphis and thats absolutely horrible for a starting PG especially a fringe star like Tony against Mike Conley. Conley had 37 assists and 13 turnovers. Parker's PG skills are incredibly overrated.

GSH
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
How about bitching about the arguing of the semantics of posting a trade?

I think the semantics of arguing about bitching about posting a trade is the most fun to read.

acoelho1
06-23-2011, 10:59 AM

Those numbers are slightly skewed since Parker had two games with a high field percentage. The point I was making was that Parker should have dominated Conley and they pretty much played even and I would give the edge to Conley since he seemed to come up big when they needed him too. Stats don't always tell the whole story.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Those numbers are slightly skewed since Parker had two games with a high field percentage.Obviously those should not count.

acoelho1
06-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Read the whole post genius.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Read the whole post genius.I did. Why would you bring those games up unless you wanted to discount them?

acoelho1
06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Because TP was inconsistent throughout the series. He had 2 games where he had high field percentage, which one was at 75%. Clearly this had an impact on his overall field percentage for the series. TP played badly and did not play like a 3 time champion and finals MVP. Even Pop called him out after the series. He should have dominated Conley.. plain and simple.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
He had 2 games where he had high field percentage, which one was at 75%. Clearly this had an impact on his overall field percentage for the series.So clearly they shouldn't count.

acoelho1
06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Whatever you say, buddy. TP played great and totally dominated Conley.

Fabbs
06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Because TP was inconsistent throughout the series. He had 2 games where he had high field percentage, which one was at 75%. Clearly this had an impact on his overall field percentage for the series. TP played badly and did not play like a 3 time champion and finals MVP. Even Pop called him out after the series. He should have dominated Conley.. plain and simple.
Coach Rumphumper doesn't understand the signifigance of the games lost whereupon Parker sucked.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2011, 11:28 AM
you cant base it on stats for the memphis series, u have to watch the series to understand what happened during stretches of the game....

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Coach Rumphumper doesn't understand the signifigance of the games lost whereupon Parker sucked.Sure I do.

They count more than the ones in which he didn't; they don't count at all.

Fabbs
06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Fabbs
Coach Rumphumper doesn't understand the signifigance of the games lost whereupon Parker sucked.

Sure I do.

They count more than the ones in which he didn't; they don't count at all.
Wrong again RumpH. Parker had more suck games then good ones.
Also, in Game 1, with the Spurs leading 98-96 with 31 seconds to go, the worst case scenario that should happen is Memphis ties and the Spurs get the ball back for one last shot to win. Miss the game winning attempt and worst case should have been OT at home.

The most moronic thing they could do is allow a trey. Parker sags off his man by 15-20 feet and thus Battier gets a wide open 3. That's lower then a rookie mistake.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Parker had more suck games then good ones.And the good ones don't count.

Why do you get so angry when I agree with you?

DMX7
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
What a joke of a trade that would have been.

Fabbs
06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
And the good ones don't count.

Why do you get so angry when I agree with you?
The good ones do count.
You are not agreeing with me.

:lol fabricating I'm angry.
You're butthurt all over the board today.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
The good ones do count.
You are not agreeing with me.What do they count for?

Explain.

:lol fabricating I'm angry.
You're butthurt all over the board today.Of course you're angry.

Don't worry about it. It's natural.

ogait
06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Wanting Parker to be traded based on the Memphis series, is almost as bad as wanting him to be traded because of how he shattered some people feelings when he said the Spurs will probably not be contenders next year.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Wanting Parker to be traded based on the Memphis series, is almost as bad as wanting him to be traded because of how he shattered some people feelings when he said the Spurs will probably not be contenders next year.It's the sexting. Can't you get that through your head?

baseline bum
06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
It's the sexting. Can't you get that through your head?

It's not that. Too many people here got excited off the dick pics from Hill and now he's their man.

ogait
06-23-2011, 12:45 PM
It's the sexting. Can't you get that through your head?

:lol I forgot that one

3 solid reasons to give him away for nothing.

timvp
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
That trade would have rivaled the Scola Trade as worst in franchise history. TP for a slow, ball-dominant PG who can't shoot at all and a wildly inconsistent SF who is still more of a project than a reliable player?

Yeah, how about no.

PDXSpursFan
06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
This is the trade I'll do with Portland (and it works perfectly salary-wise):

TP straight up for Batum, Matthews & Miller :smokin

Pauleta14
06-23-2011, 02:39 PM
That trade would have rivaled the Scola Trade as worst in franchise history. TP for a slow, ball-dominant PG who can't shoot at all and a wildly inconsistent SF who is still more of a project than a reliable player?

Yeah, how about no.

:toast

Good to have you back!

It raises the bar...