PDA

View Full Version : Spurs can trade Parker and anything else they want, IT WON'T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE

Basketball Power
06-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Duncan is done, when he started to decline the Spurs tanked with him. WHen the Spurs won the title in 07, Parker was finals MVP (absolute bullshit), Duncan led the team that playoff run in POINT, REBOUNDS, and ASSITS. He was and will always be our team. Now he's struggling to get 10pts and a double double game for him is like a 30/20 game for him in years past.

So Pop and RC can deal Parker and hill get picks and do all they want, but unless they find the fountain of youth for TD it won't make a damn bit of difference

spursfan09
06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
This is very depressing.

TJastal
06-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Duncan is done, when he started to decline the Spurs tanked with him. WHen the Spurs won the title in 07, Parker was finals MVP (absolute bullshit), Duncan led the team that playoff run in POINT, REBOUNDS, and ASSITS. He was and will always be our team. Now he's struggling to get 10pts and a double double game for him is like a 30/20 game for him in years past.

So Pop and RC can deal Parker and hill get picks and do all they want, but unless they find the fountain of youth for TD it won't make a damn bit of difference

He just might be revitalized if Pop actually gets him some help in the paint. The constant drain of being the only big (besides the old McDyess) keeping teams out of the paint has worn him down to the nub. Pop needs to get him some serious help in the middle and he might just find his legs & enthusiasm once again.

cheguevara
06-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Hill
Manu
Chandler
Duncan
Gasol

Neal
Anderson
Splitter
Blair
Bonner

this team could get somewhere. Now if we could dump Parker/RJ to someone :(

hater
06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I really think Hill is being wasted. I don't think he plays good off the bench.

If you see his numbers on games he starts, you will see what I mean. I think definitely Parker or Hill should leave. I vote for Parker because that would give us more cap space to try and get one more "good" player.

ElNono
06-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Lock the door and throw away the key! :madrun :madrun :madrun

will_spurs
06-23-2011, 09:47 AM
The situation with the Spurs is as follows:
- they haven't developed a draft pick into a starting position since Parker
- they cannot get (via trades, draft or free agency) any All-Star caliber player
- they overplay washed out vets and end of the bench roleplayers

So all in all I would agree: it doesn't matter which players they get or how they get them, they won't be able to use them.

In other words, anybody they acquired since Parker/Horry has turned out to be a bust as far as the Spurs are concerned: either underdeveloped, traded away, underperformed, washed out, etc.

Interrohater
06-23-2011, 10:22 AM
You're right, OP, let's all just forget about the Spurs until they've found a contending team again, because we can only be fans of winning teams. Thanks for the thread and the ensuing discussion. By the way, the world is ending Dec 2012, so be prepared. All hope is lost.

SpursChampsIII
06-23-2011, 10:49 AM

You sound like a quitter, which automatically makes you a loser. They should just sit around and do nothing, "Oh, Duncan is over the hill, so we will never win again in the history of the franchise." Does that sound stupid to you? It should, because that's what you said, moron.

zrinkill
06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Same thing people said when Robinson went downhill.

Tim is still better than David was when Tim got here.

He just needs a partner.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
been 4 years since the spurs actually look for a partner for tim, heck they didnt even bother with the bowen replacement

Basketball Power
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
So I'm a quitter and I shouldn't be a Spurs fan because I see the writing on the wall? Our franchise player in playing his last couple seasons and is a shell of himself, I'm not stupid enough to think we are still contenders. I never ONCE thought that last season when were the #1 team all season.

Basketball Power
06-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Same thing people said when Robinson went downhill.

Tim is still better than David was when Tim got here.

He just needs a partner.

good point!!!!!!!! now where do you suppose the Spurs find a 20/10 future HOF big man to play alongside Timmy?

zrinkill
06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
good point!!!!!!!! now where do you suppose the Spurs find a 20/10 future HOF big man to play alongside Timmy?

He does not have to be as good as Timmy ...... Just good.

Draft an American big man that plays American style big man basketball.

No more power forwards pretending to be centers ....... no more European big men.

LegendaryFan44
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
100% correct about Duncan..if he starts next year ITS OVER!!! I remember his underserved all-star performance..dude could barely get up and down the court..HE MUST RETIRE or take a seat..ANTONIO M. MUST RETIRE..SPurs must trade HILL and PARKER..should I go on???? By the way..is Candayce Parker available from the Sparks???

spurs10
06-23-2011, 01:32 PM
He just might be revitalized if Pop actually gets him some help in the paint. The constant drain of being the only big (besides the old McDyess) keeping teams out of the paint has worn him down to the nub. Pop needs to get him some serious help in the middle and he might just find his legs & enthusiasm once again.
Had this exact discussion last night and concur completely. I also believe that most people's view of Tim is based on his post ankle sprain performances in the later part of the season and playoffs. He was obviously not up to speed and in desperate need of help.

cheguevara
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
wake up to reality
1. A change needs to be done
2. RJ needs to go
3. We will never get equal value for Parker

I respect what the FO is doing.

Agloco
06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
wake up to reality
1. A change needs to be done
2. RJ needs to go
3. We will never get equal value for Parker

I respect what the FO is doing.

I think 2 is the reason for 3 in most minds, and it need not be so.

bigfan
06-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Keep:

Tim
Manu
Neal
Butler
Splitter

Try to trade everyone else.

spurtech09
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM

So Pop and RC can deal Parker and hill get picks and do all they want, but unless they find the fountain of youth for TD it won't make a damn bit of differenceblah blah blah blah:ihit