PDA

View Full Version : interesting trade rumor (actually makes sense!)

Beeger43
06-23-2011, 12:57 PM
I came across this trade rumor in the "comments" section of the OKC Thunder's TrueHoop blog. (I'm from Oklahoma and was a Spurs fan long before we got our own team, so now I try to keep up with both...) Could be a bunch of crap, but it sounded so legit compared to some of the trade's I've seen on here that I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion if nothing else. I would probably accept this trade, but I guess it depends on what you think of Speights and who's available at #12.

Here's the exact post:

Take this with a grain of salt…no real source:

“RUMORS out of Philadelphia…Sixers, Spurs and Jazz about to announce a three team trade.

Sixers send Andre Iguodala to Utah for the #3 Pick in this years draft. Sixers also get Memet Okur and R. Bell.

The spurs then send Tony Parker to Utah for the #12 Pick, Utahs 2nd round pick next year and Devin Harris and the Sixers M Speights”

Again, it's not likely to happen, but I've heard far more ridiculous scenarios than this one!

DPG21920
06-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Steaming pile of shit trade.

5in10
No thanks.

ABrooks111
That's still shitty and less than I'd want for Parker. Hopefully the front office sees it the same way.

TimmehC
06-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Oy. Not as bad as the Portland/Sacto rumors, but still shitty.

Agloco
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I came across this trade rumor in the "comments" section of the OKC Thunder's TrueHoop blog. (I'm from Oklahoma and was a Spurs fan long before we got our own team, so now I try to keep up with both...) Could be a bunch of crap, but it sounded so legit compared to some of the trade's I've seen on here that I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion if nothing else. I would probably accept this trade, but I guess it depends on what you think of Speights and who's available at #12.

Here's the exact post:

“RUMORS out of Philadelphia…Sixers, Spurs and Jazz about to announce a three team trade.

Sixers send Andre Iguodala to Utah for the #3 Pick in this years draft. Sixers also get Memet Okur and R. Bell.

The spurs then send Tony Parker to Utah for the #12 Pick, Utahs 2nd round pick next year and Devin Harris and the Sixers M Speights”

Again, it's not likely to happen, but I've heard far more ridiculous scenarios than this one!

So Parker for Harris, 12, Speights and a second rounder next year?

:lol

You'd find less junk in a landfill tbh.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Speights could barely get time in Philly. No thanks.

Ditty
06-23-2011, 01:03 PM
12th pick also. but still don't like it.

baseline bum
06-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Horrible

SenorSpur
06-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Good gosh. If this is true, the Spurs should just bag up Tony and sit him out on the curb.

MaNu4Tres
06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Agreed on the pile of shit reference.

Mr. Body
06-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Pretty lousy.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2011, 01:13 PM
parker > AI2

SHOULD BE LOTTERY top5 pick, not fkn pick 12 and trash

DesignatedT
06-23-2011, 01:13 PM
That makes no sense.

DPG21920
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Nothing against Speights, I actually like him. But no.

Avitus1
06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Pass!

lmbebo
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Doesn't make sense. I don't see RJ listed there as well.

Teams want TP, just not RJ. Doesn't sound like SA is going to trade TP without RJ.

Beeger43
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
wow! didn't realize everyone thought so highly of tony! seems like he's peaked to me, of course so has harris. guess i'm just ready for a change...

oh well, it's not gonna happen anyway!

The Jazz offered Devin Harris and the No. 12 pick for Tony Parker, but the Spurs declined, a source tells SI.com.
The Spurs, of course, wanted the Jazz to take back Richard Jefferson's three years and $30.4 million. That's not happening. Until San Antonio backs off on their demand that Jefferson be included in any deal, it's unlikely they'll find any takers.

buttsR4rebounding
06-23-2011, 01:44 PM
So the Sixers are getting the #3 pick, Okur, and Raja Bell for Iggy and
the Spurs get the #12 pick, Harris, Speights, and a throw in 2nd round pick for Parker...Parker should have more value than Iggy. Why do the Sixers get the better package? I'd take the #3 pick, Okur and Bell. #3 will get you Irving, Williams or Kanter.

Beeger43
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
i'll admit, out of sheer boredom i watched game 1 of the spurs/nets finals the other day, and i was amazed at how frantically the spurs played. and i mean that in a good way, it was like they still had something to prove. sure, their young guys - tony, manu, jackson - turned it over a lot and clearly had a lot to learn, but there was a certain drive there that's no longer present. i'm not ready to completely rebuild, but maybe that's what made me feel it was time for a change.

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I've never seen so many bullshit trade rumors on here before. It's worse than last year, and we haven't even seen the draft yet.

Agloco
06-23-2011, 01:52 PM
wow! didn't realize everyone thought so highly of tony! seems like he's peaked to me, of course so has harris. guess i'm just ready for a change...

oh well, it's not gonna happen anyway!

The Jazz offered Devin Harris and the No. 12 pick for Tony Parker, but the Spurs declined, a source tells SI.com.
The Spurs, of course, wanted the Jazz to take back Richard Jefferson's three years and $30.4 million. That's not happening. Until San Antonio backs off on their demand that Jefferson be included in any deal, it's unlikely they'll find any takers.

For reference, Utah landed Derrick Favors (third pick overall 2010), Devin Harris and 2 future first round draft picks (one unprotected, and one top 7 protected) for Deron Williams

Is Parker really worth THAT much less?

Beeger43
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
For reference, Utah landed Derrick Favors (third pick overall 2010), Devin Harris and 2 future first round draft picks (one unprotected, and one top 7 protected) for Deron Williams

Is Parker really worth THAT much less?

in my opinion, i would say, "yes." i don't think tony is in deron's league at this point, but that seems to be the unpopular opinion.

again, to me it's more about simply being time for a change. the team as it's currently constructed just seems a bit complacent. maybe it's time to shake things up a little.

Agloco
06-23-2011, 02:25 PM
in my opinion, i would say, "yes." i don't think tony is in deron's league at this point, but that seems to be the unpopular opinion.

Touche, you're certainly entitled to it. :toast

again, to me it's more about simply being time for a change. the team as it's currently constructed just seems a bit complacent. maybe it's time to shake things up a little.

Change simply for the sake of change is quite dangerous. This is a business in the end. It's about putting a profitable, competitive product on the floor.

I simply don't see how adding Devin Harris, Marcus (Mareese...whatever) Speights and the 12th from a weak draft pool help to accomplish that.

ElNono
06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
http://ourelectricgeneration.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/picture_12614.png

Agloco
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
I've never seen so many bullshit trade rumors on here before. It's worse than last year, and we haven't even seen the draft yet.

:lol

lefty
06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Sense?

Pauleta14
06-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Here's the exact post:

So the spurs get a "poor man" Tony Parker, the 12th pick of a poor draft and next year 2nd round pick?

Are you insane or what????

Beeger43
06-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Touche, you're certainly entitled to it. :toast

Change simply for the sake of change is quite dangerous. This is a business in the end. It's about putting a profitable, competitive product on the floor.

I simply don't see how adding Devin Harris, Marcus (Mareese...whatever) Speights and the 12th from a weak draft pool help to accomplish that.

I agree with you on that, it would definitely be a gamble. And by no means am I saying that if we made that trade we'd win it all next year or anything. At best, the talent swap would come out even. (Although, I'm apparently the only one who sees it working out that way!) But maybe just having some new faces would change the atmosphere a little. Or maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic after watching the finals game from Manu's rookie year, but I just want some players in here who are "hungry" again. Do Harris, Speights, and #12 fit that description? I honestly can't say, but I do know a few players on the current team definitely do not.

xellos88330
06-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Pick should be higher.

crc21209
06-23-2011, 03:29 PM
:lol I'm so sure the 6ers and Spurs are going to help Utah out THAT much by giving them TP AND Iggy? I don't think so.....

spurspokesman
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Here's the exact post:

If you insert george hill where it says tony parker I'd do this in a NY second. Now that's a deal

Beaverfuzz
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
dookie dookie dookie!

stxspurs
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
I just bricked a hot totty on that scenario