PDA

View Full Version : Nationals manager Riggleman resigns nationals refuse to pick up his option for next y

ducks
06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Nationals manager Riggleman resigns
15 minutes ago

tweet0EmailPrintWASHINGTON (AP)—Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo says manager Jim Riggleman has resigned.

Following the Nationals’ 1-0 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Thursday afternoon, Rizzo said that Riggleman quit after he requested the team pick up the option on his contract for 2012 and the club declined.

The team will name an interim manager Friday before the Nationals face the White Sox.

Rizzo said Riggleman told him he would not travel with the team to Chicago. Riggleman was unavailable after the Nationals won for the 11th time in 12 games.

Riggleman is the second manager to resign this week. Florida Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez quit Sunday

JamStone
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
If it's really over them not picking up his option, pretty unprofessional imo. He signed a contract for this season still and should have finished the job. At least with Edwin Rodriguez, it "seems" that he quit because the team was losing and he felt it would help the team to get a new voice. Seems like Riggleman quit because he was a baby over not getting what he wanted.

tlongII
06-23-2011, 06:06 PM
I wish he would have resigned before their series with the M's! :madrun

lefty
06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Fucks the Nats

I hope they burn in hell along with Loria, Sampson and Selig

ducks
06-24-2011, 09:26 PM
werth does not like him I believe