PDA

View Full Version : Possible scenario in the works

Zammers
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Obviously rumors and scenarios are playing out all over the NBA right now and I imagine this will be one of the more active drafts.

What I've heard from a little birdie within the organization:

The Spurs are enamored with somehow getting Lithuanian center Jonas Valunciunas. Cleveland has come out and said that they want him at #4. Spurs are trying to entice Cleveland to trade the #4 pick to San Antonio for Tony Parker. If that were to happen, Cleveland would then select Derrick Williams with the #1 overall pick. They are also trying to slip Richard Jefferson in with this trade. If Cleveland bites they would ship JJ Hickson to the Spurs

San Antonio: Jonas Valunciunas and JJ Hickson

Cleveland: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, plus the #29 pick and using #1 on Derrick Williams

Also, if they can't swing the #4 pick I've heard that we may be trying to move Jefferson and DeJuan Blair as a package for either a draft pick or a player. Possibly packaging that draft pick with the #29 pick to move up into the lottery selections.

Stay tuned...........

Budkin
06-23-2011, 05:42 PM
TP for some dude no one has ever heard of? No thanks.

ducks
and who are you post 26

scottspurs
:lmao

Mugen
Zammers with the FUCKING GOODS.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
How cute, a rookie poster missed the 50 page Tony Parker trade thread. :rolleyes

Sii
06-23-2011, 05:44 PM

not saying this rumor is true whatsoever but most Spurs fans didnt know shit about Manu or Tony Parker before they were drafted either. hes projected as a top 5 pick

crc21209
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
and who are you post 26

:lol

Zammers
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM

Jonas Valunciunas is widely considered the best center in this draft and has been compared to Pau Gasol.

Bet you never heard of Dirk Nowitzki when he was 19 either.

ducks
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I would die laughing if tp went to cavs and won the title something james could not do

MaNu4Tres
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Zammers with the FUCKING GOODS.

I laughed.

TJastal
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Jonas Valunciunas is widely considered the best center in this draft and has been compared to Pau Gasol.

Bet you never heard of Dirk Nowitzki when he was 19 either.

+1

Everything I've read indicates he will be very good down the line. The spurs would be absolute fools not to do this deal.

Once again, the sticking point is probably RJ.

montgod
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
So... let me get this straight. Cleveland is trying to win it all with a starting line up of 3 pgs?

One of those pgs would have to be in the mix if this was even close to being a valid trade imo.

ohmwrecker
06-23-2011, 06:00 PM
The Spurs trading their best player after posting a 61 win season to draft a Euro project who they won't be able to pry out of his current contract for at least another year?

I hope they trade Manu and Timmy retires. Fuck this team if that happens.

TJastal
06-23-2011, 06:11 PM
The Spurs trading their best player after posting a 61 win season to draft a Euro project who they won't be able to pry out of his current contract for at least another year?

lol best player
lol tantrum
lol impatience

Spurtacus
06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
If Spurs can get Ramon Sessions in addition to JJ Hickson and the #4 pick I say do it.

sehui
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Best player? :/ I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that Ginobili has been our best player for the past 2-3 years, after Duncan's talents have slided.

Parker has had his moments, but Ginobili is our play-maker, in the regular season and in the clutch.

I'm a little hesitant on this possible scenario, simply because of the risk - who knows if this Euro is as talented as people say?

Like everyone else here, we are all dying for a change - the Spurs never make blockbuster deals and frankly we need something to spice up this summer after the playoffs.

I rather deal George Hill, Blair, RJ, Bonner, Anderson for someone we can use within the next 1-2 years for a last hurrah. I don't see that much of a future with Hill and Blair TBH, they are great roleplayers, but not something to fill in the gap for the Duncan-less era.

Zammers
06-23-2011, 06:20 PM

The reality of trying to trade up to get more talented/younger/athletic is you have to give a little to get a little.

Duncan is too old to get quality in return. Manu is good, but entering his twilight years. Parker and Hill are really our only trade chips. Do I want to lose either? NO. But in order to stay a winning franchise for the long term we need to start transitioning. If we wait and hold on....we will eventually be a lottery team.

You guys fail to remember that most of our success the past 10-12 years was the luck of getting the #1 pick (Tim Duncan). No Duncan, no championships.

So do we sit around and wait to get lucky again or do we get proactive. I vote for being proactive. Even if it means that my favorite player has to be traded.

Thompson
06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
So the Cavs are going to draft a franchise point guard with the 1st pick, and deal a young center drafted at #4 for another elite point guard.

Ok.

(I would be shocked if they passed up Irving for Williams).

Spurtacus
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
So the Cavs are going to draft a franchise point guard with the 1st pick, and deal a young center drafted at #4 for another elite point guard.

Ok.

Derrick Williams would go #1 if they got Parker.

Zammers
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM

Ok.

Obviously you didn't really read my post. They would select Derrick Williams with #1 if the deal went down. Re-read.

Thompson
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Obviously you didn't really read my post. They would select Derrick Williams with #1 if the deal went down. Re-read.

Williams is not a franchise player. Irving might be. You don't pass that up.

Williams could be Beasley 2.0; ask the Bulls if they regret their decision.

buttsR4rebounding
06-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Ok.

(I would be shocked if they passed up Irving for Williams).

Are you trying to be obtuse? The Cavs really want both a top level point and Williams. If they did this trade they would draft Derrick Williams with the number 1 pick. Geez!

Seventyniner
06-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Cleveland's trade exception is only around $14M, right? Parker + Jefferson is a little over $21M, and Hickson only makes $2.3M, so the Cavs would have to include another salary somewhere. Varejao, perhaps? Or maybe both Gibson and Sessions.

baseline bum
06-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Hickson. I still don't like the deal, but it beats the hell out of Omri Casppi and the #7.

Thompson
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Derrick Williams's upside is Lamar Odom.

Irving's is Chris Paul. Easy choice.

Spurtacus
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Irving #1. Discussion is now mute.

montgod
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
well... there goes that scenario... oh well. continue w/typical spurs draft...

NickiRasgo
06-23-2011, 06:43 PM
It doesn't make sense, we still have Bonner. :(

Agloco
06-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Cleveland: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, plus the #29 pick and using #1 on Derrick Williams

Thank god that didn't come to pass.

spurtech09
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Obviously rumors and scenarios are playing out all over the NBA right now and I imagine this will be one of the more active drafts.

The Spurs are enamored with somehow getting Lithuanian center Jonas Valunciunas. Cleveland has come out and said that they want him at #4. Spurs are trying to entice Cleveland to trade the #4 pick to San Antonio for Tony Parker. If that were to happen, Cleveland would then select Derrick Williams with the #1 overall pick. They are also trying to slip Richard Jefferson in with this trade. If Cleveland bites they would ship JJ Hickson to the Spurs

Also, if they can't swing the #4 pick I've heard that we may be trying to move Jefferson and DeJuan Blair as a package for either a draft pick or a player. Possibly packaging that draft pick with the #29 pick to move up into the lottery selections.

Stay tuned...........no one is getting traded....by the way that pic of that chick with that number 9 jersey is looking hot!!!!!!!

GSH
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM
+1

Everything I've read indicates he will be very good down the line. The spurs would be absolute fools not to do this deal.

Once again, the sticking point is probably RJ.

Everything you read said that Greg Oden was going to be very good, too. And everything you read said that the Spurs made one of the best deals of the off-season, when they signed Jackie Butler.

crc21209
06-23-2011, 07:21 PM

Stay tuned...........

Sooo, you were sayin'? :lol

Duncan2177
06-23-2011, 07:23 PM

Stay tuned...........

:pimpslap

wut
06-23-2011, 07:25 PM
well... there goes that scenario... oh well. continue w/typical spurs draft...

tell me about it....no major moves, another late first rounder that they probably trade away for a future late rounder...and a horrible second round pick that they'll just drop in summer league or another project player that we'll never see in a Spurs jersey.

ohmwrecker
06-23-2011, 07:39 PM
lol best player
lol tantrum
lol impatience

lol Casspi

Best player? :/ I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that Ginobili has been our best player for the past 2-3 years, after Duncan's talents have slided.

NO, everyone does not agree that Manu is our best player. Manu can carry this team for 2/3 of the regular season and then he starts to fade and he is always hurt by the time the playoffs come around.

Parker is the Spurs most consistent player over the last 3 years.

You guys fail to remember that most of our success the past 10-12 years was the luck of getting the #1 pick (Tim Duncan). No Duncan, no championships.

Yeah, you're right. No one remembers that. What an insightful comment. You really put everything in perspective for me. Thanks, man.