PDA

View Full Version : Leonard videos...

Hooks
06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Post em' here's one.

_6qiP1zeSY0

Sounds like the SF version of Blair with much better defense of course, on draft express his best case scenario is Marion and worst case is M'Bah A Moute pretty darn good.

Also saw an article that compared him to Gerald Wallace.

DynastySpurs210
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
soo. he's black?

ALVAREZ6
06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
That's a cool video...longer wingspan than Bynum??? DAMN.

BA1GYjD1yHo

kobyz
06-23-2011, 09:57 PM
he is the perfect rebounding SF, that nice, he also has some good allround game, need to improve shooting, i comare him to Marion!

spurtech09
06-23-2011, 09:59 PM
That's a cool video...longer wingspan than Bynum??? DAMN.crazy....

BA1GYjD1yHo

Obstructed_View
06-23-2011, 10:00 PM

BA1GYjD1yHo

Britney Griner has a longer wingspan than Bynum.

lefty
06-23-2011, 10:05 PM
wAJh9CNbzx0

Nathan89
06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
he is the perfect rebounding SF, that nice, he also has some good allround game, need to improve shooting, i comare him to Marion!

He has better form than Marion. That doesn't say much but his shot should definitely be more consistent than Marion.

DesignatedT
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Definitely fills a need. Now get rid of RJ

coachmac87
06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Gerald Wallace clone....England should improve his shot. Also like his footwork and has mastered the midrange game, with range this guy can be pretty good offensively. Not to mention what he already brings on defemse.

EIC
06-24-2011, 12:05 AM
I don't post much on here, preferring instead to lurk for the most part. But I felt compelled to comment on Leonard.

I live in San Diego currently and my boss happens to be a diehard Aztecs fan with court-side seats at half court at Viejas Arena. As a result, I've seen probably a dozen Aztec games over the past two years. And I've watched another dozen or so on TV. Point being, I've seen Leonard play quite a bit. Here are a couple of thoughts:

1) He is an extremely good rebounder. He has a crazy wingspan and gigantic hands, which allow him to gobble up a lot of boards. He was among the best rebounders in college ball. Obviously cannot say if this will translate in the NBA, but he could bring some much needed rebounding.

2) As others have said, he is a defense-first player. He can be counted on to defend well, whether on the perimeter or even in the paint.

3) He is comfortable both in the paint and shooting the J. He can crash the boards or pull up when he needs to. His three-point shooting is not terribly consistent, but he can be counted on to make a few 3s here and there. His midrange jumper is pretty solid.

4) Most importantly, he is a very, very high character guy. Leonard is extremely humble and hardworking. He is not a thug or prima donna. But he is not a pussy, either. He is not afraid to throw down if need be to get a win. He reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan in the attitude department.

For selfish reasons, I am really excited he is a Spur as I like Leonard quite a bit. I really think he'll be a good one for us.

Lastly, his first name is pronounced "Kah-why" just like the Hawaiian island.

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't post much on here, preferring instead to lurk for the most part. But I felt compelled to comment on Leonard.

I live in San Diego currently and my boss happens to be a diehard Aztecs fan with court-side seats at half court at Viejas Arena. As a result, I've seen probably a dozen Aztec games over the past two years. And I've watched another dozen or so on TV. Point being, I've seen Leonard play quite a bit. Here are a couple of thoughts:

1) He is an extremely good rebounder. He has a crazy wingspan and gigantic hands, which allow him to gobble up a lot of boards. He was among the best rebounders in college ball. Obviously cannot say if this will translate in the NBA, but he could bring some much needed rebounding.

2) As others have said, he is a defense-first player. He can be counted on to defend well, whether on the perimeter or even in the paint.

3) He is comfortable both in the paint and shooting the J. He can crash the boards or pull up when he needs to. His three-point shooting is not terribly consistent, but he can be counted on to make a few 3s here and there. His midrange jumper is pretty solid.

4) Most importantly, he is a very, very high character guy. Leonard is extremely humble and hardworking. He is not a thug or prima donna. But he is not a pussy, either. He is not afraid to throw down if need be to get a win. He reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan in the attitude department.

For selfish reasons, I am really excited he is a Spur as I like Leonard quite a bit. I really think he'll be a good one for us.

Nice post. Of all things, you gotta love his attitude. And rebounding is one of those categories that generally translates...rebounding is rebounding.

Spurtacus
06-24-2011, 12:16 AM
6'7 and averages 10 boards a game? Nice. Can he guard the 4 if Spurs go small in certain situations?

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2011, 12:24 AM
wAJh9CNbzx0

damn...dad shot and killed at his car wash in compton, no wonder Kawhi gives the effort like a machine out there.

also, lol Wally Szczerbiak an analyst for cbssports, didn't know that :lol

EIC
06-24-2011, 12:26 AM
6'7 and averages 10 boards a game? Nice. Can he guard the 4 if Spurs go small in certain situations?

I really think so. He plays bigger than his height would lead you to believe because of his wingspan. He will play taller than Blair, that's for sure.

Hooks
06-24-2011, 12:28 AM

Thanks for the info. Do you know what type of scorer he is? I know he can shoot the J from mid range but can he post up? Is he a slasher?

Spurtacus
06-24-2011, 12:28 AM
I really think so. He plays bigger than his height would lead you to believe because of his wingspan. He will play taller than Blair, that's for sure.

That's true :lol

ElNono
06-24-2011, 12:29 AM

BA1GYjD1yHo

Is that Chauncey in that video?

Hooks
06-24-2011, 12:29 AM

Probably. His standing reach is 8'10 and his wingspan is 7'3 which helps him A LOT in guarding PF's. He's also kind of big at 6'7 230. He's only going to get bigger, I've been reading a lot about him and EVERYONE says he's a workout beast, he's always in the gym and always wants to get better. This guy has got a great attitude.

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2011, 12:32 AM

But I hope he really isn't used as a 4 very much at all. His length helps him rebound in college, but I don't know that he can bang with the PFs/Cs for rebounds at 227 lbs, boxing true big men out. Blair on the other hand is athletic and very massive.

I think he is best suited for the SF position and hope he's developed in that area. And I really hope Pop plays Tiago a lot of minutes next to Duncan this season, we need size.

Spurtacus
06-24-2011, 12:34 AM
But I hope he really isn't used as a 4 very much at all. His length helps him rebound in college, but I don't know that he can bang with the PFs/Cs for rebounds at 227 lbs, boxing true big men out. Blair on the other hand is athletic and very massive.

I think he is best suited for the SF position and hope he's developed in that area. And I really hope Pop plays Tiago a lot of minutes next to Duncan this season, we need size.

Duncan/Splitter/Leonard front line would be a force on the glass

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2011, 12:34 AM

haha for sure! good eye, I didn't notice the first time.

EIC
06-24-2011, 12:36 AM

I was thinking the same thing! Billups, is that you?

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah, no doubt. I'm really curious how quickly this guy progresses because of his strong work ethic. From the info posted here and the videos, he seems the guy that loves to work, he's out on a mission every day. I really hope he can give RJ a shot for his money towards end of the year, or at least play a large bench role at the 3. Having him in with Duncan and Splitter would be awesome. Let's also hope Tiago doesn't miss training camp again for any reason, or even Manu. You never know, maybe Manu will come off the bench for 2 minutes per game if he misses it for any reason, like an illness. Because if pop weren't the massive hypocrite douche bag he were, he would pretty much have to.

EIC
06-24-2011, 12:41 AM

Completely agree. That's why I said I wasn't sure how his ability to grab boards would translate in the NBA. In college, he isn't going to get pushed around too much, but it's another thing going up against Bynum, Howard, Perkins, etc. One thing Blair does have on him is sheer mass, like you say.

Fortunately, I don't think we'll play him at the 4. He has a decent handle for a guy his size. I would like to see him improve his range and handling even more and become a solid 3.

As DunParGin said, a line up with Splitter, Duncan, and Leonard would work well.

crc21209
06-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Damn, I'm liking what I'm seeing from this kid in these videos. He looks like like could be a beast both on the defensive end and on the glass....:tu

crc21209
06-24-2011, 12:45 AM

+1. And if Pop wanted to go small I wouldnt mind a TP-Manu-Leonard-Blair-Duncan combo. We know Timmy will rebound, and Blair can rebound with the best of em as well too....

Mr. Body
06-24-2011, 12:55 AM
This guy's rebounding ability is nutty. It's just crazy.

Kawhi Leonard is gonna be a huge fan favorite. We're going to love the fuck out of this guy.

crc21209
06-24-2011, 12:56 AM
This guy's rebounding ability is nutty. It's just crazy.

Kawhi Leonard is gonna be a huge fan favorite. We're going to love the fuck out of this guy.

+1. I was thinking the same thing.....

mystargtr34
06-24-2011, 01:13 AM
:lol at the size of this guys hands.. He is a freak.

GSH
06-24-2011, 01:17 AM

Longer wingspan than Bynum. Greater standing reach than Blake Griffin. Same standing reach as Kevin Love.

He scored a lot down low, with his back to the basket in college. I don't think he'll be able to do that in the NBA, but who knows? In the combine, he had a crappy vertical (32") and standing vertical (25"), and his lane agility drill sucked. But I've read several reports that it was a fluke, and that he didn't get any warmup before those measurements.

The big question mark is who he's going to defend. If he defends shooters, he's not going to be getting all those boards. But can he defend much heavier, stronger 4's? Wouldn't it be a bitch if he turns out to defend opposing 4's better than Blair, and rebound like him too?

One thing I liked was that he was very well spoken in the interviews. Spurs always make sure their players have brains as well as talent.

Mugen
06-24-2011, 01:24 AM
reminds me a lot of Gerald Wallace, hope he pans out.

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Sick!

5hnxHnc5hNg

Man In Black
06-24-2011, 01:28 AM
He rarely used a back to the basket game here at SDSU when I watched him. He was more of an attack off the dribble pull-up jumper player or a bull rush with skill to the rim dunker.

I know he's not going to play the 4 but I point out, that when Bowen was here, he guarded the likes of Nowitzki, Odom, and LeBron James. If we get that from Leonard, that makes this move not only an inspired one, but an intelligent one as well.

TE
06-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Sick!

5hnxHnc5hNg

Damn.

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Damn.

That's probably what the ball handler thought when he tried passing it by Leonard and his retardedly long arms and hands snagged that shit out of the arm. His length and hustle will definitely tighten those passing lanes.

Nathan89
06-24-2011, 01:36 AM
TMZi25Pq3T8

I like the trade because I am tired of the Lakers having size advantages all over the court. It's time for us to get some size.

Fireball
06-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Looks like this guy could bring the right kind of excitement to SA ... now please let there be no lockout

lefty
06-24-2011, 02:29 AM
damn...dad shot and killed at his car wash in compton, no wonder Kawhi gives the effort like a machine out there.

also, lol Wally Szczerbiak an analyst for cbssports, didn't know that :lol

I was shocked to see Alaa Abdelnaby :lol

sehui
06-24-2011, 02:49 AM
I can't wait to see this guy play, he shows a lot of promise!

++SaiNt TiAg0++
06-24-2011, 03:39 AM
aww mann i wanted to come in here all pissed off and talk shit about pop throwing away our only solid defender, but it looks like all the GMs around the league are pissed that this guy fell out of the top ten no less to the spurs.

lol wow it may sound dumb but having those hands made mj who mj was im not saying this kid is mj im saying he's got a clear DOUBLE advantage wingspan/hands over 99% of the nba making him a very dangerous player

++SaiNt TiAg0++
06-24-2011, 03:42 AM
another fucking awesome advantage to this draft pick is since my real name is Leonard, i can now buy an official jersey with my name ...kinda dumb but hey im excited

angelbelow
06-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Too bad we wont have have summer league this year. wanted to attend again..

Russ
06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Getting this guy for the laconic Hill is a revelation.

Leonard is like Paul George last year. A lesser-known guy who moved up during the draft process. USA Today's mock, the morning of the draft, had him going at #6.

This draft may be talked about for years as a turning point like those early 2000's drafts in the past.

alamo50
06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Can't wait to see this kid play alongside Timmy.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Getting this guy for the laconic Hill is a revelation.

Leonard is like Paul George last year. A lesser-known guy who moved up during the draft process. USA Today's mock, the morning of the draft, had him going at #6.

This draft may be talked about for years as a turning point like those early 2000's drafts in the past.

pacers are said to be building around paul george and granger has always been on the trading block

now with kawhi, does he have the offensive game like paul george, damn if only he had the slick moves of prime tmac, he be unstoppable

Mr. Body
06-24-2011, 09:40 AM
damn if only he had the slick moves of prime tmac, he be unstoppable

lol. yeah, if only.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
32inch vertical only without trying

wonder what his real measurements be if he had a warmup?

cause looking at those high light videos, looks like his not trying on those dunks, as long the ball goes in its 2pts anyway

MaNu4Tres
06-24-2011, 09:45 AM
San Diego State coach Steve Fisher
"Kawhi compares favorably with players we have had in the past who have had a reputation and then lived up to the reputation. He came in as 'Mr. Basketball' in the state of California, and from day one nobody worked harder. He is a gym rat who is constantly trying to get better, which is why from year one to year two he was significantly better and determined to get even better as he goes along. Huge hands, pursues the ball like no other player that I've coached. When he gets his hands on the ball, he will usually get it. He's a hard guard because he can score on the bounce, he's good with the ball, he can post you up and he's just good enough to where you're hesitant to back off him and give him an open shot from the perimeter, he's a very, very good player."

What Outsiders Say:
Northern Colorado coach B.J. Hill
"He's a deadly combination of size, athleticism, and motor. You don't really see guys that are 6-7, 225 have his skill set and play with the tenacity that he does for every second that he is out there. I mean, he is what all coaches dream of. A lot of times you can get little guards at 5-10, 5-11 that play like that. But to find a 6-7 guy with that skill set and that energy is awfully hard to find. And that's why he is the type of player he is and can do the things he does."

Temple coach Fran Dunphy
"Leonard is a very versatile guy. He can step away from the basket, make shots. He is very good at posting up. He is good at running the floor. He is good at finishing plays at the rim. He is a tough match-up."

Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun
"He's multi-dimensional forward who can do so many things. He likes to handle the ball. He can shoot it. He gets double-doubles. He's a match-up problem from day one."

MaNu4Tres
06-24-2011, 09:48 AM
From an article of the Washington Post:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/kawhi-leonard-hoping-to-go-high-in-nba-draft/2011/05/31/AGrE2NFH_blog.html

He has been working hard on improving his ballhandling and his jumper by finding the proper balance on his release and landing. “I want to do a lot of things on the court. I just want to be a complete basketball player. Dribble, pass, shoot, be a leader, play defense, block shots, steals. I’m trying to do it all,” Leonard said. “I think my comparison would be like to one of the throwback type of players. James Worthy, versatile, could do a lot of stuff on the court.”

And, while he is still considered a tweener, Leonard his rapid ascension since declaring for the draft has only pushed him to get better and go higher. “It’s not really overwhelming at all for me. If you’re working hard, good things are going to come from it. You just can’t get caught up in all the hype and what people say around you,” Leonard said. “I’m just out here working hard, trying to get picked. I want to be a high pick and a lot of hard work comes with that. I just want to be a player in the NBA.”

Mr. Body
06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
James Worthy reference from this guy. Awesome. He's already my favorite (non-Manu, non-Duncan) Spur.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM
tweener? must get him on the eddy curry diet

ohmwrecker
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Gotta get rid of Bonner so the kid can wear #15.

NASpurs
06-24-2011, 10:10 AM
He's also 19 going on 20. He may not be done growing yet and with him being so damn young, the sky is the limit for this kid.

So long George, helloooooooo Kawhi!

This might be that tweener three that we've coveted for so long.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 10:12 AM
He's also 19 going on 20. He's not done growing yet and with him being so damn young, the sky is the limit for this kid.

So long George, helloooooooo Kawhi!

if he can grow to 6'8-6'9, improve shooting anywhere on the floor?

move over lebronze, time for the real deal

NASpurs
06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
smh so im guessing every one is jut going to ignore the fact he said he wants to be a 2 not 3 in the second video .....

Except that Pop doesn't give a shit what he wants. This is Pop we're talking about here.

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
smh so im guessing every one is jut going to ignore the fact he said he wants to be a 2 not 3 in the second video .....

smh... so I'm guessing you're just going to make up the fact that he didn't say he wants to be a 2 but that he can play the 2 and 3 in the NBAe.

Man In Black
06-24-2011, 10:43 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jun/23/sdsus-leonard-taken-15th-indiana/

The other: How many guys pegged for the top 10 end up on a team that won 61 games last season and will instantly contend for an NBA championship?

“He’s going to a phenomenal franchise that, like Kawhi, is a winner,” said SDSU coach Steve Fisher, who attended the 60-pick draft at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. “I think he will fit in beautifully there.”

“There” is San Antonio, which traded for Leonard’s rights after the Indiana Pacers selected him with the 15th pick. It’s a franchise that has won four NBA titles since 1999 and finished with the league’s second-best record last season at 61-21.

It’s also a franchise with a history of not making many mistakes on draft day.

In addition to Leonard, the Spurs got the 42nd pick and the rights to 2005 draft pick Erazem Lorbek, a 6-10 center from Slovenia who currently plays in Spain. The Pacers got guard George Hill, an Indianapolis native who started 43 games for the Spurs two seasons ago and was being groomed as the heir apparent to point Tony Parker.

It was the first time in Gregg Popovich’s nearly 20 years as Spurs coach or general manager that he traded up in the first round to get a player.

“They love George Hill, the San Antonio Spurs do,” said ESPN analyst and former NBA head coach Jeff Van Gundy. “So they must double-love Kawhi Leonard. I mean, they must really see something in him because of their belief in George Hill, and George Hill has played well there.

“But when San Antonio does a deal, I always think they’re right because more often than not – Manu Ginobili in the second round, Tony Parker late first round – they do a great job of evaluating players.”

Added Spurs general manager R.C. Buford of Leonard: “He led a team at SDSU that had little to no success and took them to one of the top rankings in the country.”

Way to go Kawhi!!!

KA-WHY will go KABOOM on opposing teams.

coachmac87
06-24-2011, 10:50 AM

Yeah that won't happen..But its good he wants to be a sg, because he seems willing to improve his offensive game. If this guy can improve his range he WILL be a solid player in this league for a long time.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah that won't happen..But its good he wants to be a sg, because he seems willing to improve his offensive game. If this guy can improve his range he WILL be a solid player in this league for a long time.

if he can improve his shooting touch midrange to 20ft? latrell sprewell? his already a jumping jack...

Canibspur
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I can feel it. James Anderson and Kawhi Leonard are going to become the best 2-3 tandem the Spurs have ever had. Just wait and see! Everyone is gonna wonder how we did it with the #20 and #15 picks and only giving up a guy who we drafted late in the first round years ago when nobody thought he should have went even that early.

Hey throw in Ryan Richards and the Spurs may have come up with the most unlikely "triplets" ever. Get excited people!

Ace
06-24-2011, 12:56 PM

:lmao

Maddog
06-24-2011, 01:04 PM

:lmao

The best he could aspire to would be a 30 minute decision special
Not a full hour

Ace
06-24-2011, 01:08 PM
The best he could aspire to would be a 30 minute decision special
Not a full hour

The best he could aspire is to actually become an NBA player, much less even be compared to a top 3 player.

Ginobilly
06-24-2011, 02:44 PM
can't wait to see him run the break with Manu and Tony!

Parker
Ginobili
Leonard
Duncan
Splitter

should be the starting lineup.

and the bench

Joseph
Anderson
Jefferson
Bonner
Blair/scrub bigman

I want the season to start already!

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
The best he could aspire is to actually become an NBA player, much less even be compared to a top 3 player.

Top three player at not doing shit in the playoffs when it mattered?

I'd Richard Jefferson over "Finals" Lebron.

SourCandy
06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Definitely fills a need. Now get rid of RJ

good luck with that unload.

deibero
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Parker
Ginobili
Leonard
Duncan
Splitter

and the bench

Joseph
Anderson
Jefferson
Bonner
Blair/scrub bigman

you are forgetting neal, probably your 6th man!

The Btown Spur
06-24-2011, 03:03 PM
He has better form than Marion. That doesn't say much but his shot should definitely be more consistent than Marion.

He certainly has better shooting form than Marion. I cringe whenever i see Sean Marion shoot a jump shot

Ginobilly
06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
you are forgetting neal, probably your 6th man!

forgot about him!

I feel really good about this years team. Yes!!! Pop is going to be forced to play rookies like he did in 03. And Holt, please close your check book now before Pop decides to sign some old cheap broken down vets for the minimum and plays them instead of splitter, Leonard and Corey.

EIC
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
He certainly has better shooting form than Marion. I cringe whenever i see Sean Marion shoot a jump shot

Same here. The NBA needs to do one of those talking-basketball commercials where the ball explains how badly it sucks to be shot by Marion.

Solid D
06-24-2011, 03:44 PM

Parker
Ginobili
Leonard
Duncan
Splitter

and the bench

Joseph
Anderson
Jefferson
Bonner
Blair/scrub bigman

If Blair is around for the next season, I would think he would play with Duncan with Splitter coming off the bench. Pop considers Timmy and Tiago both as Centers.

With that said...I would think if Ginobili, Leonard and Blair are on the floor at the same time...no loose ball will stay loose for long. Talk about ball hawks!

temujin
06-24-2011, 04:06 PM
In this thread I read the following on this 20 years old kid.

Better shooter than Marion.
Shoots like Sprewell.
Bynumish (but with larger wingspan).
Blairish (but better on defense).
Gerald Wallace.

The kid has yet to play in a meaningful basketball game.
We all know the kid will be obviously rottening on the bench as a rookie,
behind RJ and Anderson,
at least as long as Popovich doesn't join Sloan and Jackson.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Ginobilly
06-24-2011, 04:15 PM

Shoots like Sprewell.
Gerald Wallace.

behind RJ and Anderson,

This is what has me worried!:depressed
I somehow wish that both RJ and Bonner tear their ACL at the beginning of the year, so that Pop is forced to play both Splitter and Leonard in the starting lineup.

lefty
06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
James Worthy reference from this guy. Awesome. He's already my favorite (non-Manu, non-Duncan) Spur.
Perseonally, the refreshing thing about Leonard is that he is not modeling his game after Jordan/Kobe/Lebron/Wade like most kids, but after James Worthy http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/applaud.gif

Very interesting, and Worthy was a matchup nightmare; experts think that Leonard can play either SF or PF (like Worthy)

Ace
06-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Top three player at not doing shit in the playoffs when it mattered?

I'd Richard Jefferson over "Finals" Lebron.

Heat made it to the finals. Spurs got knocked out the first round by the 8th seed. Spurs won't even sniff the finals again, enjoy Richard Jefferson...

k_nguyen93
06-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Chad talks to Kawhi about his improved shooting, work ethic, and hands.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6534258

izMdTSLc9XU
rQ4TMxUxAHs
rxXxqrYI5Mo

ChumpDumper
06-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Heat made it to the finals. Spurs got knocked out the first round by the 8th seed. Spurs won't even sniff the finals again, enjoy Richard Jefferson...lol Heat

k_nguyen93
06-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Haslem + Miller + Anthony = $13-15mil together :lmao

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-24-2011, 06:16 PM

He said he wants to also play the 2, but I think he meant he wants to be able to play like a 2 as well as his awesome abilities to play the 3. Don't be mad because The Lakers spent all 4 of their second round picks on ridiculous aborigines players. ;]

Cane
06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Cool videos, hard not to be a fan of this guy when you see his background and game.

And lol Miami Heat.

Interrohater
06-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Heat made it to the finals. Spurs got knocked out the first round by the 8th seed. Spurs won't even sniff the finals again, enjoy Richard Jefferson...
Both the Spurs and Heat won the same amount of championships this year. They don't give out trophies for "also-ran"s or "honorable mention"

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:22 AM

It looks like he's modeled his look after Allen Iverson, biggest prima donna to ever play the game.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2011, 01:25 AM
It looks like he's modeled his look after Allen Iverson, biggest prima donna to ever play the game.

lol fail

think of sprewell or jax man...

now imagine if he has his hands around pop for coachin mistakes :D

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:31 AM

Shoots like Sprewell.
Gerald Wallace.

behind RJ and Anderson,

You left out the Lebron James comparison. That should complete the list of overhyped comparisons.

Just a random thought, I wonder if he'll take up the powder-toss since Lebron isn't doing it anymore.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2011, 01:50 AM
seems he mad?

no he sad

jesterbobman
06-25-2011, 02:24 AM
I think in the DX workout video he's saying that he's a 3, but he's working on his skills to play the 2 as well, particularly range on his shot and ball handling.

scottspurs
06-25-2011, 02:45 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/06/22/draft.prospects/1.html

Here is what SI had to say about Leonard that has me pumped:

Kawhi Leonard, 6-7 sophomore forward, San Diego State. The kid is a complete gym rat. They say he's going into the gym at night, getting janitors to open the place up for him, so he's going to work hard to get better. I heard during a workout in Washington he just destroyed Jordan Hamilton. About halfway through, Hamilton quit because he couldn't get his shot off. [Hamilton told reporters that he felt dizzy during the June 7 workout.] Leonard's shooting is a huge concern because at the end of the day when the ball gets swung to the corner, you have to make open shots. Yes, he's a great athlete, but those guys tend to do better in track and field. The last time I checked, that scoreboard keeps track of points.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 04:47 AM

You left out the Lebron James comparison. That should complete the list of overhyped comparisons.

Just a random thought, I wonder if he'll take up the powder-toss since Lebron isn't doing it anymore.lol agenda

k_nguyen93
06-25-2011, 03:08 PM
wIA7K2UN6Dw

rs4pf-h5EzU

Keep Tony away from his mom!
Z76ccWfcNH4

ZQqjsVuv7fg

k_nguyen93
06-25-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/16/aztecs-videos-kawhi-leonard/