View Full Version : Spurs cant be done yet

The_Worlds_finest
06-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Splitter/bonner
Duncan/blair
RJ/anderson/leonard
Manu /neal/leonard?
Parker/joseph?

Only thing I can think of is Duncan take a pay cut and get some more help, or Duncan opt out and leave

I Heart Ginobili
06-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Anderson would play the 2. I was thinking the same thing about pg. Honestly who would play backup pg? It couldn't be Corey, pop would never trust this guy with minutes just yet. It wouldn't be neal and dare i say it quinn. i feel another trade coming...

Arc
06-24-2011, 12:02 AM
we still have green, butler, novak and quinn. the only interesting one out of that bunch to me is butler.

i'm sure splitter will play a lot of minutes this year. yay.

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Since RC said they're gonna try and get better via trades, then there's probably another one coming.

5in10
06-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Parker/Joseph
Manu/Anderson/Neal
Leonard/RJ/Butler
Splitter/Blair/leonard//Bonner
Duncan/Splitter

ALVAREZ6
Splitter/bonner
Duncan/blair
RJ/anderson/leonard
Manu /neal/anderson
Parker/joseph?

fixed. and anderson will be good, I could see him and Neal splitting time pretty evenly.

ChumpDumper
Of course they aren't done.

It's June.

ElNono
06-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Anderson would play the 2. I was thinking the same thing about pg. Honestly who would play backup pg? It couldn't be Corey, pop would never trust this guy with minutes just yet. It wouldn't be neal and dare i say it quinn. i feel another trade coming...

IMO, the backcourt rotation right now most likely would be: Tony/Neal start, Manu/Anderson backup. If Anderson is not really cutting it, you could play Corey/Manu as backup for small stretches, and we're likely to close games with Tony/Manu. I only see Corey playing if Manu/Tony need some extended rest or somebody is hurt.

CGD
06-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Now that we clearly can't trade TP, we're kind of stuck. Blair is probably our "best" trade asset right now. I agree out best bet is TD restructuring his deal to give us some cap space.

Separately, I would be really happy if we can pick up a FA big like Pryzbilla.

I Heart Ginobili
06-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Honestly I think we are way beyond relegating Manu back to the bench, he is about to be 34 and there is just no way hes gonna start coming off the bench again. In theory it makes sense to get more scoring from the bench now that Hill is gone, but i think Anderson/Neal will be able to fill that void.

SenorSpur
06-24-2011, 12:14 AM
As much as I credit the Spurs for pulling off Hill trade in exchange for Leonard, it's really unfortunate for them that they were not able to secure a PF. I have to believe that the Spurs were eyeing PF JaJuan Johnson . He made the most sense at that pick - that is until Nets GM Billy King and the Lil General stepped in and ruined the night.

Spurtacus
06-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Now that we clearly can't trade TP, we're kind of stuck. Blair is probably our "best" trade asset right now. I agree out best bet is TD restructuring his deal to give us some cap space.

Separately, I would be really happy if we can pick up a FA big like Pryzbilla.

We can trade TP but nobody wants him with RJ. I don't believe we need to do anymore deals. There should be some decent bigs out there we can pursue in free agency.

ElNono
06-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Honestly I think we are way beyond relegating Manu back to the bench, he is about to be 34 and there is just no way hes gonna start coming off the bench again. In theory it makes sense to get more scoring from the bench now that Hill is gone, but i think Anderson/Neal will be able to fill that void.

Maybe we'll try for a month or two to see if Corey can run the team. Maybe we'll trade for a vet PG that can play backup. I was just pointing out what I think the rotation would look like with the players we have right now.

Spurtacus
06-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Lineup doesn't exactly scream awesome but its full of youth.

C: Splitter/Richards/FA
PF: Duncan/Blair/Bonner
SF: Jefferson/Butler/Leonard
SG: Ginobili/Neal/Anderson
PG: Parker/Joseph/FA

Ditty
06-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Pretty sure Spurs will use Mcdyess contract before July 1 to get a big man, but I'm pissed we didn't get JaJuan Johnson :(.

Hoops Czar
06-24-2011, 12:52 AM
As much as I credit the Spurs for pulling off Hill trade in exchange for Leonard, it's really unfortunate for them that they were not able to secure a PF. I have to believe that the Spurs were eyeing PF JaJuan Johnson . He made the most sense at that pick - that is until Nets GM Billy King and the Lil General stepped in and ruined the night.

If this trade was going down, the Spurs should have traded for the pick and not the player.

Biggems
06-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Hopefully we can get Malcolm Thomas as a UDFA.

EIC
06-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Hopefully we can get Malcolm Thomas as a UDFA.

That would be a dream come true. Thomas is a gem. And him and Kawhi have obvious chemistry. Man, I hope that happens.

Mr. Body
06-24-2011, 01:06 AM
we still have green, butler, novak and quinn. the only interesting one out of that bunch to me is butler.

Agree. Completely marginal players, but I'm interested in Butler. He was a gritty, tough player before his college injury.

Russo21
06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
As long as we have Bonner, Blair and RJ we are fucked

ChumpDumper
06-24-2011, 02:49 AM
:cry

Thompson
06-24-2011, 02:53 AM
C: Splitter / Richards / Lorbeck?
PF: Duncan / Blair / Bonner
SF: Leonard / Jefferson / Butler
SG: Anderson / Ginobili / Neal
PG: Parker / Joseph / Quinn

If Leonard performs well enough and we can get rid of Jefferson, Anderson can move up to backup 3 and Ginobili and Neal will cover the 2.

The C position would be a little untested; maybe that could be a good thing to prevent Pop from sticking with a grizzled veteran until it was too late.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 04:23 AM
i be pissed if pop forces neal to be point like aka mason final season here....it be fkn stupid...

to get rid of jefferson, i think we must take on a bad contract :(

Mal
06-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Splitter/bonner
Duncan/blair
RJ/anderson/leonard
Manu /neal/leonard?
Parker/joseph?

Only thing I can think of is Duncan take a pay cut and get some more help, or Duncan opt out and leave

This aint championship team. Maybe by trading Hill, and moving RJ to bench, Spurs made a step to getting him back on right track.

Texas_Ranger
06-24-2011, 06:32 AM
They should get Lorbek and Richards here.

Splitter/Lorbek/Richards
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Jefferson/Leonard/Green
Ginobili/Neal/Anderson
Parker/Joseph/Quinn

Thats 15 players. I'd love to see RJ and Bonner gone, but I guess that won't hapen... I'd also like to trade Blair for a Center or a PF and sign a backup PG.
If Lorbek and Richards won't come thn we're screwed.... Watching Bonner play 25 minutes woluld make me sick...again.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 06:36 AM
isnt novak and quinn still on the roster,

must move bonner and rj seriously....

ChumpDumper
06-24-2011, 06:36 AM
They should get Lorbek and Richards here.

Splitter/Lorbek/Richards
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Jefferson/Leonard/Green
Ginobili/Neal/Anderson
Parker/Joseph/Quinn

Thats 15 players. I'd love to see RJ and Bonner gone, but I guess that won't hapen... I'd also like to trade Blair for a Center or a PF and sign a backup PG.
If Lorbek and Richards won't come thn we're screwed.... Watching Bonner play 25 minutes woluld make me sick...again.Lorbek probably isn't coming and Richard isn't going to play anywhere but Austin if he signs.

Big men will likely come from free agency or trades.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2011, 06:41 AM
isnt novak and quinn still on the rosterFree agents according to Sham.

Texas_Ranger
06-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Lorbek probably isn't coming and Richard isn't going to play anywhere but Austin if he signs.

Big men will likely come from free agency or trades.

Yea I know. :(

I'm sorry to hear that cause Lorbek really is a great center... If Splitter and Lorbek were on the same team in Europe it would be the best big man combo over there.

And Richards could be just the new Mahinmi.