PDA

View Full Version : International Prospect: Erazem Lorbek

Pages : [1] 2

benefactor
06-24-2011, 06:04 AM
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/erazem-lorbek-euroleague-mvp.jpg

H: 6'11
W: 242
DOB: 2/22/84

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Erazem-Lorbek-30/

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=BWL

Bruno
06-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Lorbek will play for Barcelona in 2011-2012 :
http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=77011

In any case, the lockout would have made it very hard to sign him this summer. In 2012, he will be 28 years old and a free agent. It will be time for him to decide if he wants to come in the NBA.

Darkwaters
06-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Depending on what we do this year, he might be a good target next summer. If he passes us by next year then theres really no point in discussing him further.

mountainballer
06-24-2011, 07:58 AM
news from today:

Regal Barca extends Erazem Lorbek - Jun 24, 2011 (by Eurobasket News)

Erazem Lorbek (209-F/C-84, college: Michigan St.) will stay with Regal Barca. The Slovenian buy signed a one-year contract extension with the club.
Erazem Lorbek finished 2010/11 season in style. Lorbek and his Barca won the ACB title with perfect 3-0. They blasted Bilbao in the Finals with two home and one road victory. Lorbek exploded in Game One with 24 points and 7 rebounds, while he also had 9 pts and 5 rebs in Game two, plus 7 pts and 6 rebs in Game Three. Lorbek joined Regal Barca in 2009 from CSKA Moscow. He appeared 40 times in ACB this season averaging 8.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.3 assists. He also added 8.5 ppg and 3.7 rpg for 20 Euroleague games.
Regal Barca signed Chuck Eidson few days ago and extended Pete Mickeal. Alan Anderson and Terence Morris will leave the club.
http://www.eurobasket.com/Euroleague/basketball.asp?NewsID=230236

I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or if there has already been some conversation with the Spurs.
maybe that they are not interested this season (b/c they have 4 bigs under contract, not counting Dice), but that they will try 2012?
(why did he extend for just one year? he is 27 and was very successful in Barcelona. I'm sure they offered more years)
at 28 it would be the likely last chance. can't tell if he would fit, but I would love to at least see him for one season in the Bonner role with the spurs.

Mr. Body
06-24-2011, 09:44 AM
My gut says he's not a fit and won't see the NBA - just a different sort of game. But not a bad asset to have, regardless.

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
news from today:

I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or if there has already been some conversation with the Spurs.
maybe that they are not interested this season (b/c they have 4 bigs under contract, not counting Dice), but that they will try 2012?
(why did he extend for just one year? he is 27 and was very successful in Barcelona. I'm sure they offered more years)
at 28 it would be the likely last chance. can't tell if he would fit, but I would love to at least see him for one season in the Bonner role with the spurs.

He signed, or agreed to sign, this extension a couple of days ago actually.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Wouldn't be a great idea for Lorbek to leave a gig like Barca at this point. It's kind of encouraging the extension is only for one season, but I won't hold my breath.

Bruno
09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen all the Slovenia NT games but I've been disappointed with Lorbek this summer. While he wasn't horrible, he had very little impact and didn't stood out among other player. He was far from the level he had at the 2009 Eurobasket.

taps
09-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Served his purpose, thanks for Leonard.

Roger Freemason Jr.
09-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Kind of looks like the bad guy from Quantum of Solace.

mountainballer
11-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Euroleague update.
Lorbek is looking pretty good in the first weeks of Euroleague play. still not rebounding much, but averaging 17PPG on absolutely sick 72% FG and 87% 3s. (7-8 attempts). not so good: got to the line two times. in 4 games. guy has as much contact as Adrian Monk.

yavozerb
11-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Anyone know if he is eligible to come over this season?

DPG21920
11-26-2011, 12:23 PM
He's under contract currently, so not unless there is a buyout.

5in10
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
So do we know if there is a buyout?

ChuckD
11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
So do we know if there is a buyout?

He's in the first season of his contract, halfway through, actually. I doubt if anyone EVER has a mid season buyout provision.

He's not playing in SA anytime soon, if ever.

Bruno
11-26-2011, 05:36 PM
AFAIK, Lorbek is in the last year of his contract. There were some talks about an extension but it never happens.

monkeypunk
12-05-2011, 10:45 PM
He's currently shooting 62% from 3, 70% from 2 for 18 a game.

When is the Euroleague season over?

MR.SILVER&BLack
12-06-2011, 01:30 AM
so is their a chance he can be in a spurs uniform this year? Lorbek & splitter off the bench would be awsome. would still want RJ, blair, & bonner moved for a starter big tho.

ChuckD
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM
He's.
Playing.
In.
Europe.

MR.SILVER&BLack
12-06-2011, 06:54 PM
He's.
Playing.
In.
Europe.
where the rug season ends before the NBA reg season starts. so i ask again is their a chance he could be signed sometime this season. :king

TimmehC
12-06-2011, 09:11 PM
where the rug season ends before the NBA reg season starts. so i ask again is their a chance he could be signed sometime this season. :king

The team he's playing for is going to be playing well into the playoffs, both in Euroleague(where the first group round will end in a few weeks) and in Spain, where the reg season still has about 3 months left. So, no, he's not coming this year.

monkeypunk
12-06-2011, 09:17 PM
The team he's playing for is going to be playing well into the playoffs, both in Euroleague(where the first group round will end in a few weeks) and in Spain, where the reg season still has about 3 months left. So, no, he's not coming this year.

Hooray for straight answers!

Thx Timmeh, :toast

Obstructed_View
12-13-2011, 11:14 AM
His Wikipedia article says that he's got a buyout to go to the NBA in his third year of the contract, which would be now. If he didn't sign an extension then that means he's available.

sinok
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Buyout clauses for such players are usually limited to off seasons. So that the team does not loose valuable assets during championships...

Bruno
01-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Lorbek is having a great season, especially in the Euroleague:

I would say he has been the second best Euroleague big behind Krstic. I would rather have Lorbek than Blair and Bonner.

jesterbobman
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM
High percentage shooting (Ridiculously high percentage), decent rebounds, and virtually no turnovers. Also, hard to see reasons fit wise that he wouldn't see the floor.

Definitely want to see him come over next year. A contract similar to Splitters deal would be good.

Darkwaters
01-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Any idea what his going rate would be next season? I'd love to sign him up.

Bruno
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
If Spurs are below the cap, the full room exception ($5.3M/2years) should be enough to get Lorbek. He should be a little cheaper to get than Splitter because he will be a free agent and won't have a buyout.

Darkwaters
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Splitter's contract this year is in the 3.6M range. How is Lorbek cheaper than Splitter if you're talking about 5.3M?

Bruno
01-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Splitter's contract this year is in the 3.6M range. How is Lorbek cheaper than Splitter if you're talking about 5.3M?

It's $5.3M for the two years ($2.6M for the first one, and $2.7M for the second one).

Redshadows
01-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Lorbek is having a great season, especially in the Euroleague:

I would say he has been the second best Euroleague big behind Krstic. I would rather have Lorbek than Blair and Bonner.
Wow, he could shout from 3pt line? Pop would like him.
Hopefully the Spurs could pack Bonner/Blair and the first round pick together to get a higher pick.

mountainballer
01-23-2012, 05:52 AM
It's $5.3M for the two years ($2.6M for the first one, and $2.7M for the second one).

I think this contract would be appropriate.

(I can see him ask for something like 3 years / 10-11 million, similar to Splitter, but this is to much IMO.)

TimmehC
01-23-2012, 10:32 AM
If Spurs are below the cap, the full room exception ($5.3M/2years) should be enough to get Lorbek. He should be a little cheaper to get than Splitter because he will be a free agent and won't have a buyout.

Is this more than he makes at Barca?

xellos88330
01-24-2012, 03:03 PM
High percentage shooting (Ridiculously high percentage), decent rebounds, and virtually no turnovers. Also, hard to see reasons fit wise that he wouldn't see the floor.

Definitely want to see him come over next year. A contract similar to Splitters deal would be good.

I am actually pretty interested in the fouls recieved category. Seems like he can draw a foul.

angelbelow
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I haven't really followed him or this thread but sounds like he could have been potentially helpful this season.

At the age 28 (maybe 29 if we decide to consider him next season?) I don't expect him to demand anything less than 3 million a year. This will probably be his biggest and longest contract with a NBA team so hes going to want to milk it.

Texas_Ranger
01-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Just owned Maccabi Tel Aviv... In my opinion the best PF/C in Europe right now.

Bruno
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Just owned Maccabi Tel Aviv... In my opinion the best PF/C in Europe right now.

Yep, he was great in the clutch time. :tu

angelbelow
01-30-2012, 04:32 AM
Yep, he was great in the clutch time. :tu

Great to hear..

Since it looks like the Spurs are gearing up for a big FA signing, Lorbek is probably a back up plan right now. Don't expect the spurs to land a big time free agent so I'm expecting them to split the 10 million (?) available for several players. Do we know what Lorbek's interest in the NBA/Spurs looks like?

Bruno
01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Since it looks like the Spurs are gearing up for a big FA signing, Lorbek is probably a back up plan right now.

Disagree.
Spurs first option should be to sign a big FA and Lorbek with either the remaining cap room or the room exception.
A PF/C rotation of Duncan, FA, Splitter and Lorbek would be great.

Do we know what Lorbek's interest in the NBA/Spurs looks like?

Lorbek said his rights being traded to SA has renew his interest in going to the NBA. Saying that, it's fully possible that he decides to finally stay in Europe.

8FOR!3
01-30-2012, 12:40 PM
2 questions. When is he eligible to come over to the NBA? And is there a decent chance (if at all) that he does come over this season?

Mal
01-30-2012, 12:48 PM
2 questions. When is he eligible to come over to the NBA? And is there a decent chance (if at all) that he does come over this season?

Wikipedia via some spanish site, tells that he could leave Barca for NBA after this season. His 3yrs contract with Barcelona is due to expire after this season.

I think it is his last chance to go to NBA. When he will be 30 years old , he may not get chance. It is low risk for him, becasue whenever he wants to return to Europe, there will be plenty of them willing to sign him right after.

8FOR!3
01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
But when does the season with Barcelona end?

dylankerouac
01-30-2012, 01:04 PM
https://www.koobin.com/euroleague/index.php

They are 2 games in the season so far (standings link), the next game is played at the beginning of Feb.

Says the final games will be played May 11 and 13th so their season being over is quite a ways off.

CGD
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
The more I see of this player, the more I am impressed. Thanks for the insight. Could anyone shed light on his defense? From the videos and conversation here I still dont have a sense (looks slow?).

If he comes, you have to think Bonner is on his way out, and that Blair moves to a more appropriate role as energizer off the bench.

Bruno
01-30-2012, 01:41 PM

May or June.

It will likely be in June because Barcelona should go far in the Spanish league playoffs.

angelbelow
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Disagree.
Spurs first option should be to sign a big FA and Lorbek with either the remaining cap room or the room exception.
A PF/C rotation of Duncan, FA, Splitter and Lorbek would be great.

Poor wording on my part but I meant to say what you said. Because I don't expect us to make a splash on a 10-12 million single player contract, I think we'll see the money split into multiple players. And from what I'm reading in this thread, Lorbek is definitely a nice option.

jesterbobman
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I definitely think Lorbek should be in the plans. If TD just retires, amnesty RJ then try to sign Hibbert or some similar quality big(or rather, give an offer sheet and see it matched) and sign Lorbek as the 3rd/4th big.

If TD stays, signing two bigs, one of them being Lorbek would be a good option. (Diaw, Bass sort of player, in terms of quality/salary) as the other.

elemento
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
In the end and if he comes, i think he will be here in the wrong time. We desperately need him now, not in 1 or 2 years.

Too bad

mystargtr34
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I would love for Lorbek to come over and complete our bigman rotation. But he may have second thoughts about coming to the Spurs after seeing how Tiago was treated during his rookie season. Something tells me he may not want to risk being benched his rookie season especially at this stage of his career?

yavozerb
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I would love for Lorbek to come over and complete our bigman rotation. But he may have second thoughts about coming to the Spurs after seeing how Tiago was treated during his rookie season. Something tells me he may not want to risk being benched his rookie season especially at this stage of his career?

:lol, pop is a legend and players all over the world want to play for him. There are some who do not seem to think Pop is a good coach and most of them post here on ST :lol..

Mal
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
https://www.koobin.com/euroleague/index.php

They are 2 games in the season so far (standings link), the next game is played at the beginning of Feb.

Says the final games will be played May 11 and 13th so their season being over is quite a ways off.

They are like 16 games into Euroleague season. There was a 1 phase when Barcelona played 14 games. They are now in Top 16 phase, when there is 6 games to be played. Then Elite 8 phase, with 4 pairs in best of 3 or 5 formula. And after that there is Final Four, with 2 games for each team. Beside that`s there is Spanish League with plenty of games left. Euroleague season will end with this Final Four tournament, which Barcelona is suppose to attend. The Spanish league season will end late in June. And that`s all for Lorbek, cause Slovenia wont play in Olympic Qualifications.

Texas_Ranger
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
After 3Q 17 points against Zalgiris.

mountainballer
02-02-2012, 05:01 PM
game over. Barca wins 94-80. Lorbek with 19 points (7-10 FG), once more best player of the game.

ace3g
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM
how many rebounds?

mountainballer
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
5 rebounds. might be a career high.

Texas_Ranger
02-02-2012, 05:39 PM
With 5 rebounds per game he's still the team leader. Barcelona's got a lot of good PF/C, so it's normal his numbers are down. Right now the best PF in Europe, Spurs should really get his ass here.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Teletovic? please. He's Bonner.

Kirilenko I'll give you.

mystargtr34
02-03-2012, 07:29 PM
:lol, pop is a legend and players all over the world want to play for him. There are some who do not seem to think Pop is a good coach and most of them post here on ST :lol..

:lol im sure they do... i dont think they give a shit what Pop has accomplished while they are riding the bench. He needs to play.. im sure Tiago not playing at all in his first year despite being the best player in Europe would be something that would give Lorbek second thoughts.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-04-2012, 06:28 AM
I was fishing for a bite tbf.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2012, 06:34 AM
For me Kirilenko is a SF.

Splitter25
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
He has played PF all season. So you can't count him as a SF for that argument.

He is playing as a PF all year in Euroleague, thus he is a better PF than Lorbek is in Europe.

I will give you this though, Lorbek is better than Kirilenko on offense.

No, don't lie.
Kirilenko played his 8 EL games at SF spot full time. The 4 belongs to Khryapa, Vorontsevich and Lavrinovic at times.

And Lorbek is a better and more complete player than Teletovic.

Mal
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Teletovic? please. He's Bonner.

Kirilenko I'll give you.

Teletovic is great rebounder, though

Mal
02-04-2012, 01:04 PM
And Lorbek is a better and more complete player than Teletovic.

I agree, but Teletovic is better rebounder and 3pt shooter.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2012, 03:20 PM
I wasn't aware that Bonner had an excellent low post game.

I wasn't aware that Bonner had a 42 inch vertical.

Clearly, you have never in your entire life seen Teletovic play.Link to the 42 inch vertical.

ivanfromwestwood
02-04-2012, 07:13 PM
how soon can we bring him over.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I agree, but Teletovic is better rebounder and 3pt shooter.

Just what we need. Another big that can spread the floor... And I know Lorbek also shoots threes, but under the rim I'd take Lorbek over Teletovic. Lorbek is also a little bigger and we have the rights for him, that's why we need to bring him for the next season.

Teletovic, who is also a good player was undrafted, so we could give him a chance in the summer league but I doubt that he would come.

Mal
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Can`t see Spurs playing Splitter, Manu, Parker and/or Lorbek and/or De Colo and/or Teletovic. Too euro, too white, too not NBA style.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Teletovic will probably never be a Spur and De Colo is not ready yet.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2012, 04:30 AM
It's well known that Teletovic has a 42 inch vertical. And if you don't believe it, there is a little thing called YouTube. You might want to discover it at some point.It's easier to believe you are just lying because you make up shit all the time.

jesterbobman
02-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Sometimes Saint Tiago, you say smart things. A Blind Monkey with a Typewriter will sometimes find an acorn. Unfortunately, this thread is indicative of the usual results of a squirrel trying to write Shakespeare.

Sorry, Manu_Forever. Had you confused for a bit, with the avatar and everything.

(Also, FYI: Most of the people reading this are above average in terms of knowledge of European Basketball(I put myself at the very bottom of the knowledge totem pole). You probably don't have to convince people in this thread that good European players can play in the NBA, we get that. Stop Resorting to hyperbole to say this(Better than Dirk etc.))

Anonymous Cowherd
02-05-2012, 05:37 AM
better than Dirk

better than Dirk

better than Dirk

better than Dirk

Anonymous Cowherd
02-05-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm sure we are all wondering just why you are not a General Manager of an NBA team, possessing as you do such prescience and sound judgement.

Texas_Ranger
02-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Spanoulis is also better than MJ ever was right?? So I really don't care what do you thimk.

Splitter25
02-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Khryapa was playing at SF and Kirilenko at PF.

Krhyapa SF? :lol

It's clear that you didn't see any CSKA game.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Krhyapa SF? :lol

It's clear that you didn't see any CSKA game.

I'm sure his trailer in AR has satellite, but the picture might be fuzzy.

Mal
02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
I would definitely take him on my team if I was a GM over Dirk.

Lame greek troll is lame

Obstructed_View
02-07-2012, 07:28 AM
It's easier to believe you are just lying because you make up shit all the time.

Nope, I found it. His head is above the rim! Above. The. Rim.

HdjMpSj0h6M

mountainballer
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
another decent game last night. (16 and 5 in 25 minutes)
Barca improved to 4-0 in the top 16 stage and is looking like the team to beat this Euroleague season. and Lorbek is looking like their best player.

BackHome
02-11-2012, 03:10 PM
So what are the chances of this guy ever being a Spur?

Ditty
02-11-2012, 05:29 PM
He' seems a lot more interested in playing for the Spurs then the Pacers, and if it wasn't for the lockout I think he would be playing for us. I think Spurs will sign him for the mini MLE this summer.

yavozerb
02-11-2012, 11:10 PM
He' seems a lot more interested in playing for the Spurs then the Pacers, and if it wasn't for the lockout I think he would be playing for us. I think Spurs will sign him for the mini MLE this summer.

I wouldn't expect him to get the MLE. I would expect a contract similar to Tiago's in my opinion. No way you invest the mle in a player with 0 experience in the NBA.

BackHome
02-11-2012, 11:11 PM
A question for people who know his game is he someone who can be on the floor with Splitter?

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2012, 07:07 AM
A question for people who know his game is he someone who can be on the floor with Splitter?

yea. Tiago is a center and Lorbek is a PF. They both played long time in the Spanish league, so I think they would be perfect together.

mountainballer
02-12-2012, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't expect him to get the MLE. I would expect a contract similar to Tiago's in my opinion. No way you invest the mle in a player with 0 experience in the NBA.

he said mini MLE.

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Just had 12 & 6 in win.

Ditty
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM

Yeah I was talking about the new cba midlevel exception for teams with cap room that starts at $2.5 million. I hope Lorbek can take that kind of contract for 2 guaranteed years, and a team option for a 3rd.

yavozerb
02-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah I was talking about the new cba midlevel exception for teams with cap room that starts at $2.5 million. I hope Lorbek can take that kind of contract for 2 guaranteed years, and a team option for a 3rd.

agreed..I think both sides would agree to that contract..

CGD
02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Someone should make a SpursBookie bet on whether he joins the Spurs this summer or not.

Mal
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Someone should make a SpursBookie bet on whether he joins the Spurs this summer or not.

Wait up until after draft. Who Spurs take, later you can count the odds for Lorbek coming.

mountainballer
02-14-2012, 04:33 AM
you really think the draft pick is crucial for that decission? common, there are so many other questions much more relevant.
first: what will Timmy do? and if he adds another year or two, at what price.
second: what strategie will the Spurs follow with their cap money?
third: what will Lorbek demand. after this season he will see several nice offers from European top teams on the table. (including from Barca and believe me, noone leaves a city like Barcelona to make less money somewhere else). are the Spurs willing to pay that price?

the draft will be a minor factor in this picture.

jesterbobman
02-14-2012, 04:46 AM
The price is kind of set isn't it?

The good bigs that've come over from Europe in a position to negotiate(i.e., not on 1st round scale) have all pretty much got 3 years, 9 million. Splitter, Scola, Pekovic and Marc Gasol have all been in that range. If the Spurs would offer that much(I think they should, those guys have all been good value and Lorbek seems like a fit) and Lorbek would take that money(quite possible, though I can certainly understand the lure of Barcelona). Whatever the draft pick is, they'd bring him over. If it's a big, we could use another quality guy(He'd be ahead in the rotation compared to #25 pick), and if it's another spot, we'd need a big.

Basically, I agree with mountainballer. FA choices, rather than the draft effect whether he comes over.

mountainballer
02-14-2012, 05:34 AM
you are right, that's the price, but the range is a bit higher these days.
Pekovic: 3/13, Splitter: 3/11, Gasol: 3/10
so, considering the lower pay rise and let's guess the asking price from Lorbek is pretty much identical to Tiago's, my guess is the contract will start at 3.5-3.8 million.
sorry, but there is no way he signs for 2 years and 5 million.

Texas_Ranger
02-14-2012, 06:11 AM
No rookie this year the Spurs get will be as good or better than him, that's for sure. And I bet the Spurs will draft some guard or an undersized big, cause that's how they roll.

Bruno
02-14-2012, 07:26 AM
you are right, that's the price, but the range is a bit higher these days.
Pekovic: 3/13, Splitter: 3/11, Gasol: 3/10
so, considering the lower pay rise and let's guess the asking price from Lorbek is pretty much identical to Tiago's, my guess is the contract will start at 3.5-3.8 million.
sorry, but there is no way he signs for 2 years and 5 million.

You have to look too at the buyout situation. Lorbek might be cheaper than these players because he doesn't have one.

yavozerb
02-14-2012, 07:55 AM
No rookie this year the Spurs get will be as good or better than him, that's for sure. And I bet the Spurs will draft some guard or an undersized big, cause that's how they roll.

Again, the spurs will be drafting best player available with there late pick..If its a guard or foreign player then so be it.

mountainballer
02-14-2012, 10:25 AM
You have to look too at the buyout situation. Lorbek might be cheaper than these players because he doesn't have one.

the Pekovic buy out was 1 million and was there really a buy out left for Splitter in 2010? (what number?). don't know about Gasol.
so or so, the buy out issue might have affected the overall numbers by 1 maybe 2 million, but not by 5 or more.

another point we shouldn't ignore: these other players were 23, 24, 25, when they signed their 3 years NBA contracts. they all knew they can expect one more big pay day after this contract. (Gasol already got his)

Lorbek will be 28 this summer. so his situations is a bit different. his chance to land another big contract will be significantly smaller. that's why I don't expect him to lower his asking price.

Mal
02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Lorbek will be 28 this summer. so his situations is a bit different. his chance to land another big contract will be significantly smaller. that's why I don't expect him to lower his asking price.

yeah, but it is also his last chance to play NBA. And I believe, his dream, could only happen by accepting Spurs` offer. He took NBA leave clause in his deal with Barcelona.

I think he would be willing to sign 2 yrs, 5 to 6 mil. No buyout for him, so no extra expenses.

He earned his money, playing in rich, at the time, CSKA, and now in rich Barcelona. At 30, with 2 years experience in NBA, he still could sign 4 -5 yrs deal or be back to Europe.

angelbelow
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
yeah, but it is also his last chance to play NBA. And I believe, his dream, could only happen by accepting Spurs` offer. He took NBA leave clause in his deal with Barcelona.

I think he would be willing to sign 2 yrs, 5 to 6 mil. No buyout for him, so no extra expenses.

He earned his money, playing in rich, at the time, CSKA, and now in rich Barcelona. At 30, with 2 years experience in NBA, he still could sign 4 -5 yrs deal or be back to Europe.

His agent will make it 3 years 10-12 million. Even if its a player option but theres no way his agent allows his sign for 2 years 5 million.

yavozerb
02-14-2012, 10:21 PM
His agent will make it 3 years 10-12 million. Even if its a player option but theres no way his agent allows his sign for 2 years 5 million.

3 yrs for 10 mil. is about right for a player like Lorbek..Wouldn't expect the spurs much more than this though

angelbelow
02-15-2012, 09:40 PM
3 yrs for 10 mil. is about right for a player like Lorbek..Wouldn't expect the spurs much more than this though

Agreed, beyond 3 yrs 10-12 million, his agent has no leverage.

ace3g
02-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Draft Express giving him props:

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
Erazem Lorbek has been one of the best players in the Euroleague. Looks like a clear-cut NBA rotation big man. Super skilled inside & out.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
Erazem Lorbek starting to heat up now. Spurs are out here in full force and are hot on his trail supposedly trying to get him for 2012-13.

CGD
02-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Sweet thanks for posting. To think this guy was treated as an afterthought in the Hill trade by many. Looks like it'll all be up to Lorbek this summer whether he comes or not given the spurs' interest level.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for posting it.

It's a good news that Spurs are interested in bringing him even if it isn't surprising. If Spurs have asked that he was included in the Hill/Leonard trade, there was a good reason behind that move.

Barcelona just beat Caja Laboral 66-57. Lorbek 26 points. :smokin

yavozerb
02-18-2012, 02:41 PM
This Givony guy is a freaking retard. I guarantee you he has NEVER seen any of the European players play.

This guy is such a damn fraud.

"looks like a clear cut NBS rotation big man".

This guy should be shut down. He is a complete fraud.

Anyone that ever saw Lorbek play would know he is better than most NBA players years ago. Givony's site should be shut down. I am so sick of him and his endless untrue BS that he writes there.

If you do not like what he has to say then do not go to his site..Problem solved.

GB20
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
This Givony guy is a freaking retard. I guarantee you he has NEVER seen any of the European players play.

Anyone that ever saw Lorbek play would know he is better than most NBA players years ago. Givony's site should be shut down. I am so sick of him and his endless untrue BS that he writes there.

shot your mouth boy!! you said the same crap about tiago.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Tomorrow at 11:00am CST, Barcelona will face Madrid for the final of the Copa Del Rey. Highly recommended game.

GB20
02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Tomorrow at 11:00am CST, Barcelona will face Madrid for the final of the Copa Del Rey. Highly recommended game.

Is it possible we can sign him after tomorrow's game? the spurs really need a big man badly :depressed

ace3g
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
very last vid on this page, shows highlights of him during the game today: http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=82644

If he does sign with the Spurs, I wonder how much Pop allows him shoot the 3, or will strictly keep him down in the post.

BackHome
02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Well our team is playing lights out who would have thought we would have this record with Manu missing all these games? I think most of us were looking at us getting the 15th draft pick and now we probably be drafting 26th. Glad to see most of us were wrong but even though we are playing good ball we are going to need a player like Lorbek to get us through all of those seven game series. So can we sign and bring this guy over this year?

Bruno
02-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Is it possible we can sign him after tomorrow's game? the spurs really need a big man badly :depressed

Lorbek is an option for this summer when he will be a free agent. While there are some teams in Europe ready to let go a player in the middle of the season provided a buyout, Barcelona is a way too big and rich team to do so.

ace3g
02-19-2012, 11:10 AM
any link to watch the game today?

acoelho1
02-19-2012, 12:20 PM

So, let me guess, you have been PROVEN 100% right about Lorbek too. :)

Texas_Ranger
02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
so far he's very bad.

Bruno
02-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Madrid won 91-74.

Madrid's guards (Carroll and Llull) were great. I've liked too Begic who confirms a very good Eurobasket. For Barcelona, N'Dong was very good.

After a slow start, Lorbek shoot the ball well to end up with 15 points. He wasn't good closer to the rim. Defensively, he did a surprisingly good job against the quicker Mirotic. Off course, he isn't a force on the board or at protecting the rim

mountainballer
02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Real destroyed Barca.
damn, the game reminded me why I liked Llull so much in the 2009 draft. Rockets will be very happy, if he ever comes overseas.

ace3g
02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
yeah the main problem I see with Lorbek is he doesn't have great rebounding stats.

7LTt9L0_aeE&feature=player_embedded

boxscore: http://www.acb.com/fichas/CREY76007.php

Manufan909
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Madrid won 91-74.

Madrid's guards (Carroll and Llull) were great. I've liked too Begic who confirms a very good Eurobasket. For Barcelona, N'Dong was very good.

After a slow start, Lorbek shoot the ball well to end up with 15 points. He wasn't good closer to the rim. Defensively, he did a surprisingly good job against the quicker Mirotic. Off course, he isn't a force on the board or at protecting the rim

What's a great site for watching Lorbek's games? A couple of years ago I had a great site for Splitter that had an extensive archive of games, it was ESPN3.com, or FIBA.com or something.

acoelho1
02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
learn to read.

Learn how to evaluate players. "Splitter is Jeff Foster." :lol

angelbelow
02-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Learn how to evaluate players. "Splitter is Jeff Foster." :lol

To be fair, Killbill likes Lorbek quite a bit and has spoken very highly of him.

If it wasn't for guys like Bruno and Mountainballer I might be convinced that Lorbek is horrible based on how much killbill likes him :lol

Bruno
02-20-2012, 08:34 AM
What's a great site for watching Lorbek's games? A couple of years ago I had a great site for Splitter that had an extensive archive of games, it was ESPN3.com, or FIBA.com or something.

No idea. There are some full games on youtube if you want to have a better on Lorbek.

timvp
02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I watched a few Lorbek games yesterday (not that Finals game, though) and I'm pretty damn impressed. Yeah, he's not a fluid athlete and his rebounding potential probably maxes out at Bonner's level ... but the guy is talented as hell. If he were even a B athlete (instead of being a C athlete) he'd be a can't-miss prospect. As it is, I think the Spurs have to bring him over.

At worst, he's a player who should be able to step into the stretch four role off the bench once Bonner declines (which will probably be after next season at the latest). At best, he's a middle class version of Memo Okur. Considering Okur was an All-Star once upon a time, that's a pretty damn high ceiling.

The best thing about him is that his skillset works so well next to both Duncan and Splitter. And Parker, for that matter.

Euro bigs have been translating really well recently. Plus his cost can't be too outrageous given his situation. It'd be a little bit of a gamble if it takes a Splitter-sized contract to land him ... but I think it's a gamble the Spurs have to take considering the alternatives. There's not going to be a bigman in the draft or in free agency that they can land for similar money that has as high of a ceiling.

*hops on the Lorbek bandwagon*

Mal
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM

You can watch live games on bookie site bet365.com. They have euroleague streams and 2 or more ACB games a week. I don`t know if it is totally free, cause I have there 0.01 balance, just to watch streams.

ace3g
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
That would be the big question if he did sign with the Spurs, would Pop allow him to play the stretch 4/5 and shoot 3s? His biggest attribute that at 6'11, can hit a decent clip from 3 (35-40%) plus can score inside; would be the perfect combination to possibly derail Pop's man love for Bonner.

Also if he plays the stretch 4/5, he would have to switch to the post for defense purposes, because even watching the game last night he had trouble on the PnR defense. Unlike Splitter who I'm never worried when he gets matched with a guard on the perimeter.

But I'll take a frontline of Duncan, Splitter, and Lorbek.

yavozerb
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
That would be the big question if he did sign with the Spurs, would Pop allow him to play the stretch 4/5 and shoot 3s? His biggest attribute that at 6'11, can hit a decent clip from 3 (35-40%) plus can score inside; would be the perfect combination to possibly derail Pop's man love for Bonner.

Also if he plays the stretch 4/5, he would have to switch to the post for defense purposes, because even watching the game last night he had trouble on the PnR defense. Unlike Splitter who I'm never worried when he gets matched with a guard on the perimeter.

But I'll take a frontline of Duncan, Splitter, and Lorbek.

You forgot Bonner...:lol, you will see Lorbek andTD playing alot together and Bonner with Splitter. The Bonner splitter duo has actually done very well since Tiago passes so well

CGD
02-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Thx for the insight as always. For those informed, how does Lorbek compare to Mirotic? I read some espn opinion piece the other day indicating how the Bulls got the steal of last years draft with Mirotic, but I'm alway skeptical about such claims. Who has the better NBA ceiling?

Bruno
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Welcome on board. :tu

Bruno
02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Thx for the insight as always. For those informed, how does Lorbek compare to Mirotic? I read some espn opinion piece the other day indicating how the Bulls got the steal of last years draft with Mirotic, but I'm alway skeptical about such claims. Who has the better NBA ceiling?

What Mirotic is doing in Europe is awesome when you consider that he is born in 1991. Right now, he is looking like a great pick for Chicago. Calling him the steal of the draft seems premature.

Comparing Lorbek and Mirotic is hard to do because they are very different layers. However, Mirotic is the one withe the biggest ceiling because of his youth and his athletic edge.

CGD
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
What Mirotic is doing in Europe is awesome when you consider that he is born in 1991. Right now, he is looking like a great pick for Chicago. Calling him the steal of the draft seems premature.

Comparing Lorbek and Mirotic is hard to do because they are very different layers. However, Mirotic is the one withe the biggest ceiling because of his youth and his athletic edge.

Thanks! I didn't appreciate the age difference was that large.

pad300
02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
This might be of interest, from the DX Twitter feed :

# RT @Euro_Adventures: VIDEO: Erazem Lorbek on whether he'll be joining the #Spurs next season: http://t.co/vCXDzZjj #CopaACB 1 day ago

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1myFtPBfD
http://www.draftexpress.com

BackHome
02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I am starting to like Lobrek because he has the experience and if we add him next year I like our chances. Plus it takes care of our biggest weakness a true big and will let us focus on our other main weakness.......SF....in the draft.

Texas_Ranger
02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
10 & 6 today against Cantu.

Texas_Ranger
02-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Top scorer with 19 right now, will probably not come in game again cause Barca is destroying Fuenlabrada with 4 minutes to go.

Bruno
02-26-2012, 08:29 AM
There have been some article about Lorbek contractual situation lately.

Lorbek is currently the 6th best paid of Barcelona with a €1.2M salary. Needless to say he is way underpaid. Barcelona might be in a tough spot to give him the big raise he deserves because new tax rules will kick in 2013 and Lorbek's salary will be taxed at 56% instead of 24%. Some teams in Europe like Milano seems to be interested in him which isn't a surprise given his level.

Texas_Ranger
02-26-2012, 10:07 AM

Lorbek is currently the 6th best paid of Barcelona with a €1.2M salary. Needless to say he is way underpaid. Barcelona might be in a tough spot to give him the big raise he deserves because new tax rules will kick in 2013 and Lorbek's salary will be taxed at 56% instead of 24%. Some teams in Europe like Milano seems to be interested in him which isn't a surprise given his level.

wow, didn't know he gets so little. I know Navarro gets more, but who are the other guys??
Rich clubs will want him after this year, but if he chooses someone like Milano over the Spurs he should go fuck himself. He already won everything in Europe so not going to NBA would be stupid.

Bruno
02-26-2012, 10:36 AM
wow, didn't know he gets so little. I know Navarro gets more, but who are the other guys??

It seems that these 5 players are:
Navarro: €2.4M
Mickael: €2M :wow
Eidson: €1.4M
Huertas: €1.4M
Vazquez: €1.3M

Lorbek should really get a new agent.

CGD
02-26-2012, 10:36 AM

Another "positive" factor in favor of him coming to San Antonio this summer I suppose.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Huertas is worth more than that too surely?

Mal
02-26-2012, 01:47 PM

We dont know how the contract looked like. This is last year of his 3 year contract. Maybe he was paid better in previous 2 yrs. Probably it was 3x 1,2 mln, but we dont know for sure. And Barcelona paid CSKA fee for Lorbek also.

Manufan909
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I watched a few Lorbek games yesterday (not that Finals game, though) and I'm pretty damn impressed. Yeah, he's not a fluid athlete and his rebounding potential probably maxes out at Bonner's level ... but the guy is talented as hell. If he were even a B athlete (instead of being a C athlete) he'd be a can't-miss prospect. As it is, I think the Spurs have to bring him over.

At worst, he's a player who should be able to step into the stretch four role off the bench once Bonner declines (which will probably be after next season at the latest). At best, he's a middle class version of Memo Okur. Considering Okur was an All-Star once upon a time, that's a pretty damn high ceiling.

The best thing about him is that his skillset works so well next to both Duncan and Splitter. And Parker, for that matter.

Euro bigs have been translating really well recently. Plus his cost can't be too outrageous given his situation. It'd be a little bit of a gamble if it takes a Splitter-sized contract to land him ... but I think it's a gamble the Spurs have to take considering the alternatives. There's not going to be a bigman in the draft or in free agency that they can land for similar money that has as high of a ceiling.

Where did you go to watch the games (and please don't say you dvred them)? If you just checked out YT, then I guess that will be my avenue of choice as well.

Texas_Ranger
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
This is the Final of Copa del rey that they lost, and Lorbek played really bad in the first half.

2U6WJ0ywMqM

Hooks
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I really hope the Spurs can get him in the off season.

How much money do you guys think this guy will demand?

I'm not sure how valued he is, or how good he is over there but would a Splitter type contract be too little or too much for him or just right?

FlAVaK
02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
How much money do you guys think this guy will demand?

Try to read pages 4/5 of this thread...

ChumpDumper
03-03-2012, 11:59 AM
So a Splitter-type deal should work for him. Great.

Mal
03-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Spain will have 51% tax, from next season. So Lorbek would receive much less from Barcelona

ChumpDumper
03-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Only if he is willing to take less money than he will get offered in Italy and Russia. Splitter was willing to do so. But he had already made more money than Lorbek has.You're usually wrong about these things, so I'm not going to believe you.

Mal
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
He would make a lot more than he makes this year, simply by going to a team in Italy or Russia.

In Russia he can only go to CSKA, which is highly unlikely, cause they have Kirilenko, Khryapa, Voroncevich, Kaun. Italian teams, beside Siena, sucks.

Turkish teams could pay him well.

Manufan909
03-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Anyone know why draftexpress hasn't updated his profile in 7 years? I finally read it and am curious if he's still freakishly slow, and not willing to mix it up in the paint once in awhile.

Mal
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Anyone know why draftexpress hasn't updated his profile in 7 years? I finally read it and am curious if he's still freakishly slow, and not willing to mix it up in the paint once in awhile.

Why would they udpate info about player already drafted ?

Manufan909
03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Why would they udpate info about player already drafted ?

Wishful thinking, I know.

mountainballer
03-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Milan's team does not suck at all. They were playing very well this year, they just had too many injuries.

wrong. they just had too many Greeks.
Milan was the joke of this years Euroleague. thanks to their all Greek front court. Bourousis and Fotsis = worst FC in the whole Euroleague.

Mal
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
wrong. they just had too many Greeks.
Milan was the joke of this years Euroleague. thanks to their all Greek front court. Bourousis and Fotsis = worst FC in the whole Euroleague.

Plus the most overrated coach in Europe

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2012, 12:15 AM
him and bertrans, dunno what sort of deal they going to get by coming here,

but:
- is it better to pay them that money or resign whatever our bigs are?
- or better to trade them to move up in the draft?
- or trade for whatever already developed big in the league aka hansborough, pekovic? since it looks like it will costs us nearly MLE to bring them 2 over, when mle can probably get us something that could help the team?

Texas_Ranger
03-17-2012, 12:18 PM
His last games:

vs Bilbao: 15 & 3
vs Gran Canaria: 20 & 8
vs Cajasol: 12

BackHome
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I am going to be pissed if we don't sign this guy this summer!

RC and Pop don't fuck it up like you did with Scola!

ace3g
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Another team targeting Lorbek

Another Euroleague team, Olimpia Milano, is going to try and sign Lorbek when his contract expires. Apparently he really likes playing overseas in Spain but he’s not making enough money. Will Milano be able to put up enough cash to satisfy the big man?

This is terrible news for the Spurs who need size and have made it know they would like for him to join San Antonio. The team definitely could use the help inside and Lorbek’s size would be a great asset. The 6’10” Slovenian is 29 and has a lot of experience. He’s definitely NBA ready and could really help the Spurs, but it may be harder to get him if he’s being enticed by another team.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/serie-a/35822/olimpia-milano-already-targeting-erazem-lorbek.html

http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/march/another-team-targeting-lorbek.html

loveforthegame
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
That would be our luck. :depressed

I guess we should just accept another year of Bonner and Blair.

yavozerb
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Another team targeting Lorbek

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/serie-a/35822/olimpia-milano-already-targeting-erazem-lorbek.html

http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/march/another-team-targeting-lorbek.html

Of course another team is targeting Lorbek, he is considered one of best big men in Europe and is not under contract. Spurs fans would be foolish if they thought the only team pursuing Lorbek were just the spurs. The spurs I believe know how bad a quality big is needed and for the price it will cost should be a steal for the spurs. I have faith in the spurs that Lorbek will be a spur next season...

benefactor
03-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Indeed. This really isn't anything surprising. Teams from all over Europe will be pining for his services.

It's all on Lorbek now. He's already said that since the Spurs now own his rights he is reconsidering his long held stance about not coming to the NBA. The Spurs will probably offer him something in the range of what they offered Splitter and that should be enough. I think at the end of the day it will be less about who offered more and more about his desire to truly want to play here.

loveforthegame
03-20-2012, 01:34 AM
I'm not surprised other teams are interested. A guy like this will be in demand.

It just sucks we'll probably lose out on him. Nothing new here.

Bruno
03-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Well, it's a one month old rumor that has already been discussed in this thread but Lorbek will interest a lot of teams in Europe. It's obvious and logical.

BackHome
03-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Italy is going to have to pretty much follow Spain as far as taxes so who knows?

I could see a Russian team having enough $$ to sign him but does he want to play for the motherland or U.S?

Mal
03-20-2012, 07:48 AM
He`s not russian , lol

Texas_Ranger
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
15 & 5 tonight in Euroleague top 8 against Unics Kazan.

ChumpDumper
03-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Spanoulis is Greek. He can't play in the NBA. Lorbek can.

Texas_Ranger
03-25-2012, 07:48 AM
22 & 6 against Valladolid.

Texas_Ranger
03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
You know what I find funny, is that you endlessly praise Lorbek, but yet you call Spanoulis a POS player, one of the worst of all time.

Yet, even in the career year of Lorbek, he isn't as good as Spanoulis is.

Lorbek is one of my favorite players and I hope the Spurs get him, but the level of hypocrisy from people you like you really is truly sickening.

Don't care about Spanoulis cause he's not owned by the Spurs, and Span already showed us all that he can't play in the NBA. Good for him that he is a good baller in Europe.

mountainballer
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Barca is the first team to qualify for the final 4.
(sweept the series vs. Unics Kazan)
Lorbek was very quiet in last nights win. didn't matter, Navarro had a big night, this was enough to finish off Unics.

ace3g
03-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Sounds like Pop is ready to bring over Lorbek

Paul Garcia PS ‏ @24writer

Close

"I think Kawhi Leonard, and our big kid in Europe will help us. For basketball reasons we did it (trade)" Coach Pop on George Hill trade

loveforthegame
03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I hope they can convince him to come over. :tu

benefactor
03-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice find. Hopefully they go hard after him this summer.

ace3g
03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Just thinking about that, hopefully he was talking about Lorbek and not Ryan Richards

Spursfanfromafar
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Just thinking about that, hopefully he was talking about Lorbek and not Davis Bertans

Fify.

benefactor
04-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Fify.
:tu

That's more likely than Richards...but if he was talking about the trade itself it's hard to think that he's not referencing Lorbek.

mountainballer
04-01-2012, 09:58 AM
:tu

That's more likely than Richards...but if he was talking about the trade itself it's hard to think that he's not referencing Lorbek.

yes, but I guess we are all confused about the wording "big kid" for a 28 years old Lorbek, who looks like a 40 years old accountant.

Penya
04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
"The team was in shock when I did (the trade)," Popovich said before his Spurs faced the Pacers at the AT&T Center. "It was good both ways. He'll really help Indiana, and I think Kawhi and our big kid (Erazem Lorbek) will help us. For basketball reasons we did it."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120401/SPORTS04/204010352/Notebook-Spurs-still-very-fond-Pacers-Hill

Anonymous Cowherd
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
"The team was in shock when I did (the trade)," Popovich said before his Spurs faced the Pacers at the AT&T Center. "It was good both ways. He'll really help Indiana, and I think Kawhi and our big kid (Erazem Lorbek) will help us. For basketball reasons we did it."

http://www.phillygameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stern_david.jpg

FlAVaK
04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Spanish article from tubabasket.com (´http://www.tubasket.com/noticia/fc-barcelona-regal/bara-da-perdido-lorbek-ya-prepara-su-desembarco-san-antonio-spurs-%20verano/1595471/6305)

Anything new? Or just the Pop-Quote from beginning of april about "the big kid" in europe...

sisibilio
04-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Nothing really. Other than the team (Barça) has already accepted he's leaving.

I don't know if they have any credible source or they're writing out of their asses since that web is sometimes a bit sensationalist but everything points that Erazem to San Anbtonio has been a done deal for a while.

BackHome
04-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Get this done and have his butt in San Antonio in the gym hitting the weights this summer. He can be Splitters spot buddy as both of them need to add a couple of pounds of muscle on there frames.

Trade Blair for someones 2013 draft pick....

Hooks
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I doubt erazem comes to the spurs with how well Diaw has been playing. The Spurs can't afford both players in the off season, Diaw is exactly what Pop wants in a player and has proved his worth. Seems like this year will be the only time Lorbek will be able to come to the spurs. I think maybe the spurs trade the pick unless Diaw plays terribly in the playoffs.

yavozerb
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
I doubt erazem comes to the spurs with how well Diaw has been playing. The Spurs can't afford both players in the off season, Diaw is exactly what Pop wants in a player and has proved his worth. Seems like this year will be the only time Lorbek will be able to come to the spurs. I think maybe the spurs trade the pick unless Diaw plays terribly in the playoffs.

I disagree...With TD coming back for unknown amount, amnesty clause at the spurs disposal, and cheap 1 year contract for Blair available, JA and Dyess coming off the books,etc...There are plenty of options to free up cash this summer. Question that no one knows at this time is how much, but its definatly possible.

mountainballer
04-24-2012, 06:01 AM
I disagree...With TD coming back for unknown amount, amnesty clause at the spurs disposal, and cheap 1 year contract for Blair available, JA and Dyess coming off the books,etc...There are plenty of options to free up cash this summer. Question that no one knows at this time is how much, but its definatly possible.

NO. if Spurs re sign Tim, they will only have the MLE to work with, no matter what contracts come off the books.
outside Manu and Tony the amnesty can only be used on Bonner, so this effect for the cap is pretty limited.
MLE won't be enough to sign both Lorbek and Diaw.
it's either Lorbek or Diaw.

yavozerb
04-24-2012, 06:51 AM
NO. if Spurs re sign Tim, they will only have the MLE to work with, no matter what contracts come off the books.
outside Manu and Tony the amnesty can only be used on Bonner, so this effect for the cap is pretty limited.
MLE won't be enough to sign both Lorbek and Diaw.
it's either Lorbek or Diaw.

Is there something you know that none of us know about how much TD will sign for if he returns? Just wondering

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Is there something you know that none of us know about how much TD will sign for if he returns? Just wondering

It doesn't matter how much Duncan re-signs for, unless you expect something unrealistic like veteran min, the Spurs wouldn't not have the money to go after both Lorbek and Diaw.

1st case is if Duncan signs for $10 mil or more - then the Spurs are over the cap and only have the exceptions, thus not enough for both.

2nd case - Duncan signs for something like 5 mil per year, highly unrealistic, but still - the Spurs are a few million under the cap, so can only offer that or MLE money at most again. They can't use cap space AND exceptions.

BackHome
04-24-2012, 10:41 PM
So pay the the tax man......Sign Green, Diaw, and Lobrek.. Get it done....

CGD
04-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Can't the Spurs offer Diaw the lower level exception (or whatever it's called under the new CBA), and concurrently offer Lorbek the full MLE? Obviously Diaw will test the market, which is probably why he only singed on for 1 year. I get that.

But who knows, maybe less money is worth it to him when he weighs other factors like playing on a playoff team with his bff. Or maybe the market does us a solid, and no team he likes thinks he's worth a full MLE.

Concerning the exceptions and how they work -- Hypothetically, if the LLE is available couldn't Diaw just sign a 1 year deal for that amount and then seek a better deal from the Spurs in the summer of 2013 when they have more cap space? Or in the alternative, couldn't he sign a multi-year deal so long as the 1st year (the year Spurs are over the Cap), starts at the LLE amount?

Spursfanfromafar
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Can't the Spurs offer Diaw the lower level exception (or whatever it's called under the new CBA), and concurrently offer Lorbek the full MLE? Obviously Diaw will test the market, which is probably why he only singed on for 1 year. I get that.

But who knows, maybe less money is worth it to him when he weighs other factors like playing on a playoff team with his bff. Or maybe the market does us a solid, and no team he likes thinks he's worth a full MLE.

Concerning the exceptions and how they work -- Hypothetically, if the LLE is available couldn't Diaw just sign a 1 year deal for that amount and then seek a better deal from the Spurs in the summer of 2013 when they have more cap space? Or in the alternative, couldn't he sign a multi-year deal so long as the 1st year (the year Spurs are over the Cap), starts at the LLE amount?

Why would Diaw volunteer to be lowballed? His worth is far more than the LLE..and after a potentially good playoff performance that worth is only going to rise.

CGD
04-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Why would Diaw volunteer to be lowballed? His worth is far more than the LLE..and after a potentially good playoff performance that worth is only going to rise.

Definitely, I get that he will explore the market. I'm sure the Suns for one would love to have him back. I just wonder if other factors will come in to play in Diaw's decision.

I'm more curious about how the new LLE can be used. For example, can the Spurs offer Diaw a 10M/3yr, where the first year starts at what the LLE cap is, and then in subsequent years have the remaining portions the contract come out of the total cap amount in years where the Spurs will have more cap flexibility? I'm just not that familiar with the exceptions.

jesterbobman
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
The issue is that both Diaw and Lorbek are worth more than half the MLE, and that's the only way we could get both. So, it's a choice between them, unless some team agreed in advance to Sign Diaw, wait 3 months, then trade him to us for $3-4 million worth of contracts.(Which makes no sense, and is as realistic as Duncan deciding to take the Minimum so that we can afford both)

Bruno
04-25-2012, 01:21 AM
If Diaw is good in the playoffs, it will likely take the full MLE to keep him. Spurs hope to get Lorbek too would be to convince him signing for the LLE.

BackHome
04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Just do the wink-wink deal........just don't get caught!

dunkman
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I think the BAE (LLE) no longer exists under the 2011 CBA. If the Spurs didn't paid tax this season, they could use the full MLE which is down to $5M, if they paid tax its $3M.

Splitter was more accomplished player than Lorbek, and he signed for $3.4M + 8% increments. Lorbek will probably command around $3M.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-29-2012, 05:12 PM
and how, financially, could we make Batum a "big offer"?

Mal
04-30-2012, 06:43 AM
I suppose they can do it only if they sent Bonner`s and/or Jax contracts as expiring somewhere. Without it Spurs wont have enough cap space.

Mel_13
04-30-2012, 10:14 AM
and how, financially, could we make Batum a "big offer"?

We can't. That guy just makes stuff up.

timvp
04-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Spurs will be after Batum and and vet big. Diaw would be a back up signing, Spurs I think will look to move mills to get a first round pick in the mid to upper part of the draft, maybe sending him and Blair to a late lotto team.

Green I would love to see us keep as a 6th man, but depends on Batum. SA is going to make him a big offer. They may dump Jaxs as well if they get batum.
There's so much fail in this post I don't even know where to begin.

elemento
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
hahahahahaha

I'd love to know how the Spurs will make room to make a big offer for Nic Batum. How will SA move Mills if he has a PO ? Dump S-Jax? How so ? We can't use the amnesty clause on him.

Seriously

mountainballer
04-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Spurs will be after Batum and and vet big. Diaw would be a back up signing, Spurs I think will look to move mills to get a first round pick in the mid to upper part of the draft, maybe sending him and Blair to a late lotto team.

Green I would love to see us keep as a 6th man, but depends on Batum. SA is going to make him a big offer. They may dump Jaxs as well if they get batum.

interesting.
do you think they will use Richards rights as a teaser to get Batum?
if they did, I can see the Blazers bite on a S&T.
and do you think this time we have a chance to get Blatche? he is the vet big you at´re talking about, right? (you can't tell us, that's ok.)

benefactor
04-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Wow...you've thrown some shit against the wall in the past but this one is especially soggy.

The ADMIRAL 50
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
There's so much fail in this post I don't even know where to begin.

Wow...you've thrown some shit against the wall in the past but this one is especially soggy.

:rollin

I like to avoid the TX 2 Step dog piles, I guess I just never thought of him as the joke others did, but wow; comments like that one alone certainly could go a long way towards validating his reputation.

I was gonna list all the dumb things about it followed by question marks and topped off with a :lol emoticon, but then I realized what would be the point it would be on par with just copy and pasting his entire post.

...ok i couldnt resist: Blair + Mills for a late lottery pick in a stacked draft? :lol

sinok
05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
LOLScout bringing the lulz he is supposed to bring...

BackHome
05-02-2012, 10:45 PM
So if we use the full MLE on Diaw and use the LLE on Lobrek does this mean that we can't sign Green?

tesseractive
05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
So if we use the full MLE on Diaw and use the LLE on Lobrek does this mean that we can't sign Green?

My understanding is that Green is a restricted free agent and does not require an exception to sign.

coyotes_geek
05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
To be technically correct, it will require an exception to sign Green, but the Spurs will have an Early-Bird exception that they can use on him. In other words, they can sign Green without using their MLE.

tesseractive
05-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Ah, thank you.

smaka
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Lorbek was chosen for the best C in Spanish League.
I can give u link to Slovenian source, but idk if anyone would understand :D

Texas_Ranger
05-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I think he was also picked in the Euroleague 1st team.

Spurs could have two best centers from the second best league behind the NBA.

Anonymous Cowherd
05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Another Euroleague MVP, yesssss! :)

Texas_Ranger
05-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Sorry for the wrong info, Lorbek is just nominated so far. Krstic will probably be in the first team and they will also most likely put Kirilenko as a PF in the first team, so Lorbek will be in the second team.

BackHome
05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't care if we go over and the owners gotta pay more...sign Lorbek, Diaw, and Green. Even if you get hit with the tax you will make it up by going deep in the playoffs$$$$

Trade Blair and Anderson for a high second round pick in 2013 - Can't afford to pay a first round pick this year anyway.

Center: Duncan/Splitter
PF: Lorbek/Diaw/Bonner
SF: Kawhi/SJ
SG: Manu/Green
PG: Tony/Mills

D-Leauge: CJ/Henry Simms(Drafted)

2013 TEAM

Center: Duncan/Splitter
PF: Lorbek/Diaw/Ceaser Lima
SF: Kawhi/?
SG: Manu/Green/Adam Hanga
PG: Tony/Mills?

D-leauge - CJ/1rounder - SF Brandon Dawson/ 2rounder(Blairs Trade) Gorgui Dieng C/PF 6'10..wingspan 7'6

smaka
05-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Sorry for the wrong info, Lorbek is just nominated so far. Krstic will probably be in the first team and they will also most likely put Kirilenko as a PF in the first team, so Lorbek will be in the second team.

Where can I see the nominees?

Mel_13
05-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Where can I see the nominees?

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/96845/180/2011-12-all-euroleague-team-nominees

Legacy
05-05-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/96845/180/2011-12-all-euroleague-team-nominees

Niiice.

NASpurs
05-07-2012, 08:39 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/hoopshype

FC Barcelona big man Erazem Lorbek was not very willing to talk about his NBA future this morning after the Spanish League awards ceremony.

Lorbek did say, though, that the fact that San Antonio owns his rights now makes the NBA more appealing to him.

When asked by a reporter if he had an offer on the table from FC Barcelona, Lorbek said he didn't know and laughed. He's focused on the Spanish playoffs and the Euroleague Final Four for now.

Bruno
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress/status/200963296998858752

My understanding is its very close to being a done deal. RT @Ericb1980 What are the Spurs' chances of signing Lorbek are and how good is he?

Lorbek will in less than 2 hours the Euroleague semifinal (1pm CT).

timvp
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Damn, Jonathan Givony has been pretty damn reliable lately. Props to T Park for asking him the question.

Doesn't it make more sense that the Spurs and Lorbek would agree to an LLE (or whatever its called these days) offer right now rather than an MLE offer? I'd imagine there are too many variables in play to earmark the MLE for Lorbek right now. However, the LLE is something the Spurs rarely use and is virtually guaranteed to be available.

Lorbek for the LLE would be a great signing.

TimmehC
05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Damn, Jonathan Givony has been pretty damn reliable lately. Props to T Park for asking him the question.

Doesn't it make more sense that the Spurs and Lorbek would agree to an LLE (or whatever its called these days) offer right now rather than an MLE offer? I'd imagine there are too many variables in play to earmark the MLE for Lorbek right now. However, the LLE is something the Spurs rarely use and is virtually guaranteed to be available.

If the Spurs keep Diaw and get Lorbek, every other team's front office should just fucking worship them.

ace3g
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM

any link to the game/box score, and great news if they can sign him to the LLE

-

right now you can follow @Euroleague for updates to the game

TimmehC
05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Box score:

http://live.euroleague.net/gamesjs.aspx?ig=euro_186&st=20&dp=CUTPCF167AE22Q27N5NPC4636&z=1

ace3g
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Box score:

http://live.euroleague.net/gamesjs.aspx?ig=euro_186&st=20&dp=CUTPCF167AE22Q27N5NPC4636&z=1

Thanks, also at 2 p.m CST NBATV will air the game

Mel_13
05-11-2012, 02:09 PM

The Spurs didn't use any part of the 3yr/9M mini-MLE this season. Now there would be obvious financial issues with using that exception before June 30th.

Is it even possible under the CBA? Could the Spurs sign Lorbek before June 30th using this year's MLE and still retain full use of next year's MLE?

That would be both awesome and very un-Holt like.

timvp
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the last day to sign anyone is the last day of the regular season. Not 100% sure, especially in this new CBA.

Watching the game, Spanoulis looks like he's Manu's grandfather. He aged like 35 years since the last time I saw him.

ace3g
05-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the last day to sign anyone is the last day of the regular season. Not 100% sure, especially in this new CBA.

Watching the game, Spanoulis looks like he's Manu's grandfather. He aged like 35 years since the last time I saw him.

He even has the bald spot

Mel_13
05-11-2012, 02:26 PM

You're right. Confirmed with Coon's new FAQ.

Just thought it was strange that the Spurs and Lorbek could already have an agreement that didn't use next year's MLE. I would think that the Spurs wouldn't want to commit to a deal that made it impossible to keep Diaw and that Lorbek wouldn't commit so early to a deal that may be well below market value.

TimmehC
05-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Barca looks to be choking as badly as their football equivalent did in the Champions League. 17 offensive rebounds, and still losing.

Paranoid Pop
05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Dorsey looks like the second coming of Bynum in this game.

Bruno
05-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, Lorbek was bad, really bad.

I really like him as player with all the offensive skills he has but he is a very poor athlete and is kinda soft. I've said in another thread but Spurs should really be careful with the kind of contract they will offer him. Unlike Splitter, Lorbek could easily turn into a huge bust in the NBA.

Mel_13
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, Lorbek was bad, really bad.

I really like him as player with all the offensive skills he has but he is a very poor athlete and is kinda soft. I've said in another thread but Spurs should really be careful with the kind of contract they will offer him. Unlike Splitter, Lorbek could easily turn into a huge bust in the NBA.

I haven't seen many of Lorbek's games, but it seems fairly obvious that Diaw is a much better player than Lorbek. Certainly a much safer bet for success in the NBA over the next three seasons.

timvp
05-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Watched the game. Overall, it was ugly basketball. The Greek team ran the same high pick-and-roll like 95% of the time. Little extra movement, little anything other than Spanoulis getting a screen up top. Barca obviously had more talent but the Greek team did a good job mucking up the game and then pulling it out in the end.

-Spanoulis was decent but he did a lot of choking in the second half. He can really run a pick-and-roll though. Can pass, finish at the basket and shoot after getting a screen. He hit a clutch three but otherwise was short-arming everything down the stretch. It looks like he's lost a step from a couple years ago.

-Those young Greeks are surprisingly good at defense but I don't see much offense potential. Then again, Spanoulis had the ball like 80% of the time so it's difficult to tell, tbh.

-Dorsey can rebound but he doesn't have much other basketball instincts.

-That's as bad as I've ever seen Navarro in international competition. The announcers were saying he was injured ... which would be understandable.

-Huertas was playing the worst defense I've ever seen.

-Vazquez would be pretty damn good in the NBA. A less skilled, more athletic version of Splitter. It's pretty easy to imagine him averaging 8 and 6 somewhere.

-Ndong is better than a lot of NBA centers. Probably a top 30 center in the world. Too old to come to the NBA, though.

-Mickeal was horrible. He might be done.

-As for Lorbek, I'm not going to say he choked but he didn't exactly rise to the occasion. He bailed out Oly a few times with jumpers and wasn't really fighting for position on the block. Give Oly credit for swarming but Lorbek never came close to trying to carry his team to victory. Tbh, it was a very Bonner-esque performance.

That said, Lorbek wouldn't be a go-to guy on the Spurs so I don't know how much (if anything) to take from this game. Skill-wise, he continues to impress. Physically, he didn't look too great. He needs to get in better shape if he's going to survive 82 games.

Venti Quattro
05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Huertas lost the game for Barcelona Regal.

They should have gone with a Sada/Navarro/Eidson/Lorbek/Ndong lineup to finish the game. Xavi Pascual was too slow to make adjustments too.

Bruno
05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen many of Lorbek's games, but it seems fairly obvious that Diaw is a much better player than Lorbek. Certainly a much safer bet for success in the NBA over the next three seasons.

Yeah, Spurs need for next year a starting PF (Diaw or someone else). If they spend most of their MLE on Lorbek, they won't be able to add one.

ChumpDumper
05-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Diaw seems to be more of a priority now -- almost a no-brainer, really. Pretty much have to get rid Blair or Bonner to get Lorbek.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah but will the spurs sign diaw for a season before the summer in which they have all that cap space availability planned?

Wild Cobra Kai
05-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah but will the spurs sign diaw for a season before the summer in which they have all that cap space availability planned?

There won't be much if ANY cap space this summer. Tim's discount will strictly remove the tax pressure. If he didn't take one, we couldn't even sign Diaw.

Paranoid Pop
05-11-2012, 08:04 PM
There won't be much if ANY cap space this summer. Tim's discount will strictly remove the tax pressure. If he didn't take one, we couldn't even sign Diaw.

I think he's talking about 2013 but Diaw should be pretty cheap for a starting PF anyways.

tesseractive
05-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Diaw seems to be more of a priority now -- almost a no-brainer, really. Pretty much have to get rid Blair or Bonner to get Lorbek.

I've seen some discussion about him being kind of a taller Bonner who also has a bit of a post game. Is he NBA-ready enough to be worth giving him the chance to hold down Bonner's spot in the rotation?

And if he's taller, does that mean he could play with Blair on occasion with more success than Matt?

BackHome
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
He can start with either Splitter or Duncan with no problems.

FrankieS
05-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I've seen some discussion about him being kind of a taller Bonner who also has a bit of a post game.

Lorbeck is very skilled in the post. I have seen lot of his games, and he is perhaps the most multiskilled big in Europe. He would fit perfectly Spurs system.

ace3g
05-12-2012, 02:04 PM
EuroleagueBasketball ‏ @Euroleague

Kirilenko, Krstic, Spanoulis and Lorbek have been chosen to the All-Euroleague first team for the first time!

--

And the 2011-12 Turkish Airlines Euroleague MVP is... (drum roll).... ANDREI KIRILENKO OF CSKA MOSCOW! #TAEF4

Bruno
05-12-2012, 02:39 PM
So, Spanish league and Euroleague first team for Lorbek. Huge props. :toast

smaka
05-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Only bad thing is they didn't make it to the finals and maybe win Euroleague title.. That would be a cherry on the top of a cake..

BackHome
05-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Bruno what do you think are the chances of us signing this guy...20,50,0?

Bruno
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Bruno what do you think are the chances of us signing this guy...20,50,0?

If you believe what Givony is saying, it should be around 80%.

ace3g
05-13-2012, 02:22 PM
FC Barcelona wins the 3rd place game 74-69, but based on the boxscore, Lorbek didn't have a good game:

17 min - 0/1 FG - 3 boards

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=187

Bruno
05-13-2012, 02:49 PM
The game for the 3rd place wasn't played with a high intensity. Teams didn't really care about it and bench players got most of the minutes.

ace3g
05-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Speaking of the final: Olympiacos came back from 34-53 at the 2:04 mark in the 3rd quarter to come back and win 62-61 thanks to a Printezis floater with 0.7 seconds left:

http://live.euroleague.net/gamesjs.aspx?ig=euro_188&st=20&dp=CUTPCF167AE22Q27N5NPC4636&z=1

Bruno
05-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, it was an ugly but amazing game.

BackHome
05-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I can understand Lobrek not playing great it is a contract year so why go out and get hurt for third place..not worth it..

Wild Cobra Kai
05-13-2012, 08:22 PM
If you believe what Givony is saying, it should be around 80%.

Where does he think the money will come from?

BackHome
05-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Trust in Bruno...:toast