PDA

View Full Version : Hawks gauging Smith's value

Russo21
06-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Hawks gauging Smith's trade value? (http://spursworld.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/hawks-gauging-smiths-trade-value/)

Even though San Antonio is not one of Smith’s preferred destinations, the Spurs could certainly play for his services if the team wants to.
How about acquiring Smith for Richard Jefferson, DeJuan Blair.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6fovdw8

Nice in theory. But aint gonna happen hey:depressed

DMX7
06-24-2011, 07:51 AM
That would never happen, lol. It's awesome to think about though.

xellos88330
06-24-2011, 07:58 AM
One can dream.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-24-2011, 08:00 AM
One can dream.

If you're gonna dream, one should dream big. After all, it's just a dream.

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Come on. I'm pretty sure we could get him with just RJ and Bonner.

xellos88330
06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
If you're gonna dream, one should dream big. After all, it's just a dream.

:toast

If something like this were to happen, I would be completely stunned. Smith could bring some of that attitude/toughness in the paint that the Spurs could use, not to mention the shot blocking presence. I would be 100% on board.

Then again, it is most likely out of reach. I can't help salivating over it though.

Bruno
06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Parker for Smith. Hill is ready to be the starting PG for Spurs.

xellos88330
06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Isn't Atlanta still trying to sell the Hawks? I don't know why, but if they are, I get the feeling that the chances of this scenario taking place get a bit better.

Russo21
06-24-2011, 08:40 AM
According to Adrian Wojnarowski (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_josh_smith_hawks_nba_draft_062011), the Atlanta Hawks have started to gauge trade interest on forward Josh Smith, and Smith isn’t averse to ending his seven-year stay with his hometown team, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday.

I dont know how reliable Adrian Wojnarowski is. Would be awesome though hey :-)

rd2277
06-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Parker for Smith. Hill is ready to be the starting PG for Spurs.

ummm, should i break the news to him...? haha

hater
06-24-2011, 08:44 AM

he was "trying" to be funny

Russo21
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
lol!! i dunno if bruno was joking or was asleep when the news broke about hill

jbspurs
06-24-2011, 08:46 AM

Don't! it's too hearth breaking...

rd2277
06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
he was "trying" to be funny

I was hoping so...but you never know on this forum. :lol

Russo21
06-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Kirk Hinrich is servicable. Nowhere near Tony Parker status but serviceable nevertheless. Career 13pts 6 ast and about 40% from downtown. He would make a nice addition.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=65zn7fn

I can see the Hawks biting at this more then Adrian's suggestion.

Which would leave us with a solid starting lineup of

Tim Duncan
Josh Smith
RJ/RJ trade partner/FA SF
Manu Ginobili
Kirk Hinrich

Not brilliant but not bad

Kindergarten Cop
06-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Kirk Hinrich is servicable. Nowhere near Tony Parker status but serviceable nevertheless. Career 13pts 6 ast and about 40% from downtown. He would make a nice addition.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=65zn7fn

I can see the Hawks biting at this more then Adrian's suggestion.

The trade suggestion with the Spurs was actually made by Robby Lim, not Wojnarowski.

Russo21
06-24-2011, 09:07 AM
And leave the hawks with a damn solid lineup of

Al Horford
PF
Marvin Williams
Joe Johnson
Tony Parker

That's a kickass back court to go with a fantastic young centre, with the obvious hole at PF with Smith's departure

Russo21
06-24-2011, 09:08 AM
I read it was Adrian? Maybe adrian stole it from Robby Lim lol. If not, my bad:toast

I really think both teams improve with Adrian or Robby's suggestion lol

Kindergarten Cop
06-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I read it was Adrian? Maybe adrian stole it from Robby Lim lol

The article and Spurs' suggestion is Lim's, in which he refers to Wojnarowski's piece on Yahoo! (AW's piece is indented within his article).

Russo21
06-24-2011, 09:14 AM
No worries, thanks mate

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 09:26 AM
And leave the hawks with a damn solid lineup of

Al Horford
PF
Marvin Williams
Joe Johnson
Tony Parker

That's a kickass back court to go with a fantastic young centre, with the obvious hole at PF with Smith's departure

dont they still have pachulia?

or they can move marvin upto pf, and play that sg who comes off the bench as a starter....

Kindergarten Cop
06-24-2011, 09:28 AM
No worries, thanks mate

:toast

Russo21
06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah they still have zaza as far as i know. If they couldnt get anyone else they could throw this lineup out there. He's pretty massive btw.

Zaza Pachulia_______________Tim Duncan
Al Horford__________________Josh Smith
Marvin Williams____vs________RJ or anyone else
Joe Johnson________________Manu Giobili
Tony Parker________________Kirk Hinrich

Both lineups would be fantastic if that went down, 50/50 who would win in my oppinion

jimo2305
06-24-2011, 09:53 AM
but lol.. why in God's name would atlanta trade josh smith for rj and dejuan.. :lol:

this made me laugh hysterically

EDIT: nvm.. didn't see the last line

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5stetk4

Three team trade.

Spurs get: Nash, Zaza

Hawks get: Parker, Carter

Suns get: Smith, Kirk, Richard

ohmwrecker
06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Can someone make an **Official Dumbass Trade Machine Ideas Thread** and combine all of these there?

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Can someone make an **Official Dumbass Trade Machine Ideas Thread** and combine all of these there?

As soon as someone creates an "Official I Get Mad For Stupid Reasons And Post About It Thread" and come all of them there.

ohmwrecker
06-24-2011, 11:04 AM
As soon as someone creates an "Official I Get Mad For Stupid Reasons And Post About It Thread" and come all of them there.

I'm not mad. I am completely serious, but I'm not mad.

Buddy Holly
06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm not mad. I am completely serious, but I'm not mad.

U mad. lol just messin with you.

What is the ESPN trade machine for but to make up trades no matter how fantastical.

ohmwrecker
06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
U mad. lol just messin with you.

What is the ESPN trade machine for but to make up trades no matter how fantastical.

No, that's fine. I get that, but sometimes I can't tell by the thread title if it's a legit rumor/article, or just some poster's trade machine fantasy. It would be helpful if they were separated. I do realize I'm nitpicking though.

k_nguyen93
06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey who knows, RC can try the approach he had with Hill. Pretend to shop Parker so it seems like his backup (Hill) is ready to take over. Dangle EUROLEAGUE MVP Splitter and make Atlanta bite on three point snipers RJ and Bonner :lol.

lefty
06-24-2011, 06:34 PM
“If my opponent isn’t scoring, then we’re going to win the game. I take a lot of pride in trying to shave points off a players’ average or make sure he doesn’t have a good shooting night.”

:D

Russo21
06-24-2011, 08:56 PM

lol nice one:toast

Well in my humble oppinion i like the suggestion and i think both teams would benefit from that trade. Realistically neither the hawks or spurs are going to win the championship as presently constructed. What harm can shaking things up do. If the Hawks are gauging Smith's value it'd be wise to at least pick up the phone and see what they'd want in exchange for him.

EricD
06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
lol nice one:toast

Well in my humble oppinion i like the suggestion and i think both teams would benefit from that trade. Realistically neither the hawks or spurs are going to win the championship as presently constructed. What harm can shaking things up do. If the Hawks are gauging Smith's value it'd be wise to at least pick up the phone and see what they'd want in exchange for him.

You're a clown if you think Parker for Josh Smith is a smart thing to do for the Spurs.

Wow what an idiot.

And yes I read a lot of your posts. Pure garbage.

Russo21
06-24-2011, 10:03 PM
As with you Eric. No wonder you are a poster on a stupid online forum and not an nba executive.

And yeah, i think it would be an ok move no matter what you think.