PDA

View Full Version : CROFL Daryl Morey

djohn2oo8
06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
richardjustice (http://twitter.com/#!/richardjustice) Richard Justice

Rockets came close to trading for Golden State C Andris Biedrins last night and will continue discussions in the days ahead.

13 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/richardjustice/status/84266740116242432)

http://twitter.com/#!/richardjustice

:lmao:lmao:lmao 5PPG Ecstasy

DJ Mbenga
06-25-2011, 12:18 AM
mark jackson "my goodness, what a fool! ive got an appointment with jerry west to laugh when this goes through. im going to serenate the man with a momma there goes that man!"

Kai
06-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Decent player, ugly contract. I hope there's better options out there.

JamStone
06-25-2011, 02:03 AM
5 PPG >>>>>>>>>>>> missing the entire season with another broken foot

endrity
06-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Biedrins was amazing a couple of years ago, on his way to becoming what Chandler is now, one of the premier defensive centers in the league and someone any contender would love to have on their team, a more athletic Varejao if you will. Then his free throw struggles as well as very little defensive emphasis on that team, really killed his confidence. I am sure he can be useful again for an upper tier team.

frodo
06-25-2011, 04:55 AM
richardjustice (http://twitter.com/#!/richardjustice) Richard Justice

Rockets came close to trading for Golden State C Andris Biedrins last night and will continue discussions in the days ahead.

13 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/richardjustice/status/84266740116242432)

http://twitter.com/#!/richardjustice

:lmao:lmao:lmao 5PPG Ecstasy
rockets be build around C imho, moses malone in the 80s, hakeem in the 09s and Mr. Shite from 02 to 09, now its biedrins epoch. drafting Shite was the worst mistake they rockets ever made imho, which tampered with dem for almost a decade but that ain't morey's fault mayne, Dawson was in charge ef dat team in 02 IIRC.

:lmao 24min/game ecstasy

frodo
06-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Biedrins was amazing a couple of years ago, on his way to becoming what Chandler is now, one of the premier defensive centers in the league and someone any contender would love to have on their team, a more athletic Varejao if you will. Then his free throw struggles as well as very little defensive emphasis on that team, really killed his confidence. I am sure he can be useful again for an upper tier team.

rockets ain't an upper tier then GS imho, :lol #2 seed, but their game is built around the C which may turn out a boost to biedrins tbh. however biedrins ain't being dat great as TC tbh, as good as he can be. biedrins doesn't have no muscle, a shorter version of shawn bradley thats the best he can be

djohn2oo8
06-25-2011, 07:21 AM
rockets be build around C imho, moses malone in the 80s, hakeem in the 09s and Mr. Shite from 02 to 09, now its biedrins epoch. drafting Shite was the worst mistake they rockets ever made imho, which tampered with dem for almost a decade but that ain't morey's fault mayne, Dawson was in charge ef dat team in 02 IIRC.

My nigga Rogue spittin' the truth. Dawson was also in charge of giving Kelvin Cato a 42 million dollar contract :lol

djohn2oo8
06-25-2011, 07:21 AM
5 PPG >>>>>>>>>>>> missing the entire season with another broken foot

True, but not for that contract

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2011, 07:26 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

frodo
06-25-2011, 09:48 PM
re-signing SHITE to a 78m/5yr contract in 05 which was also a huge mistake. Morey took charge in 06 IIRC and thats when the rockets started to make some good moves.

Kai
06-25-2011, 11:12 PM
re-signing SHITE to a 78m/5yr contract in 05 which was also a huge mistake. Morey took charge in 06 IIRC and thats when the rockets started to make some good moves.

Exactly. Morey inherited a team consisting of Yao and McGrady and no one else. His job -- Get Yao and McGrady a healthy cast of role players to win a championship. He turned a team starting David Wesley at SG and Flyin' Ryan Bowen at the 4 spot into a respectable squad consisting of players like Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Ron Artest, Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. If our Superstars were healthy, who knows how things would have gone. Morey was dealt a shitty, shitty, and I mean shitty hand. He's made the most out of the situation, but when over 40 million dollars are sitting in suits on the bench and the salary cap is ~$57 million, you're not going to be having many parades in June.

sefant77
06-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Morey trying desperate to get "contender level" and trying to sell this to the fans but all he do is trade for average talent = stuck in mediocre forever.

dirk4mvp
06-25-2011, 11:16 PM
rocketfans still think they won trading Gay for Battier.

Kai
06-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Morey trying desperate to get "contender level" and trying to sell this to the fans but all he do is trade for average talent = stuck in mediocre forever.

Are you talking about now? He said we're rebuilding yesterday in a press conference. Mentioned still trying to trade into contender level, but clearly said that we are rebuilding our foundation along with a few other comments implying that we will probably suck next year.

We lost. I'd rather have Gay than Battier. Been that way for a few years. Still though, the idea was sound. Only mistake was to trust that McGrady and Yao would stay healthy.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Only mistake was to trust that McGrady and Yao would stay healthy.
Which was a massively dipshitted mistake.

Kai
06-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Which was a massively dipshitted mistake.

Hindsight is 20/20, but that's what he was hired to do. Blame Les Alexander if you must.

sefant77
06-25-2011, 11:33 PM
rebuilding with multiple mid 1st? Ole Ole.

Kai
06-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Well genius, how do you suggest this team rebuilds? It's not like anybody was giving away free top 5 picks. I wouldn't want to sell everyone we have to move up in this weak draft anyways. Jesus, you gotta suck first if you want a good pick. We have 8 forwards and just picked up Flynn who would just rot as our 3rd PG. We still have some moves to make. I'm hoping we ship Scola off to a team that he can help win before he gets too old.

sefant77
06-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Not trading for Kevin Martin (the guy isnt a franchuise player)

Trading Scola for expirings

Rebuild allready last season with a high lottery pick and cap

frodo
06-26-2011, 01:16 AM

their supporting casts be good imho, they just don't have no franchise player. dem be stuck in a horrible contract and a more horrible contract.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Memphis asked the Rockets to select Rudy Gay for them. And he's MASSIVELY overpaid now

Are you talking about now? He said we're rebuilding yesterday in a press conference. Mentioned still trying to trade into contender level, but clearly said that we are rebuilding our foundation along with a few other comments implying that we will probably suck next year.

We lost. I'd rather have Gay than Battier. Been that way for a few years. Still though, the idea was sound. Only mistake was to trust that McGrady and Yao would stay healthy.

I think you misunderstood what Dork Elvis said. He said that Les Alexander did not want to go into a rebuilding mode, or tank to get a top 5 pick. Which is really fucking retarded because NO team ever has rebuilt without going under .500

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 06:43 AM

I agree

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Not trading for Kevin Martin (the guy isnt a franchuise player)

Trading Scola for expirings

Rebuild allready last season with a high lottery pick and cap

I'd rather tank for the draft coming up

Reggie Williams
06-26-2011, 07:50 AM
trade Martin, start Lowry/Lee/Budinger/Scola/Patterson

All you can do now scros.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 09:49 AM
their supporting casts be good imho, they just don't have no franchise player. dem be stuck in a horrible contract and a more horrible contract.
The Goods. Basically without a superstar any team is fucked and will be mediocre. It takes either luck, a desirable market/team, sucking, or a shrewd move to a get a franchise level player. Like when Heisley went over Wallace's head and made the move to trade for Zach Randolph and then got lucky Randolph finally put it all together. Or when the Lakers got gifted Gasol for scrubs etc.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 09:51 AM
lol blindly defending Morey

Morey has made no effort to get a franchise player. He's assembled a team of role players no different than Sarver and his front office gang of idiots.

dirk4mvp
06-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Memphis asked the Rockets to select Rudy Gay for them. And he's MASSIVELY overpaid now

So you'd rather have the current pile of scrubs over Rudy right now?

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 10:59 AM
So you'd rather have the current pile of scrubs over Rudy right now?

Rudy is a stat padder with a superstar contract. His contract is untradable, so no I don't want him.

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Enjoy your terrible team.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 11:00 AM
The Goods. Basically without a superstar any team is fucked and will be mediocre. It takes either luck, a desirable market/team, sucking, or a shrewd move to a get a franchise level player. Like when Heisley went over Wallace's head and made the move to trade for Zach Randolph and then got lucky Randolph finally put it all together. Or when the Lakers got gifted Gasol for scrubs etc.

Plus the fact that no superstar wants to play for this team for multiple reasons.

1.) No other stars
2.) Reputation of front office
3.) History with injuries

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 11:04 AM

Morey has made no effort to get a franchise player. He's assembled a team of role players no different than Sarver and his front office gang of idiots.

The goods.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Enjoy your terrible team.

So you think Rudy is a franchise player?

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 11:08 AM
No but he's a lot better than any player on the Rockets.

Kai
06-26-2011, 11:33 AM

How can you confidently say things that you obviously have no idea if they are true or not? Are you in on every call that Morey and Sarver makes? Morey tried desperately to get Bosh (:lol), made every attempt to trade for Melo, and nearly pulled off the deal for Deron Williams. Problem is that Denver and Utah both wanted their guys to go to the East, severely hindering our chances at them.

Hating on Morey is just cool nowadays. I get it. But the dude has done the best job possible in a shitty situation.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 11:38 AM
How can you confidently say things that you obviously have no idea if they are true or not? Are you in on every call that Morey and Sarver makes? Morey tried desperately to get Bosh (:lol), made every attempt to trade for Melo, and nearly pulled off the deal for Deron Williams. Problem is that Denver and Utah both wanted their guys to go to the East, severely hindering our chances at them.

Hating on Morey is just cool nowadays. I get it. But the dude has done the best job possible in a shitty situation.

"Nearly" seems to be a common theme with him

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't think sending some caravans full of filthy Houston locals to follow Bosh around is really trying "desperately"

Kai
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't think sending some caravans full of filthy Houston locals to follow Bosh around is really trying "desperately"

He pushed hard for Bosh. Everyone knows that. He was at his doorstep at midnight of free agency. He made his pitch first. I'm sure he stayed in contact. Bosh already made his mind up to join the Heat, those 3 really fucked up what was supposed to be an awesome free agency.

Point is, Morey did not join the team with a blank slate, he joined a team with Yao and T-Mac taking up a lot of cap space. This is the first season that We won't have either on our pay roll. He has collected a cast of 5 2009 picks with the option to let them go after the season. We have 3 draft picks coming in with rookie contracts. Scola should be rather easy to move. Martin could be dealt to a team like Chicago pretty quickly. We just shipped off Brad Miller's fat ass to Minny for Flynn on a rookie contract. He's made the roster very flexible, be it for free agency next year, or if we just want to abandon ship and tank. All the while, we are still a fairly solid team.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Les is the problem too

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't want some goofy stat geek ringing my door at midnight, wtf is wrong with Morey?

lol "fairly solid"

Best lottery team eva!

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't want some goofy stat geek ringing my door at midnight, wtf is wrong with Morey?

lol "fairly solid"

Best lottery team eva!

He did the same thing with Gortat :lol

Kai
06-26-2011, 11:57 AM

lol "fairly solid"

Best lottery team eva!

yes, that's what I meant by fairly solid. I'd consider Phoenix to be fairly solid too. Maybe I should reword it. I'm saying they don't suck, but they aren't nearly good enough.

Kai
06-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Les is the problem too

I agree. He's the one we should be pointing our finger at.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 11:58 AM
yes, that's what I meant by fairly solid. I'd consider Phoenix to be fairly solid too. Maybe I should reword it. I'm saying they don't suck, but they aren't nearly good enough.
lottery = suck

Phoenix isn't fairly solid. A team full of role players using a gimmicky system isn't solid.

Kai
06-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Fair enough. But I'd consider a team over .500 to be at least a tier above the likes of Minny and Detroit.

Kai
06-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Back to the OP, the report is that the Rockets are offering Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet for Biedrins. So basically we wouldn't be giving anything to GS, just taking his ugly contract off their books. Don't know if I would want that, but it's going to be depressing if our starting center is still 6'6 this year.

djohn2oo8
06-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Back to the OP, the report is that the Rockets are offering Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet for Biedrins. So basically we wouldn't be giving anything to GS, just taking his ugly contract off their books. Don't know if I would want that, but it's going to be depressing if our starting center is still 6'6 this year.

The ONLY way they take that deal is if GS throws in a first rounder, otherwise no deal. Biedrins is injury prone, can't score, and is overpaid.

Kai
06-26-2011, 12:17 PM
The ONLY way they take that deal is if GS throws in a first rounder, otherwise no deal. Biedrins is injury prone, can't score, and is overpaid.

tbh I hope we just don't do this deal.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, don't call Morey average or you'll get this one retard on here up your ass about it saying your his BFF or something. Like a GM whose team he built consistently goes around .500 is certainly not average.

Of course some retards don't like advanced stats because Jim O'brien realized 3>2.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Maybe I'm not explaining that properly; its like Jim O'Brien liked three pointers and he used them a lot because they're worth more than 2s even though every advanced stat guy pointed out that TS% is a better indicator. That way horrible TS% guys like Antoine Walker don't get a complete green light. But then if O'Brien isn't the reason you don't like them its because people who use advanced stats are nerds. Or something like that.

I don't know really. The whole explanation is confusing. Something about dorks in their mom's basement or something.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
tbh Morey shoulda hired Jim O'Brien so he could help build the offense around advanced stats GOAT Kevin Martin

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Maybe I'm not explaining that properly; its like Jim O'Brien liked three pointers and he used them a lot because they're worth more than 2s even though every advanced stat guy pointed out that TS% is a better indicator. That way horrible TS% guys like Antoine Walker don't get a complete green light. But then if O'Brien isn't the reason you don't like them its because people who use advanced stats are nerds. Or something like that.

I don't know really. The whole explanation is confusing. Something about dorks in their mom's basement or something.

:lol

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2011, 12:52 PM
He pushed hard for Bosh. Everyone knows that. He was at his doorstep at midnight of free agency. He made his pitch first. I'm sure he stayed in contact. Bosh already made his mind up to join the Heat, those 3 really fucked up what was supposed to be an awesome free agency.

Point is, Morey did not join the team with a blank slate, he joined a team with Yao and T-Mac taking up a lot of cap space. This is the first season that We won't have either on our pay roll. He has collected a cast of 5 2009 picks with the option to let them go after the season. We have 3 draft picks coming in with rookie contracts. Scola should be rather easy to move. Martin could be dealt to a team like Chicago pretty quickly. We just shipped off Brad Miller's fat ass to Minny for Flynn on a rookie contract. He's made the roster very flexible, be it for free agency next year, or if we just want to abandon ship and tank. All the while, we are still a fairly solid team.

Exactly. It's not like the Rockets are an old team either. People want us to tank and all, but who do we give up? Everyone is young, except for Scola and Hayes, and they are still competitive. And I hope the Rockets would just sign someone like DeAndre Jordan in free agency instead of making a dumb trade for Biedrins. People like to hate on Morey, but he has always drafted well, and always makes good moves for the team (like trading away Brad Miller and his ugly contract).

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 12:53 PM
He also signed Brad Miller to that contract.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 12:54 PM
And traded Carl Landry for Kevin Martin (a classic dumb decision based off advanced stats)

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2011, 12:54 PM

Yes, because Adelman wanted him.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Then again, he did take Lon Babby and Robby Sarver to the cleaners with Brook/Dragic(not like that's hard)

Kai
06-26-2011, 01:01 PM
And traded Carl Landry for Kevin Martin (a classic dumb decision based off advanced stats)

Scola and Landry played the same position. We had to make a choice, and we were starting Trevor Ariza at the 2. Kevin Martin is a better player than Landry anyways, so who cares.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:01 PM
tbh if a certain kike wrote like a 500 word essay on exactly why he disliked advanced stats it would be fascinating imo.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:02 PM
If the 500 word minimum is a problem you could just repeat the words "nerds", "geeks", and "dweebs" a few hundred times.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Would be enlightening to read imo

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:05 PM
:lmao angry

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:06 PM
TBh, I wonder what advanced stats Hollinger used to predict Suns over Lakers in the 2010 WCF.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Sorry, nerds like me get upset when they are in their moms basement on the computer and someone makes fun of advanced stats. Hard not cut when that happens.

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Landry isn't that good though. Dude's maybe the worst rebounding power forward in the league.

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Landry isn't that good though. Dude's maybe the worst rebounding power forward in the league.

Yes, he let a six-foot point guard out-rebound him in the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Carl Landry doesn't hurt his team by merely being on the court like K-Mart does.

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know about Kevin Martin. I think literally the only thing he does well is score (by getting to the free throw line). I don't think he even tries to do anything else.

Kai
06-26-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't know about Kevin Martin. I think literally the only thing he does well is score (by getting to the free throw line). I don't think he even tries to do anything else.

He moves pretty well without the ball and plays within the offense. He scores at an efficient rate and doesn't really take shots away from others like a Monta Ellis would. That's about it. Forget about creating for others, rebounding and defending. Also when it's crunch time and the refs swallow their whistles, he's not going to deliver.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:31 PM
That's the main reason why I take issue with TS%. It favors guys who score a lot with 3s and FTs, the two types of scoring that get shut down in the 4th quarter. It's a stat that doesn't do any favors for guys who can create their own midrange J off the dribble that they can sink consistently at any time.

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:34 PM
That's the main reason why I take issue with TS%. It favors guys who score a lot with 3s and FTs, the two types of scoring that get shut down in the 4th quarter. It's a stat that doesn't do any favors for guys who can create their own midrange J off the dribble that they can sink consistently at any time.

http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2006/billups_300_060129.jpg

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Like I said I think Morey is mediocre in my opinion. The only thing thats really amazing about him is that he's able to do the job from his mom's basement. Must take an organization a while to accommodate to that kind of setup.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Martin is consistently ranked as one of the worst perimeter defenders by most advanced metrics. If you have a Bruce Bowen type playing next to him and he's like a 2nd or 3rd option he could be useful. No one in the advanced stats community considers him some kind of franchise player or something.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2006/billups_300_060129.jpg
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/richard_jefferson-arton21034-240x240.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:40 PM
tbh, I don't think I've ever used a mom's basement joke period, or involving advanced stats for that matter

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I didn't know Morey was the GM when we traded RJ.

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/richard_jefferson-arton21034-240x240.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/coreymaggette%281%29.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:43 PM
I didn't know Morey was the GM when we traded RJ.
the dick jef reference had nothing to do with morey

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Monta Ellis > Kevin Martin

lol Martin scoring at an efficient rate. He shoots 43% from the field. He wouldn't average over 20 if he wasn't a flailing vag. And Ellis at least gets a couple steals and averages over twice as many assists.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I like pictures!

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/coreymaggette%281%29.jpg

http://www.bballone.com/dirkn/images/dirknowitzki_main.jpg

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:47 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TRFP1UmSMUI/AAAAAAAAFwc/um1kyvkrcIM/s1600/07.jpg

This will forever be relevant when discussing Mona Ellis.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.bballone.com/dirkn/images/dirknowitzki_main.jpg
rofl Dirk and Dick having the same TS% last season

Booharv
Is there a backstory behind the Dirk4MVP Monta love?

Greg Oden
He ain't got 121-63 on his resume tho.

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:49 PM
The Hornets would be in Seattle by now if Monta Ellis was their best player.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:49 PM
They're half brothers

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:50 PM
rofl Dirk and Dick having the same TS% last season

Advanced stat guy look at TS% in combination with Usage Rate. Like if your TS% is high and you can create a high rate of shots.

The advanced stats community has had their tongue up Dirk's ass for years btw.

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Saw him play in high school live a few times. I was like this guy's good!

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 01:51 PM
The Hornets would be in Seattle by now if Monta Ellis was their best player.

I think it's just that Monta Ellis offends you because he actually embraces being black.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Advanced stat guy look at TS% in combination with Usage Rate. Like if your TS% is high and you can create a high rate of shots.

The advanced stats community has had their tongue up Dirk's ass for years btw.
Tbh that's actually a solid point.

Idk if rebounding rate is considered an advanced stat (the concept seems rather simple), but IMO that's the best way to measure rebounding ability.

redzero
06-26-2011, 01:55 PM
If "embraces being black" means "scores 30 points off 31 shots day in, day out," then yes, I find that offensive.

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Of course that offends you too. You slob on a player's pecker who'll quit shooting and start stat whoring his assists numbers to look efficient.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Tbh that's actually a solid point.

Idk if rebounding rate is considered an advanced stat (the concept seems rather simple), but IMO that's the best way to measure rebounding ability.

Yes its considered one. Although I would argue thats not even really an "advanced stat". I mean its just the percentage of rebounds you grab while on the floor. It can be affected by who's playing next to you (Rodman or Bonner), but that goes without saying and is not a flaw of the stat.

redzero
06-26-2011, 02:01 PM
dirk4mvp, would you take Paul or Ellis if you were starting a team?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Yes its considered one. Although I would argue thats not even really an "advanced stat". I mean its just the percentage of rebounds you grab while on the floor. It can be affected by who's playing next to you (Rodman or Bonner), but that goes without saying and is not a flaw of the stat.
The same flaw would apply to rebounds per game, and yeah (total rebounds grabbed)/(total amount of possible rebounds while on the floor) isn't much more complicated than shots made/shots taken.

The main stat I hate is "win shares", I have no fuckin idea how it could be objectively computed, and I don't think half the people who use it in arguments have any idea what it means.

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't want anybody on my team that's a whiny, quitting bitch.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 02:05 PM
tbh there's a lot of different schools or systems of advanced stats. Morey supposedly uses his own system (he won't go into it in detail for whatever reason) and there's Hollinger and like a bunch of guys who rag on Hollinger. I'm not really that deep into it but there's a lot of roads to take. Its not like theres one system everyone agrees on.

redzero
06-26-2011, 02:06 PM
You would rather have an undersized chucker who leads his team straight to the lottery every season. That's understandable.

Booharv
06-26-2011, 02:08 PM
The same flaw would apply to rebounds per game, and yeah (total rebounds grabbed)/(total amount of possible rebounds while on the floor) isn't much more complicated than shots made/shots taken.

The main stat I hate is "win shares", I have no fuckin idea how it could be objectively computed, and I don't think half the people who use it in arguments have any idea what it means.

Kevin Pelton made that up on Basketball-Reference.com I think. Just to copy the one for baseball, but yeah PER, win shares, etc. A lot of the formulas for these are complete mysteries to the people who reference them. QB rating is actually the same way. The average football fan has no idea how thats calculated. I mostly look at the smaller scale ones. Turnover ratio, rebound rate, adjusted +/- etc. and try to come to my own conclusions.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 02:12 PM
QB rating is one of the dumbest stats ever

:lol John Elway not even a top 50 all time QB

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 02:26 PM
:cry don't make fun of chris paul :cry

redzero
06-26-2011, 02:36 PM
:cry don't make fun of monta ellis :cry

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 03:00 PM
DoK needs to get in on this PG debate imo.

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 10:00 PM
:cry don't make fun of monta ellis :cry

Do you often find it hard to breath with Paul's shlong down your throat?

redzero
06-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Do you often find it hard to breath with Paul's shlong down your throat?

Oh, the irony.

Greg Oden
06-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Your life is pretty ironic.