PDA

View Full Version : Spurs = Class

cheguevara
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Have a pre-talk with Georgie to let him know they are trading him. Trade him to his hometown team. Spurs GM in tears saying this is the hardest decision in his life. Pack his bags, buy him a first class ticket. Today are having a farewell meeting where tears and hugs will be shared by all.

Spurs = Class

:cry

Hooks
06-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Meanwhile the Lakers were trying to trade the heart and soul of their bench (Odom) to fucking Minnesota where they'd separate him from his wife. Fucking disgusting, I'm glad to be a fan of the classiest team in the league.

InRareForm
06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Most classiest, successful, no BS, pounding the hammer franchise in the history of the NBA.

:flag:

tlongII
06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Spurs = Done

LeBald Crabs
06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Spurs = Done

You know what you're right. And although Spurs will not win another ring in the next 50 years minimum, you gotta give them credit for taking 4 :lobt:.
Anyway, being pure class counts for something in texas doesn't it :toast

cheguevara
06-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Blazers = Never even got started

Phillip
06-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I've never seen a classier trade in my life.

It's so touching :cry

cheguevara
06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Just heard Pop and Bonner are taking him out on a Farewell Wine Tasting Tour. Bonner is bringing home made sandwiches.

sigh

Phillip
06-24-2011, 12:11 PM
che, with the lard burrito breath

Leetonidas
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
This is the classiest trade ever imo

cheguevara
06-24-2011, 12:13 PM
sup phillip.

having ne a mexican party tomorrow. This is the menu:
- Chilaquiles
- avocado dip
- tacos al carbon
- enchiladas suizas

thoughts?

BlackSwordsMan
06-24-2011, 12:25 PM
qft

Trainwreck2100
06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
:cry classy fuckin trade :cry

hater
06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Meanwhile the Lakers were trying to trade the heart and soul of their bench (Odom) to fucking Minnesota where they'd separate him from his wife. Fucking disgusting, I'm glad to be a fan of the classiest team in the league.

Minnesota!?!?

why don't they just send him to Siberia for Christ Sake. Whan an unclassy organization

Phillip
06-24-2011, 12:55 PM
sup phillip.

- Chilaquiles
- avocado dip
- tacos al carbon
- enchiladas suizas

thoughts?

no burritos?

you're a fuckin liar

chequevera's Burrito
06-24-2011, 12:58 PM
no burritos?

you're a fuckin liar

he's fucking lying

i'm gonna be there don't worry

chequevera's Iguana
06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
me too

chequeveras Sombrero
06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
i might be there not sure yet

06-24-2011, 01:00 PM
i wanna jump in on this log in/log out train

DMX7
06-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I've never seen a classier trade in my life.

It's so touching :cry

Me too. We finally agree! :toast

This team should change its name to the San Antonio Class!

cheguevara
06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
no burritos?

you're a fuckin liar

I said "mexican" party. I save the burritos for my dogs and the poor. :vomit:

DMC
06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
What does his wife do that she has to stay in LA?

He makes enough to support her I think.

Baseline
06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
What does his wife do that she has to stay in LA?

He makes enough to support her I think.

She and her sisters have a clothing store about five minutes from my house.

pass1st
06-24-2011, 01:21 PM

Being separated from his wife would be a good thing for Lamar. She must take up 3/4 of the bed.

cheguevara
06-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Spurs are so classy they didn't even want to disrespect this year's draft. While most teams were snoring through the shitty draft. Spurs were making calls, trades and actively involved.

Spurs = class

Spurs da champs
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I'ma big spurs fan but this class bull shit annoys the fuck out of me. Class doesn't win championships.

Killakobe81
06-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Have a pre-talk with Georgie to let him know they are trading him. Trade him to his hometown team. Spurs GM in tears saying this is the hardest decision in his life. Pack his bags, buy him a first class ticket. Today are having a farewell meeting where tears and hugs will be shared by all.

Spurs = Class

:cry

The spurs are very classy ... che should take notes ...and act like somebody for once ... Instead of all the whiny, penis envy drivel he posts on here.

dunkman
06-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Very classy . . . no question about.

cheguevara
06-25-2011, 01:49 AM
"I concede that I'm probably breaking the unofficial rules of SpursTalk.com by starting a new thread on something that has likely been addressed already in others, but I felt the need to call out this comment by RC to George Hill in the aftermath of last night's trade.

I keep coming back to how classy it was of RC, on behalf of Pop and the entire Spurs organization, to make it clear to GH that he will "always be a Spur." As fans we can always debate the trades themselves, the wisdom behind them, the talents of the players being shipped and received......but one thing that is beyond debate is the class and dignity with which this front office treats these moves, and more specifically, the players involved. This comment by RC, to George Hill, per RC's interview on the Spurs website last night, epitomizes that. The trade itself aside, I was never more proud of the Spurs organization than I was when I heard RC say that last night about the one key message that they attempted to deliver to GH. Whether that message went over well with GH is beside the point, it was all about the spirit, intent, and dignity behind it. I loved it, and I'm proud of RC, I'm proud of the organization, and I'm proud to be a Spurs fan.

The O-Matic"

spurs = cLass

cheguevara
06-25-2011, 01:50 AM
dignity, well intent, honesty... class

spurs = class

Isitjustme?
06-25-2011, 03:29 AM
CLIFFS NOTES: cheguevara is an idiot and has shortened my life expectancy.

Monostradamus
06-25-2011, 06:51 AM
sup phillip.

- Chilaquiles
- avocado dip
- tacos al carbon
- enchiladas suizas

thoughts?

Looks like the ass end of your underwear is gonna take a beating.

rayjayjohnson
06-25-2011, 09:57 PM

son, he'll need to be further away than 'sota to be separate from her gravitational pull.

DMC
06-25-2011, 10:36 PM
I'ma big spurs fan but this class bull shit annoys the fuck out of me. Class doesn't win championships.
2007 called to say the Spurs aren't da champs any more... fyi

Kai
06-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Had to put on my cufflinks to view this thread. :toast

cheguevara
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
http://m.sportsdaydfw.com/sportsday/db_99101/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=WBPFiu2X

Study: Spurs easier NBA team to root for than Mavericks 07/14/2011 10:16 PM

SportsDayDFW.com

Everything is a whole lot easier after you win an NBA title ... including being a prime target for bandwagon fans. As the Business Journals noted in a recent study, the Mavericks were the fourth easiest team to root for in the NBA, with only the Detroit Piston, San Antoinio Spurs, and Los Angeles Lakers beating them out for the top-3 spots. Based on a formula that ranked the teams based on their record over the past 10 seasons and three key sports landmarks, the study gave the Mavericks a huge boost after their championship.

The Sacramento Kings were ranked as the most difficult franchise to root for, with the Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers rounding out the bottom 3 teams.

The Business Journals' Top 10 easiest NBA teams to root for:

1. Los Angeles Lakers

2. San Antonio Spurs

3. Detroit Pistons

4. Dallas Mavericks

5. Boston Celtics

6. Miami Heat

7. Orlando Magic

8. Cleveland Cavaliers

9. New Jersey Nets

10. Chicago Bulls