PDA

View Full Version : Leonard and Joseph Press Conference

spursdotcom
06-25-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110625_draft_picks

:flag:

Juggity
06-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Cory Joseph seems kinda dumb. I don't think he gave particularly insightful answers. Kawhi was much better tbh.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Cory Joseph seems kinda dumb. I don't think he gave particularly insightful answers. Kawhi was much better tbh.

Q: Why don't you talk a little about your game, what your strengths are, and what you bring to this team?

Khawi: Um,.. I'm just bring my hard work, and... whatever the coach, coach Popovich wants me to do I'm gonna do.."

lol insightful

Mel_13
06-25-2011, 01:08 PM
lol agenda

longhorn
06-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Leonard hardly smiled the whole time. Hope he doesn't leave us for his hometown Lakers..haha

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2011, 01:10 PM
This is going to be a long off-season.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:12 PM
lol agenda

lol tell it like it is

CGD
06-25-2011, 01:13 PM
That's harsh. Think they were just nervous. I think back to the early interviews for George Hill and Dejuan Blair, and see similarities.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 01:14 PM
lol tell it like it isYes, Mel told it like it was when he said lol agenda.

Your life's mission is now to ankle bite this guy you have never seen play.

Harry Callahan
06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
lol tell it like it is

Not really telling it like it is.

He talked about his defense and rebounding ability as being strengths. He liked to pattern his game after Dennis Rodman to a certain extent.

He said he can get to the rim fairly easily. He wanted to improve his outside jump shot.

Did you actually listen to the interview or did you just want to spout off your opinion?

ShoogarBear
06-25-2011, 01:22 PM
This is going to be a long off-season.

Heh, aren't they all?

Mel_13
06-25-2011, 01:25 PM

He talked about his defense and rebounding ability as being strengths. He liked to pattern his game after Dennis Rodman to a certain extent.

He said he can get to the rim fairly easily. He wanted to improve his outside jump shot.

Did you actually listen to the interview or did you just want to spout off your opinion?

Now that's telling it like it is!

Juggity
06-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Q: Why don't you talk a little about your game, what your strengths are, and what you bring to this team?

Khawi: Um,.. I'm just bring my hard work, and... whatever the coach, coach Popovich wants me to do I'm gonna do.."

lol insightful

Well Kawhi did actually explain what his strengths and weaknesses are - rebounding/defense on the one hand and 3-point shooting on the other. I don't think we even got that much from Cory.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:30 PM

I listened to the interview, apparently you didn't.

The reporter had to cajole his answers. HE brought up the rodman comparison from San Diego State in the next question.

After that they AGAIN asked him basically the same question just rephrased slightly differently..

Reporter: (after stumbling with how to rephrase same question) How would you categorize your strengths of your ...offensive game?

Khawi (providing more "insight"): Um...you know I can dribble. Um, I get to the hole, easy. Um, I got mid-range shot. I just need to work on my 3pt shot.

:lmao

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 01:31 PM
How can you hate a player so much when you haven't even seen him play?

longhorn
06-25-2011, 01:33 PM

The reporter had to cajole his answers. HE brought up the rodman comparison from San Diego State in the next question.

After that they AGAIN asked him basically the same question just rephrased slightly differently..

Reporter: (after stumbling with how to rephrase same question) How would you categorize your strengths of your ...offensive game?

Khawi (providing more "insight"): Um...you know I can dribble. Um, I get to the hole, easy. Um, I got mid-range shot. I just need to work on my 3pt shot.

WHat were you expecting? Him to do a dance and start singing about all he's going to do here? He's a 19 year old kid who just got drafted into the NBA.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 01:36 PM
WHat were you expecting?Hill to start at the point for the Spurs.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:37 PM
WHat were you expecting? Him to do a dance and start singing about all he's going to do here? He's a 19 year old kid who just got drafted into the NBA.

I expected nothing more. I'm just telling it like it is. Juggity claimed his answers were insightful. They were not, IMO.

loveforthegame
06-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the press conference.

They seemed nervous/uncomfortable but I thought they did OK. They're young and will get better with more interviews and stuff. Not much they can say at this point anyway.

benefactor
06-25-2011, 01:39 PM
He can't help it. He only likes undersized, overrated SG that parade as PG's.

Mel_13
06-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Juggity claimed his answers were insightful.

No, he didn't.

It's OK for you to have an agenda. I don't really understand why you deny it rather than own it.

Juggity
06-25-2011, 01:44 PM
I expected nothing more. I'm just telling it like it is. Juggity claimed his answers were insightful. They were not, IMO.

My first post says that Cory Joseph's answers weren't very insightful, not that Kawhi's were, just that he was slightly more polished than Joseph.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 01:47 PM
I expected nothing more. I'm just telling it like it is. Juggity claimed his answers were insightful. They were not, IMO.lol can't even understand a one-line post.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 01:50 PM
My first post says that Cory Joseph's answers weren't very insightful, not that Kawhi's were, just that he was slightly more polished than Joseph.

Slightly wasn't the word I recall being used. Refresh my memory, what was that word, again?

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Man In Black
06-25-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/16/aztecs-videos-kawhi-leonard/

The kind of way he speaks is well...Duncan-esque.

TJastal can't let his bromance go. It's funny and well...self-inflicted.

Juggity
06-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Slightly wasn't the word I recall being used. Refresh my memory, what was that word, again?

I don't believe anywhere in there did I call Kawhi's answers insightful. "Better" is the word. Not insightful. So it would appear that you've misread.

Harry Callahan
06-25-2011, 02:05 PM

My post outlined pretty much what Leonard said, didn't it? You just said that yourself.

You have a certain point of view you are sticking to, and you come off looking uninformed sometimes. I'm not the first person on ST to believe you are not a strong poster - that can be said with a lot of certainty.

Also, TJastal, I didn't realize a player's ability to speak well determines how well he can play pro basketball. Especially at 19 or 20 years of age.

All you have to do now to understand my point, TJastal, is Google video an interview with Moses Malone. Next.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 02:11 PM
My post outlined pretty much what Leonard said, didn't it? You just said that yourself.

You have a certain point of view you are sticking to, and you come off looking uninformed sometimes. I'm not the first person on ST to believe you are not a strong poster - that can be said with a lot of certainty.

Also, TJastal, I didn't realize a player's ability to speak well determines how well he can play pro basketball. Especially at 19 or 20 years of age.

All you have to do now to understand my point, TJastal, is Google video an interview with Moses Malone. Next.

I made my point, and backed it up with details straight from the interview. If you want to take Juggity's side and fawn all over the insightfullness of Leonard's rather crude answers, you're welcome to take that position. I really could care less about your other blather, it matters not to this particular debate.

Man In Black
06-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Seriously how many games total have the haters seen Kawhi play?

For those that keep harping about his vertical leap...well:
http://www.cavstheblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Kawhi-Leonard1-520x341.jpg
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2011/03/19/mhoops-sdstatepg-vertical.jpg
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1356483/gyi0064002395.jpg

Understand this about the combine:

That being said, he's got a ton of very positive intangibles that the Raptors could use in bunches; his motor, size, length, rebounding skills, all would be a welcome addition to the Raps.

Now some may question if he's really as good of an athlete as was claimed to be the case as his pre-draft combine athletic tests were, well...disappointing to say the least. His max vertical was only 32 inches (hardly high-flyer material), he only bench pressed the 185 pound standard 3 times, and his agility score was worse than big men like Enes Kanter and Jeremy Tyler, and supposedly "unathletic" types like Kyle Singler.

However there's a big caveat to these scores in my opinion, and others as well, and that's that Leonard didn't participate in the earlier drills that day, and thus had next to no warm-up time prior to the tests.

He was also sitting in a freezing cold gym.

Beyond both though, a big part of me also simply says "who cares."

If you watched Leonard play the past two seasons you know that these test results don't do his game-play justice, and as per Edward's quotes from San Diego State coach, Steve Fisher, above, he's a terrific prospect.

To me, Leonard is the type of wing you need in today's NBA to field a winning team. He's probably your fourth or even fifth option offensively, but one of top two or three most valuable players because of the other things he brings to the table, and I'd be thrilled to see him in a Raptors' uniform next fall.

That's a capital F you with Kawhi sized middle finger for added effect.

Mel_13
06-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I made my point, and backed it up with details straight from the interview. If you want to take Juggity's side and fawn all over the insightfullness of Leonard's rather crude answers, you're welcome to take that position. I really could care less about your other blather, it matters not to this particular debate.

lol debate

crc21209
06-25-2011, 02:22 PM
The interviews were fine to me tbh, they're really young guys, what else do you expect them to say at this point anyway?

Harry Callahan
06-25-2011, 02:23 PM

This isn't really a debate is it? It's more like instruction to benefit you and educate you in the future.

Do you even know who Moses Malone is? If you did, you would not be talking about blather - you would be acknowledging a good point.

Now I want to be crystal clear with you TJastal, so you don't get off track.

- Moses Mose could not speak in complete sentences and was the best player in the NBA for a period of time.

Leonard is not going to be paid to be on the debate team. He is going to be paid to play basketball for the Spurs. Is that clear enough for you?

benefactor
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
http://scaryredhair.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/harry-of-the-hendersons_2.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/02/11/420x316-alg_bill_callahan.jpg

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
bitter unfunny douche

Buddy Holly
06-25-2011, 02:34 PM
TJastal is pretty damn pathetic with his senseless hate on a player who hasn't even suited up for the damn team.

Bitter bitter bitter.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Seriously how many games total have the haters seen Kawhi play?None, but they did cherry pick some negative posts about him from other message boards. That is better.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
This isn't really a debate is it? It's more like instruction to benefit you and educate you in the future.

Do you even know who Moses Malone is? If you did, you would not be talking about blather - you would be acknowledging a good point.

Now I want to be crystal clear with you TJastal, so you don't get off track.

- Moses Mose could not speak in complete sentences and was the best player in the NBA for a period of time.

Leonard is not going to be paid to be on the debate team. He is going to be paid to play basketball for the Spurs. Is that clear enough for you?

I understood your moot point when you made it the first time. Did I say Khawi's linguistics would impede him as a player? No. I simply pointed out what I percieved to be a falsehood made by Juggity.

Is that crystal clear on your end yet? If not, I'm afraid I can't help you any furthur, Harry.

DMX7
06-25-2011, 02:41 PM

They both just gave short boilerplate answers. This always happens though because they're nervous.

Buddy Holly
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
No. I simply pointed out what I percieved to be a falsehood made by Juggity.

A falsehood? He made a opinionated statement that is pretty on point. He said Leonard did "better" in the press conference, nothing more.

You and your bias interpreted that as "Leonard gave insightful answers."

TJastal
06-25-2011, 02:46 PM
A falsehood? He made a opinionated statement that is pretty on point. He said Leonard did "better" in the press conference, nothing more.

You and your bias interpreted that as "Leonard gave insightful answers."

"Much better" is the exact term used. And yes to me that is implying somewhere near the opposite end of the spectrum.

Mel_13
06-25-2011, 02:47 PM
circling the drain

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 02:47 PM
"Much better" is the exact term used. And yes to me that is implying somewhere near the opposite end of the spectrum.So you see where you were wrong, then.

Buddy Holly
06-25-2011, 02:49 PM
"Much better" is the exact term used. And yes to me that is implying somewhere near the opposite end of the spectrum.

Oh my god kid, you suck at life. Just enough.

The fact that you even took the opportunity to use such a silly thing like his ability to articulate his answers as fodder for making him look bad just speaks to how bitter and immature you are.

will_spurs
06-25-2011, 02:50 PM

As the saying goes, if you want to get out a hole, stop digging. The entertainment value brought on by yours posts (since they have no other value to speak of) comes from the fact that you never want to get out of your self-fabricated holes.

Harry Callahan
06-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I understood your moot point when you made it the first time. Did I say Khawi's linguistics would impede him as a player? No. I simply pointed out what I percieved to be a falsehood made by Juggity.

Is that crystal clear on your end yet? If not, I'm afraid I can't help you any furthur, Harry.

At least you are right about one thing. You can't really help me any further with the information you bring to the table. I tried to enlighten you at least a little bit, but I failed. Good luck in the future.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 03:00 PM

http://www.nofurthur.com/images/furthur_ogbus.jpg

Mr. Body
06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
1. These guys aren't here to be professional interview subjects. Who gives a fuck, really?
2. These guys are very young. I'm sure the last few days have been a swirl of emotion. Give them a break.

ohmwrecker
06-25-2011, 03:06 PM

I find TJ's birdbrained verbosity highly entertaining. This particular post is gold.

lol "it matters not"

Good lord.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
At least you are right about one thing. You can't really help me any further with the information you bring to the table. I tried to enlighten you at least a little bit, but I failed. Good luck in the future.

Mr Callahan,

I understood your point about Malone being dumb as a box of rocks but still good as a player. You see, like you I don't believe a super high IQ is an absolute necessity to play basketball, its mostly about instincts. Too much IQ can actual hinder a player at times IMO. But obviously, to a point a player must have a prerequisite amount of IQ in order to understand the rules of the game and certain team strategies and so forth. I was prepared to not to give Leonard's apparent lack of intellect a 2nd thought until Juggity specifically made mention of how much better his answers were than Joseph's particularily uninsightful answers, which .. given his replies I found rather puzzling so I felt compelled to make a comment on.

I know this is a big paragraph for you and is probably confusing, but maybe someday after you've passed 3rd grade reading you'll start to see the light.

k_nguyen93
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Leonard hardly smiled the whole time. Hope he doesn't leave us for his hometown Lakers..haha

Steve Fisher says hes a quiet and shy kid. Dad got murdered two years ago. Give the guy a break.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Mr Callahan,

I understood your point about Malone being dumb as a box of rocks but still good as a player. You see, like you I don't believe a super high IQ is an absolute necessity to play basketball, its mostly about instincts. Too much IQ can actual hinder a player at times IMO. But obviously, to a point a player must have a prerequisite amount of IQ in order to understand the rules of the game and certain team strategies and so forth. I was prepared to not to give Leonard's apparent lack of intellect a 2nd thought until Juggity specifically made mention of how much better his answers were than Joseph's particularily uninsightful answers, which .. given his replies I found rather puzzling so I felt compelled to make a comment on.

I know this is a big paragraph for you and is probably confusing, but maybe someday after you've passed 3rd grade reading you'll start to see the light.Third grade spelling tbh.

http://www.nofurthur.com/images/furthur_ogbus.jpg

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 03:16 PM
When TJ starts posting purple prose, it's indicative of a possible meltdown.

Mr. Body
06-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Leonard doesn't turn 20 years old until this week. The dude's 19. He's shy and humble. Listen to his videolog from Impact training on his DX page. When he doesn't have a bunch of strangers sticking mikes in his face, I'm sure he's more comfortable. As he gets older he'll get more comfortable.

ohmwrecker
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
When TJ starts posting purple prose, it's indicative of a possible meltdown.

The whole idea of TJ of all people questioning these two kids' intelligence is just absurdly ironic.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 03:35 PM
The whole idea of TJ of all people questioning these two kids' intelligence is just absurdly ironic.

And Juggity is a more qualified person?

jjktkk
06-25-2011, 03:40 PM
And Juggity is a more qualified person?

Absolutely.

Ginobilly
06-25-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL at Spurstalk posters expecting these niggas to be academic smart.:lmao I doubt any of the current Spurs could pass the SAT's nowadays. I once asked Manu on his forum a question if he's ever going pursue a college degree(like Bruce Bowen did) once he hangs em up, and he replied that he's never liked school and he's been an average student his whole life. Basically he told me he's a basketball savant, so fuck school, studying, and books. And that's Fuckin Manu for you right there.

TJastal
06-25-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL at Spurstalk posters expecting these niggas to be academic smart.:lmao I doubt any of the current Spurs could pass the SAT's nowadays. I once asked Manu on his forum a question if he's ever going pursue a college degree(like Bruce Bowen did) once he hangs em up, and he replied that he's never liked school and he's been an average student his whole life. Basically he told me he's a basketball savant, so fuck school, studying, and books. And that's Fuckin Manu for you right there.

Manu is like friggin Shakespeare in comparison to these two. Lmao.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Manu is like friggin Shakespeare in comparison to these two. Lmao.How many interviews of a 19 year old Manu have you seen?

Mr. Body
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM

"I have millions of dollars in the bank. Why should I bother getting a degree?"

TJastal
06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
How many interviews of a 19 year old Manu have you seen?

C'mon now Chump, he's Manu Ginobili. Doesn't that answer your question?

ChumpDumper
06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
C'mon now Chump, he's Manu Ginobili. Doesn't that answer your question?No, it doesn't.

How many interviews of a 19 year old Manu have you seen?

spurs1990
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
First Spurs players born in the 90's.

Where the hell did time go says this old-timer.

Spurs Brazil
06-25-2011, 04:40 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2011/06/Spurs-draft-624-306x262.jpg

TheChillFactor
06-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Cory does it feel to just come down I-35 to San Antonio?

Um, it sucked, I ran into some construction near Buda, Thankfully I was able to stop off at Aquarena Springs and check out Ralph the Swimming Pig...

timtonymanu
06-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Interview felt a little too short, IMO. Hopefully we'll get some pictures of them wearing their jerseys.

Waps1980
06-25-2011, 07:25 PM
God there are some tools in here.

The guys have just been on a roller coaster trip, now they have all this press to deal with something they'd not be used to to this degree, Hill, Blair and Anderson were all the same.

Just let their game do the talking.

For me I can't wait to see Leonard and Anderson find their way on the floor together, for Parker to have a PG under his wing.

Leonard may even bring RJs game back as they will be head to head for court time or even SF starting spot.
Exciting times for the Spurs I think!!!

Buddy Holly
06-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Cory does it feel to just come down I-35 to San Antonio?

Um, it sucked, I ran into some construction near Buda, Thankfully I was able to stop off at Aquarena Springs and check out Ralph the Swimming Pig...

Considering they flew him in from Toronto, the only construction he hit was on 410. :lol

Ice009
06-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Isn't TJastal the same guy that was going on about Roger Mason Jr. being a great player that should have played more after he left?

If so we can all just put him on ignore.

Cessation
06-25-2011, 09:53 PM
They were both clearly nervous, not much you can take away from that interview. Though, lenard seems to be more focused.

GSH
06-25-2011, 09:59 PM

lol insightful

Is it some kind of goal for you to be the biggest dick on every single thread?

The kid is well-spoken. He's still a kid, but he's obviously sharp. I'd love to see your dumb ass in front of a bunch of reporters, and every little "Ummm" and "Duuhh" you utter getting recorded.

LeBron had handlers to coach him in advance of all his interviews. And he still said some stupid shit. Give the kid a break.

Oh, and flame away. I'm not even going to bother reading your dumb fucking responses anymore. You are seriously working on being the lowest common denominator on the entire forum. I'm sure you won't disappoint this time.

HankChinaski
06-25-2011, 10:08 PM
At what point did you start talking how this trade could potential impact this team overall with the upcoming season to seasons to follow and how it effects them long term poorly as well?

All i've read from TJastal so far is him arguing over semantics about how a poster phrased a comment. Just really annoying to sit through and read the same post spat out back at others trying to state something different or correct 'em on something. Posting to a brick wall.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Is it some kind of goal for you to be the biggest dick on every single thread?That's a good idea for a new award.

God knows he covets one.

frodo
06-26-2011, 04:34 AM
kg was also a dumb nigga to some extent but that ain't nothing like da 7'6 Mr. Shite imho. niggas just be trying to sound mainstream but failed

DarkGinobili
06-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Lol