PDA

View Full Version : River Plate Relegated to Second Division

Libri
06-26-2011, 04:14 PM
River Plate relegated in Argentina after 1-1 draw

UENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) -Legendary club River Plate was relegated to the Argentine second division for the first time in its 110-year history on Sunday, sparking steet battles between police and fans just outside its Monumental stadium.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/soccer/wires/06/26/2080.ap.soc.river.plate.relegated.2nd.ld.writethru .0598/index.html#ixzz1QQ2Bf5yg

DAF86
06-26-2011, 04:30 PM
You had to post it, didn't you? :depressed

Libri
06-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Sorry. lol

scott
06-26-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm not at all familiar with Argentine futbol, for obvious reasons... but someone on twitter said this is the equivilent of the Yankees being moved to AAA? Is that true? Also, being relegated is a 3-year process?

DAF86
06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not at all familiar with Argentine futbol, for obvious reasons... but someone on twitter said this is the equivilent of the Yankees being moved to AAA? Is that true?

Kinda.

Also, being relegated is a 3-year process?

Yes, in Argetina only. If it were for this season alone River Plate should have qualified for the international cups. :bang

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2011, 05:13 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

SAtown
06-26-2011, 05:18 PM
LOL River

LOL 2nd Division

LOL DAF

ElNono
06-26-2011, 05:33 PM
lol D-league team
lol passing on Messi to pay the likes of Pavone
lol Aguilar vacationing in the Caribbean with the money he stole
lol Passarella
lol JJ Lopez
lol Alonso is going to show up and talk shit like he always does
lol Boca ecstasy
lol ElNono is a River Plate fan :depressed

ElNono
06-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I see fans are taking this well... 40 injured, 8 are cops :wow

Sense
06-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow 3 years in second division?! :lol

If they don't win in that division this will be funnier.

DAF86
06-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow 3 years in second division?! :lol

It's not like that. It doesn't take three years to get relegated or promoted. Teams that have been in a division for three years or longer divide the pts they got in those three season for the games they played during that time. If a team spent less than three seasons in a division they divide for the time they played, wether it's two or one season. It's an average thing. River can go up next season.

scott
06-26-2011, 07:02 PM
If they were good enough to qualify for International Cups this year - how bad were they the two years before that?!?!

DAF86
06-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Very bad.

DAF86
06-26-2011, 07:06 PM
In '08 we "Championshiped" and at the next tournament we ended last. :lol

diego
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I was going to abstain from commenting on the River debacle, but this is just too much:
River execs seen sending thugs to give death threats to ref at half time of critical game (http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Haganlo-ahora-haganlo-rapido_0_508149197.html)

River plate...
execs already bankrupted their club
coaching staff already went away from their identity of attacking football
players already shit the bed over and over again
fans already insulted and attacked their players, destroyed their own stadium and museum
All of this has sent them to relegation, with a massive debt and likely sanctions for the destruction they caused

but this? team execs working shoulder to shoulder with thugs in order to work the ref? (and the best is their forward missed the penalty the ref gave them :lmao :lmao ) this is easily the most scandalous thing of all, and will likely (should, going by punishments other teams have received for lesser crimes) mean they do not play any home games for a good while and have a massive point penalty to start the B league. they could easily be there for 1-2 years as a result, and they deserve it, even if it means my team doesnt get to play a super clasico during that time.

sorry DAF, but this is beyond pathetic. You guys are supposed to be the classy, rich team that wins with style, not the bankrupt, thug, hang from the goalpost and go down to the B league mess you are now.

and you may well argue that all the clubs in argentina have connections between the barras and the execs... but to get caught like this knowing everything that is at stake was monumentally stupid. The only thing that might save them is having enough pull at AFA to avoid a bigger penalty, but lesser teams have been reamed for lesser crimes.

:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ :sequ

diego
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
oh, and the 08 championship, like the ones at the beginning of the decade, were consolation prizes while Boca was fighting for libertadores cups. you guys have been mediocre to crap for a good 5+ years now.

lefty
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Sport (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport)
Football (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football)
River Plate (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/riverplate)

River Plate official escapes injury after petrol bomb attack on home

• Damage caused to house of board member Daniel Mancusi
• Fans rioted after club were relegated to second division

Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Ffoo tball%2F2011%2Fjun%2F29%2Friver-plater-board-member-bomb&t=River%20Plate%20official%20escapes%20injury%20af ter%20petrol%20bomb%20attack%20on%20home%20%7C%20F ootball%20%7C%20guardian.co.uk&src=sp)
http://static.guim.co.uk/static/106209/common/images/icon_reddit.gif (http://www.reddit.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Ffootb all%2F2011%2Fjun%2F29%2Friver-plater-board-member-bomb&title=) reddit this (http://www.reddit.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Ffootb all%2F2011%2Fjun%2F29%2Friver-plater-board-member-bomb&title=)

Agencies
guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/), Wednesday 29 June 2011 16.18 BST <li class="history">Article history (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/29/river-plater-board-member-bomb#history-link-box) http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/SPORT/Pix/pictures/2011/6/29/1309360629515/River-Plate-007.jpg Police officers pictured during the rioting which followed River Plate's relegation. Photograph: Argenpress / Rex Features

A high-ranking official of River Plate (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/riverplate) has escaped injury after a petrol bomb was thrown at his house.
Police said the bomb damaged the door and entry area to the residence of Daniel Mancusi, a member of the club's board of directors and a supporter of the club's beleagured president, Daniel Passarella.
The Argentinian club's relegation to the second division on Sunday – which ended their 110 years in the top flight – provoked rioting inside and outside the stadium.
Mancusi told local media: "We felt a loud bang and saw that something was on fire against the front of the house.
"This is a criminal act by people who do not love the club. I did not think such a thing could happen. I am worried because I heard there is a list of addresses of all the leaders of River circulating on the internet. I believe we do not deserve this treatment. We arrived at River to help out but unfortunately we had the misfortune to be relegated."
The debt-ridden club has won more championships than any team in the country (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jun/28/river-plate-relegation-problems?INTCMP=SRCH).

ElNono
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
oh, and the 08 championship, like the ones at the beginning of the decade, were consolation prizes

They still count... I remember in the 80's, when Boca went 11 years without one, they really thought they mattered.

Now you can continue laughing at us...

diego
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
I never said they didnt count, I said that Boca had a better team but was focused in other competitions. libertadores > local championship

that guardian article says river has won the most out of all argentine teams, however...

river has the most local championships at 33. but Boca has 41 (23+18) total championships / cups domestic and international, which is more than River's total 38 (33+5). we also own the head to head matchups

still I'll say that river has been better than Boca until the last decade. since we have passed you and by a lot.

DAF86
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
That Boca number is inflated by meanigless one match cups, such as Recopas, Supercopas and things like that, tbh.

ElNono
06-29-2011, 06:12 PM
The guardian was probably talking about local tournaments in the professional era, where River leads and it's not really that close, at 33. Boca follows with 24 actually (23 tournaments + the 1969 Copa Argentina).

DAF86
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
oh, and the 08 championship, like the ones at the beginning of the decade, were consolation prizes while Boca was fighting for libertadores cups. you guys have been mediocre to crap for a good 5+ years now.

IN '08 you barely survived the group stage an then you got to SF, but that shouldn't be an excuse. Velez this year got to the semis too and end up winning the local league. Besides you have been pretty shitty over the last years too and are in a tough spot in the relegation table for next season.

diego
06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I didnt count the copa argentina because IIRC it was only played once

I'll play along DAF, lets not count the recopa and supercopa stuff:

boca 23+ 11 = 34; 6 times south american champ and 3 times world champ
river 33 + 3 = 36; 2 times south american champ, once world champ

I'll give you 5 more local championships for another world championship

The only way the guardian statement makes sense is if you qualify for local tournaments, but they didnt, hence my correction

DAF86
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I was going to abstain from commenting on the River debacle, but this is just too much:
River execs seen sending thugs to give death threats to ref at half time of critical game (http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Haganlo-ahora-haganlo-rapido_0_508149197.html)

River plate...
execs already bankrupted their club
coaching staff already went away from their identity of attacking football
players already shit the bed over and over again
fans already insulted and attacked their players, destroyed their own stadium and museum
All of this has sent them to relegation, with a massive debt and likely sanctions for the destruction they caused

but this? team execs working shoulder to shoulder with thugs in order to work the ref? (and the best is their forward missed the penalty the ref gave them :lmao :lmao ) this is easily the most scandalous thing of all, and will likely (should, going by punishments other teams have received for lesser crimes) mean they do not play any home games for a good while and have a massive point penalty to start the B league. they could easily be there for 1-2 years as a result, and they deserve it, even if it means my team doesnt get to play a super clasico during that time.

sorry DAF, but this is beyond pathetic. You guys are supposed to be the classy, rich team that wins with style, not the bankrupt, thug, hang from the goalpost and go down to the B league mess you are now.

and you may well argue that all the clubs in argentina have connections between the barras and the execs... but to get caught like this knowing everything that is at stake was monumentally stupid. The only thing that might save them is having enough pull at AFA to avoid a bigger penalty, but lesser teams have been reamed for lesser crimes.

:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ:sequ :sequ

crofl trying to imply that we got the ref benefit. Didn't you see the penalty he didn't gave us in the first half when we were winning 1-0? That's what must have caused the incident with the ref. Pezzotta is also the same ref that didn't gave Quilmes a clear penalty against Olimpo that would have allowed River to stay in the first division. And those aren't the only examples, we got royally screwed all season long, you must remember for the River-Boca match where they didn't give us all those penalties.

crofl at pointing out River only when you know every club have the same ties with the "barras" and do the same things.

diego
06-29-2011, 07:11 PM
we have been shitty, but not last in the league shitty. we are in the middle of the relegation table, not near the bottom. Also, we have been shitty for reasons similar to the spurs now- age and injuries. We are not bankrupt, and would need at least 2 more lower half of the table tournaments to play the promotion; even then other teams are likely to suck more.

velez won the tournament and reached semis with a young team, boca was already an old team in 08 that had to rest its players a lot, still we came in 2nd 4 pts under you. every river fan I know was already furious at management and the team in 08 and couldnt believe they won that championship. still, count it, go back to the "simple list" and tell me you prefer having +10 local championships and -8 international.

oh, and I hope you enjoy this year, there will be some great games for you guys, pity you wont play any of them in the monumental. and you better hope you don't start the year -20, or you will be down there for at least two years.

diego
06-29-2011, 07:14 PM
:cry :cry :cry
does it matter if you can't make a penalty?
:lmao

how many games did lamela and almeyda get to play in they should have been suspended for? for that matter, why is their an average system in the first place? yeah, it must be because there is a conspiracy to favor small market teams and screw the poor millonarios :cry :cry :cry

ALVAREZ6
06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
monumentally stupid.

lol

DAF86
06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
:cry :cry :cry
does it matter if you can't make a penalty?

how many games did lamela and almeyda get to play in they should have been suspended for? for that matter, why is their an average system in the first place? yeah, it must be because there is a conspiracy to favor small market teams and screw the poor millonarios :cry :cry :cry

I don't know what you're talking about, Lamela did use the 225 but that's a rule everyone can use, Almeya didn't so I don't kow what you're talkig about.

Say whatever you want but refs screwed us, plain and simple. I'm not saying the intentionally screwed us I'm just saying that we got a whole lot of bad calls against us. There was so much talk about how River can't lose the division and that refs would help us that it ended playing against us IMO, no ref wanted to go down in history as the ref that helped the winningest team in Argentina to stay in the first division an called against us anytime there was a close call, or as it was the case many times in clear as water calls.

I don't know what you mean about "average system".

ElNono
06-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Truth be told I haven't followed the local league since circa 2002... I only watch the NT these days.

diego
06-29-2011, 07:55 PM
crofl at pointing out River only when you know every club have the same ties with the "barras" and do the same things.

i already adressed this: show me where other teams' execs have gotten caught- or even accused- of putting barras into the ref locker room so they can give them a death threat. after the shit your barras pulled in cordoba, they should have known they'd be under scrutiny. and despite that bullshit, you still got beat by belgrano, and because of that bullshit, you may end up in a hole that will take more than one year to dig out of. you deserve it.

oh and :lmao at you using the refs as the reason river went down. It had nothing to do with finishing dead last, nothing to do with being one of the most offensively inept teams in the league, nothing to do with consistently sucking for 3+ years. just sit quiet and take it like a man, belgrano whooped your ass. if you are going to cry about the caruso penalty, what about the legit belgrano goal that was disallowed 0-0? what about the belgrano goal afterwards that made the difference two again, or the first two for that matter? 3-1 over two games is not blame the refs material. just sit down and take it, river is a B league team and it isnt because of the refs.

DAF86
06-29-2011, 08:14 PM
i already adressed this: show me where other teams' execs have gotten caught- or even accused- of putting barras into the ref locker room so they can give them a death threat. after the shit your barras pulled in cordoba, they should have known they'd be under scrutiny. and despite that bullshit, you still got beat by belgrano, and because of that bullshit, you may end up in a hole that will take more than one year to dig out of. you deserve it.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/839388-suspenden-gimnasia-boca-por-amenazas-al-arbitro-gimenez

And their stadium didn't get suspended or were taken points away from them.

oh and :lmao at you using the refs as the reason river went down. It had nothing to do with finishing dead last, nothing to do with being one of the most offensively inept teams in the league, nothing to do with consistently sucking for 3+ years. just sit quiet and take it like a man, belgrano whooped your ass. if you are going to cry about the caruso penalty, what about the legit belgrano goal that was disallowed 0-0? what about the belgrano goal afterwards that made the difference two again, or the first two for that matter? 3-1 over two games is not blame the refs material. just sit down and take it, river is a B league team and it isnt because of the refs.

You don't know shit about football if you think that goal was wrongly dissallowed, the players were offside and although they didn't touch the ball they were 30 cms in front of the keeper blocking his vision.

And about Belgrano's goal, it was on a couterattack, if River would have been winning 2-0 that wouldn't have hapened. Either way, I'm not blaming River's division loss entirely on the refs, they did help but the guiltiest of them all is the fucking thief Aguilar.

BTW, a B league team made more pts than you this season.

diego
06-29-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/839388-suspenden-gimnasia-boca-por-amenazas-al-arbitro-gimenez

And their stadium didn't get suspended or were taken points away from them.

the game was suspended, and gimnasia was hit with a fine. there was no evidence beyond the refs statement which he refused to make public. And the important difference you are omitting though, is that happened 5 years ago and the climate/punishments are very different now- its not terribly common, but the few examples of teams getting points deducted from their campaign are recent and related to violence involving connections between execs and barras in promotion/relegation games, I'm not saying the incidents are identical but when speaking about security that shouldnt matter, the bottomline is things got out of control and the club hierarchy was involved. You said every team has ties with barras, true. However in 100+ years of argentine futbol, you can only show me one other case of a team exec taking barra thugs to threaten a ref inside his own stadium. the main thing here is there is video evidence, like I said when I brought this up, the big mistake was getting caught red handed. Id be surprised if they have the balls to deduct points even if technically they should, but they will definitely close your stadium, question is how long

You don't know shit about football if you think that goal was wrongly dissallowed, the players were offside and although they didn't touch the ball they were 30 cms in front of the keeper blocking his vision.

when the freekick was hit no one was offside, if there was any offside it was by milimeters and the rules say the attacking players get the benefit of the doubt. what does the position of the keeper have to do with anything? if anything it shows what an idiot carrizo is for standing there instead of going out to get the ball and drawing contact inside his box, it would have been an automatic foul. the only way it is offside is if the ball was touched in the air, I dont see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_nAvdg8D8

BTW, a B league team made more pts than you this season
but not in the last 3, thems the rules. Boca has never finished last like River did, that is what did you in. That, and your player's lack of balls, 3-1 Belgrano suck it.

DAF86
06-30-2011, 06:18 AM
when the freekick was hit no one was offside, if there was any offside it was by milimeters and the rules say the attacking players get the benefit of the doubt. what does the position of the keeper have to do with anything? if anything it shows what an idiot carrizo is for standing there instead of going out to get the ball and drawing contact inside his box, it would have been an automatic foul. the only way it is offside is if the ball was touched in the air, I dont see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_nAvdg8D8

WTF are you talking about? The Belgrano player is clearly offside when the freekick was hit and if a player is offside and blocking the goalkeeper's vision an offside call has to be made.

but not in the last 3, thems the rules. Boca has never finished last like River did, that is what did you in. That, and your player's lack of balls, 3-1 Belgrano suck it.

Typical classy Boca fan.

sonic21
06-30-2011, 06:45 AM
same for boca next year?

this 3 years system is bullshit though. Maybe they'll try a 10 years thing to not allow any other important team to be relegated.

MB20
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Reactions of a fan watching his team going down to B league.

8OU1mW0Ty_Y

His son recorded the video with a hidden camera.

dunkman
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
It was hard to believe, that league is definitely competitive, when a team like River can get relegated. That should have been impossible accounting three seasons. I always liked River more than Boca, but it seems that Boca is the top team in Argentina.

DAF86
07-14-2011, 10:48 AM
River 33 > Boca 23

dunkman
07-14-2011, 11:52 AM
River 33 > Boca 23

That's not a small difference, however getting relegated may have some future consequences.

Once River gets back to the first division, there will always be less confidence and also some players that could sign with River may choose to sign with other clubs.

DAF86
07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Nah, when River went down Fernando Cavenaghi and Chori Dominguez two players that would be among the top ten/five players in the first division decied to sign for River (even though they would lose a lot of money) just becuase it was River. Most players would prefer to play for River in the second division than to play for any other club in the first division, that's how big River is. We're in a tough spot right now but once we get back there will be no future consequences other than havig to deal with Boca fans telling us we played in the second division. :lol

ElNono
07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
lol @ the new proposed tournament that joins the Nacional B and the 1st division...
lol Grondona and his mafia maneuverings

DAF86
07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
We're THAT big :hat

Serious talk right now, this shit is retarded.

ElNono
07-25-2011, 08:04 PM
lol trying to save el escudito de Olé

urunobili
07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
River is chasing Arevalo Rios

Libri
07-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Otro que también puede sacarle jugo a los números es River: los de Matías Almeyda sólo tendrán que ubicarse los primeros 14 ó 16. Con eso, alcanza para regresar a Primera.

:lol

MB20
07-26-2011, 09:36 AM
LOL Grondona

UNBELIEVABLE!

Sense
07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
lol @ the new proposed tournament that joins the Nacional B and the 1st division...
lol Grondona and his mafia maneuverings

:lol @ this... I don't know shit about Argentine football, but this is ridiculous if done over ONE team... :lol

DAF86
07-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Actually, this helps more the teams that are close to relegation (Tigre, San Lorenzo, Racing, Boca) than River. River already went down, nobody is taking that stain out, if this thing happens it will only provide more things for other clubs' fans to laugh at us. There's not a single River fan I know that wants this to happen.

And according to the "specialist" this tournament isn't design to help River. It's designed to help the bussiness, supossedly this tournament will produce a lot more money an it will allow the Argentine football to be more "federal" (open to all parts of the country), right now the league is too centralized around Bs As and the nearbys.

mabrignani
07-26-2011, 12:08 PM
lol argentina

ElNono
07-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually, this helps more the teams that are close to relegation (Tigre, San Lorenzo, Racing, Boca) than River. River already went down, nobody is taking that stain out, if this thing happens it will only provide more things for other clubs' fans to laugh at us. There's not a single River fan I know that wants this to happen.

And according to the "specialist" this tournament isn't design to help River. It's designed to help the bussiness, supossedly this tournament will produce a lot more money an it will allow the Argentine football to be more "federal" (open to all parts of the country), right now the league is too centralized around Bs As and the nearbys.

It's bullshit though.

What's going on here is the government sticking it to media groups. They took away 1st division from Cable, and now they're taking the 2nd division away from them too.

MB20
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
It's bullshit though.

What's going on here is the government sticking it to media groups. They took away 1st division from Cable, and now they're taking the 2nd division away from them too.

Absolutely, ElNono.

lol @ clubs being pressured by the government to vote in favor of AFA because "some" money has not been sent yet (adjustment for inflation money, which is a clause in the contract all clubs signed 2 years ago).

lol @ clubs in financial problems, after 2 years of starting from scratch, and forced to vote positive because they need that money asap.

lol @ DAF thinking this is not about River Plate.

urunobili
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
honestly, until Grondona is gone I don't see Argentina coming back to glory...

DAF86
07-26-2011, 01:16 PM
lol @ DAF thinking this is not about River Plate.

:rolleyes It is not. Do you really think they would do all this mess for just one club? Why does Boca vote in favour of this if it benefits River?

This is about the overall bussiness of football in Argentina.

Besides, like I said, there's not a single River fan I know that want this to happen. Why would we be against it if this benefits our club?

sonic21
07-26-2011, 01:21 PM
all this BS to save river and boca's ass.

it's me
07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
LOL it's pretty obvious it's a national government move to use the "futbol para todos" for political propaganda at no cost ..... riBer is just a good excuse…. It could be that riBer produces more money than what even Grondona thought ….lol ... “you don't realize what you have until it's gone” but to me it all makes sense now… those no called penalties, the no red cards and all the BS River had to deal with was probably part of a plan… Grondona and Kirshner: “ we send them to B and then plan a crazy ass tournament to “save” them while we collect a LOT of money”…… whatever it is…. If true… I’m not watching one single argentine game.

ElNono
07-26-2011, 03:52 PM
lol @ the Olé cover for today:

http://i52.tinypic.com/rm1r39.jpg

ALVAREZ6
07-26-2011, 04:33 PM
honestly, until Grondona is gone I don't see Argentina coming back to glory...

motherfucker can't live too much longer....

it's me
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
LOL http://www.queputeada.com.ar/

MaNuMaNiAc
07-26-2011, 06:42 PM

:lmao so fucking embarrassing to be an Argie these days...

Sense
07-26-2011, 07:33 PM

wtf? :lol

Libri
07-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Are you all sure Grondona is not the leader of a mafia. The dude looks like a character strait out of the Godfather. :lol

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Are you all sure Grondona is not the leader of a mafia. The dude looks like a character strait out of the Godfather. :lol
What do you mean... the AFA and part of FIFA are his mafia, it's not even questionable. How else has that piece of shit fuck been pissing every respectable Argentinian coach off and remaining at the top of the AFA for all of these decades?

Libri
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
What do you mean... the AFA and part of FIFA are his mafia, it's not even questionable. How else has that piece of shit fuck been pissing every respectable Argentinian coach off and remaining at the top of the AFA for all of these decades?

http://seestantirandocondetodo.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/padrino_grondona21.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZsycjoFFUn8/SnrQk7pY2HI/AAAAAAAAEXY/8nZUIfExpEA/s400/GRONDONA+MAFIOSO.jpg

MB20
07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
:rolleyes It is not. Do you really think they would do all this mess for just one club? Why does Boca vote in favour of this if it benefits River?

This is about the overall bussiness of football in Argentina.

Besides, like I said, there's not a single River fan I know that want this to happen. Why would we be against it if this benefits our club?

Cherquis Bialo: "El cambio se debe al descenso de River"

El vocero de la AFA reconoció que la modificación del formato de los campeonatos se debe a la pérdida de categoría del Millonario. "Hay una sociedad del Estado que pone dinero y está preocupado, porque quiere que estén siempre los mejores", justificó.

it's me
07-27-2011, 11:54 AM
So my theory was true.... and LOL at Boca fans thinking they are the biggest club in Argland..... it's obvious now that River is...

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbol/AFA-cambio-torneos-decision-Gobierno_0_524947535.html

it's me
07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
The are now saying it'll be put in "stand by" .

MB20
07-27-2011, 01:11 PM
The are now saying it'll be put in "stand by" .

What did you say in your previous post??? :lol

DAF86
07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Cherquis Bialo: "El cambio se debe al descenso de River"

El vocero de la AFA reconoció que la modificación del formato de los campeonatos se debe a la pérdida de categoría del Millonario. "Hay una sociedad del Estado que pone dinero y está preocupado, porque quiere que estén siempre los mejores", justificó.

"Para que River juegue en Primera, pero para asegurar también que Boca siga en Primera, al igual que San Lorenzo, Racing, para que Quilmes juegue en Primera, así como Gimnasia y Rosario Central”

Did you read the whole thing? It doesn't benefit River, it benefits the guys that want to have River and the biggest teams in the country in the first division. River already went down, we River fans now prefer to go back up on our own and maybe have the chance to see Boca go through what we did last season but now that's impossible.

DAF86
08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
BTW the tournament isn't happening.

ElNono
08-01-2011, 10:46 PM
It was such an obvious hack and power grab... I'm glad they backed down.

DAF86
08-16-2011, 08:09 PM
J7l9mFgmHWQ

River 1 - Chacarita 0

Succesful debut for one of the teams with most affiliated fans in the World :flag:

ElNono
08-16-2011, 08:46 PM
I watched the game. Don't know they're going to be winning a lot, tbh. That defense is still a disaster.

DAF86
08-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I7ZaYaOWUsA

3-1 over Independiente Rivadavia.

ElNono
08-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Watched the game again. Better.

DAF86
08-28-2011, 05:46 PM
0HMMkdXnDKg

River 3 - Desamparados 1

Sense
08-28-2011, 06:06 PM
:lol @ a team called desamparados

DAF86
08-28-2011, 06:15 PM
:depressed at River having to play them.

diego
12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Have a nice weekend DAF? :lmao

:sequ :sequ :sequ :sequ :sequ

ElNono
12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
:lol

MaNuMaNiAc
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm a River fan and I had a great weekend. If shit like this ruins your weekends, then your priorities are all over the place.

DAF86
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM

Actually yes, I spent the whole weekend in the beach with my girlfriend. I had a very nice time.

diego
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Actually yes, I spent the whole weekend in the beach with my girlfriend. I had a very nice time.

good decision, watching your team would have been a bummer. did you wear your "en las malas mucho mas" t shirt at the beach?

DAF86
06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
:cry We're back :cry

it's me
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
David Trezeguet.... dude's a stud.

DAF86
06-23-2012, 08:05 PM
P0DFBCd3jRk
jm5W9D0tU40
ge8z-_rzsy8

diego
06-23-2012, 08:43 PM
its a good thing they squeaked it out, it would have been terrible to have someone get hurt or the neighborhood torn apart by frustrated fans tbh...

Zeu4BrOkZF0
fhzpRRz5X6k

DAF86
06-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I knew diego was going to show up :lol

Dude, why do you care so much about a B level team? Your team is fighting for the triple crown

diego
06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
just like I knew you were going to come in and celebrate, after being indifferent when you were struggling to get a direct spot.

just because Boca has a chance to get a triple, doesnt mean I dont have time to comment on river squeaking back in to 1st div. and i sincerely meant what I said, a disaster was averted today, thank trezeguet and some choking from central and instituto for that :toast

DAF86
06-23-2012, 09:19 PM
just like I knew you were going to come in and celebrate, after being indifferent when you were struggling to get a direct spot.

just because Boca has a chance to get a triple, doesnt mean I dont have time to comment on river squeaking back in to 1st div. and i sincerely meant what I said, a disaster was averted today, thank trezeguet and some choking from central and instituto for that :toast

And why does that bother you so much? :lol

I think I have the second or third post in this thread which was created right after River got relegated. I posted videos of the first games 'till I got bored then I posted when River went back up, if they would have failed, I would have posted anyway 'cause it was relevant to this thread. I really don't know why do you get so butthurt about me posting about River but you are free to do what you want :lol

ElNono
06-23-2012, 11:22 PM
My sister is a Boca fan and she texted me to congratulate me... I had no idea they were even playing :lol

diego
06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
I posted videos of the first wins 'till they started to lose

fixed that for you

do you still think

Fernando Cavenaghi and Chori Dominguez two players that would be among the top ten/five players in the first division
? :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Diego ladies and gentlemen. Someone with class might come in here and congratulate an opposing teams fans for coming back to first division. Not Diego.

Decime una cosa Dieguito, tan grande es el complejo de inferioridad que tienen los bosteritos que se la pasan hablando de River inclusive cuando les esta yendo tan bien como ahora?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-24-2012, 10:00 PM
And why does that bother you so much? :lol

I think I have the second or third post in this thread which was created right after River got relegated. I posted videos of the first games 'till I got bored then I posted when River went back up, if they would have failed, I would have posted anyway 'cause it was relevant to this thread. I really don't know why do you get so butthurt about me posting about River but you are free to do what you want :lol

Porque es un bostero y se definen a través de River, como siempre.

DAF86
06-24-2012, 10:45 PM
fixed that for you

do you still think
? :lol

Yes, you can add Trezeguet to that list now.

Name me 10 better players than those in Argentina.

DAF86
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
BTW River didn't lose 'till the 12th game and I posted like 3 games I think :lol

DAF86
06-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Porque es un bostero y se definen a través de River, como siempre.

If we would be badmouthing Boca in here I would understand the butthurtdness but no, he just gets mad at River fans posting about River playing games on a lesser tournament.

We should be the ones acting that butthurt, tbh. :lol

Brazil
06-25-2012, 05:29 PM
BTW I'm a big fan of Trezeguet move to go to play for River :tu
I'm sure he is enjoying every moment

DAF86
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
BTW I'm a big fan of Trezeguet move to go to play for River :tu
I'm sure he is enjoying every moment

I definitely enjoyed this moment.

OoeFsd-MGRs

DAF86
06-25-2012, 06:11 PM
The last repetition is the best to realize just how well he hit that.

ALVAREZ6
06-25-2012, 07:51 PM
The last repetition is the best to realize just how well he hit that.

Yeah, that ball couldn't have been struck any better. Sick goal.

Brazil
06-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I definitely enjoyed this moment.

OoeFsd-MGRs

Trezegol !!!

DAF86
12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h_C3c9IgMWE

I think you will be able to enjoy it even if you don't speak Spanish. :lmao

sonic21
12-05-2012, 04:15 AM
i heard the fans are hating trezegol right now. why?

DAF86
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
i heard the fans are hating trezegol right now. why?

The coach, former player and kind of idol Almeyda was fired on tuesday so on sunday (gameday) there were flags that said: "Assez de traitres" hinting that was Trezeguet the one that provoked the destitution.

Either way there are rumours that say that the flags were put there for political reasons by some members of politcal parties oposed to the current president (Passarella) and that's probably true 'cause the fans love Trezeguet.

It's like what we were arguing about Messsi and Ibra: Just another case of taking something and inventing other things out of it.

sonic21
12-05-2012, 04:37 PM
thanks