PDA

View Full Version : 12 pks on sale for $6 at heb

blizz
06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Bud, bud light, bud select, miller light and coors light. I dont care what u say...its $6!

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 09:13 PM
You can't pay me enough to drink piss water.

blizz
06-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Good more for me now fuck off beer snob faggot. You probably drink ur foofoo designer beers with ur pinky in the air.

4>0rings
06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Good more for me now fuck off beer snob faggot. You probably drink ur foofoo designer beers with ur pinky in the air.
Only if its fermented in the colon of a monk first.

fraga
06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UDGwdEQlGkQ/TWGDJDDehpI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/3fhqq9d71BA/s1600/I-see-a-house-with-water-Better-drink-my-own-piss.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
You can't pay me enough to drink piss water.
lol beer hipster

blizz
06-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Ok so maybe I was a little too harsh but c'mon, no need to come in here and get all elitist, it's just beer, not wine or champagne or cigars or caviar.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Ok so maybe I was a little too harsh but c'mon, no need to come in here and get all elitist, it's just beer, not wine or champagne or cigars or caviar.
No, you weren't harsh. I fuckin hate people who are snobby about beer.

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 09:43 PM
http://deschutesbrewery.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/page-header/desktop/Brewery.png (http://deschutesbrewery.com/locations/brewery)

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2011, 09:46 PM

you weren't harsh it was a womanny reply he made.

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 09:48 PM
No, you weren't harsh. I fuckin hate people who are snobby about beer.
Well, I lived in Germany for six years. When I came back, I couldn't stand these piss-waters people think is beer.

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Lets see...

$6 for 12, 12 oz 3.2% beers.

I prefer my $7.99 6 - 12 oz beers that are 6.8%.

That $6 is $1.30 per fluid oz of alcohol. What I buy is only 25.3% more at $1.63, and far better tasting.

Are they even 3.2%, or are they weaker?

Sense
06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
There's a reason it's worth that much.

Sisk
06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Lets see...

$6 for 12, 12 oz 3.2% beers.

I prefer my $7.99 6 - 12 oz beers that are 6.8%.

That $6 is $1.30 per fluid oz of alcohol. What I buy is only 25.3% more at $1.63, and far better tasting.

Are they even 3.2%, or are they weaker?

No, they're 4.2% for the most part. Near beer (in OK, CO, UT, etc.) is 3.2%.

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 10:39 PM
budweiser's the best of the lot but only if you drink all 12 at once
I could never drink 144 oz. I can drink 72 though.

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
budweiser is 5.0%; miller light 4.2% per wiki
Didn't know that.

Here in Oregon, unless the law was changed, anything labeled "beer" couldn't exceed 3.4%. Other products with higher alcohol cannot be called beer, but can be a malt liquor, ale, etc.

I found something of interest. It appears tested alcohol (http://www.borkensteincourse.org/faculty%20documents/logan_beer_tabulation.pdf) varies quite a bit from labeling.

Budweiser 4.76%
Budweiser Ice 5.41% labeled 5.5%
Miller Lite 3.99%
MGD 4.62%

Greg Oden
06-26-2011, 10:55 PM
:lol Oregon solidifying it's status as a miserable state yet again.

mouse
06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Good to see a Topic in the Club with news I can finally use!

TOTD! easy... :toast

Did I ever tell you I was an extra in a movie?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/me-in-movie.jpg

DMC
06-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Well, I lived in Germany for six years. When I came back, I couldn't stand these piss-waters people think is beer.

Do you also like schiezer videos now, hmmm heir gerstuchen?

Wild Cobra
06-26-2011, 11:28 PM
:lol Oregon solidifying it's status as a miserable state yet again.
Miserable in some ways, but that law did end up making us the Microbrew capital of the world. Couldn't buy decent beer, so people made it. Couldn't call it beer, but it was more real than the stuff adulterated with rice. We have some of the best grains and hops in the world. We also have a largest volume of soft water available.

Nobody can compete.

DMC
06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Miserable in some ways, but that law did end up making us the Microbrew capital of the world. Couldn't but decent beer, so people made it. Couldn't call it beer, but it was more real than the stuff adulterated with rice. We have some of the best grains and hops in the world. We also have a largest volume of soft water available.

Nobody can compete.
http://www.foodmessalert.com/cliff-claven-200w.jpg

Lincoln
06-26-2011, 11:45 PM
i stick wit da real shit keystone light niggas.!

mouse
06-26-2011, 11:55 PM

:lmao

That shit is the reason I paid child support for 6 months....

Drachen
06-27-2011, 12:11 AM
I am not going to look down my nose at any of you. In light of my recent pay cut I really wish I could drink shitty beer (since the first thing cut was my beer budget). I even went so far as to try to drink a Bud Light last night at a friend's house and I could barely choke it down (when I go to a party where I know only cheap beer will be served, I usually bring my own six-pack, but alas, no beer budget). It was like the difference between koolaid and freshly squeezed juice, no comparison. Sadly, my choice is "no beer", instead of "cheap beer."

Oh and Blizz, once you really get into beer, it is like cigars, wine, champagne, etc. I know I am a beer snob, I can't help it. I wish I could drink cheap beer, but I can't. And despite the fact that I agree with WC, I do still believe that he could have said what he said in a far less douchy way.

blizz
06-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Don't get me wrong....I LOVE some Young's double chocolate stout, Chimay Blue (grande reserve), paulaner, tucher, sam Adams to name a few but none of those are everyday beers for me. I can't drink any of those to get drunk. Those are beers that you savor....bud light and Michelob ultra are my get drunk beers cuz they're cheap and get the job done and yes they're less filling because it'll take me well over a 12 pk to get wasted.

blizz
06-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Either way this was meant to be more of a of a PSA, not a debate. If you drink any if those, go get some and you're welcome for the heads up. If you don't that's cool too, like I said, more for the rest of us that do. I'm going tomorrow to buy another 10 12pks.

Drachen
06-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Word Blizz! Thank you for the information. There are many who will benefit.

Sisk
06-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I am not going to look down my nose at any of you. In light of my recent pay cut I really wish I could drink shitty beer (since the first thing cut was my beer budget). I even went so far as to try to drink a Bud Light last night at a friend's house and I could barely choke it down (when I go to a party where I know only cheap beer will be served, I usually bring my own six-pack, but alas, no beer budget). It was like the difference between koolaid and freshly squeezed juice, no comparison. Sadly, my choice is "no beer", instead of "cheap beer."

Oh and Blizz, once you really get into beer, it is like cigars, wine, champagne, etc. I know I am a beer snob, I can't help it. I wish I could drink cheap beer, but I can't. And despite the fact that I agree with WC, I do still believe that he could have said what he said in a far less douchy way.

This. When I saw you posted I knew you were a beer snob but also not an asshole about it. :tu

Drachen
06-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks sisk, i grew up drinking sips of Lone star here and there as a child, but my first six pack was heineken when I was 15, then, shortly after that I was an exchange student to germany. I had no chance, my beer snobbery was written in the stars. Even if I hadn't gone to germany, I would have become one, because by that time, my dad was becoming more of a beer snob (because he could finally afford it), and so were my uncles. Doesn't mean I hate on those who can get away spending on twelve beers what I want to spend on one (my tastes have outpaced my earnings - LOL).

TE
06-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Good to know.

In the financial state I'm in, a $6 12 pack is the only beer deal I can afford.

blizz
06-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Man that sucks to hear that some of yall are having a hard time with the economy. I'm raisin a beer to yall. Hope things look up and get better for yall soon!!

blizz
06-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks sisk, i grew up drinking sips of Lone star here and there as a child, but my first six pack was heineken when I was 15, then, shortly after that I was an exchange student to germany. I had no chance, my beer snobbery was written in the stars. Even if I hadn't gone to germany, I would have become one, because by that time, my dad was becoming more of a beer snob (because he could finally afford it), and so were my uncles. Doesn't mean I hate on those who can get away spending on twelve beers what I want to spend on one (my tastes have outpaced my earnings - LOL).

I hear that...I'm a wanna be beer aficionado....just never had the funds to REALLY get into it but I love the taste of a really good beer. There's just a difference to me between enjoying a good beer and drinking beer to get drunk off my ass. Oh and when I mentioned Sam Adams...it really doesn't belong in that category..it's just a cut above the "lights". I do LOVE their Octoberfest. That's some good stuff. I should have also mentioned Warsteiner and Optimator!

Chomag
06-27-2011, 09:20 AM

I totally hear you on this, and completely agree. When in collage these beers were no thing and I never noticed how bad they really where until I got older and started drinking the more refined beers. The downside of broadening your beer pallet is you can never go back to these mainstream cheap beers. I really wish I could though because of the economic pinch.

Richard Cranium
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I guess you all prefer Grey Poupon too?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-27-2011, 09:41 AM
If you want cheap alcohol, buy one of those cheap ass $8 handles of vodka, buy a brita filter (usually cost aroun $5 a pop, and the pitcher you can filter it in costs around $20 if you don't already have one.).

Put the vodka in your freezer overnight. Put it through the filter the next morning. Let it sit out so it can get to room temp., then put it through the filter again once it's warm. Put it back in your freezer overnight, and the next day put it through the filter for a 3rd and final time. This will completely kill the brita filter, but for 13 bucks, you have a handle of vodka that's just as high quality as grey goose or other expensive vodka.

ClipshowDynasty
06-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Tbh drinking beer to get drunk just doesn't do it for mr
Anymore

I stick wit da pure liquor and da hardstuff IMO,

ElBorracho
06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Pfft...whatever it takes.

Isitjustme?
06-27-2011, 10:33 AM
If you want cheap alcohol, buy one of those cheap ass $8 handles of vodka, buy a brita filter (usually cost aroun $5 a pop, and the pitcher you can filter it in costs around $20 if you don't already have one.).

Put the vodka in your freezer overnight. Put it through the filter the next morning. Let it sit out so it can get to room temp., then put it through the filter again once it's warm. Put it back in your freezer overnight, and the next day put it through the filter for a 3rd and final time. This will completely kill the brita filter, but for 13 bucks, you have a handle of vodka that's just as high quality as grey goose or other expensive vodka.

Can anyone else comment on this? Like would this really work?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Can anyone else comment on this? Like would this really work?
I've done it multiple times, and it might not improve the actual quality of what you're drinking, it def. improves taste, takes away the nastiness cheap vodka has, and makes it a lot better to drink. I wanna puke if I take shots of cheap vodka as is, shots of filtered cheap vodka i don't even need to chase.

If you just filter it once (like most articles suggest) it still works just not nearly as much. Filtering it at different temperatures and several times over a 2 day period gets a lot more of the shit cheap vodka has filtered out. Brita filters are also way more effective than other filters people suggest.

leemajors
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
I've done it multiple times, and it might not improve the actual quality of what you're drinking, it def. improves taste, takes away the nastiness cheap vodka has, and makes it a lot better to drink. I wanna puke if I take shots of cheap vodka as is, shots of filtered cheap vodka i don't even need to chase.

If you just filter it once (like most articles suggest) it still works just not nearly as much. Filtering it at different temperatures and several times over a 2 day period gets a lot more of the shit cheap vodka has filtered out. Brita filters are also way more effective than other filters people suggest.

You should be able to do it with activated charcoal, might be a bit cheaper.

Drachen
06-27-2011, 11:48 AM
I guess you all prefer Grey Poupon too?

I love some french's mustard, but I am just starting to discover that spicy brown mustard is the shit too.

tlongII
06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.hitimewine.net/istarimages/mp/162364!2909-1293.jpg

Most ultra-premium vodkas are filtered three to five times. Crater Lake Vodka is slowly filtered 10 times through charcoal and crushed volcanic rock and then aged slightly in oak. This technique is long and painstaking but makes Crater Lake Vodka one of the smoothest vodkas in the world with it a soft, spring water feel that hints slightly of vanilla.

Best I've had! :tu

WilliamHung
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I just bought some vodka for 5.99. She-bangs!!

cantthinkofanything
06-27-2011, 03:37 PM

Your mom bangs for less than that.

WilliamHung
06-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Your mom bangs for less than that.

And you still can't afford her.

spyder
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Is it all HEBs or just the one you went and bought them at.

cantthinkofanything
06-27-2011, 03:57 PM
And you still can't afford her.

:lol
Nice.

blizz
06-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Is it all HEBs or just the one you went and bought them at.

i have no idea, i haven't been to all of them, i know the one at 281 and 1604 had em for $6

Bill_Brasky
06-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up bro, I'm gonna get me some.

And yeah I know it's cheap beer, but it's still beer, and I will still drink it.

DMC
06-27-2011, 05:54 PM
I only drink expensive beer. Even if it's shitty beer that's marked up, it's better than cheap ass beer.

1 dollar Budweiser = shit

8 dollar Budweiser rebranded in a different bottle = good shit

spyder
06-27-2011, 06:21 PM
i have no idea, i haven't been to all of them, i know the one at 281 and 1604 had em for $6

well i just went to the one on Marbach and no beer on sale for $6 :depressed o well..it was just probably a promotional deal for that day you went

CuckingFunt
06-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I hate all beer, so I have no dog in this race, but did someone really suggest that beer with a low alcohol percentage is better for getting drunk than beer with a higher alcohol percentage? If so, I think getting drunk is being confused with binge drinking.

CuckingFunt
06-27-2011, 06:26 PM
And as for vodka, anyone who hasn't tried Van Gogh yet should. Really tasty, and their flavored vodkas allow for experimenting with different cocktails that aren't sickly sweet because you can avoid using liqueurs.

Wild Cobra
06-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Cheap Vodka...

Yuk.

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
If you want an affordable tasty vodka, just buy Tito's. Damn good shit. As for beer, a real beer snob knows that the shit you buy off the shelf is a shit version of what it was when it was brewed. A real snob goes to the breweries and taste it off the line for the best flavor.

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Vodka is vodka to me. A good mixologist can make it taste good which is what I do. To hell with paying for that damn grey goose.

cheguevara
06-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Vodka is vodka to me. A good mixologist can make it taste good which is what I do. To hell with paying for that damn grey goose.

you may say this. But over the years when your body starts to break down, you will have wished you had spend the extra $ for higher grade alcohol.

oh well.

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
you may say this. But over the years when your body starts to break down, you will have wished you had spend the extra $ for higher grade alcohol.

oh well.

So you think drinking better qualify vodka would have saved my toe!!? And all our bodies break down with age and you may die healthier but you'll be dead none the less.

Freetoe
06-28-2011, 11:29 AM
you cheap bastard, i told you to get the grey goose.

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:30 AM
you cheap bastard, i told you to get the grey goose.

:lmao

Trill Clinton
06-28-2011, 12:07 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

leemajors
06-28-2011, 12:37 PM
If you want an affordable tasty vodka, just buy Tito's. Damn good shit. As for beer, a real beer snob knows that the shit you buy off the shelf is a shit version of what it was when it was brewed. A real snob goes to the breweries and taste it off the line for the best flavor.

Yeah to heck with bottle conditioning and aging. Whatever.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2011, 06:42 PM

It's not about taste. Higher quality vodka, which has been more carefully/thoroughly filtered, leads to less intense hangovers.

4>0rings
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah to heck with bottle conditioning and aging. Whatever.
It's true though the beer coming right out of the brewery tastes a lot different than when you pick it up at the store.

4>0rings
06-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Listen, when you use alcohol + a mixer, it doesn't have to be great quality, you are mixing some sugary drink in it to make it taste better.

When you are drinking vodka by itself, a straight Martini, you don't want some BS shelf vodka that's been filtered once.

Just like you don't pour Patron in a frozen marg, you use shitty Cuervo Gold. Taking a shot of tequila, step it up to a top shelf liquor.

tlongII
06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
It's not about taste. Higher quality vodka, which has been more carefully/thoroughly filtered, leads to less intense hangovers.

Bam!

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
It's true though the beer coming right out of the brewery tastes a lot different than when you pick it up at the store.

And you're supposed to drink it at room temperature. I've been thinking about this. Coors claims they frost brew their beer and ship it out in refrigerated trucks and train cars. But then it gets stored in hot warehouses at distribution centers. And as anyone knows, once you cool beer, you shouldn't let it warm up again. Wouldn't this affect the taste?

Also, I love Grey Goose, but Tito's is just as good and much cheaper.

Speaking of cheap liquor, I had an amazing 7&7 the other day. When mixed just right, that shit is good. An acquired taste, but fucking good.

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Listen, when you use alcohol + a mixer, it doesn't have to be great quality, you are mixing some sugary drink in it to make it taste better.

When you are drinking vodka by itself, a straight Martini, you don't want some BS shelf vodka that's been filtered once.

Just like you don't pour Patron in a frozen marg, you use shitty Cuervo Gold. Taking a shot of tequila, step it up to a top shelf liquor.

Skoal is actually a pretty good vodka for mixing. Cheap as shit though. And I've had a Grey Goose martini. Good.

Some people say that vodka is vodka and that the filtering shit is just a scam to charge more money.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2011, 08:16 PM
If you're drinking cheap vodka that isn't Svedka, you're doing it wrong. By far the best option in its price range.

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2011, 08:19 PM
For about $5 more than Svedka, you can buy a bottle of Tito's and it tastes much better.

4>0rings
06-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Isn't Tito's a potato vodka not a grain vodka... not that I care or could taste the difference.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Isn't Tito's a potato vodka not a grain vodka... not that I care or could taste the difference.

Per Wikipedia:

"Tito's Handmade Vodka is made from yellow corn, instead of the more commonly used wheat or potatoes, resulting in a mildly sweet aftertaste, and is distilled six times."

tlongII
06-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Leave it to a bunch of mexicans to drink vodka named "Tito's."

DPG21920
06-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I like Chopin.

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Leave it to a bunch of mexicans to drink vodka named "Tito's."

Out of Austin no less. I'm finishing my bottle tonight.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I hate all beer, sook
I have no dog in this race, but gotcha :tu
but did someone really suggest that beer with a low alcohol percentage is betteroh boy.....
low alcohol percentage is better for getting drunk than beer with a higher alcohol percentage?go on.....
If so, I think getting drunk is being confused with binge drinking.Thanks for playing :toast

leemajors
06-29-2011, 07:07 AM
And you're supposed to drink it at room temperature. I've been thinking about this. Coors claims they frost brew their beer and ship it out in refrigerated trucks and train cars. But then it gets stored in hot warehouses at distribution centers. And as anyone knows, once you cool beer, you shouldn't let it warm up again. Wouldn't this affect the taste?

Also, I love Grey Goose, but Tito's is just as good and much cheaper.

Speaking of cheap liquor, I had an amazing 7&7 the other day. When mixed just right, that shit is good. An acquired taste, but fucking good.

No you are not. Most beers are supposed to be consumed and stored at cellar temperature - around 55 degrees. Most mass domestics "taste" better when ice cold because you can't taste them at all that cold.

JoeChalupa
06-29-2011, 08:44 AM

meh...I haven't had a hangover in years. It is all in your head.