PDA

View Full Version : so there is this much outrage over hill being traded what would this place be like..

ducks
06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
if tp was indeed traded for scrubs?
if manu was traded and it was = value?

TJastal
06-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Why would TP have to be traded for scrubs?

k_nguyen93
06-27-2011, 10:24 AM
I think there's some cause for concern. If Parker goes down, going to be interesting just having Joseph to back him up. Might be good to sign a TJ Ford/Earl Watson if they're cheap. I would have really liked to see Kirk Hinrich but he's not a free agent until next season and probably can still get on payday. Also some people might view this as kind of a panic move since the team did win 61 games last season.

Interrohater
06-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I agree with this. I think the FO has proven that they don't often make silly mistakes, and trading TP for scrubs would be a gross miscalculation. Obviously, they do make mistakes at times, but not one this big.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2011, 10:30 AM
this place will be calling for a celebration

k_nguyen93
06-27-2011, 10:32 AM
I agree with this. I think the FO has proven that they don't often make silly mistakes, and trading TP for scrubs would be a gross miscalculation. Obviously, they do make mistakes at times, but not one this big.

No way in hell they were even considering trading Parker for Casspi + Jonas/Thompson. Jonas was gone at 5 which should have been known considering Cavs were high on him + Raptors' Euro track record.

What do you guys think about this trade though? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3m6bz5w

pancakechef
06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
This is the problem with Message Boards and fans in general.

-Whatever POP says people jump on
- Grown men on here cannot distinguish emotion from logic

ducks
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I think there's some cause for concern. If Parker goes down, going to be interesting just having Joseph to back him up. Might be good to sign a TJ Ford/Earl Watson if they're cheap. I would have really liked to see Kirk Hinrich but he's not a free agent until next season and probably can still get on payday. Also some people might view this as kind of a panic move since the team did win 61 games last season.

hill would not be the answer if tp went down in the playoffs

ohmwrecker
06-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Because every rumored proposed deal was one-sided and horrible and involved the Spurs taking it in the ass?

Basketball Power
06-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Parker was scrub status himself in the 2011 playoffs, so a trade for scrubs would have been a fair trade