ace3g
06-27-2011, 12:42 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_aaron_gray.jpg

Born: Dec 7, 1984
Height: 7-0 / 2.13
Weight: 270 lbs. / 122.5 kg.
College: Pittsburgh
Years Pro: 4

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/aaron_gray/)

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Hornets just lost another big man to free agency in Aaron Gray, as his rep just gave team word he's not exercising $1.09 mill 11-12 option.

Pistons < Spurs
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Hornets just lost another big man to free agency in Aaron Gray, as his rep just gave team word he's not exercising $1.09 mill 11-12 option.

justinandimcool
06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Let's get him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benefactor
06-27-2011, 01:07 PM
The Spurs should at least feel out interest. He's very limited but he showed no fear against the Lakers in the playoffs. Can't teach mentality.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Let's explore this thoroughly shall we...

Why did NO not pick up his option? Was it for performance reasons? Personal? Salary? Who else did you play well against besides the Lakers? What's his injury history? What style of offenses and defenses has he played in and how did he do.

Due diligence fellas. Research first, then postulate an opinion...

Mel_13
06-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Why did NO not pick up his option? Was it for performance reasons? Personal? Salary? Who else did you play well against besides the Lakers? What's his injury history? What style of offenses and defenses has he played in and how did he do.

It was a player option, not a team option. Gray opted to become a FA.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 01:35 PM
It was a player option, not a team option. Gray opted to become a FA.

Why? Is he expecting more $?

And what about his playing abilities? What do his teammates say about him? Etc.

Mel_13
06-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Why? Is he expecting more $?

And what about his playing abilities? What do his teammates say about him? Etc.

Since the option was for 1yr/1M, it's safe to say that he expects to get more $, lots more $.

benefactor
06-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah...a team that needs a big could double that pretty easily. For as well as he did in the playoffs a 2 year/5 million deal is not a bad gamble for team that really needs front line depth.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Ok, I can look up his viewable (MPG, PPG, RPG) - what are his non-viewable #s? What shots does he alter whenver PGs drive to the lane? How many passes does he tip? What kind of presence does he make when in the game?

Gino2882
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok, I can look up his viewable (MPG, PPG, RPG) - what are his non-viewable #s? What shots does he alter whenver PGs drive to the lane? How many passes does he tip? What kind of presence does he make when in the game?

Jesus man...To many got dern questions. He is what he is. A serviceable backup big, we don't need to go into such excruciating details...

Mr. Body
06-27-2011, 02:58 PM

non-viewable #'s for last year: 458.92
alter shots whenver PGs drive to the lane: 13.4
passes does he tip: 3
presence does he make when in the game: horseradish and taco

k_nguyen93
06-27-2011, 06:20 PM

West and Gray might know something about Chris Paul leaving.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Jesus man...To many got dern questions. He is what he is. A serviceable backup big, we don't need to go into such excruciating details...

On the contrary, that's the type of research that is needed. There are so many half-baked posts on here based on personal "likes" and back of the neck feelings...I'd be nice for some actual and FACTUAL evidence that a guy is serviceable. My questions are there to get people to think before they write, which apparently doesn't occur all that often.

Ian Mahimi was a serviceable backup big - I doubt very seriously the Spurs FO is willing to go down that road again...

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 07:03 PM
non-viewable #'s for last year: 458.92
alter shots whenver PGs drive to the lane: 13.4
passes does he tip: 3
presence does he make when in the game: horseradish and taco

Your value on here is noted...

Mr. Body
06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Your value on here is noted...

You're welcome! Or you're welcome to answer your ridiculous questions yourself.

benefactor
06-27-2011, 08:27 PM
On the contrary, that's the type of research that is needed. There are so many half-baked posts on here based on personal "likes" and back of the neck feelings...I'd be nice for some actual and FACTUAL evidence that a guy is serviceable. My questions are there to get people to think before they write, which apparently doesn't occur all that often.

Ian Mahimi was a serviceable backup big - I doubt very seriously the Spurs FO is willing to go down that road again...
Stats that you are looking for don't say everything.

I'm basically going on is playoff performance. He did a good job against LA's bigs and many times was the best big on the floor for NO. It says a lot that he was not afraid of the moment and played like it...especially knowing that he was playing against the defending champions and his team had a very slim chance of advancing.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Stats that you are looking for don't say everything.

I'm basically going on is playoff performance. He did a good job against LA's bigs and many times was the best big on the floor for NO. It says a lot that he was not afraid of the moment and played like it...especially knowing that he was playing against the defending champions and his team had a very slim chance of advancing.

Ok, that's worth something...

I'll admit, I'm new to the forum and thought this was a place where there was a least a shred or modicum of opinion based upon somewhat sound research and stats. I didn't think asking questions about a guy who's posted as a potential FA was looked upon unfavorably. I don't know jack about this guy - I can look up his stats but unless I've seen him play, I have no idea if he's worth a piss or not. So I ask...

Benefactor, you actually seem to have some basketball IQ - others, not so much. For those and these forums, I guess I'm expecting too much.

acoelho1
06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
This guy is tough and very physical. He bodied up Bynum pretty good although he did not play very much. I think under the Spurs tutelage, he should get better and he is not a complete stiff and should come pretty cheap.

lmbebo
06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I think for the right price, he'd be a good big to have off of the bench. Get some size.

Him and maybe kmart may be good options for us this year (if it happens)

BackHome
06-28-2011, 11:10 PM
If Dice retires we are going to need some help in the big department and no way in hell can we afford K-Mart.

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-29-2011, 01:00 AM
If Dice retires we are going to need some help in the big department and no way in hell can we afford K-Mart.

we can afford Kmart. the question is does he want to come to San Antonio. he wont be valued for much more than the MLE.

Nathan89
06-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Spurs aren't dumping money on this guy because they see Splitter as the backup center.

I can see him going to:
1. Hornets
2. Celtics

Buddy Holly
06-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Spurs aren't dumping money on this guy because they see Splitter as the backup center.

I can see him going to:
1. Hornets
2. Celtics

Splitter is the backup center? Who's the starting center?!?

Agloco
06-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Splitter is the backup center? Who's the starting center?!?

Do you really have to ask?

Biggems
06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
I havent seen a lot of him, but what little I have seen, he seems to be the guy that does the dirty work. He is a hustle type player....and as an added bonus, he is a legit 7 footer.

I would be cool with the Spurs going after him.

benefactor
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/12/hornets_said_to_have_interest.html

Hornets are interested in retaining him, but if the Spurs miss on Butler and have some of the MLE left I'd like to see them go for him. He'd be good, cheap depth if other options dry out.

elemento
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
He is a scrub

No thx

benefactor
12-08-2011, 01:42 PM
He is a scrub

No thx
A scrub that spent a lot of time outplaying LA's bigs in the playoffs.

jjktkk
12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
If Grey shows hes serious about playing, he has the potential to be a a solid backup center.

Mr Bones
12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Would rather have Kwame, quite honestly. He's more mobile, and can play D without fouling-- two of Gray's major shortcomings.

SilverSpur
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I want to see what you guys say when the Lakers or Dallas or Oklahoma city sign him and we face them on the court, Oh! and loose to them because we guard him with Bonner and Blair. Did you not see what Memphis did to us.

SilverSpur
12-16-2011, 06:49 PM
I want to see what you guys have to say when the Lakers, Dallas, Oklahoma city or God forbid Memphis signs him and we have to face him with Bonner and Blair.
Sign him for the short season with a team or player option for another year and see how it works out.

lmbebo
12-16-2011, 07:30 PM
hate to burst bubble. he signed with raptors

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/12/15/raptors-pad-roster-with-big-man-gray/

ace3g
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
Aaron Gray underwent an ablation procedure today to correct his reoccurring episodes of rapid heart rate. He'll be able to play in 2 weeks.