PDA

View Full Version : N.O. Hornets Going Forward

NBA Champs
06-27-2011, 02:16 PM
As far as roster moves go, I say let Landry walk - save $$, let West walk - save $$, let CP3 walk - save $$. Now I know everyone is thinking, here it goes again..N.O. is broke and here are some other penny-pinching ideas. NO! At this point, the league knows CP3 is close to walking out of New Orleans and the price for him has gone way down and is only going to decrease. Why trade for crap or close to crap? I rather have super savings from letting CP3 and West walk while tanking as well. The fans may leave, but its a necessary sacrifice to PROPERLY REBUILD--NOT RE-LOAD. The 2012-2014 NBA draft stack is going to be stacked. That said...

An alternative IS TRADING CP3, but for multiple draft picks being the center of the deal and possibly 1-2 small contracts with no more than 2 years on them. Any CP3 deal would probably need 3 teams, with one having massive cap space.

I want to rebuild with LIMITED dead weight, if any. I can deal with Okafor for now because he does produce and if he's the only huge contract with rookie contracts and d-league contracts around him..I'll be more than happy. Even guys like Ariza may have to see the door...

Kai
06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
You don't let Paul walk, you trade him. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hornets moved cities if all that happened.

davethedope
06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
They should just disband this fucking team. I'm sick of hearing about it like any one
gives a shit or will even notice.

Leetonidas
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
If you let all those players walk you might as well move the team. Paul has been the only thing keeping basketball in New Orleans

davethedope
06-27-2011, 03:47 PM
they should've leveled the city, quite frankly. Just blow the fucking place up
and let em live like beyond thunderdome

Pelicans78
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I would let Paul walk. We won't get that much in a trade value. Its better for the team to win as many games as they can and fill as many seats as possible while Paul is here. He basically makes them an automatic playoff team when healthy. He's an excellent regular season player. I would keep him and let him walk and let his salary expire unless some team really wanted to blow the Hornets away with an offer similar to what Denver got for Carmelo.

I'm relieved West opted out. He's gonna be out for a month or two anyway unless there is a long lockout. Now the team has an easier chance of resigning Landry who isn't great, but also isn't that big of a dropoff from West and plus he will be cheaper.

Re-sign Landry, Sign a SG, preferably JR Smith, move Marco to the bench, try to trade Ariza, and replace him with a better SF which is basically any other SF in this league.

Okafor is solid, but definitely a bad contract. If Paul is traded, then Ariza and Okafor should be on the trade block as well. Otherwise I would keep Okafor in the meantime.

Kai
06-27-2011, 04:08 PM
You know what you guys should do is trade for that Marcus Thornton guy. He seems pretty legit :lol

NBA Champs
06-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I would let Paul walk. We won't get that much in a trade value. Its better for the team to win as many games as they can and fill as many seats as possible while Paul is here. He basically makes them an automatic playoff team when healthy. He's an excellent regular season player. I would keep him and let him walk and let his salary expire unless some team really wanted to blow the Hornets away with an offer similar to what Denver got for Carmelo.

I'm relieved West opted out. He's gonna be out for a month or two anyway unless there is a long lockout. Now the team has an easier chance of resigning Landry who isn't great, but also isn't that big of a dropoff from West and plus he will be cheaper.

Re-sign Landry, Sign a SG, preferably JR Smith, move Marco to the bench, try to trade Ariza, and replace him with a better SF which is basically any other SF in this league.

Okafor is solid, but definitely a bad contract. If Paul is traded, then Ariza and Okafor should be on the trade block as well. Otherwise I would keep Okafor in the meantime.

I didn't realize Landry only turns 27 in September. I change my mind and say re-sign him and go from there.

redzero
06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
You know what you guys should do is trade for that Marcus Thornton guy. He seems pretty legit :lol

I don't know, his defense isn't that great and he doesn't fit into the system I am running.

/Monty Williams

Stalin
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM
NO still have a team?

DMC
06-27-2011, 05:37 PM
they should've leveled the city, quite frankly. Just blow the fucking place up
and let em live like beyond thunderdome
Just walk the Earth like Cane in Kung Fu.